Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

two_step posted:

IGD is doing another T7, fyi.

I'd be a little worried about stripping all the good people out of the other guilds, but we don't really want to have less than 50 dudes in a guild, and it makes no sense to put a new guy into IGD where they can't even run the raid at all.

Given how easily we're plowing through T7, the other option would be somehow making sure we have enough people to handle P1 across two of the guilds and then resorting the guilds so we have two reasonable (if a little slower) T7 groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Given how easily we're plowing through T7, the other option would be somehow making sure we have enough people to handle P1 across two of the guilds and then resorting the guilds so we have two reasonable (if a little slower) T7 groups.

We only have 3 p1 guys in IGD, and we need 2 of them to do p1 usually. We also aren't over killing it by that much, we could probably stand to lose 3 or 4 guys max and still be able to clear it. I suppose this might be an option in another month or so, though by then I'm sure CG/EA will have run the game into the ground

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Ehh, I should be patient and hold on. In GGA we were alternating between T4 and T5 but now we seem to be only doing T5. I guess in a few weeks we might be having a stab at T6.

The reason I sometimes get antsy about moving up tiers is I used to get rank 1 or 2 in arena on my shard but now 6 or 7 is the best I can do due to all the raid gear others have. And don't even ask how long I have to spend on GW each day...

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Halverine posted:

Ehh, I should be patient and hold on. In GGA we were alternating between T4 and T5 but now we seem to be only doing T5. I guess in a few weeks we might be having a stab at T6.

The reason I sometimes get antsy about moving up tiers is I used to get rank 1 or 2 in arena on my shard but now 6 or 7 is the best I can do due to all the raid gear others have. And don't even ask how long I have to spend on GW each day...

I'm down with trying a T6 to at least see if we can complete it in a reasonable amount of time. I'll ask in guild chat if anyone who is active in raiding (seems like we alway sit at 30-35) does not have at least one 6*.

For those guys in IGD who have alt accounts with high level chars (I'm gonna guess that's Malgrin and yig), would you guys be willing to maybe dump your alts in GGA? If we can get a few more heavy hitters, we should be able to get through T6 raids.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Inkel posted:

I'm down with trying a T6 to at least see if we can complete it in a reasonable amount of time. I'll ask in guild chat if anyone who is active in raiding (seems like we alway sit at 30-35) does not have at least one 6*.

For those guys in IGD who have alt accounts with high level chars (I'm gonna guess that's Malgrin and yig), would you guys be willing to maybe dump your alts in GGA? If we can get a few more heavy hitters, we should be able to get through T6 raids.

LOL I wish I had a alt account. It's just me and my fiancee.

Speaking of raid things, since I am 90% done with building my scoundrel team what are the "primo" ftp door peeps? I know Teabo who is about half way to 7 stars, but who else are the superstars of p1. By the end of this week I should be 7 star on both Geo and 86 as well. Oh yeah and Lando the human extinction event got his 7th star today had him in a challenge with both 88 and Boba leads, it was magical.

Oh yes and to further the church of the Jawa engineer, his(probably all) thermal detonators do not provoke counter attacks. So those big gently caress you nodes with a level 80 g10+ fives, yeah he dies while I kill everything else. Works the same with dooku they just don't count as a attack I guess. So you never have to deal with those two nuisances head on as long as you have a 5+ star je with ok gear.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 12, 2016

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Inkel posted:

Also up for trying T6s in GGA. My RG is like 5 shards from 6* to give me 8 6*s so should be all set to try it. I need those sweet sweet furnaces.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

Aww yig, I am very disappointed in your lack of poopsocking. For shame.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Inkel posted:

I'd be happy to drop down to GGA, but I'm still level 48 with a 5* GS.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I'd be happy to drop down to GGA, but I'm still level 48 with a 5* GS.

