Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

cock ring, surely

only on vettel's car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

1500quidporsche posted:

Must be all those hours you're putting in on the friendship simulator.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Don't worry. Nico's Post-its will fly off before he remembers what engine mode he needed.

Lewis is still problematic

I'm confused. I've been casually skimming through this thread and I recall back in that race where both Mercedes had issues that Rosberg managed to solve it in the race and went about his way while Lewis really struggled.

I also recall about everyone praising Nico about his intelligence afterward and how poor Lewis is more of a raw racer. Now Rosberg is apparently an infantile trilobite and Lewis is the smarter of the two once more? I'm trying to get this thread's canon right again, thanks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rosberg sucks and uses post it's on his wheel. Not sure how far off the "thread cannon" this is. These are actual things and not thread jokes?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm confused. I've been casually skimming through this thread and I recall back in that race where both Mercedes had issues that Rosberg managed to solve it in the race and went about his way while Lewis really struggled.

I also recall about everyone praising Nico about his intelligence afterward and how poor Lewis is more of a raw racer. Now Rosberg is apparently an infantile trilobite and Lewis is the smarter of the two once more? I'm trying to get this thread's canon right again, thanks.

Nico = smarter than Lewis, but is a lovely driver
Lewis = is dumb, but #blessed

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

rosberg solved that problem faster than lewis because his problem happened right after he made a change to the car, so he just reversed the change and the problem went away. lewis' problem took longer to manifest itself and thus it wasn't immediately obvious how to solve it. lauda was just being a little poo poo when he suggested that rosberg did something better than lewis.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

This thread has become increasingly stupid, to the point where Reddit is a better source. Still some ways away from the Autosport forums, though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

This thread has become increasingly stupid, to the point where Reddit is a better source. Still some ways away from the Autosport forums, though.

wrong

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When Lewis Hamilton was a baby he ate the poo poo out of his diaper.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

lauda was just being a little poo poo
Lauda is the non-executive chairman we deserve

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

rosberg solved that problem faster than lewis because his problem happened right after he made a change to the car, so he just reversed the change and the problem went away. lewis' problem took longer to manifest itself and thus it wasn't immediately obvious how to solve it. lauda was just being a little poo poo when he suggested that rosberg did something better than lewis.

90% of the infighting at Mercedes can be traced back to Niki "poo poo Disturber" Lauda running his mouth and I love it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's pretty clear at this point that Lauda is 100% in the Rosberg camp.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm trying to get this thread's canon right again, thanks.

Nico is a Fraudsberg and Are Lewis is the one true blessed champion.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I didn't even know the aeroscreen was a thing. Looks like a much better solution than the halo.

So I guess it's safe to assume we'll see halos implemented for the start of 2017.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MZ posted:

Nico is a Fraudsberg and Are Lewis is the one true blessed champion.

Still he rises.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

It's pretty clear at this point that Lauda is 100% in the Rosberg camp.

I'm pretty sure that's only because its the easiest way to stir up the most amount of poo poo at the moment, he was firmly in the Lewis camp in 2014 when Lewis was on the back foot. Its seriously like a family christmas dinner where if your uncle mentions that he worked out with Jesse Ventura once you casually mention that he really wasn't a navy seal to get a rise out of him.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GramCracker posted:

Still he rises.

....for bieber

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

gret posted:

Lewis already has a halo because he's so #blessed.

I think we need to subject Lewis' head to the same kind of impact tests. Just to be sure you understand.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Good news Hefe!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36771022

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

He's been using this thread to wipe his butt for some time now.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://twitter.com/F1_Retro/status/752471284764839936

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Always knew he was a wanker

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock posted:

I didn't even know the aeroscreen was a thing. Looks like a much better solution than the halo.

So I guess it's safe to assume we'll see halos implemented for the start of 2017.

It's already going to happen. I've gotten used to it, and it's not like any F1 car made from 1998-now is attractive.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

GramCracker posted:

He's been using this thread to wipe his butt for some time now.

That would explain the smell in here...

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Seriously Hefe you should probably think about getting out. You have a valid passport, just get to a place where you can have a decent meal at least.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's already going to happen. I've gotten used to it, and it's not like any F1 car made from 1998-now is attractive.

We reached peak sexuality in F1 cars with the Jordan 191.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

you can leave with me hefe

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

cock ring, surely

You could go one better and name it after a great F1 benefactor.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CratSock posted:

That version of the aeroscreen failed crash tests and then Red Bull stopped developing it so there won't be a working one for 2017 certainly.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bryter posted:

You could go one better and name it after a great F1 benefactor.

:golfclap:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
anyone here interested in dating a man who sucks mangoes for a living? :smugmrgw:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

gret posted:

Lewis already has a halo because he's so #blessed.
Would laugh so loving hard if he painted the top portion of it gold on his car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Falken posted:

Would laugh so loving hard if he painted the top portion of it gold on his car.

Airbrushed angel wings on it to for maximum lewis.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

CratSock posted:

The halo doesn't cause as much as an aerodynamic disturbance as the aeroscreen. Aeroscreen probably causes a) lots of drag b) disrupted airflow to the rest of the body and most importantly, the rear wing.

e: However, these cars were never designed with either Halo or Aeroscreen in place, so it makes sense that the cars performance was going to be impeded by them.

Falken fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 12, 2016

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

El Hefe posted:

anyone here interested in dating a man who sucks mangoes for a living? :smugmrgw:

What is it with you and mangos? I ask because my conure is called mango and every time you mention them I get a little bit more disturbed.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I love mangoes what can I say

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

What is it with you and mangos? I ask because my conure is called mango and every time you mention them I get a little bit more disturbed.

The Venezuelan economy is now based around mango production.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

El Hefe posted:

I love mangoes what can I say

Really, who doesn't?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

El Hefe posted:

You had me at "man who sucks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Still the worst thread. Don't change.

• Locked thread