Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
A lot of poors who know a lot about pawn shops in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pawn shops are awesome. Where the hell else you gonna buy a VCR or CRT TV these days? Craigslist? Oh.....Yeah, Craigslist.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Not enough poors who knows how to get into the usa.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think BLM should stop asking for permits and police protection. Show them you don't need them and things need to change with or with out them. Arm yourselves following local law and start loving marching. You want to change something, stop asking for loving permission.

lol tarded idea

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

They should have a protest in LA and have the Crips and Bloods unite for a day to provide protection for BLM protesters.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not if you're bored at work and want something entertaining to read on the news wires it isn't. But it will never happen because no one really thinks the police force can be demilitarized/reformed. BLM is just there to collect donations and schedule marches to justify their doantions.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Brannock posted:

community policing is proven and very effective and it involves constant engagement with the area and the people living there instead of sitting in the station all day long

community policing isnt acting like an army of occupation which I imagine is what it feels like to be in a predominantly black area being policed with an all white police force

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So what gun was it?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
http://fishmech.net/fyadhaus/grandmas/pie/factory/016.htm

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

EX250 Type R posted:

community policing isnt acting like an army of occupation which I imagine is what it feels like to be in a predominantly black area being policed with an all white police force

White man must be keeping the black men from joining the force. Like that racist hotbed where the 6 cops were gunned down, Dallas.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

EX250 Type R posted:

lmbo if you think blacks respect black cops (which are the kind of officers sent to do community work in black communities)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I'm sorry your town has such crappy stores.

These are pawn shops on Harry Hines in Dallas, which you would think would be primo.

Maybe a pawn shop in an upper middle class burb would be better, with moms selling little brats' consoles or teenagers selling their games for weed money.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

White man must be keeping the black men from joining the force. Like that racist hotbed where the 6 cops were gunned down, Dallas.

reallivedinosaur posted:

lmbo if you think blacks respect black cops

Although to be fair obv you gotta start somewhere. They only hate black cops because they are seen as traitors because the police have an image of an oppressive force rather than a community safeguard. If the police did more community outreach/policing that image would slowly change

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Maybe the thing for #BLM to do is organize themselves into an effective voting bloc and stump for candidates of their choosing who will make the systematic changes they want. Not on the national level where politicians are least involved with the day to day operation of law enforcement, but positions like the mayors, sherrifs, and judges that preside over the most affected communities.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tricky D posted:

Maybe the thing for #BLM to do is organize themselves into an effective voting bloc and stump for candidates of their choosing who will make the systematic changes they want. Not on the national level where politicians are least involved with the day to day operation of law enforcement, but positions like the mayors, sherrifs, and judges that preside over the most affected communities.

yeah but that would require some actual leadership and organization

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Black Panthers were way better.

quote:

The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, the bill was crafted in response to members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods while they were conducting what would later be termed copwatching. They garnered national attention after the Black Panthers marched bearing arms upon the California State Capitol to protest the bill.[1][2]

Shows how racist and hypocritical the GOP and the NRA are imo - white militias 'protecting' their property? Fine. Black people trying to patrol their neighborhoods? Haha NOPE NOPE NOPE pass gun control!!!

Too bad all their leadership got COINTELPRO'd

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 13, 2016

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but that would require some actual leadership and organization

Thatisthejoke.gif

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moridin920 posted:

Although to be fair obv you gotta start somewhere. They only hate black cops because they are seen as traitors because the police have an image of an oppressive force rather than a community safeguard. If the police did more community outreach/policing that image would slowly change

lol

"community policing is like an occupying army"

"the only answer is more community policing"

you don't want to solve anything you just want to see more people get killed on TV, i doubt you even care what color they are

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

lol

you don't want to solve anything you just want to see more people get killed on TV, i doubt you even care what color they are

you're retarded and no one is saying that at all

community policing is not walking in with full RIOT regalia with no markings anywhere, idiot. seriously google the terms because you just sound like a total fuckwit idiot.

e: here I'll do it for you because GBS is an alt-right brain dead shithole these days:

quote:

"Community policing is a philosophy of full service personalized policing, where the same officer patrols and works in the same area on a permanent basis, from a decentralized place, working in a proactive partnership with citizens to identify and solve problems."

Community policing creates partnerships between law enforcement agency and other organizations like government agencies, community members, nonprofit service providers, private businesses and the media. The media represent a powerful pattern by which the police can communicate with the community. Community policing recognizes that police cannot solve every public safety problem alone, so interactive partnerships are created. The policing uses the public for developing problem-solving solutions.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

Shows how racist and hypocritical the GOP and the NRA are imo - white militias 'protecting' their property? Fine. Black people trying to patrol their neighborhoods? Haha NOPE NOPE NOPE pass gun control!!!

Too bad all their leadership got COINTELPRO'd

The Democrats weren't exactly covering themselves with glory in the 60's either.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

The Democrats weren't exactly covering themselves with glory in the 60's either.