Ah okay, fair enough. Unless there's some higher level goons sitting around who haven't joined a guild already for some reason, then maybe we can look to picking up a couple high level pubbies if anyone has any homeless ones on their ally list. We've got a couple goons in GGA who haven't been online in 14+ days, so we can certainly make room. I'd really like to get us doing T6 within a couple weeks, so our high level guys don't get burnt out getting crap rewards that aren't useful to them.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Inkel posted:

Ah okay, fair enough. Unless there's some higher level goons sitting around who haven't joined a guild already for some reason, then maybe we can look to picking up a couple high level pubbies if anyone has any homeless ones on their ally list. We've got a couple goons in GGA who haven't been online in 14+ days, so we can certainly make room. I'd really like to get us doing T6 within a couple weeks, so our high level guys don't get burnt out getting crap rewards that aren't useful to them.

I'd be willing to drop down and do some lower level raids, because honestly I need the gear bits to get some of my guys up to GL7+. I'm in QGJ right now and in the T6 raids I only have 2 characters that can participate. I can field a full team in T5 and probably multiple teams in T4 easily.

This is my roster at the moment: https://swgoh.gg/u/modesix/collection/

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Inkel posted:

Aww yig, I am very disappointed in your lack of poopsocking. For shame.

Hey now, I am poopsocking battlefield 1 alpha, overwatch, marvel heroes and this. That's a lot of poop. Oh yeah you coming back for bf1 this fall?

How many openings do each guild have? If it's a fairly large number with 2+ weeks without play I can imagine some consolidation might actually be in order.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 12, 2016

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

Hey now, I am poopsocking battlefield 1 alpha, overwatch, marvel heroes and this. That's a lot of poop. Oh yeah you coming back for bf1 this fall?

Hell yeah I am, everything I've seen of it so far has looked great. You got in to the closed alpha? You lucky bastard. I just realized that there's a BF1(BF5 :downs: ) thread, so I'll have to catch up on that.

ModeSix posted:

I'd be willing to drop down and do some lower level raids, because honestly I need the gear bits to get some of my guys up to GL7+. I'm in QGJ right now and in the T6 raids I only have 2 characters that can participate. I can field a full team in T5 and probably multiple teams in T4 easily.

This is my roster at the moment: https://swgoh.gg/u/modesix/collection/

Yeah right now we've been running T5's consistently. I kinda feel bad just switching over to T6 out of the blue, so I'd like to give our guys a heads up that they should at least work on getting one character to T6 over the next week or two so they can get the pitty rewards. (On a side note: it's incredibly stupid that you have to lock out lower level guys in your guild from participating at all in higher level raids - like, at least give them the lowest tier reward on raid completion.). Of course, another Officer or our illustrious leader wookieleaks, could just jump us to T6 right away so who knows. You're more than welcome to jump over though, if you'd like a chance to run a few more T5's.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Inkel posted:

Hell yeah I am, everything I've seen of it so far has looked great. You got in to the closed alpha? You lucky bastard. I just realized that there's a BF1(BF5 :downs: ) thread, so I'll have to catch up on that.

Yeah right now we've been running T5's consistently. I kinda feel bad just switching over to T6 out of the blue, so I'd like to give our guys a heads up that they should at least work on getting one character to T6 over the next week or two so they can get the pitty rewards. (On a side note: it's incredibly stupid that you have to lock out lower level guys in your guild from participating at all in higher level raids - like, at least give them the lowest tier reward on raid completion.). Of course, another Officer or our illustrious leader wookieleaks, could just jump us to T6 right away so who knows. You're more than welcome to jump over though, if you'd like a chance to run a few more T5's.

Actually, I think I might drop down to GGA anyways, I can actually participate in a T5 right now. Make a space for my alt?

e: I'm going to move at 4:30 pacific. I've already blown my light load for the day.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

How many openings do each guild have? If it's a fairly large number with 2+ weeks without play I can imagine some consolidation might actually be in order.

GGA currently has two people who haven't logged in for 14+ days. Two people who are 5 and 7 days days out respectively. The rest have been active, although like I said before, our raid participation is usually 30-35 out of 50. We got one of our high level guys who says he's kind of taking a break and we can kick him if needed, but he's still logging in everyday and did participate in our most recent raid, so I dunno if we should boot him.

