Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

found snyder's inspiration

:stare:

brb, off to Google... something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lodin posted:

Found these pieces of tat after a quick search.
$44.99

$119.99

$29.99

$49.99

Still ugly as sin but at least slightly better than the shite previously posted.

This one is somewhere around $1,200:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgT7SYEWM_M

... but it's the videogame version, not the movie version.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

:stare:

brb, off to Google... something.

The book's name is "Jack Fish" by J. Milligan, if you're wondering.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Ooooh finally. New York Dolls action figures!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Young Freud posted:

The book's name is "Jack Fish" by J. Milligan, if you're wondering.

Already found it. Think that's on the pile next time I order some books. Might be poo poo, but I'm willing to pay a couple of quid to add context to that page.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I watched this movie for the first time last night(extended/ultimate edition). It was 2 hours and 40 minutes or so of bullshit, and like 5 minutes of Batman actually fighting Superman.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Double pisss

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Ultimode edish is fuxkin rad though my gf left the room when MARTHA!!!!!!!! happened

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
full on batgasm

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
100 pages of making GBS threads on this movie. I'm so proud.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jake wasn't nominated for nightcrawler? that's an easy rear end win let alone nom.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I just realized during the chase sequence where Batman is killing people left and right, a guy aims a Javelin missile launcher at the batmobile, and Batman ducks behind a civilian car with people in it as cover.

There really isn't much of a difference between Snyder's Batman and the Joker.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

found snyder's inspiration

Mods, please change my name to "Full on Batgasm"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'Well that's definitely the bat-signal - but it seems to be directing a hose? No...'

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Mods, please change my name to "Full on Batgasm"

Superman V Batman 2: Full On Batgasm

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

crabcakes66 posted:

I watched this movie for the first time last night(extended/ultimate edition). It was 2 hours and 40 minutes or so of bullshit, and like 5 minutes of Batman actually fighting Superman.

Isn't it funny that in a almost three hour movie called Batman vs Superman there's only like six minutes of them actually fighting?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I just realized during the chase sequence where Batman is killing people left and right, a guy aims a Javelin missile launcher at the batmobile, and Batman ducks behind a civilian car with people in it as cover.

There really isn't much of a difference between Snyder's Batman and the Joker.

hahahaha

happy one hundred pages everyone! we did it!

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Isn't it funny that in a almost three hour movie called Batman vs Superman there's only like six minutes of them actually fighting?

It wasn't terrible or anything. They just tried to shoehorn like 3 different movies into one.

The one thing that triggered my sperg is how superman didn't know his mother was in danger. I'm not hugely invested in these fictional characters and what they can do but the movie(and Man of Steel) already set the precedent that Supes could sense someone in danger over extreme distances and appear quickly to save them. Like not even a previous version of the character. THIS loving superman can do that. I can almost give a pass to him being distracted and not noticing right away that one of the two people on the planet he seriously gives a drat about is in danger.

So Lex must have his mom in some special lead lined hyper dungeon. Nope she was in a warehouse apparently not that far away. The very moment that Lex started blabbing and he realised his mom was in danger he could have been at that warehouse and incapacitated those thugs in about 10 seconds. But no let's spend 20 minutes playing Lex Luthor's game and then send Batman who barely makes it because hurrrrr. :fuckoff:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

crabcakes66 posted:

It wasn't terrible

false

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Oh man, what if people, like, found a few film critics they liked the style and observations of and then checked out the critics' thoughts on a new movie if they weren't quite sure if they wanted to see it or not? What if people even had a couple critics on their list that usually didn't like their favorite kind of movie but often reviewed flicks that exposed them to new genres and ideas and actually intelligently critiqued movies that the person might not examine very closely otherwise, due to those movies being part of a favorite thing? That would be weird. I think people should only read reviews from critics that reinforce their worldviews 100%.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 13, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Not a bad early effort, CineD, but your memes need to be less wordy than your posts to be effective. Again, though, nice start.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

crabcakes66 posted:

It wasn't terrible or anything. They just tried to shoehorn like 3 different movies into one.

The one thing that triggered my sperg is how superman didn't know his mother was in danger. I'm not hugely invested in these fictional characters and what they can do but the movie(and Man of Steel) already set the precedent that Supes could sense someone in danger over extreme distances and appear quickly to save them. Like not even a previous version of the character. THIS loving superman can do that. I can almost give a pass to him being distracted and not noticing right away that one of the two people on the planet he seriously gives a drat about is in danger.

