Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Mister Beeg posted:

But yeah, it's clear the authors changed that because of backlash.

I don't know, I just don't see people reacting negatively to "let's honor 9/11 by literally making it all about us"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

ukonvasara posted:

I don't know, I just don't see people reacting negatively to "let's honor 9/11 by literally making it all about us"

But it's so convenient for brad! he'll never forget his anniversary

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is HLTS available in book form?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

"Tread lightly around copyright" - Old Jungle Saying

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

I think this is another repeat, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought 9cl blond and 9cl jewish looking guy were cohabitating already. And why does she want him out again?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Because he wouldn't go on a planetrip with her unless there were Hitchcock films on the flight. Or something?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

If not caring about Brad and Toni's tasteful 9/11 tributebeautiful winter nuptials is wrong, I don't want to be right.

quote:

SOMEthing must be going on in Jonah’s schedule on the mistaken date.

quote:

Dolt! Foo’! Worstbroever!!! Hope you choke on your own vomit and die, worthless waste of human protoplasm (even if just a comic strip character — you suck, man!!!)

quote:

Does anyone in this comic strip world have any technical or skilled labor professions? They all seem either academia or public service or in the entertainment industry.

quote:

Sir Jonah looks at his phone like he actually has that date in his calendar. An actor through and through, even when it comes to the real life things. Hopefully he plays theatrical parts in a more convincing manner. His house is probably a facade with two by fours holding it up from the back so it does not fall over. (Probably why Brad and TJ tore up the walls in their house looking for Shannon as they know she can hide behind the wall of her dad’s house. And, you know what one does at home, they may also do somewhere else…)

quote:

“Prior Disengagement”
“Acting…On Impulse”
“Dateless”
“Book-er T. Washed Out”
“Mind Like A Rusted Steel Trap”
“The Absent- Minded- Professor- Of -Things”
“Insufficient Funds At The Memory Bank”
“Prioti-tease”
“An Impulse Sieve”
“Got It Right Here, In My Colander!”
“A November To Remember”
or
“I Love My Calendar, Girl!”

four :toxx:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do they want their son to die?

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008
I wrote a short message to Kevin Frank thanking him for being a good person and he replied saying my email brought a tear to his eye.

I'm gonna miss HLTS you guys :(

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Savidudeosoo posted:

Like, there's a lot of things wrong with the Tinkersons, but I've always liked when the dad makes fun of the mom like this.

Honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but as bland and banal as the art is in that strip, it's really the aggressively bad parenting that we are supposed to laugh with and support that makes me just hate it.

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 13, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail Meets Fred F. Sears

I have a feeling that when jam esallen took a job drawing a "nature strip", he thought it would involve something other than a dumpy cutout of a talking head.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, I'm reserving judgement on this until we see whether they actually get in trouble or it's all shrugged off as "boys will be boys" or something.

Well we continue the tale uninterrupted.

'Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Some Select GoComics quotes posted:

Brother Bret said, about 8 hours ago
Yeah … Like you never did this when you were a kid. Turn in your man card.

JanCinLV said, 2 minutes ago
Wait until Lawrence shows up: “You are peeping at my SISTER??? Ewwww!”

No, that is NOT a spoiler, just a guess.

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This seems like bad timing in the week (after?) Pokemon Go comes out and apparently drives smartphone users outside like they were solar powered.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Of course, in Buniworld, the salsa is probably made from the mangled corpses of sentient onions, peppers, and tomatoes...

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I would like to give that Luanne titles guy a serious wedgie and or swirlie. Or just a big punch to the arm to make them flinch.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (June 20, 1951)

Barnaby (November 25, 1942)

Nancy (August 4, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (April 17, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (May 2, 1923)

Barney Google (May 3, 1922)

Lil' Abner (December 30, 1936)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Transmodiar fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 13, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think you've repeated the page.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Peanuts (July 17, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

For once, this is based in a semblance of reality

Crankshaft

This one, too, in an "icy grip of the Reaper" sort of way.

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (January 30, 1930)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I didn't get this one, so I checked the comments, and apparently it's a reference to "Go Big or Go Home" which is still not particularly funny.

Mary Worth

I'm happy to see that the MEDS ARE WORKING

Rex Morgan MD

"I feel that is insufficient praise for my drawing, old man. I'm afraid I shall have to have Mrs P's chauffeur kill you."

