Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cake Attack posted:

it's, you do slightly less damage and take slightly more damage hard

Thanks. Only played the first dungeon on release before I had to travel for work. When I get back I'll be rocking hard mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Done! I'll miss Tiki.

By the way, if anyone is having trouble with the final boss, this is how I did it pretty easily (at least on normal): Itsuke's "act twice" SP (forgot what it's called) plus Mamori's Microwave Heart lets the entire party have 7 actions per turn, including a full heal. So all I did was: Itsuke: the act twice SP, clap track; Yashiro: attack, attack; Mamori: attack or clap track, microwave heart, clap track; and rinse and repeat. Swap Yashiro or Mamori out once in a while for Tsubasa to cast charm on the casters in the first cycle.

sincx fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 11, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
same

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

LordAba posted:

Thanks. Only played the first dungeon on release before I had to travel for work. When I get back I'll be rocking hard mode.

You also get a 20% experience boost for playing on hard.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

MohShuvuu posted:

You also get a 20% experience boost for playing on hard.

Or easy!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Done, Final boss was a pushover but that's also because I was overleveled as gently caress from getting everyone's EX session skills upgraded a bit, since there's enough Master Seals to get everyone their weapons in both classes and I had a ton of catching up to do after class-changing in the middle of the last dungeon. For the final boss I used Tsubasa/Touma, Tsubasa threw out Prayers and Tarukaja, Touma Debilitate/the occasional spear move, and Itsuki rocked the gently caress out of it with Wyrmicide.

Yes Dark Knight Touma gets loving Debilitate, apparently they decided to give that and almost every single OP passive skill to one character, thankfully it was a great one.

Fun fact, slayer-type moves make corresponding sessions ignore Resistances like ad-lib/SP/duo/overkills do when used on their respective targets.

A Good Game. It's a shame there's people furiously filling their diapers over ~censorship~ and scaring others away from trying it, but I'm glad I played it and hope there's more someday.

EDIT: I also admire that they did something totally new with elements of both series rather than just Generic Crossover.

EDIT2: The load times weren't a problem for me at all, but then again I eshopped it. It only got kinda iffy in Chapter 5/6 Shibuya, and that's because there's like a zillion things to load there(and it still did it pretty fast)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 12, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ending question What happens if you say "Don't Go" to Tiki? I chose the "seeya" option because I figured they were probably needed back in their world more then Itsuki's. I figure it's just a "sorry... but we gotta" but y'never know.

I will say while I didn't really care for any of the Mirages (it seems like Tharja was the only one who ever got to say anything outside Tiki) having the Bloom Palace completely empty still made me feel like something important was missing... though how the hell is Itsuki still in it when they leave? Shouldn't it of crumbled/stopped existing because Tiki peaced out?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yinlock posted:

EDIT2: The load times weren't a problem for me at all, but then again I eshopped it. It only got kinda iffy in Chapter 5/6 Shibuya, and that's because there's like a zillion things to load there(and it still did it pretty fast)
The load times don't feel any slower on disc version than the average JRPG I've played, so I really don't understand where the gripes came from in the first place. Now play Fallout 4 on consoles, there are some lovely load times.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ending question What happens if you say "Don't Go" to Tiki? I chose the "seeya" option because I figured they were probably needed back in their world more then Itsuki's. I figure it's just a "sorry... but we gotta" but y'never know.

I will say while I didn't really care for any of the Mirages (it seems like Tharja was the only one who ever got to say anything outside Tiki) having the Bloom Palace completely empty still made me feel like something important was missing... though how the hell is Itsuki still in it when they leave? Shouldn't it of crumbled/stopped existing because Tiki peaced out?

Itsuki asks them to stay, and then it's a "sorry but we gotta" "okay :(" and they thank him for his genuine grief at their departure and things proceed as normal

no idea why the Palace is still there, though the obvious answer is In Case Of Sequel Break Glass. I wonder how Itsuki explains that room to his future clients though. "And over there is the mysterious room where a tiny girl turned people into deadly weapons, over here is the trophy case"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I just lost a few hours of progress to a combination of a badly timed crit in a savage encounter and my own forgetting to save.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jesus, now that I'm free to Look At Things it's really impossible to find any kind of discussion on this game outside these forums that isn't people whining about censorship.

Like I seriously underestimated just how insane people are being about it. That combined with it's bombing in Japan pretty much nixes any chance of another :( a shame given how much effort clearly went into it. Oh well, I'll treasure the one we have.

EDIT: Savage Encounters ruin everything and are why I started saving way more often. That and the unexpected "oops this quest enemy is 10 levels higher than you lol"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

boycottMW3.jpg

The amount of people insane enough about that to not actually buy the game is probably pretty small, despite internet posturing.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Yinlock posted:

EDIT: Savage Encounters ruin everything and are why I started saving way more often. That and the unexpected "oops this quest enemy is 10 levels higher than you lol"

Smoke machines are your friends.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

sincx posted:

Smoke machines are your friends.

