Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Doesn't imgur still have CP on it if you click "random?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Shani'kwa

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Once again, this is a Lewis Hine picture, this one taken at the Maggioni canning factory in South Carolina in February 1911. No mention of being Irish in any of the slides, or any ethnicity. The girls' names are Josie, Bertha and Sophie. Most children working here were the offspring of immigrants or immigrants themselves. These children were no more slaves than any other industrial worker of the time, of any nationality.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Ytlaya posted:

How is it even possible to not recognize that comic as satire?

Oh okay. I gues A Good Cartoon has made me jaded to racist political cartoons.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

BJPaskoff posted:

If they crack down on racism and sexism on imgur, the mods and owners will be called fascists and there will be a competing anything-goes image board up within a week. The NSFW rules on imgur almost caused a mutiny like that. That's why imgur wants to keep its lovely "community".

But....but.....but....free speech....censorship.....political correctness gone mad......blargh

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
This is from a public page, I don't know this guy.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Idiot Kicker posted:

Doesn't imgur still have CP on it if you click "random?"

Uh I'm not sure, that would need someone would have to upload and post it to the gallery.

However if you use a site that actually randomises imgur URLs you can access images that are not published on the gallery and thus are not really submitted to any moderation unless someone reports it.

So I guess ?

Most of the generators seem to have died but this one apparently still works ? http://picaso.info/(Potentially :nws::nms: ofc)

E: The nsfw thing was only for posts published on the gallery, they have introduced a nsfw tag and were deleting non tagged poo poo. People lost their loving mind.

E2: Man, finally found the monopoly man !

For some reason, this image is the most uploaded image to imgur. It represents like 1% of all imgur pics.

Apparently it was used to test imgur or something.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Jul 13, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, maybe we didn't announce that the awful imgur thread was being absorbed into this one when it closed.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

timp posted:

This is from a public page, I don't know this guy.

I think the only common thing between those two cases is the word "sex". I'm guessing the OP doesn't understand the dual use of the word.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RareAcumen posted:

Huh, maybe we didn't announce that the awful imgur thread was being absorbed into this one when it closed.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

However this being the case (and not because you said this, don't worry, it just happens to be true) I'm going to close this thread again. We don't need another mock thread full of bigots and this thread's potential content can be shuffled into the existing AUG/IoSM/stdh megathreads pretty easily.

Sorry friends :patriot:

rip AUG thread, IoSM v stdh, who will be the last megathread standing

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Whoever wins, we lose.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah you said it pretty clearly. I just always figured imgur had its own particular flavour of poo poo which didn't necessarily fit this Facebook heavy thread.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I'm a member of a (goon founded) Facebook community called "Bad Political Opinions" where we mostly post stuff our Republican Uncles share on Facebook to get a good laugh.

But today, with the Bernie Sanders endorsement of Hillary, there was lots of left wing bad political opinions to make fun of, too. The community doesn't take itself too seriously, but at least one person got offended and posted this flounce:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Ah, whoops, I said that and forgot to say all the words. What I meant was: Huh, maybe we didn't announce that the awful imgur thread was being absorbed into this one well enough here when it closed.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, whoops, I said that and forgot to say all the words. What I meant was: Huh, maybe we didn't announce that the awful imgur thread was being absorbed into this one well enough here when it closed.

Haha sorry, I wasn't trying to pick on you :) I just figured I might as well re-post that due to the general confusion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Haha sorry, I wasn't trying to pick on you :) I just figured I might as well re-post that due to the general confusion.

No, it's fine, this has been my thing for a while. I say a thing in some thread and then come back twenty-five minutes later to realize somehow I left like thirty important words out of my post that would've made it make sense.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

What happened to the AUG thread?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It was awful, ugly, and gross.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
EDIT: I had better use different colors for redaction to indicate who's speaking here.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

TontoCorazon posted:

What happened to the AUG thread?

Making fun of people for how they look isn't cool.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Electric Lady posted:

Making fun of people for how they look isn't cool.

That may be true but the other parts of the thread were pretty funny, the macabre and awful stuff was pretty great.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

TontoCorazon posted:

That may be true but the other parts of the thread were pretty funny, the macabre and awful stuff was pretty great.

You're welcome to reboot it under a new title if you market it as gross/weird content as opposed to awkward/ugly. Awkward/ugly posts tend to be much too subjective and honestly, at times, mean-spirited.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have a whole lot of friends who really don't care about Pokemon. They won't stop talking about and posting memes about how much they don't care. They're so much more mature and busy than anyone who's playing it! How many memes do they have to post before players realize they've flooded their walls with too many posts about Pokemon already? They don't care so much they can't stop posting about it!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

I have a whole lot of friends who really don't care about Pokemon. They won't stop talking about and posting memes about how much they don't care. They're so much more mature and busy than anyone who's playing it! How many memes do they have to post before players realize they've flooded their walls with too many posts about Pokemon already? They don't care so much they can't stop posting about it!

All my friends have been into it, and I'm enjoying the discussions and content in general. I don't think I'm gonna hop on this train anytime soon, but I'm enjoying its popularity regardless.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You're welcome to reboot it under a new title if you market it as gross/weird content as opposed to awkward/ugly. Awkward/ugly posts tend to be much too subjective and honestly, at times, mean-spirited.

When the AUG thread was actually on-point it could be great but then inevitably someone would post a perfectly normal picture and then it would dissolve into like three pages of people arguing back and forth about it. If it ever comes back it'd have to have some kind of rule about like, actually weird things not just mildly weird I guess.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nuebot posted:

When the AUG thread was actually on-point it could be great but then inevitably someone would post a perfectly normal picture and then it would dissolve into like three pages of people arguing back and forth about it.

Yeah closing the thread wasn't a split-second decision, it had been a problem child for a really long time.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Madoka! Nooooooooooo!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

All my friends have been into it, and I'm enjoying the discussions and content in general. I don't think I'm gonna hop on this train anytime soon, but I'm enjoying its popularity regardless.

I don't really understand how one can dislike at least the screenshots. Everything I've seen has been either super cute or super funny. (Granted. I'm a little biased, since I'd be playing it if it didn't require data/a phone with actual battery life.)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Prurient Squid posted:

Madoka! Nooooooooooo!

She just wants you to understand the prejudice she and other girls with malformed skulls have to put up with.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Man Leaves 1,750 Word Comment Explaining That He Doesn’t Care

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The a Capella group that sang the Canadian national anthem at the MLB All Star game changed the lyrics to include "All Lives Matter." This on the surface has nothing to do with social media, but one of them is a flat earther too.

https://twitter.com/adrianklee/status/753054139517661184

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I feel closing an awkward/ugly thread and making a gross/weird thread is going to be 95% the same thing under a new name

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Which is of course to say it should be done asap

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

e: ^ lmao ^

oldpainless posted:

I feel closing an awkward/ugly thread and making a gross/weird thread is going to be 95% the same thing under a new name

You're probably right :(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You're probably right :(

I usually am:grin:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A couple of days ago she was an "ambivert".

Article.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Henchman of Santa posted:

The a Capella group that sang the Canadian national anthem at the MLB All Star game changed the lyrics to include "All Lives Matter." This on the surface has nothing to do with social media, but one of them is a flat earther too.

https://twitter.com/adrianklee/status/753054139517661184

The one on the right reads like someone carefully rehearsed a series of delusional phrases that they had memorized like a magic spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

oldpainless posted:

I usually am:grin:

Oldpainless? More like oldfaultless!