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

For once, this is based in a semblance of reality

Indeed.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

My Lovely Horse posted:

This seems like bad timing in the week (after?) Pokemon Go comes out and apparently drives smartphone users outside like they were solar powered.

Also because precisely 100 years ago youngsters were playing 'tag' differently...

Believe it or not: in Finnish slang, "to speak Norwegian" means the same as "to pray to the Porcelain God".

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 13, 2016

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Holy moly! I wish I could forget what you look like

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Yeah, gently caress you man - trying to get gainful employment, how dare you?! I mean no child in the history of children has ever been dropped off somewhere to do something while their parents work! Just what kind of monster are you?! What, I suppose you think a day full of learning and fun is some kind of sick consolation don't you?? UGH.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Tambaloneus posted:

Yeah, gently caress you man - trying to get gainful employment, how dare you?! I mean no child in the history of children has ever been dropped off somewhere to do something while their parents work! Just what kind of monster are you?! What, I suppose you think a day full of learning and fun is some kind of sick consolation don't you?? UGH.

I mean in fairness the guy is in Luann so he is a terrible person

I guess Mr Grey is okay and Pru is mostly inoffensive

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth
So, wait, when Sally gets drunk she turns in to Ted? Or is she a crypto-Ted and the booze just brings it out? The implications are staggering indeed.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I'm happy to see that the MEDS ARE WORKING

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

SomeMathGuy posted:

So, wait, when Sally gets drunk she turns in to Ted? Or is she a crypto-Ted and the booze just brings it out? The implications are staggering indeed.

She's always been a crypto-Ted. She married him, after all.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress is this? Is that a panel structure? A two panel? Some abomination of a one panel with a perspective like a face in Mark Trail? Is the nurse talking to the baby or is the baby talking to the other baby or what the gently caress.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

goatface posted:

What the gently caress is this? Is that a panel structure? A two panel? Some abomination of a one panel with a perspective like a face in Mark Trail? Is the nurse talking to the baby or is the baby talking to the other baby or what the gently caress.

The babies are talking to each other, but it is all kinds of hosed up. I spent a bit trying to make sense of it too.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

This is just a fetish comic.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Whoops Sisters

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Dave’s Delicatessen (click for big)

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Command Ant posted:

This is just a fetish comic.
It's not even a good one.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Tambaloneus posted:

Now, unironically!

quote:

She loves her dad, while Pru questions the duo idea that Shannon is so excited about. What a metaphor for Jonah and his responsibility toward his child. He does seem to be busy in acting, as a thespian, but is he also selfish and shallow, or just busy and a little diffident in being a father and parent? Brad has become such a man as a parent figure to Shannon, although of course having a fiance like Toni Daytona can help a man, man up! Jonah may not have that going for him. He is not as clearly bad as Leslie, or as mysterious as Piro, but being a parent is so important. Why is he that way.? Shannon loves her dad, children often do, but when will it become apparent to her that her dad is not the most loving father figure in her life? That might be one of the issues that face Toni and Brad as we approach the wedding date. That may be another reason he really does not like Brad. I smell the faint but unmistakable whiff of tension, jealousy and anger here between Brad and Jonah, with Toni in the middle, and Shannon being OH GOD the victim. Please lets work this out.

quote:

worlds-best-daddy said, about 19 hours ago
I bet Jonah has cancer and is taking treatments for it that is why he is always gone

quote:

I’ve a simple observation – unless I missed a strip or two somewhere – how on Earth did Jonah keep custody of Shannon; unless Shannon’s mother is deceased? Any family court would yank Shannon away and give her mother custody of her in light of Jonah’s behavior.
Help me out here people. If you can dig up the strips that I missed regarding Shannon’s Mom so much the better!

quote:

" ‘Cats’ In His Cradle"
“Exit, Stage Bereft”
“Brush Hour”
“Touch And No-Show”
“Get His Drift”
“Trouble, With A Capital Absen-tee!” (♪)
“Hung Up On A Call-back”
“A Touch Of Wander”
“The King Of Pawns”
“An Ulterior Decorator”
or
“Du-o Is Me!”

:toxx: :toxx: :toxx: :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I can't decide whether I'd get more entertainment out of Gilchrist and Esallen having a showdown or forming the ultimate team-up.

• Locked thread