Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Kikas posted:

Mimikkyu.
Mimic you :v:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Mimichu, as in "mimic pikachu," though I hope it gets localized as Pikaboo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The best generation is VII.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yungeese Howard

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
*reads switch-in to Heatran, uses Superpower*

Predictabo

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
how is every 'mon released The Best? like, drat, there have always been a few early released that I was totally meh about, but everything's at least solid so far. wanna hug that red panda. I think I could take it, would be worth the risk. :3:

and I love the concept of the mimic Pikachu thing. It's like OH PAY NO ATTENTION TO ME I AM JUST AN ADORABLE LITTLE PIKACHU. GHOST? WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

This is a good argument tbh.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
No love for Shellos? :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't care about Shellos but Gastrodon is one of my favorite mons

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The disguise ghost is good and the panda doesn't deserve the hate it initially got here. Gen 4 has good mon designs but a bad region. I have absolutely no feelings towards Yungoos. I think that covers all the latest discussion.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
We're still 4 months away from release and they've been revealing Pokemon at a pretty ridiculous pace - we already know about 21 Pokemon (and 19 evolutionary lines). Seems like a pretty safe bet that Sun & Moon will have more new Pokemon than X & Y.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dunban posted:

We're still 4 months away from release and they've been revealing Pokemon at a pretty ridiculous pace - we already know about 21 Pokemon (and 19 evolutionary lines). Seems like a pretty safe bet that Sun & Moon will have more new Pokemon than X & Y.

I don't know, XY had a lot of reveals. Part of the reason people were so upset by the small Pokedex (other than it being small) is that they revealed most of the new Pokemon before the game was released.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
We also haven't seen any Mega-reveals yet and they made a good chunk of those for OR/AS. If they want to stretch out the reveals they could pepper those in.

get ready for MEGA-LEDIAN :black101:

What other old pokemon have they confirmed in-game anyways?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mimmikyu announcement drives nintendo shares to its best day since 1983 wow

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

#ArigatoPikachu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*mimmikyu

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cuckoo posted:

Normal/Fighting sounds lovely offensively because Normal doesn't really add much (I guess STAB Return)? Although depending on its defensive stats, being Fighting neutral and Ghost immune

Fighting doesn't resist itself, so it Normal/Fighting is weak to Fighting.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apologies, I got them confused.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Twelve by Pies posted:

Fighting doesn't resist itself, so it Normal/Fighting is weak to Fighting.

Ahahaha then it's even worse than I thought

GF continues the proud tradition of sticking 90% lovely stats to good designs

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mega-Lopunny is normal fighting and also one of the absolute best pokemon in OU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

We also haven't seen any Mega-reveals yet and they made a good chunk of those for OR/AS. If they want to stretch out the reveals they could pepper those in.

get ready for MEGA-LEDIAN :black101:

What other old pokemon have they confirmed in-game anyways?

Well, they kind of have to throw in a super form for Greninja after all the hype they're giving the Ash-Greninja change, so here's hoping that we get more starters in on the act this time. Mega Ledian would be nice if they could give it the same glass cannon set Mega Beedrill got. It really does desperately need it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Nightmare Yungeese will become normal fighting with 120 base speed and 110 atk

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It would be neat if Mega Ledian was a Bug/Psychic Special attacking version of Mega Beedrill. I don't know what ability would be best though... Its movepool needs to be far better though.

As for the new Pokémon... The bear's has a silly design, but the idea of a cuddly Pokémon being so ridiculously strong that there are warnings about it is amusing.

Mimikkyu is amazing though. It's jealous of Pikachu's fame so it wants that kind of love as well by dressing up as one. It would be even cooler if it dressed up as other popular Pokémon as well.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Geostomp posted:

Well, they kind of have to throw in a super form for Greninja after all the hype they're giving the Ash-Greninja change, so here's hoping that we get more starters in on the act this time. Mega Ledian would be nice if they could give it the same glass cannon set Mega Beedrill got. It really does desperately need it.

Waaaaaaaaait a minute. Theres a Mega Beedrill? I havnt played since X came out (for some reason I couldnt get into that one and kind of took a Pokemon break) and missed something cool happening to one of my favorites?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Waaaaaaaaait a minute. Theres a Mega Beedrill? I havnt played since X came out (for some reason I couldnt get into that one and kind of took a Pokemon break) and missed something cool happening to one of my favorites?

Yeah, they added a ton of new Megas in ORAS

Sableye, Steelix, Sharpedo, Metagross, Pidgeot, Salamence, Glalie? Audino? Etc.

Lot of cool ones. Some really off the wall ones. Also the broken as gently caress Primal Reversions for Kyorge/Groudon and the only mega that doesn't need an item (Ryaquaza)

Zore fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 13, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Just ordered Super Mystery Dungeon to tide me over for a while until Sun/Moon. I've never played a Mystery Dungeon Game before, anything I should know before I jump in?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

Just ordered Super Mystery Dungeon to tide me over for a while until Sun/Moon. I've never played a Mystery Dungeon Game before, anything I should know before I jump in?

use wands and orbs

a lot

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Mimichu, as in "mimic pikachu," though I hope it gets localized as Pikaboo.

Pikachu's japanese name is still Pikachu, not Pikakyu

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

A new Japanese trailer was dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIkvadJU1Q

It has a bunch of new footage including lots of ridable Pokémon, that bear that was just released, and even some functions of that bracelet the trainers are wearing.

EDIT: You can groom your Pokémon and your character can do different poses!

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 13, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
pikachu is cancer and im glad its loving dead

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wow look at all that Pokemon fusionating

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Neat, the bracelets definitely allow you to let your Pokemon do certain "Burst" moves in battle, so far we've got one for each of the basic element types. I imagine Rockruff will also be able to use them as well.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No it's totally fusion how dare you

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zuzie posted:

A new Japanese trailer was dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIkvadJU1Q

It has a bunch of new footage including lots of ridable Pokémon, that bear that was just released, and even some functions of that bracelet the trainers are wearing.

EDIT: You can groom your Pokémon and your character can do different poses!

Oh man, this looks great, that's like half a dozen pokemon being ridden right there :allears: can't wait to get this gamexplained to me

while the pokemon hype is going, remember that the new movie hits japan this saturday, it's how we found out about the evil tree 'mon so we might get a new mon reveal there.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ooh, even cooler. The pose you make to activate the Burst mode depends on the type of the attack. We also get the 3D models of Red Panda and Pikaboo.

Also being able to ride Tauros, Sharpedo and Lapras is dope.

And there's a Burst for Normal, as we see with Lillipup.

Also also: Red Panda is an evolved Pokemon.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I hope all Pokemon are ridable and it's scaled accordingly, because I want to ride into town on a towering snake made of twisted metal. Or alternatively skateboard in balancing on one foot on a Diglett.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crosspeice posted:

Neat, the bracelets definitely allow you to let your Pokemon do certain "Burst" moves in battle, so far we've got one for each of the basic element types. I imagine Rockruff will also be able to use them as well.

Goofy poses aside, I like the idea of Burst moves for types. It's a nice way to get every pokemon doing something without having to completely design new forms for absolutely everyone.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i hope theres some kind of sensor thing that makes it so you have to do the poses in real life

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

whoa no hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I hope I can put the dumb rooster hat on the boy

• Locked thread