Sure but at least the Dems aren't the party going 'FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS' about gun control no? Then the GOP and Reagan turn around and go 'YES gun control but only for black people.'

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

reallivedinosaur posted:

lol

Sometimes a discussion is so reasonable and productive, one forgets that some people genuinely believe that the solution is to make all crime legal and kill all cops.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

Sure but at least the Dems aren't the party going 'FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS' about gun control no? Then the GOP and Reagan turn around and go 'YES gun control but only for black people.'

I don't think anyone had coined that phrase in the 60's. And the Democrats were the party of slavery and jim crowe until recently.

Also the NRA did support black people being able to defend themselves with guns against kkk (democrats at the time) violence.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 13, 2016

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

lol

The police's idea of community policing is at best driving through bad neighborhoods a little more slowly than usual

The image of beat cops walking around north Baton Rouge neighborhoods seems pretty ridiculous to me, which probably isn't a good sign

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
The police loves everything military. Why not just sell community policing as counterinsurgency operations.
It's the hottest poo poo around.
Traditional policing sounds a lot like the failed search and destroy model of Vietnam war. You don't want to be a loser, do you?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think anyone had coined that phrase in the 60's

lol you're really getting pedantic with that aren't you? Whether that specific phrase was coined or not isn't relevant. The GOP in the 60s was very much anti-gun control EXCEPT in that one instance in California where the Black Panthers were exercising their right to bear arms.

quote:

And the Democrats were the party of slavery and jim crowe until recently.

Okay and now they aren't. What's your point? Both parties suck? Sure they do. I'm just saying in this instance where the GOP supported a ban on guns in CA, the GOP showed their hypocrisy.

kinda dumb to say that the Dems today are the same pro-slavery Dems from 1890 though. just as dumb as when the GOP calls themselves 'Lincoln's Party' like their platform hasn't radically changed since then.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think anyone had coined that phrase in the 60's. And the Democrats were the party of slavery and jim crowe until recently.

Also the NRA did support black people being able to defend themselves with guns against kkk (democrats at the time) violence.

:laugh:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Nope

guys it takes 2 minutes to google this information in 2016 how do you hold on to these completely erroneous opinions?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When did the Dems and Republicans switch sides? It had to be very gradual, but what was the issue(s) that reversed the parties?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

reallivedinosaur posted:

lol

You just got Moridin920'd

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

lol you're really getting pedantic

I'm so sad. You've made me cry.

Solice Kirsk posted:

When did the Dems and Republicans switch sides? It had to be very gradual, but what was the issue(s) that reversed the parties?

No, you see the republicans are bad and the democrats are good. It has always been thus. A two minute google search has shown me this.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

New Deal and Civil Rights basically

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

you're retarded and no one is saying that at all

community policing is not walking in with full RIOT regalia with no markings anywhere, idiot.

Stamp your feet more. You are literally shaking as you type this, Tezzor... I mean Moridin920.

Please source where full RIOT REGALIA is being utilized during routine policing. Or better yet, catch a sniper bullet at a protest.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

Stamp your feet more. You are literally shaking as you type this, Tezzor... I mean Moridin920.

Please source where full RIOT REGALIA is being utilized during routine policing. Or better yet, catch a sniper bullet at a protest.

you have no arguments at all and instead just spout insult after sad insult in defense of your opinion, which in the end just again shows how loving retarded you people are. at least I'm making coherent points in between the name calling.

you can't even understand what the opposition is saying because you people are so brain damaged that you conflate community policing with crowd and riot control tactics

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

lol you're really getting pedantic with that aren't you? Whether that specific phrase was coined or not isn't relevant.

You really are getting skilled in the backpedalling and lashing out at those calling you on the bullshit you spew.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

You really are getting skilled in the backpedalling and lashing out at those calling you on the bullshit you spew.

what backpedaling? I said it before and I'll say it again: The GOP did not support gun control EXCEPT in CA when Reagan was governor when the Black Panthers were actually exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, and they passed a bill curtailing said rights. Showing their hypocrisy and racism.

why don't you run backwards naked through a field of dicks

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

you have no arguments at all and instead just spout insult after sad insult in defense of your opinion, which in the end just again shows how loving retarded you people are. at least I'm making coherent points in between the name calling.

you can't even understand what the opposition is saying because you people are so brain damaged that you conflate community policing with crowd and riot control tactics

And yet with all of this blustery bullshit, you didn't bother to answer the question.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartouche posted:

And yet with all of this blustery bullshit, you didn't bother to answer the question.

what question just look at the photo in the OP for an example of the full blacked out regalia retard

We're saying in general that community policing is something we should try to do, and you people went 'HURRR but look they're trying that and you're all mad about militarization!' and then I said 'no moron, community policing is not that.'

how can you people be so loving retarded lords of kobol give me strength

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
it's actually you that's the retarded one, just click that little question mark under your username for the proof :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

Please source where full RIOT REGALIA is being utilized during routine policing.

You are the idiot who brought full RIOT REGALIA into the discussion of community policing and outreach. But hey, that may just me being pedantic. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread