Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

rkajdi posted:

And most of the questions are standard "When did you stop hitting your wife" internet gamer fare. Given the fanbase out there, I'm never sure why people bother to do AMAs for nerd stuff.

I wish I could be surprised, jumping onto the AMA and seeing my local WMH FB admin immediately shitposting and trying to prop up guild ball. It's pretty fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

He did say this, which is directly related to the earlier discussion about Convergence.

quote:

systemmastery • 59m
Is Convergence basically over with? I would have figured even with a slow release schedule we'd have seen another caster or something by now, or at least heard tell that it either would or wouldn't be happening.

Mr_Soles • 8m
We have some signifigant plans for the Convergence.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

What if it was just a bust or some chibi pins.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

well it's significant so it's probably both those things

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

waah posted:

He did say this, which is directly related to the earlier discussion about Convergence.

Systemmastery is me so that's gratifying.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

S.J. posted:

I wish I could be surprised, jumping onto the AMA and seeing my local WMH FB admin immediately shitposting and trying to prop up guild ball. It's pretty fantastic.

Yeah, I saw that guy. I legit don't get why you'd waste the time to post that stuff. Is getting a burn in about somebody not being the best possible game designer really that valuable?

And of course the shitstains on reddit voted it up like the chuds they are.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

People have inherently chosen the worst web platform to shill on for forever. Remember all those politicians delivering heartfelt speeches to actively banging furries on SL?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Yeah, I don't really like Jason Soles as the sole game designer, but I don't feel the need to poo poo on him to his proverbial face when he's trying to engage with the community.

Man is a creepy fucker though, I will say that.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Captainicus posted:

My only question about themes as a merc/minion player is how they are going to do more for minions. Mercs have a bit of variety (even if you discount cephalyx since they already have one / they are kind of a mini-faction) since you have highborn covenant/laellese resistance, four star syndicate, privateers, dwarfs and perhaps another for steelheads? While minions just have....pigs or gators. I don't know if there are enough things in pigs or gators for multiple themes, given their smaller numbers of models, but of course I don't know how large they plan on making each theme.

At least when it comes to the backstory there is room for more Minion stuff. You have a lot of things that were introduced or expanded on in IKRPG that could easily fit into Minions. We don't really no much about the Gobbers that don't live with humans for instance although they've been mentioned a handful of times, or the Tharn that aren't aligned with Circle. You also have stuff like the cult of the Wyrm that's mentioned a lot in the backstory for various Circle stuff but hasn't really presented itself in the game in any meaningful matter. I could see them introducing a sort of sub-faction of evil druids who believe that Barnabus is the physical manifestation of the Wyrm or whatever.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Kithkar posted:

Man is a creepy fucker though, I will say that.
That art book kickstarter. :lol:

From what I've read of the AMA he continues to engage with criticism well and takes the community seriously, though. Which, given the promise of regular errata and open beta feel of the current rules is pretty important imo.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Here's some delicious tears:
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?256325-Hope-you-didn-t-sell-those-axers

Apparently the wording on the Fell Caller was changed so that "model/unit" is to be "warrior model/unit." Most of the players assumed it was intentionally changed so that you didn't need an axer as the only way to grant pathfinder, since PP said "no more autoincludes."

Sample:

quote:

It's not about being a victim. For plenty of people, it's not just a game. It's a community that they love being a part of. Feeling behind the curve and being vocal about it is usually best countered with specific answers or upsides, not with vitriol and aggression. If someone is disheartened, showing them silver linings will likely help a bit more than telling them to stop having an emotional attachment to a game/community they've spent a huge portion of their life being a part of. I'm currently super down on Trolls, but I'm going to be playing them because I'm not financially able to play Warmachine instead at the moment. My options are either that, or stop attending game night with people I've known since the days of 40k 4th edition. I just don't get the hostility toward people feeling down instead of... you know, being a community that brings people up instead of forcing them out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Here's some delicious tears:
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?256325-Hope-you-didn-t-sell-those-axers

Apparently the wording on the Fell Caller was changed so that "model/unit" is to be "warrior model/unit." Most of the players assumed it was intentionally changed so that you didn't need an axer as the only way to grant pathfinder, since PP said "no more autoincludes."

Sample:

It isn't an auto include for a number of casters anyway. What a joke. People are the worst.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Well, the Earthborn still has innate Pathfinder. Is that a silver lining? :v:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I could also see a Minions/Skorne crossover pretty easily. Less so for Everblight. Maybe an "allies for hire/convenience" theme for Circle/Trolls and a "slaves" theme for Skorne/Legion?

