Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

PerrineClostermann posted:

B-But I miss you, Hellsau!

Sign up for the Sandbox and help improve the game! Note - the Sandbox is nearly unplayable, in that the current tank balance is nonfunctional, accuracy is laughably poor so you're better off just spraying and praying no matter what tank you're in, and the dumbshits at Wargaming don't even bother to give you enough credits to outfit more than three tanks at a time so gently caress you if you actually want to help improve the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hellsau posted:

Sign up for the Sandbox and help improve the game! Note - the Sandbox is nearly unplayable, in that the current tank balance is nonfunctional, accuracy is laughably poor so you're better off just spraying and praying no matter what tank you're in, and the dumbshits at Wargaming don't even bother to give you enough credits to outfit more than three tanks at a time so gently caress you if you actually want to help improve the game.

Applied.

Also played two matches in my T34, got two crushing defeats. loving pubs.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Honestly, the worst thing about 9.15 is that it removed XVM's far superior tank filtering and replaced wit with WarGaming's Slav peasant version.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I am the Clan Killer. I've been in a lot of clans that died, either directly through my own actions (CRABS) or that were incredibly doomed and I just got out slightly before they imploded, yet I still take the credit for them (PURPL and VOLT, etc.)

Turns out when there's a bunch of shitters in a clan with oversized egos that they can't back up, and they come into contact with my oversized ego that I can back up, there's a problem, and most clan commanders aren't willing or able to kick out the shitheads who drag everyone else down, and I'm correct basically 95% of the time so they don't want to just kick me out, so everything kind of implodes. If someone repeatedly makes the same mistakes, I'm usually willing to point those mistakes out, and bad players never try to learn from their mistakes so I end up just describing why we lost a CW battle, and then saying the same exact thing three more times that night, then the actually good players figure out that wait we're not actually improving are we, time to find another clan.

People still do clan wars?

bonelord
Feb 21, 2012
Has anyone figured out how to fix the win 10 Critical Error: unhandled exception has occurred. The application will be restarted. From what I have read, it has something to do with ie11? But win 10 has ie11 built in? I am dumb, and need help. I want to crush pubs.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

bonelord posted:

Has anyone figured out how to fix the win 10 Critical Error: unhandled exception has occurred. The application will be restarted. From what I have read, it has something to do with ie11? But win 10 has ie11 built in? I am dumb, and need help. I want to crush pubs.

What is happening exactly? Is the game crashing at some specific point? Is it failing to launch entirely after upgrading to Win10?

Incidentally, I had an issue with Diablo 3 failing to launch, and it turned out it was because of the Dicksword overlay. Not saying that's the issue here, but you need to give more details.

bonelord
Feb 21, 2012

Atomizer posted:

What is happening exactly? Is the game crashing at some specific point? Is it failing to launch entirely after upgrading to Win10?

Incidentally, I had an issue with Diablo 3 failing to launch, and it turned out it was because of the Dicksword overlay. Not saying that's the issue here, but you need to give more details.

The game worked fine for a few weeks. Then I got the crash at launch. I then tried to re-install the game without researching the crash report, and when the WoT launcher goes to install, I get the same crash report. Let me google "dicksword" and hopefully a quick image search will solve all of life little problems.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This guy was raging like a maniac in game and trying to tell people what to do with obvious results. My responses to him afterwards were..... not goony at all. I had reasonable responses. What's happening to me? :cripes:

N0kken (10:30:55 PM) I find it hilarious that a half-decent player such as yourself just cannot understand why it is that I'm complaining; being blocked in by allies isn't fun, and being unable to retreat because there's a dipshit T32 behind you that can't find his WASD keys is outright infuriating.

N0kken (10:31:21 PM) It's evident you are not braindead, why can't you understand?

DeviantCelt (10:32:12 PM) As a half decent player, I understand that you can't change dumb tankers and make them do you what you want to do. It's futile.

DeviantCelt (10:33:11 PM) You can suggest things.... but if things don't go your way, you can't blow up on them because that will do nothing. In fact, that will make people less likely to listen to you.

DeviantCelt (10:33:17 PM) Same thing in real life.

N0kken (10:39:57 PM) If you think staying silent about a very prominent issue will do anything, then have fun accepting the downfall of society.

DeviantCelt (10:42:19 PM) Internet tanks is not society. I mean.... wow.... come on man. That is ridiculous.

DeviantCelt (10:43:06 PM) Maybe you've been playing pixel tanks too long. Take a break, have a beer, and if you find yourself grinding your teeth and crushing your mouse, then it's time to close the game.

N0kken (10:48:56 PM) This problem doesn't just exist in this game, or any game, but the fact there's so many players that just do stupid, illogical things and gently caress over other people is astounding.

DeviantCelt (10:58:46 PM) Welcome to planet earth.

