Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What the hell does Newt bring to the ticket

703 posted:

:newt:

MOON BASE MOTHER FUCKERS

Also, another quote from zoux's article:

"The girl with the shaved head says we can feed our blood to plants: "You give life to them, and they give life to you." She says there's a marijuana farm not far that has fertilized cannabis with menstrual blood for two generations."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Someone who's been wanting to ride at the front of Air Force One for decades

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the weak veneer of experience and respect for the establishment, ignoring that he long enough bent the knee to Trump over party

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

zoux posted:

Not really apropos of anything, but here's a long form on the bougiest cult you ever heard of.

BTW its :nws: for nudity and breast feeding

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

Not really apropos of anything, but here's a long form on the bougiest cult you ever heard of.

Anthropologie paganism. For women too chic for The Pyramid Collection. My username is friggin teen witch and this is just too much.

E: Though to the articles credit, it *sort of* shines a light on how Pagan(...ish) traditions and organizations are tremendously white and super exclusionary, especially with that weird "mommy" vibe.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 12, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Who cares about Newt, what the gently caress is up with this god drat tree cult? Is this what MRAs think feminism is?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

BTW its :nws: for nudity and breast feeding

Oh yeah oops.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

Who cares about Newt, what the gently caress is up with this god drat tree cult? Is this what MRAs think feminism is?

Wait, that's not feminism?

poo poo i'm doing it wrong

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The ability to lose weight and keep it off depends heavily on circumstances outside of your immediate control, just like most social/health/economic characteristics.

I was able to lose 40 pounds and keep it off for four years now just by counting calories and doing plenty of cardio. Sounds simple right? If I can do it why can't everyone?

Well, because I had enough free time and disposable income to dedicate to buying healthy food and keeping my exercise habit going consistently. And I don't have kids eating up my time, energy and resources. And I have a nice 5K running trail and a park basically right outside my door. And I don't have any mental illnesses like depression or family history of addiction that would make me miserable and drive me to lay in bed all day eating comfort foods.

All it took for me was simply being aware of what I ate and exercising regularly, but I completely understand why those two simple tasks can be incredibly difficult for other people. That shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp but apparently it is.

I just audibly gasped.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Hmm...

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/752961400205631488

Of course this needs to be said as well

quote:

Two Democrats briefed on the invitation to Mrs. Warren, however, cautioned that Mrs. Clinton had not yet made a decision about a running mate and that asking Ms. Warren to take the stage on the first night did not preclude her from being tapped as the vice-presidential nominee.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Just wait until the congressional committee pops up to investigate this

That's what that article is about. The actual story came out in 2015 before the Israeli elections, and everyone was like "woopsi guess we should have put strings on that money". Then congress decided to investigate the same thing again and reach the same conclusion.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

showbiz_liz posted:

It's not so much even sodas and poo poo, as things like bread. Why does most bread have sugar added to it (in corn syrup form)? Like, I personally know to check the label for this stuff but it's dumb that I even need to, and it wouldn't occur to a lot of people to think "I better check to see if this sandwich bread is sweetened".

And often it's deceptively marketed. "Healthy Multigrain" made with corn syrup. "Natural Peanut butter" made with corn syrup.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

Goddamn it. I've said it before, but Obama keeps making these speeches where I can't help but thinking that what I would have said if I were giving that speech.

Our government is supposed to be representative and never before Obama have I ever felt represented. Sadly I think never again.

Agree. On everything.

He didn't shirk the truth, even with a line of police officers behind him. And some of them seemed to be agreeing with him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Super glad Liz isn't going to leave the Senate, she's going to be a holy terror as chair of Banking.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

703 posted:

:newt:

MOON BASE MOTHER FUCKERS

With a zoo and "love pods"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
In college, I went with a few classmates to the NH Primaries (or at least the campaigning beforehand). Best 4 credits I've earned.

Turns out its immortalized on C-Span (1:25 mark)

teen witch fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 12, 2016

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Goatman Sacks posted:

That's what that article is about. The actual story came out in 2015 before the Israeli elections, and everyone was like "woopsi guess we should have put strings on that money". Then congress decided to investigate the same thing again and reach the same conclusion.

Oh I know there was a bipartisan congressional report, I'm just pointing to the inevitable public congressional hearing about it. Not sure if it happens before the congressional hearing to determine if there needs to be a special prosecutor to investigate the FBI's findings on emalghazi.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

JehovahsWetness posted:

Started reading Jean Edward Smith's new bio "Bush" this weekend. This is the first sentence of the preface: "Rarely in the history of the United States has the nation been so ill-served as during the presidency of George W. Bush."

I love a good low-key roasting.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Georgia.