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

S.J. posted:

It isn't an auto include for a number of casters anyway. What a joke. People are the worst.

The "sample" is perfectly reasonable...

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Finished my plastic Axer. Just have to paint Ragnor to have the new box painted up.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Every single person that believed that the Piper and Fell Yeller's March was changed, while Runewood's and I think someone elses wasn't, and didn't think it was just a typo in this release full of typos was being willfully ignorant, and is one of the many reasons I hate those forums.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Kithkar posted:

Every single person that believed that the Piper and Fell Yeller's March was changed, while Runewood's and I think someone elses wasn't, and didn't think it was just a typo in this release full of typos was being willfully ignorant, and is one of the many reasons I hate those forums.

You don't even know the name of the 2nd model you are citing. Are YOU being willfully ignorant?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Have the LOS rules changed for colossals in mk3? It looks like there's nothing now about forests not blocking LOS but the rulebook is so badly laid out (and the PDF reader on my tablet is super slow.)

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

rantmo posted:

Have the LOS rules changed for colossals in mk3? It looks like there's nothing now about forests not blocking LOS but the rulebook is so badly laid out (and the PDF reader on my tablet is super slow.)

It's in the rules for forests. Huge base models ignore forests for LOS.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
And clouds have the same clause.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

albany academy posted:

It's in the rules for forests. Huge base models ignore forests for LOS.

Ugh, of course it was there in the one line I'd previously overlooked. Luckily we were playing it right. Thanks.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So we had a tournament tonight, battlebox only for Mk3. We had 2 Skorne players, A ret, Convergence, Legion, and trolls. I went 1-2 with one really close loss to Ret and a pretty good drubbing via Convergence player.

Game 1 vs Trolls I went first. We had a forest on each side and a giant effin area of fog in the middle of the table in the zone. I sent my Savage pretty far off on the right flank, and sent my Raider really far left while staying in control range. My Gladiator just kinda mosed up with Xekaar. His turn saw him be I think a little confused at what I was doing. So he spent his turn maneuvering. My turn I continued starburst formation and did not go into the zone, knowing I would give up a point. He made sure to stay behind the fog with every one but his impaler. He took a shot at Xekaar but it missed, he advanced and attacked the gladiator with the pulverizer Axer doing minimal damage and he feated. Knowing that I was not going to do any damage, I just waded my savage in to fight the impaler and bided my time. The middle of the field is just one big fog fireball, but troll player over extends trying to kill both the savage and gladiator going full fury on all beasts. That was my cue to pop my feat, throw the Axer at the impaler, and then watch everything fury as he clocked himself.

Game 2 vs Ret, I thought I did a good job with my placement on approach, but Redirection blast did me in. I tried starburst again, but my Gladiator got pushed into die. He feated early defensively. However things got very interesting with me only having Xekaar and my lights left. I charge Xekaar and hit on the maticore and drop mortality on him due to witch mark. I got enough damage to cripple a cortex. Xekaar then feats and comedy happens as it turns out hitting effective def 18 is really hard. He basically gets nothing done and I manage to kill off a maticore. However Xekaar needed to be front lines so he would later die.

Will talk about Convergence tomorrow

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Not Warmahordes related directly, but they're popular with wargaming so I figure I'd ask;

Where's a good place to buy those glass beads from? They're almost all out of stock on discount games / the war store / miniature market. Most of what's on Amazon is just 'addon items' which require a $25+ purchase...

I know this is from a few pages back but I didn't see anyone recommend Dollar Tree. If your'e in the states/have one nearby they often have these. You won't have too many options for colour and whatever but they usually have them for $1.

I've discovered that reading other faction's crying thread makes me feel better about the general state of Cryx and the game in general. Our forums are all "Banes r trash, mechthralls dont work, wahhhh" and just change up the names of last edition's old favorite toys and it works in any subforum.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 13, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Haley 2 is still a solid dick punch and no you won't make me feel bad for playing her.

Armoury - Steamroller Objective

Major Victoria Haley - WJ: +25
- Squire - PC: 5
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 25)
- Lightning Pod
- Thorn - PC: 13

Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 6
Trench Buster - PC: 6
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Trencher Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Trencher Infantry Officer & Sniper - Officer & Standard: 5
Trencher Cannon Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 6

Finn, Stormwall and the Cannon all being fantasy targets for Temporal Acceleration means that you can lay on the hurt while scooting across the map.