Edit: I booted the 17-day guy and the 7-day guy. But the 14-day is an Officer, so only wookieleaks can boot him.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 12, 2016

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Inkel posted:

Alright, dropping from QGJ, buddy code (or whatever it's called) is: 941-938-831

Shoot me an invite.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

xyigx posted:

Speaking of raid things, since I am 90% done with building my scoundrel team what are the "primo" ftp door peeps? I know Teabo who is about half way to 7 stars, but who else are the superstars of p1. By the end of this week I should be 7 star on both Geo and 86 as well. Oh yeah and Lando the human extinction event got his 7th star today had him in a challenge with both 88 and Boba leads, it was magical.

Oh yes and to further the church of the Jawa engineer, his(probably all) thermal detonators do not provoke counter attacks. So those big gently caress you nodes with a level 80 g10+ fives, yeah he dies while I kill everything else. Works the same with dooku they just don't count as a attack I guess. So you never have to deal with those two nuisances head on as long as you have a 5+ star je with ok gear.

For T7 P1, I use: Teebo lead, QGJ, Ewok Elder, Phasma, Chirpa. That is enough to do 60% or so to p1. When we were doing t6s, I was using Rey instead of Chirpa, and RG instead of Phasma, but Phasma is much much better.

So basically, for T6 or below, you need Teebo, Ewok Elder, QGJ, Phasma and someone else (anyone with TM reduction is nice, but not required). Elder is a tough farm, though you can get shards for guild points, which I did to finish mine off. Everyone else is very easy.

Edit: Oh, also, gear is pretty important, especially for Teebo and QGJ. Getting them scanners is top priority, because if they miss with TM down you die. Also, QGJ needs his basic omega'd.

two_step fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 12, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

two_step posted:

For T7 P1, I use: Teebo lead, QGJ, Ewok Elder, Phasma, Chirpa. That is enough to do 60% or so to p1. When we were doing t6s, I was using Rey instead of Chirpa, and RG instead of Phasma, but Phasma is much much better.

So basically, for T6 or below, you need Teebo, Ewok Elder, QGJ, Phasma and someone else (anyone with TM reduction is nice, but not required). Elder is a tough farm, though you can get shards for guild points, which I did to finish mine off. Everyone else is very easy.

Edit: Oh, also, gear is pretty important, especially for Teebo and QGJ. Getting them scanners is top priority, because if they miss with TM down you die. Also, QGJ needs his basic omega'd.

Well not to far from a door team then, I can Teabo in a few days, phasma is there, qgj omegaed, Rey stand in while I get chirpa 2 more stars and elder will be the rough one but still workable in a fairly short window. Plus I have some other tm down guys I might give a swing here and there.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heh, I was excited I almost got someone to 5* to do the T5 in GGA. That's what I get for not playing for months. Still worth it to use Inkel's Rey.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
level 74 + 3/4 what is my ETA to 80 if i generally spend ~100 on normal refreshes + 100 cantina refresh a day + full dailies + full GW each day? another month?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Inkel posted:

How long does it take you guys to do T5? T6 is very big jump up, if you need more than 1 refresh on T5 you probably won't do well on T6. Make sure you have a few people who have specific p1 teams or you're gonna have a rough time.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Herux posted:

level 74 + 3/4 what is my ETA to 80 if i generally spend ~100 on normal refreshes + 100 cantina refresh a day + full dailies + full GW each day? another month?

There's a calculator out there somewhere but this is the takeaway (assumes you do dailies, gw gives no xp):

quote:

Some common refill amounts and days to go from LVL 70 to 80 (must do dailies & bonus each day):

0 daily refills (not recommended, all F2P should be able to get 2+ refills): 73.8 days
3 daily refills (two 50's and one 100): 58.7 days
4 daily refills (two 50's and any other 2): 54.9 days
6 daily refills (two 50's and four 100's): 48.7 days
10 daily refills (All 50/100/200 normal & 100/200 cantina): 39.7 days
14 daily refills (All 50/100/200/400 normal & 100/200/400 cantina): 33.5 days

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
In before mods are nerfed.

The mods themselves don't seem too powerful (although I've only seen the Tier 1 mods so far), but the set bonuses seem like they're gonna allow you to make just ridiculously powerful characters.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Mods are retarded. I made a super rey:

This Rey can one shot a full health full protection RG. I was basically able to auto my way to arena #1 today. I did run into one other super Rey, but I one shot her as well.

