Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

inglis finally waking up this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Byolante posted:

Ball thrown behind the line, caught in front of the line, not called forward. South of the Tweed strikes again

Does your TV have rewind? Because mine does, and it was passed from a metre behind the line and gallen caught it when he was on the line with both hands way behind him (because he was in front of the ball)

Perfectly legal

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Maybe the ref should start warning these Maroons for the repeated flops

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Lol penalties being given for having a blue shirt now

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And the strips and swinging arms.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Look i know it's complicated to count to ten but that's how many metres they have to go back. If they don't, it's a penalty.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
That interference hahahaha

Good lord a sinbin?!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Lol how about the professional fouls?

Can't believe a bin happened. Magical

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I guess we have found out if there was a directive to give gallen a send off

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Why was the Nine commentary making GBS threads on the binning? Looked perfectly fair to me.

NSW need points out of this.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

I guess we have found out if there was a directive to give gallen a send off

It is nice of the Maroons to throw the game, i guess

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Feels like blues are passing the ball too early when coming up to the line but the gently caress do I know

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NSW has had really poor passing accuracy tonight.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Jono C posted:

Why was the Nine commentary making GBS threads on the binning? Looked perfectly fair to me.

NSW need points out of this.

As an English neutral who doesn't get much chance to catch the Australian game, the one thing i've noticed down there is the referees usual reluctance to send players to the bin for professional fouls, this was a nice surprise!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

iajanus posted:

It is nice of the Maroons to throw the game, i guess

mercy loss

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
When you agree with Gould's soapbox narrative of the day (Gallen & Daley suck) he's a tolerable commentator

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I love a good reverse shoulder charge (eg by the runner)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Maybe the refs should send someone else to the bin since Queensland just refuse to stop giving away penalties

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nsw why you so poo poo? sliding side to side ain't going to get you anything

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

cant even give a game away to the blues

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
8 more penalties a man up a blatantly biased ref team and they still couldn't get anything done

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Byolante posted:

8 more penalties a man up a blatantly biased ref team and they still couldn't get anything done

Burn Down Laurie Daley.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I don't have any complaints about the penalty count or the sin bin (a big call but 100% a professional foul) but the fact the blues still didn't score is hilarious in every way and makes up for it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Maybe the refs should send someone else to the bin since Queensland just refuse to stop giving away penalties

Your solution is to just keep sending off qld players for nothing until we find out of the blues could win a game vs an Auckland nines team?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Nsw has been abysmal in attack but lol if you think that the refs have been anything but kind to Queensland - there could have been many more penalties and in reality Smith should also be in the bin for his cynical and repeated work

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

This doesn't even happen in club games let alone state of origin. More than half the penalties have been niggle stuff in the middle of the field anyway not the goal line rubbish the Roosters pull every week.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
How the gently caress are NSW only two points up after all those tackles inside the 20, including a shitload while Cronk was in the bin?

Moylan and Tedesco are making GBS threads the bed pretty hard. They're better players than this, but they've got a heroball mentality going on every time they touch the ball.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Haven't been watching too closely but NSW are blatantly offside almost every tackle from what I've seen.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Nsw has been abysmal in attack but lol if you think that the refs have been anything but kind to Queensland - there could have been many more penalties and in reality Smith should also be in the bin for his cynical and repeated work

Not calling the dodgy ruck poo poo NSW have been pulling or the constant big hits on kickers that NSW has been doing for years is a real problem. It's kinda hard to actually pick out qld not getting calls because the refs are doing everything they can to keep the ball in the blues hands.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Your solution is to just keep sending off qld players for nothing until we find out of the blues could win a game vs an Auckland nines team?

Lol

"nothing"

Love your work :downsbravo:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

How the gently caress are NSW only two points up after all those tackles inside the 20, including a shitload while Cronk was in the bin?

Moylan and Tedesco are making GBS threads the bed pretty hard. They're better players than this, but they've got a heroball mentality going on every time they touch the ball.

I think the problem,at least with Tedesco, is that they're not giving him anything to do except run at the opposing centre. Most times Jennings or whoever isn't moving to give him an option, so he just tries to step inside and Queensland are marking him well. It's another symptom of Daley's anaemic offence

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The entire state of nsw should consider suicide at this rate. Their only points came off a pass that was a metre forward and couldnt score after 9 of the softest back to back penalties in nrl history against a team a man down.

Shameful poo poo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

BlindSite posted:

The entire state of nsw should consider suicide at this rate. Their only points came off a pass that was a metre forward and couldnt score after 9 of the softest back to back penalties in nrl history against a team a man down.

Shameful poo poo.

This guy knows whats up

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

gonna be carnage when Superstar Billy S is back next origin

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Those vintage late knees to the face will unpretty a new generation of blues

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Halftime so long I don't even give a poo poo anymore

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Byolante posted:

Those vintage late knees to the face will unpretty a new generation of blues

got to blood the new players

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Halftime so long I don't even give a poo poo anymore

It gave me enough time to finish Uncharted 4 so that was nice

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Don't worry Nine, we dont want to see replays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

iajanus posted:

It gave me enough time to finish Uncharted 4 so that was nice

i got to the salvaging part and then went straight to multiplayer because i love multiplayer.

one day I'll actually get more than 10 minutes into the game

• Locked thread