Seconding this. They really do save you from what could have wiped hours of playtime from you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If critics and internet bitching matteres, we wouldn't be on our 5th transformers movie

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this game is stylish though

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Finally polished it off and I'll echo others in that the leadup to the end was insane and awesome. Question about some costumes though: Do you unlock Itsuki's Marth and/or business suit costumes at any point? Seems like a shame if not.

I don't expect we'll get a sequel given how it sold in Japan, regardless of how it did here, but I hope the mechanics live on in another SMT game. This is probably the most fun I've had with a JRPG since Trails of Cold Steel.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You'll get those in NG+ Season 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Japanese sales aren't the be-all and end-all anymore, especially with games like this that will take their niche markets wherever they find them.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ChaosArgate posted:

You'll get those in NG+ Season 2.

Excellent, thanks. I guess there isn't a post-game, but more content in NG+? I'll probably give myself a little break before I pick it back up. I really enjoyed grinding in this game so I spent a little bit of time before the final boss mastering everyone's weapons (and some folks +1's!). Final boss wasn't that difficult as a consequence. If I started a Lunatic game, nothing would carry over, right?

Sakurazuka posted:

Japanese sales aren't the be-all and end-all anymore, especially with games like this that will take their niche markets wherever they find them.

I hope you're right. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Levantine posted:

Excellent, thanks. I guess there isn't a post-game, but more content in NG+? I'll probably give myself a little break before I pick it back up. I really enjoyed grinding in this game so I spent a little bit of time before the final boss mastering everyone's weapons (and some folks +1's!). Final boss wasn't that difficult as a consequence. If I started a Lunatic game, nothing would carry over, right?

Costumes and shop lists carry over to Lunatic, but not levels/money/items.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Sakurazuka posted:

That being said did the NA/Europe sales numbers get released for this yet?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no and they won't be

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Levantine posted:

Yeah the post-game content is in NG+ for whatever reason, the Lunatic versions of the NG+ stuff is basically good old Nocturne/DDS levels of Go gently caress Yourself.

And yeah sorry for all the doom-and-gloom talk, I let myself be swayed by the small horde of obnoxious gaters instead of just liking a good game. My bad :)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Cake Attack posted:

no and they won't be

They will be at Nintendo's next quarterly financial meeting.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dunban posted:

They will be at Nintendo's next quarterly financial meeting.

oh yeah this is a nintendo game, i was thinking of it as like an atlus rpg and the western figures for those never get published

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Barry Goodman for best videogame character of 2016

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Here's some more Barry goodness if you so desire. (spoilered in case you want to find it yourselves)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Wait is there actual NG+ stuff? Like, bonus bosses you can only fight in NG+?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Wait is there actual NG+ stuff? Like, bonus bosses you can only fight in NG+?

There's 2 Requests that are NG+ only and lead to superbosses, and an entirely new Arena tier with new weapons with OP skills(like the Supreme-damage spells, EX versions of some unique abilities, etc). Also a couple new costumes for Itsuki and Tiki.

Also another reminder that these are SMT-level superbosses, so if you're crazy enough to fight them on Lunatic I hope you have like 120+ in all stats.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
For a base game I'm not all that invested in, the Marth games fanservice is really fun. I love Bord and Cord.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm a little disappointed Bord and Cord weren't the bandit twins, but that was a fun encounter.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's really weird that a side quest that unlocked the instant I hit chapter 4 has a recommended level of 47, and means it. If anything I'm probably a bit overleveled right now, because Mamori joined a few levels below my group.

Can I expect to get a reasonable number of 3-star presences in chapter 4 naturally, or will I have to farm the chapter 3 dungeon if I want to finish the chapter 3 unities?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

cheetah7071 posted:

It's really weird that a side quest that unlocked the instant I hit chapter 4 has a recommended level of 47, and means it. If anything I'm probably a bit overleveled right now, because Mamori joined a few levels below my group.

Can I expect to get a reasonable number of 3-star presences in chapter 4 naturally, or will I have to farm the chapter 3 dungeon if I want to finish the chapter 3 unities?

I find that in any given chapter, like 20-30% of the Prestige drops will be of the grade dropped in the previous chapter. Plus, if you do the arena quest, you can just demon negotiate for them once you recruit the monster from that particular dungeon.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Had another freeze. Tsubasa's artist profile which was my last (and another goon's). This one was roughly 30 minutes of gameplay, saved before trying. Save often~!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm gonna do it! Believe in me Barry!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sam Faust posted:

I'm gonna do it! Believe in me Barry!

Oooh yeah!

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
Sorry if this has been stated before, but does anyone have a list of the class-exclusive weapons? I planned to change to the classes I do not want for the endgame content first, and then switch over after I've created the exclusive weapons . . . except I don't know what those weapons are! :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Grimalkin posted:

Sorry if this has been stated before, but does anyone have a list of the class-exclusive weapons? I planned to change to the classes I do not want for the endgame content first, and then switch over after I've created the exclusive weapons . . . except I don't know what those weapons are! :saddowns:

You don't lose access to the class-exclusive weapons, even if you haven't made them yet, if you change classes.

• Locked thread