They have to tone down the mods big time, like cut their effects by at least 75%. I can't believe they released this, do they not test at all?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Rank 5 mods are very powerfull. My Rey gained 24k protection and nearly doubled her damage output with only 4 mods. I will be sad when this gets nerfed.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

two_step posted:

Mods are retarded. I made a super rey:

hahah yep, Rey is my only maxxed out character and I'm currently making her stupid powerful. What level mods do you have in those screenshots?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Inkel posted:

hahah yep, Rey is my only maxxed out character and I'm currently making her stupid powerful. What level mods do you have in those screenshots?

Those are all quality 5, level 15 mods. Mal was asking in chat how to mod, here is what you need to do:

Auto your way through the first 3 tables of the mod battles. I did this with my ewok + Lumi team and got 3 stars on everything.

Once you beat Table 3, mod challenges open up. Right now, the first one is good enough. Go there, beat all 3 tiers (again, was pretty easy, though I think I had to assume manual control of Tier 3 with the ewoks).

Then you can sim the tier 3 challenge a few times. I used basically one full cantina refresh to get one of each shape mod. I didn't bother trying to get better ones or whatever, just grabbed the first set of all shapes I could get. I then spent a million or so credits leveling those mods up to 15. Add them to Rey and you are done.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

is this game over for the best star wars game of 2015

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The update is mind boggling. I've never seen such an extreme balance shift in a game before. Pokemon go just released an update where you can't even log in and I think this is a bigger blunder.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

The update is mind boggling. I've never seen such an extreme balance shift in a game before. Pokemon go just released an update where you can't even log in and I think this is a bigger blunder.

Yeah I'm not sure this game is right for me anymore.

Has anyone tested to see if the GW is any better? If not I can't see playing much longer.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

GW versus people with better mods is going to be good times I can already tell

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What I'm most mad about is bringing Aayla out of chromium and putting her in the "seriously why aren't you grinding mods" mode

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

kaschei posted:

Oh god yeah, I'm looking forward to the gently caress off teams not only being full of gear 11's, but also lvl 15 mods.

Mods need at least an 80% nerf from what they are now. It's insane that they put them in the game the way they are now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kaschei posted:

Yeah pretty much this. I'm already fighting huge P2W whale teams on the last 3 nodes I can only imagine how bad its going to be now.

Why did this game have to be starwars....

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
People should consider that you only pvp with a total of 30 mods, and while getting more than 30 is good so you can get better stat choice is good, just getting any 30 mods will be noticeable. This means in a week or so f2p will catch up to whales, and people will be able to more evenly divide energy between mods and cantina.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just updated the OP with a reflection of the current state of this game.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

Those are all quality 5, level 15 mods. Mal was asking in chat how to mod, here is what you need to do:

Auto your way through the first 3 tables of the mod battles. I did this with my ewok + Lumi team and got 3 stars on everything.

Once you beat Table 3, mod challenges open up. Right now, the first one is good enough. Go there, beat all 3 tiers (again, was pretty easy, though I think I had to assume manual control of Tier 3 with the ewoks).

Then you can sim the tier 3 challenge a few times. I used basically one full cantina refresh to get one of each shape mod. I didn't bother trying to get better ones or whatever, just grabbed the first set of all shapes I could get. I then spent a million or so credits leveling those mods up to 15. Add them to Rey and you are done.

This should also be in the OP - I just did this to my lovely rey and lovely QGJ and autoed my way through arena, 5/5 on wins.

I've never seen a developer irreversibly destroy a revenue generating game so quickly. This is kind of amazing.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I was about to declare this a Good Update based on the multi-sim change alone, and then I caught up to the thread...

edit: AND you can sim challenges now too? Why'd they have to gently caress up the mods so badly?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I just updated the OP with a reflection of the current state of this game.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes -

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I cannot believe this update. The last node contained a super Rey. I checked her gear and she had all level 15 A mods. This is the second GW in a row I've failed to complete. They somehow made GW even worse than the state it was in yesterday.

gently caress this game. I am about this close to just playing Pokémon. What a disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
This will obviously get patched but again the devs show complete incompetence.