Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

It would be good if you could actually destroy the lights rather than just making them flicker, when you shoot them - like what you can do in Splinter Cell. I think it could be quite interesting, particularly on night-time maps.

Thatcher's emp grenades already shut off the lights (before turning them back on 5 seconds later) from what I recall so there's functionality for that. It would really be useful in some maps where the lighting is really intense, like on Hereford's upstairs room with the floodlamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Or they activate the building's emergency sprinkler systems and reduce visibility for like 15 seconds. And defense moves slower because they are wet.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

WIth Thatcher, the AR33 and the SA80 look pretty similar from a stats POV, is there something that the game stats aren't showing with these two? what's the difference?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That's a great patch note.

Hard, I don't suppose you could suggest that exterior location names be amended to include the floor after the name? It's hard to keep track of what floor you're on outside on Yacht, for example, especially since Siege uses bad American floor notations instead of correct English floor notations. :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

WIth Thatcher, the AR33 and the SA80 look pretty similar from a stats POV, is there something that the game stats aren't showing with these two? what's the difference?

AR33 does lower damage per shot but has less recoil, also has a mag capacity of 25 rather than the normal 30.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Woah, Pulse was a beast and seemed to be a top pick for diamond players already. Crazy that they're buffing him... although I like it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

bobua posted:

Woah, Pulse was a beast and seemed to be a top pick for diamond players already. Crazy that they're buffing him... although I like it.

:woop: I just started getting back into using Pulse (love using him on Plane - just sit up top and drop down or shoot through the floor whenever an enemy goes underneath you), so this buff is gonna make things all the more interesting!

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Can we get an a seizure warning for pulse in operator selection?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
That's a good improvement for Pulse. I would really really like to see destructible light fixtures and NVGs added. Also, a laser toggle would be nice.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

AR33 does lower damage per shot but has less recoil, also has a mag capacity of 25 rather than the normal 30.

AR-33's damage falloff is rather obscene. It's something really short, like 13 meters.

Also would love some button or something to press on Border to kill the loving loudspeakers rather than shooting every single speaker in sight. Daytime is hell.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's with the pro league gold selection? where is my rook or montagne love?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what's with the pro league gold selection? where is my rook or montagne love?

Montagne is screwed by league rules only allowing one shield for attackers. Meaning everybody chooses Blackbeard as that shield.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Why is that? Is a team of all shielders that overpowered?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

SD87 posted:

Why is that? Is a team of all shielders that overpowered?

Yeah, that seems odd - since it's not as though a team of shields can effectively take out C4 being thrown at them, without exposing themselves (not to mention they'd be pretty easy to flank, considering)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do you guys play IQ effectively, she seems kind of bad? I like the idea of the gadget but apart from spamming the mark area of interest, people can't see the electronics, right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

How do you guys play IQ effectively, she seems kind of bad? I like the idea of the gadget but apart from spamming the mark area of interest, people can't see the electronics, right?

You need to learn to identify the shape of stuff you see through walls, and use voicecomms to communicate with your teammates. She's much better in a coordinated group than with pubs, but even in pubs she has good guns and good speed for flanking.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
She has good guns and her ability was ultra dogshit but between various buffs and nerfs to other characters, and the addition of valk's cameras IQ has become an interesting and generally pretty ok pick.

Effective use of IQ involves finding Black Eyes(especially those that have been placed outside) and spotting good places for thatcher to drop his emp, the rest of playing her effectively is standard "shoot better than the enemy team".

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
With all the buffs and redesigns over the last few patches, I think the only operators whose special abilities straight up bad nowadays are Twitch and Tachanka. Thatcher is much better at destroying electronics than Twitch could ever be (especially since she only gets one taser drone, and it can't jump and is way too easy to destroy), and Tachanka still has the problem he's always had (he's designed to be static in a game that really punishes being static), even if placing his gun is a bit less finicky now.

I'm not sure what you'd change for Twitch, even if making all her drones taser drones would be a start - I don't think she can really be a valid alternative to Thatcher with the taser as-is unless his EMP grenades disable electronics instead of destroying them. As for Tachanka, I still think it would be wonderful if he were Defence Glaz with the DP being his primary (with extremely high recoil) and his special ability being a bipod that makes him static and limits his traversal but reduces recoil to a manageable level.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 13, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I like Twitch but I tend to only play her if we have a Thatcher, I like the Famas. :shobon:

What are the break down on the guns for IQ? I tend to use the 552 the most but she does have some nice ones, I'm just not sure how to take best advantage of them.

I'll bounce on the mic more with pubs, this game seems to have a better community than average.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 13, 2016

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
Some poster on ubi forums came up with an idea about random casual mode where game picks operators at random for each team. That would be God drat awesome.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Tried out Pulse's new gadget; once I get the new distance mechanic down it's going to be absurd for killing people. About the only thing I don't like about it is how loud the heartbeat pinging is.