END OF TRANSMISSION

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Wow, the ELC AMX is so unfair in tier 6 battles if you know how to play it. It's a good thing the majority of the player base is god awful at light tanks or the ELC would have seen a massive nerf already.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Heres an anti american code

QB6M6CRZGSALJ

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zettace posted:

Wow, the ELC AMX is so unfair in tier 6 battles if you know how to play it. It's a good thing the majority of the player base is god awful at light tanks or the ELC would have seen a massive nerf already.

The ELC is exactly powerful enough, as is the Chaffee. They're a step up above tier 5 tanks, and therefore get tier 6 matchmaking. Like, the T67 is incredibly powerful in tier 5 matches, and the Chaffee is basically slightly better in most ways and gets a higher tier matchmaking. The ELC is probably better than most of the tier 6 TDs, because it can play as a scout, or play as a TD, depending on the map and the situation. Yeah, they're much more powerful that poo poo like the Jpz4 or ChurchillGC or other notably bad tier 6s, but it isn't like the Chaffee is notably better than the Cromwell, and the ELC isn't a better TD than the SU-100, and is about on par for scouting as the Cromwell.

Basically just make all tanks great again and everything will be more fun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

N0kken is not wrong about the general playerbase.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

It's weird, last time I played people were actually listening to me. I'd call my targets as arty, I'd warn people when I saw something coming or knew there was an unspotted tank ahead. I'd congratulate people on good moves. And the game was actually fun solo. It's the weirdest thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BadLlama posted:

N0kken is not wrong about the general playerbase.

Not at all. But he's thinking he can change it..... by screaming at people and telling them they are terrible. :shrug:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Wait, did they rename the ELC? I could have sworn it was ELC AMX but it's AMX ELC now.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Not at all. But he's thinking he can change it..... by screaming at people and telling them they are terrible. :shrug:

can't say it's undeserved

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Screaming at bad players sees to it that they die quicker because no one has the ability anymore to simply ignore criticism. The sooner they die, the sooner they stop being a detriment to the team.

Also, if you make a point of deriding them in public chat instead of team chat, you can spin their awfulness into a tactical advantage because you force the other team's shitlords who can't help but levy an opinion to split their attention between shooting your team or running their loving mouths, and on the internet, telling people to shut the gently caress up or egging on slapfights is the greatest game of all, and far more fun than internet tanks for 95% of the Facebook generation.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

telling people to shut the gently caress up or egging on slapfights is the greatest game of all, and far more fun than internet tanks

Agreed.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Atomizer posted:

Is it just me or is the M41 laughably easy to Ace?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2809013?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

There was this one about a week and a half earlier, but I guess I didn't save the replay:

(I just abused the center road on Lakeville.)

I don't even think those were the first two aces I've got in this thing. :stare:

Wow, I've done that much damage, and 4000 spotting, and only got first class. Must be a time window thing, but I feel like it's super easy to get a first class and then mastery I somehow come up short.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
Mastery is based on xp. You get more xp by shooting higher tier tanks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey I figured out why TOST first came up:

Hellsau posted:

So I found one of the worst players I've ever seen: steelthunder777

Some highlights (only 900 company battles out of 26000):

1900 Super Pershing battles - 326 average damage
1450 KV-85 battles - 244 average damage, 36% winrate
950 PZ38nA battles - 31 average damage, only 6 scouts (so it isn't a SLYFOX54 bot)
700 games in the Pz4H - 39 average damage
2 Aces badges out of 184 tanks, on the T-150 (1300 games 290 average damage) and Grille (500 games 36% winrate?! the gently caress is he doing to sabotage his team like this)
Panther 88 (21 games), JT88 (27 games) he's keeping the game free for us.

He was top tier in a WTpz4 on Cliff, did 250 damage, we won easily because I did 5k damage and the enemy chose not to fire their guns at me. He responded to my taunts so he wasn't a bot. Fun times.

The worst goddamn player.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Yeonik posted:

Mastery is based on xp. You get more xp by shooting higher tier tanks.

Oh I know, I've definitiely been in the 1400 so range in it a few times. Such a good loving tank.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The big surprise that comes with high damage games not getting ace tanker badges is that those are often games where you weren't spotting your own damage. If someone else is spotting for you the exp you get is halved.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

bonelord posted:

The game worked fine for a few weeks. Then I got the crash at launch. I then tried to re-install the game without researching the crash report, and when the WoT launcher goes to install, I get the same crash report. Let me google "dicksword" and hopefully a quick image search will solve all of life little problems.

I can't tell if you got it or not, but the chat program we now use is "Discord", which we affectionately refer to as "dicksword." Sorry if you hadn't been informed of that earlier.

In the absence of a specific error number or whatever, I can suggest trying to reinstall WoT with as few background processes running as possible, particularly antivirus and the like. You could try it in selective startup mode.

Blindeye posted:

Wow, I've done that much damage, and 4000 spotting, and only got first class. Must be a time window thing, but I feel like it's super easy to get a first class and then mastery I somehow come up short.

I can scrounge up screenshots for the other tabs, but in the meantime I think that's about 1700 base XP if I did my math correctly.