Thorn having up to 18 inch non-lateral threat is nothing to scoff at either.

Trench Buster didn't get to bust any holes this game but he did a solid job of body blocking.

Haley's feat is still a ball buster, even in the age of guns.

Good times all around to play the Best Faction .

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 13, 2016

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Played a 35 point Brawl yesterday, Menoth (High Reclaimer) against Convergence (Syntherion). Brawl is really neat. We had a lot of action at the end of turn 1. The smaller table space is also nice. We played at a friend's place where we never considered playing before, due to lack of table space.

He eventually won - I had High Reclaimer sitting on my zone. I had three points, it was my turn, my zone was clear of enemies. I had a squad of Bastions jamming the only thing that could reach the zone, a Inverter heavy Vector. I figure I'll score my fourth point at the end of my turn, and the fifth at the end of his, because he can't reach the zone - I figure the game is pretty much over at this point.

The Bastions swing at, and kill the Inverter. I forgot that he had cast Reconstruct on the Inverter last turn. The Inverter revives itself, and materializes within 3" of it's current location - At the other end of my Bastion wall, and right next to the High Reclaimer. Whoops. My turn then ends and HR gets smeared by a Macropummeler.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I will trade my left nut for a release date on the Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan. I don't even run weapon crews, I just want him so Behemoth can float shots down range at Eiyriss and re-roll the drat deviation.

Also on Monday my aiming bonus + Hand of Fate'd Behemoth missed a drat Maddox on a boosted to-hit. +2 Rat would fix that issue, too!

---

Also I will be posting the following CoC stuff in awful mart fairly soon, selling it for a very lazy friend who is a dad (the worst): send me a PM if you want to short the process and get first dibs! Everything is assembled and may be poorly painted unless otherwise noted.

Battlebox
Iron Mother + exponent servitors

Prime Axiom (Unassembled, with box)
Monitor
Mitigator
Corollory

Perforators (max)
+ UA
Optifex Directive

3 reflex servitors
ADO

PP price for the lot of it is $399 if i'm not mistaken. Anyways, PM me!

EDIT: i'd be looking for 260 CAD (approx 200 USD) and would be willing to negotiate a sharing of shipping costs.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 13, 2016

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Personally I'm struggling to feel like Mk3 is a real upgrade over Mk2. Feels more like a sidegrade or something.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

Personally I'm struggling to feel like Mk3 is a real upgrade over Mk2. Feels more like a sidegrade or something.

That's because that's exactly what it is.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

fnordcircle posted:

It's not a huge change, but I think the game is overall way better. Premeasure alone is so nice.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I'm not sure how anyone can look at the late mk2 meta and call mk3 a side grade.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

I'm not sure how anyone can look at the late mk2 meta and call mk3 a side grade.

The last year-ish of Mk2 was stagnant and bad, seriously.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Hey it wasn't all bad, at least you always knew what net decked lists, per faction, you'd be facing. Currently mk3 meta is Wild Wild West territory.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Hey it wasn't all bad, at least you always knew what net decked lists, per faction, you'd be facing. Currently mk3 meta is Wild Wild West territory.

I prefer the Wild West, fwiw. :v:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I scored a control point with Bombardiers the other day. And they did 8 damage to a blightbringer!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

I scored a control point with Bombardiers the other day. And they did 8 damage to a blightbringer!

Almost auto-include basically!

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Before the change, you'd see only three or four lists per faction. The most variety in list building I ever saw in Mk.2 was my flgs funeral for Mk.2 tournament.

Mk.3 has made the game a lot more interesting and varied. I can count on one hand the number of things I dislike in Mk.3, and I don't even use all my fingers.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

The flip from "oh, huh, you're playing that?" to "oh cool how's that working for you now?" overnight has been pretty nice, as a newer player that just plays with lists I come up with at work on a whim.

My first game of MKIII was Maddox + all my storm knight models against the new Cryx caster with double colossals. It was weird and fun.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Yeah we got about another 3 months before people get pigeonholed into the same lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I'm having a blast with Mk 3 because there's like a million things I want to try out, and I keep playing against different stuff.

I guess that might wear off as people settle into 'the best' stuff but I think with Power Up and some of the other rules adjustments the core of the game is just more fun overall now too.