So Lex must have his mom in some special lead lined hyper dungeon. Nope she was in a warehouse apparently not that far away. The very moment that Lex started blabbing and he realised his mom was in danger he could have been at that warehouse and incapacitated those thugs in about 10 seconds. But no let's spend 20 minutes playing Lex Luthor's game and then send Batman who barely makes it because hurrrrr. :fuckoff:

The funniest is when batman tosses a smoke grenade and superman actually has to move through it because how else is he supposed to see through a wall of smoke?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i wonder if there are people out there who like the watchmen movie but can't get through the comic

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Away all Goats posted:

The funniest is when batman tosses a smoke grenade and superman actually has to move through it because how else is he supposed to see through a wall of smoke?
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that and suppose that it's, like, lead smoke, or something.

crabcakes66 posted:

This is a bigger deal though, because forget about any other movie, he literally just saved Lois this way mere moments prior.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Legitimate question: Can he see through kryptonite stuff or is that more just "this poo poo fucks him up if he comes into contact with it.?"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Fonzarelli posted:

i wonder if there are people out there who like the watchmen movie but can't get through the comic

People are garbage brains, I'd bet my house that 90% of the people who own Watchmen merchandise and/or the hardcover edition of the comic have never bothered with the text sections at the end of each issue (that are crucial to a proper reading of the story).

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i thought what was done with the characters in b v s and their arcs at least in the ultimate edition were a decent attempt at adapting some of the deconstructions that have been done on those chatacters in comics and i thought some of the shots were really pretty and the large scale action was done very well and felt very visceral and good and as i said before i would gently caress a lot of the actors in this

hate on me nerds

though admittedly it was only when seeing the ultimate edition so i knew the complete arc and could fit the scenes into that that the film wasn't jarring and confusing

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
also i liked the watchmen film but preferred miracleman to the comic of moore superhero deconstructions. also pissed he never got to do twilight of the superheroes, kingdom come sucked

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

crabcakes66 posted:

Also if Batman hadn't beat up those guys then he would have ended the movie by nearly killing Superman but wussing out because of his mommy issues and then running around scared and ducking behind debris during the Doomsday fight. They needed a minor threat away from the main action at the end of the movie so he could get a scene where he looked cool and not totally ineffectual, there was literally no other point for most of those guys to be there except to get beaten up by Batman.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
oh im sure a few of them would have raped batman if snyder had had total artistic authority

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also if Batman hadn't beat up those guys then he would have ended the movie by nearly killing Superman but wussing out because of his mommy issues and then running around scared and ducking behind debris during the Doomsday fight. They needed a minor threat away from the main action at the end of the movie so he could get a scene where he looked cool and not totally ineffectual, there was literally no other point for most of those guys to be there except to get beaten up by Batman.

If Luthor had just littered the entire kidnap base with Kryptonite, Superman could have rushed into rescuing her like he did Lois at the start of the film, except this time everyone could have just beat the ever living hell out of Superman in front of his mom.

Then Batman could have shown up to rescue him by beating up those guys.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

watchmen sucked rear end. it's kind of amazing how bad Snyder whiffed on so many of the comics themes. that hallelujah sex scene is almost unwatchable.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

makes me wonder how they are gonna do a jl movie, have everyone fighting like supermonsters and give them human henchmen for batman to punch?
behold an artefact of the old internet
http://www.seanbaby.com/superfriends/batman.htm

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Otisburg posted:

makes me wonder how they are gonna do a jl movie, have everyone fighting like supermonsters and give them human henchmen for batman to punch?
behold an artefact of the old internet
http://www.seanbaby.com/superfriends/batman.htm

Wasn't that how Civil War did it anyway where Hawkeye fought Black Widow instead of, say, Vision?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

But every MCU movie is better than Watchmen. Hell, if you cut out the Jennifer Garner bits that old Daredevil movie is better than Watchmen. I mean the only way to maybe force it to work is by knowing the source material, and then filling in all the gaps in Snyders poor grasp of the material with the power of your own imagination.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Neurosis posted:

also i liked the watchmen film but preferred miracleman to the comic of moore superhero deconstructions. also pissed he never got to do twilight of the superheroes, kingdom come sucked

:cool::respek::cool:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Watchmen was ok

The characters were unnatural and stiff tho

Only the comedian even seemed human

naem
May 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wasn't that how Civil War did it anyway where Hawkeye fought Black Widow instead of, say, Vision?

How is Jeremy Renner in these movies again?

It's like "hi I'm your unmarried uncle who is a middle manager at an accounting firm and maybe I did some bicep curls and I just wandered into this superhero group and they haven't made me leave yet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol "this real bad movie received a lot of bad reviews, while all these somewhat adequate movies received a lot of good reviews. wake up sheeple!"

• Locked thread