Shadiiw
Apr 22, 2010
Thinking about finally going down the soviet medium line, i am at the T-34 (that is one fun tank), but which of the T-34-84 and the A-43 line is it best to go down?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shadiiw posted:

Thinking about finally going down the soviet medium line, i am at the T-34 (that is one fun tank), but which of the T-34-84 and the A-43 line is it best to go down?

Both. Really, both lines are full of great tanks, but I'd recommend going T-34-85/T-43/T-44/T-54 line first.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
a-43 is really nice, despised the a-44, obj 416 most broken t8 in the game, t-54????/obj 430 v2 really good??, obj 430 cool

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Whats a good strat with SU-5 TD with a 76mm gun? HE rounds put out laughable splash damage to anything at or above my level. AT rounds are just slightly better with damage output, but with 0 splash damage I almost get no hits per round.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
yo hellsau i need you to make a gif out of this golden replay i just harvested just ..ya know you will see http://wotreplays.com/site/2811369?secret=1907909d9ea5d49acfba99fabb5c79f3 please :sparkles: 13:48 game time till 13:00 , if you want to that is you dont have to (also at the ending of battle our pz also tipped himself over lol bonus

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 13, 2016

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It's weird, last time I played people were actually listening to me. I'd call my targets as arty, I'd warn people when I saw something coming or knew there was an unspotted tank ahead. I'd congratulate people on good moves. And the game was actually fun solo. It's the weirdest thing.

People were listening? Are you sure you weren't just dreaming?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

In the end, with WoT pubbies, using calm reason and screaming has the same exact net effect: gently caress'all. At least screaming relieves some frustration.

Avocados posted:

Whats a good strat with SU-5 TD with a 76mm gun? HE rounds put out laughable splash damage to anything at or above my level. AT rounds are just slightly better with damage output, but with 0 splash damage I almost get no hits per round.

TD? That's an artillery mate. Though with the 76mm gun I could see the confusion. I'd suggest just getting the 122mm with free exp. If you don't have enough free exp, go play other tanks until you have. It's either that or just sitting there firing as fast as the 76mm will let you.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

So I know how to play heavy tanks (reasonably well anyway) but seeing as that's most of what I've done in my 2k games i can't seem to break out of the heavy mindset when switching to a medium. I start off with ideas of what to do as a medium, but then just go stupid and try to play it as a fast heavy and don't contribute much. Anyone have any ideas how to help me stop this?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

try to survive 5 matches in a row while still contributing to the team every round

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
alright well im done with my experiment i did a test where i flip my tank over on its side every single battle i started to get bored so i ended it at 69 battles also 69 av damage (purpose: chat entertainment and see how low my win rate could get by doing nothing) heres the ending stats http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/itipmyselfoveronpurpose/1021168812/

it was really fun. oh yeah and thanks wg for giving me a tier 8 rental premium to ruin higher tiered battles lol it was just a prank so dw

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Valle posted:

People were listening? Are you sure you weren't just dreaming?

In the end, with WoT pubbies, using calm reason and screaming has the same exact net effect: gently caress'all. At least screaming relieves some frustration.

TD? That's an artillery mate. Though with the 76mm gun I could see the confusion. I'd suggest just getting the 122mm with free exp. If you don't have enough free exp, go play other tanks until you have. It's either that or just sitting there firing as fast as the 76mm will let you.

I have found that with some pubbies, being civil actually helps and makes me less stressed. There was one guy who was yelling at me in game once. After the match, I told him what I had been doing, and he apologized for yelling because based off of what I could see, my actions made sense.

But that's just me, I hate arguing and yelling. Don't ask how I got here.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I am disappointed that 22 eargesplitten doesn't like loudenbooming

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

alright well im done with my experiment i did a test where i flip my tank over on its side every single battle i started to get bored so i ended it at 69 battles also 69 av damage (purpose: chat entertainment and see how low my win rate could get by doing nothing) heres the ending stats http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/itipmyselfoveronpurpose/1021168812/

it was really fun. oh yeah and thanks wg for giving me a tier 8 rental premium to ruin higher tiered battles lol it was just a prank so dw

<32% WR, 0 WN8. :stare:

That is some amazing statbadding, but your ~30% SR is far higher than most pubbies'!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

Hey I figured out why TOST first came up:

The worst goddamn player.

I think I could get more damage in a Pz4H by just ramming people in a game.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I have found that with some pubbies, being civil actually helps and makes me less stressed. There was one guy who was yelling at me in game once. After the match, I told him what I had been doing, and he apologized for yelling because based off of what I could see, my actions made sense.

But that's just me, I hate arguing and yelling. Don't ask how I got here.

Same. That's what I try to do. Rarely, but sometimes.

Plus, if you are overly SUPER nice to someone flipping out, sometimes it throws them further into a frothing rage. It's really a win/win.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
Hellsau, seeing as you have tons of free time from not playing tanks you should totally do some map write-ups like your premium tank writeups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeonik posted:

Hellsau, seeing as you have tons of free time from not playing tanks you should totally do some map write-ups like your premium tank writeups.

Is Hellsau internet tanks famous besides on SA? Just click tanks.