For Clinton.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Motherfucker. :(

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Looks like entry/exit is open again? Two people were apparently involved.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

axeil posted:

Georgia.

For Clinton.

Yeah my husband is very plugged into GA state politics and he and just about everyone he knows can't stand Newt, Republican or Democrat. It's not even a regular political hate either, although that's part of it, he hates him on a personal level. Lot of people love Marianne and still haven't forgiven him for that divorce.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ron Jeremy posted:

Don't remember noticing Ted Cruz was so doughy. He would make a decent penguin for he next batman.

I was watching Jon Bois' newest video last night and realised that Ted Cruz looks and sounds a lot like Phil Hellmuth the pro poker player.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vague pretenses of respectability with the establishment and a VP desperate enough to bend the knee to Trump, I guess.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The terrifying, unearthly silver lining of Trump/Gingrich is Callista :getin:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ArlingtonNatl/status/752959640816582656

Love to see one of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier screaming at some 8 year old trying to catch a rattata on the Eternal Flame.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pokemon Go makes me so happy.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Shillary posted:

Yeah my husband is very plugged into GA state politics and he and just about everyone he knows can't stand Newt, Republican or Democrat. It's not even a regular political hate either, although that's part of it, he hates him on a personal level. Lot of people love Marianne and still haven't forgiven him for that divorce.

This longform article paints him as a sociopath

quote:

Listen, for instance, to Lee Howell, who is still friendly with Gingrich: "Newt Gingrich has a tendency to chew people up and spit them out. He uses you for all it's worth, and when he doesn't need you anymore he throws you away. Very candidly, I don't think that Newt Gingrich has many principles, except for what's best for him, guiding him."

Or Chip Kahn, who ran two of his campaigns and has-known him for 16 years: "I don't know whether the ambitious bastard came before the visionary, or whether because he's a visionary, he realizes you have to be tough to get where you need to be."

Or Mary Kahn: "Newt uses people and then discards them as useless. He's like a leech. He really is a man with no conscience. He just doesn't seem to care who he hurts or why."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/1984/11/newt-gingrich-shining-knight-post-reagan-right?page=3

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

Pokemon Go makes me so happy.

I saw a tweet earlier about the PIO for the Holocaust Museum telling people not to play pokemon go there.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/752966626618867712

:toot:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Narcissist/Sociopath 2016!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Rhesus Pieces posted:

The ability to lose weight and keep it off depends heavily on circumstances outside of your immediate control, just like most social/health/economic characteristics.

I was able to lose 40 pounds and keep it off for four years now just by counting calories and doing plenty of cardio. Sounds simple right? If I can do it why can't everyone?

Well, because I had enough free time and disposable income to dedicate to buying healthy food and keeping my exercise habit going consistently. And I don't have kids eating up my time, energy and resources. And I have a nice 5K running trail and a park basically right outside my door. And I don't have any mental illnesses like depression or family history of addiction that would make me miserable and drive me to lay in bed all day eating comfort foods.

All it took for me was simply being aware of what I ate and exercising regularly, but I completely understand why those two simple tasks can be incredibly difficult for other people. That shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp but apparently it is.

Yeah, this is the thing - an individual can deal with their weight, at least in the short term, by doing all the right things. This hasn't ever been in dispute. However, as societies we are getting fatter and suffering the diseases that come along with that. You can't treat a society-wide trend by yelling "Be more personally responsible!" at it - you actually have to make society-wide changes that make the food healthier and discourage people from consuming bad things if you want to see society-level results. People are no more personally responsible now than they've ever been, it's just that their circumstances have changed.

Socrates talking about how bad young people are these days like two and a half millenia ago posted:

The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Gort fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 12, 2016

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Any time specifically? I'm tempted to set up a rabb.it room for this tire fire.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If it weren't for fatties 80% of SA wouldn't get laid, so you should stop bad mouthing them.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

I saw a tweet earlier about the PIO for the Holocaust Museum telling people not to play pokemon go there.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

quote:

And I don't have any mental illnesses like depression or family history of addiction that would make me miserable and drive me to lay in bed all day eating comfort foods.

Ironically, exercise is the only thing that pulls me out of my depressive spirals.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress. I nearly burst out laughing at my work desk.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This one in particular is 99% likely photoshopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wanna say it was sometime in 2011/2012 that someone here on SA met Newt, and despite him basically hitting political bingo for every possible scandal that should disqualify him from the presidency, he still runs. And upon meeting him, it's clear that the guy has great charisma and can make friends with anyone. So here you are meeting someone you know is a horrible person, but it's hard to dislike the guy because he's so nice in person.

• Locked thread