Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Maurice Gideon-Smokehouse, if I anglicize [¿sp?]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
George Kenyon-Goodier is how I shall be addressed from now on

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Richard North-Appleby here to posh things up

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Howard Beale posted:

Richard North-Appleby here to posh things up

I'd let your son bunk with mine at private school.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Elsa W3-Caroline.

I am future posh.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sir Chapsley Goodfellow sounds a lot more posh, but that's just me.

Quite.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

hey guys i dont want to read theis long thread. anything cool happen? which pages have the meltdowns?

The meltdowns are in D&D. Here in GBS, we try to make the best of every situation.

e: a good motto for GBS might be something like "Hey, look on the bright side!" or "It could always be worse, so why not just kick back and have fun!" or "There's no such thing as a good situation, so w/e!" or maybe "Hey, guy! Pass me that syringe!"

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 13, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

hey guys i dont want to read theis long thread. anything cool happen? which pages have the meltdowns?

a bit rich coming from a guy who got a red title and vanished mysteriously for months

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

RobattoJesus posted:

I don't even know what I believe anymore other than everyone else is wrong.

Good thing, because the whole idea of belief is to hold on despite evidence and logic, and to use logic to play mental games to disqualify anything that might shake your belief

You've got both of those down cold

That and an 18-year old's ability to process a tiny bit of information and arrive at the wrong conclusion with blinding speed

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

a happy snowman posted:

That and an 18-year old's ability to process a tiny bit of information and arrive at the wrong conclusion with blinding speed

I haven't reached a single conclusion in this thread. I've just been enjoying sitting in the middle and making jokes and observations then getting attacked from all sides like some kind of idiot Socratic Moridin.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently Great Britain is literally without a leader right now, since Cameron resigned before May was appointed new prime minister.

lol

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

brylcreem posted:

Apparently Great Britain is literally without a leader right now, since Cameron resigned before May was appointed new prime minister.

lol

Wouldn't the alternative be two prime ministers?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nah, one could be a caretaker PM, while waiting for the other one.

I guess this is what happens when you don't have a written constitution.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the May is now officially supreme leader

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I thought this was all a prank???

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

brylcreem posted:

lol

Big missed opportunity for some industrious youth to run into parliament and slam his flag into the ground claiming it for himself.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the stock market is being like super predictable in these troubled times and it's just fantastic to be honest

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Just close the stock when something like this is about to happen. Don't governments do that sometimes ? "Sorry guys, no trading today. Yes, you'll have to piss your pants at home instead"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Decebal posted:

Just close the stock when something like this is about to happen. Don't governments do that sometimes ? "Sorry guys, no trading today. Yes, you'll have to piss your pants at home instead"

It wouldn't help, you're just delaying the inevitable. The same thing happens whenever something major happens after Friday close, everyone just waits until Monday to take a poo poo on their stocks.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

Yeah there's trading halts but you wanna be careful about how often you throw them out there because if investor confidence in your market tanks (which it will if you are having to manipulate the market a lot) then as soon as the trading halt is over they'll just all sell off anyway.

Or you could be China and just straight publish a list of tickers that you can buy but not sell (if you are a big investor with millions not some random citizen with $20k).

It's true that it delays the inevitable but it's also true that sometimes people need to step back and take a deep breath (which is why the trading halt exists as a tool to be used sparingly).

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

It's true that it delays the inevitable but it's also true that sometimes people need to step back and take a deep breath (which is why the trading halt exists as a tool to be used sparingly).

That's what I was thinking. People can be irrational and that's why we have governments. Put the breaks a bit so they see the sky's not falling

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
why would anyone be against panic selling

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

BREXIT IS FALLING! SELL SELL SELL!!!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lichy posted:

why would anyone be against panic selling

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

jBrereton posted:

He is literally a cartoon dickhead and I'm sure Americans would love him.

haha yeah only americans would elect a crazy rear end in a top hat, unlike our new foreign secretary boris johnson

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Boris Johnson is the most British politician in Britain.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

what happened in the last 3600 posts

is br still exiting

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

brylcreem posted:

lol

no, the queen is fine

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
The Prime Minister still has to kneel in front of the Queen,in private, and pretend that she's actually the one approving his/her appointment like in that movie ?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

oh god Boris as FM

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"Kneel" yeah look guys eyes wide shut is like 20 years old now you know what the elite do to confirm people behind closed doors

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

The Prime Minister still has to kneel in front of the Queen,in private, and pretend that she's actually the one approving his/her appointment like in that movie ?

yes, but there is a portrait of Charles I that she has to look at when she does it

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

brylcreem posted:

lol

So who punch in the nuclear code, the Queen?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Queen of England is still technically the head of state for both Canada and Australia which makes them both a nation of cuckqueans.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Rutibex posted:

yes, but there is a portrait of Charles I that she has to look at when she does it

Can she refuse and make Parliament send her another one ?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

Can she refuse and make Parliament send her another one ?

yes, the tradition when this happens is to send oliver cromwell

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Also is the Queen still the "Pope" of the Anglican Church like Henry VIII ? Could she just decide on religious dogma and all those priests will have to obey ?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fun fact: The queen of England could change your brake pads for you if she wanted to.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Decebal posted:

Also is the Queen still the "Pope" of the Anglican Church like Henry VIII ? Could she just decide on religious dogma and all those priests will have to obey ?

she is the head of the anglican church in the same way she is the head of the british government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

I think that's the Archbishop of Canturbery

corn in the bible posted:

she is the head of the anglican church in the same way she is the head of the british government

oh does she also collect incomes from religious tithing and have undue influence on church dogma as well? hosed up imo

e: lol jesus she really is the 'Supreme Governor of the CoE'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Governor_of_the_Church_of_England

wtf

quote:

The Supreme Governor formally appoints high-ranking members of the church on the advice of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, who is in turn advised by church leaders.[1]

hahahahahahaha your loving PM is advised by church leaders she appoints what in the actual gently caress UK

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 13, 2016

• Locked thread