In summary it's going to be like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yNOT6lWedA

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Next step is to give an operator the railgun from Eraser

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shame on you, Hard, you guys should know that that's not what it's called. :v:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm not sure what you'd change for Twitch, even if making all her drones taser drones would be a start - I don't think she can really be a valid alternative to Thatcher with the taser as-is unless his EMP grenades disable electronics instead of destroying them.

Dont bother wasting time using it as a gadget-killer. Its real utility is forcing people to move and react to it. Tazer some entrenched defender in the shins and run off, he'll move if only to stop getting shocked. Your teammates can then hit him while hes on the move or at least take advantage of his new position slightly easier. To that end, I'd like to see Twitches drone get some armor and the jump ability so it can take 2-3 more bullets before breaking.

Alternatively, and in fitting with Current Events, put a brick of C4 in it that you can detonate.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
C4 on a drone would be hilariously overpowered.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Great Beer posted:

Dont bother wasting time using it as a gadget-killer. Its real utility is forcing people to move and react to it. Tazer some entrenched defender in the shins and run off, he'll move if only to stop getting shocked. Your teammates can then hit him while hes on the move or at least take advantage of his new position slightly easier. To that end, I'd like to see Twitches drone get some armor and the jump ability so it can take 2-3 more bullets before breaking.

Yeah, I'd be up for that. Armour, jumping, and make both of her spare drones taser drones, and she'd be good for flushing people out like that.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Lemon-Lime posted:

Shame on you, Hard, you guys should know that that's not what it's called. :v:

:france:
We both know Le quatorze juillet would have been confusing for ze english people out there mon pote.

Whats funny is that even if your Uplay is set in French it's called Jour de la Bastille.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

Whats funny is that even if your Uplay is set in French it's called Jour de la Bastille.

That's downright insulting.

Anyway, "14th of July" would have been perfectly fine. Les Anglais peuvent aller se faire voir, surtout en ce moment.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Vatek posted:

C4 on a drone would be hilariously overpowered.

C4 on the defenders is hilariously overpowered. :colbert:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Speaking of C4 I was doing T Hunt yesterday and a terrorist dropped C4 like a bag of candy after it died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgPeQaO7q4M

is this a new thing or have I somehow never seen it before?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Beastie posted:

Or they activate the building's emergency sprinkler systems and reduce visibility for like 15 seconds. And defense moves slower because they are wet.

New operator ability: remotely activate the building's fire alarms, forcing the defending team to exit in an orderly fashion.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
As a general rule i watch bugs videos 30 times in a row to make sure i don't miss any details. Now all i hear is woooooooooooooooooooo.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hard posted:

As a general rule i watch bugs videos 30 times in a row to make sure i don't miss any details. Now all i hear is woooooooooooooooooooo.

is this a good or a bad thing?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Basticle posted:

Speaking of C4 I was doing T Hunt yesterday and a terrorist dropped C4 like a bag of candy after it died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgPeQaO7q4M

is this a new thing or have I somehow never seen it before?

They patched in Martyrdom, but forgot to put it in the patch notes, obviously.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I figured out why my game was acting weirdly (people standing in place, player positions not updating essentially); my overclock was screwing with it somehow. Changing overclock settings fixed it.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Basticle posted:

is this a good or a bad thing?

It was funny the first 15 times now i've banned you out of anger.

But this is legit, eAI can place nitrocells if they have them in their inventory and It happens more often on higher difficulties.
In this case you killed him as he was about the place it. The fact that it exploded was as usual, proximity based.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Speaking of terrorist hunt, would it ever be feasible to let us play both defenders and attackers in all of its modes? I use it to try out guns and gadgets and stuff a lot but protect hostage is about thirty thousand times harder to pull off by yourself than the attacking modes so it means I pretty much never try the defenders that way. It took me about a dozen extremely exasperating deaths in multiplayer before I worked out how to throw nitro cells properly for instance because I barely tried them.

Plus attacking as pulse sounds intensely satisfying.

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

Koramei posted:

Speaking of terrorist hunt, would it ever be feasible to let us play both defenders and attackers in all of its modes? I use it to try out guns and gadgets and stuff a lot but protect hostage is about thirty thousand times harder to pull off by yourself than the attacking modes so it means I pretty much never try the defenders that way. It took me about a dozen extremely exasperating deaths in multiplayer before I worked out how to throw nitro cells properly for instance because I barely tried them.

Plus attacking as pulse sounds intensely satisfying.

I would settle for being able to force start a t-hunt game with less than 5 people. Sometimes the match making takes a while.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
you can? lone wolf/ squad only :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Koramei posted:

you can? lone wolf/ squad only :toot:

If you choose not to pick lone wolf, it will always look for four other people, rather than going "it's been five minutes and you only have three, let's put you in a game."

• Locked thread