Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

heenato posted:

I dunno if it's just me, but the sound is pretty badly desynced.

investigating

e: Yes, you're correct. The video is 1.641 seconds ahead of the game audio. The audio track itself is fine, it's just that the mux apparently didn't take properly.

Since it's possible to enjoy it right now, I'll leave this one up overnight while I fix the episode. I'll upload the fixed version tomorrow morning. If you want to wait until then, do so. Thanks for pointing this out!

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

grack posted:

That really was the perfect quote to describe Timsh and that conversation.

Paul Keating is basically the patron saint of political put-downs and it's a testament to the brutality of his wit that I can quote something he said over 20, possibly 30 years ago and still have people go "GODDAMN". He was so good at it, at one point in his post-political career some UK government staffers tried to get him to teach Tony Blair how to chainsaw people in half with words.

And yes, it's the absolute perfect description of Timsh. A horrible power-mad little man trying feverishly to distract himself from the knowledge that at any moment one woman could fell him and he can't and wouldn't do anything to stop it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I never saw that dialogue between the Barrister and the maid. Every time I went in, Timsh was in his office, then eventually wandered up to his chambers and farted around. And this was over three separate playthroughs because I'd put the game down for a year, come back, and think "I should start from the beginning so I have a firmer grasp on the plot."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Video's going down for a little while because I'm about to re-upload it. Appreciate your patience!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I never heard the exchange between Timsh and the maid either. It's been a while, but I think in my low-chaos run I listened to Timsh being a business scumbag in his office. I also don't recall Lurk's "don't make me describe what he's doing" line on the roof, so it might be a level randomization thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I fixed the video and re-uploaded it. All clear for those of you who were waiting!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Poor Coolguy, poor poor Coolguy.

How are those intermissions coming by the way?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So much whiffing...

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Your Polsy link didn't work for me, so have an alternate Polsy link.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Post updated! Thanks!

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Coolguye posted:

Low Chaos Update

Eminent Domain:
Youtube Polsy

I've been looking for those little audio inserts ever since Torgue's "EXPLOSIONS?!" in the Flooded District, and that little "god drat it!" at 36:44 made me smile.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

lune has a bit of a love affair with some of my weaker moments

and poo poo does he do a good job with 'em

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'm sorry but it's not something I can get over because the more I hear it the more ways I can think of to apply it. It's the pure, genuine frustration out of nowhere when that quote happened that makes it beautiful.

e. Should mention Torgue was a one time unknowing deal, it was just that Orv had set up so many explosions and Coolguye was throwing grenades that it was impossible not to in that video.

only GOD DAMNIT

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 12, 2016

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

IMJack posted:

I never heard the exchange between Timsh and the maid either. It's been a while, but I think in my low-chaos run I listened to Timsh being a business scumbag in his office. I also don't recall Lurk's "don't make me describe what he's doing" line on the roof, so it might be a level randomization thing.

Count me as another who didn't get this setup. I had Timsh waiting in the office like he was before, which made sneaking my way up to him a nightmare. I eventually dealt with getting seen by darting everyone and going off do to my secondary stuff. Turns out, if you take down everyone, and then set up the weeper bag thing, Timsh will suddenly be at the front door talking to the guards. And those two guards at the top of the stairs spawn in then to talk about Timsh being arrested. Bit weird to have to to clear out the building twice.

Another difference, at that point where you teleported up a railing above some stairs, there's supposed to be a maid talking to that guard there. Maybe there's something to do with how you approach the level which determines that stuff.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

My absolute favourite quotable PM is Gough Whitlam:

Winton Turnbull: I am a Country Member-
Whitlam: I remember.

However, Keating's "All tip and no iceberg" in reference to Peter Costello is definitely up there.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I get the sense that what the Low Chaos run is about has become something entirely different from what it was intended to be.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
How. How do they keep getting better?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Coolguye posted:

holy poo poo

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Requesting a full parade display of Dauds flailing.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Fish Noise posted:

I get the sense that what the Low Chaos run is about has become something entirely different from what it was intended to be.

Poor Daud looks so utterly confused at his own grab distance, Corvo is giving him a negative choke score for choking on chokes and Slackjaw you're not helping even remotely.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

It's not Daud's fault, even the best choke under this much pressure.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Poor Daud looks so utterly confused at his own grab distance, Corvo is giving him a negative choke score for choking on chokes and Slackjaw you're not helping even remotely.

so it's accurate to the LP

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

For some reason this thread has made me reminisce about when I got my hands on Gothic 2 all those years ago and first saw a npc walk down an alley to take a piss.

Is this going to end with a all the characters in a circle failing chokes on each other? :allears:

Poil fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 13, 2016

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The thing with these choke whiffs is that once you're in the blocking animation, you have to wait for it to go away before you can start grabbing someone, otherwise you'll just put the block back up. This doesn't excuse the many first times that Coolguye misses the choke, though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That doesn't absolve his second or third whiffs either.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think you covered that in the video: Coolguye is bad at video games.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Orv posted:

That doesn't absolve his second or third whiffs either.

there's the really lame cooldown that yeah kinda does absolve those, it's legitimately janky

this doesn't change the fact that i am also bad, of course

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
every day i refresh this thread hoping that the low chaos intermission videos have been posted. every day coolguye breaks my heart.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Weed Wolf posted:

every day i refresh this thread hoping that the low chaos intermission videos have been posted. every day coolguye breaks my heart.
He tries to post them every day, but everytime he does his mouse flies up across his chest.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
How? How does it keep getting better?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
He's too busy playing Dead by Daylight :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011
And posting about it in the Steam forums like some kind of psycho.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

He's too busy playing Dead by Daylight :v:

i haven't played that game in a couple days, i'm unfortunately doing things much more mundane and stupid than that

Orv posted:

And posting about it in the Steam forums like some kind of psycho.

i'm giving false benedictions to psychos, which is again substantially less fun than posting about it :{

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Coolguye posted:

this doesn't change the fact that i am also bad, of course
Since LP Convergence began here, these people have been arriving from all over, most of them claiming to want to help you. But I am not so convinced.

Like this weird cyborg lady came up and just stared* in complete silence from uncomfortably close until I let her in

Pretty sure she's just showing off. ...also has anyone seen my wallet?

*I think it was staring, anyways. Couldn't tell where her eyes were.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Warframe...Warframe never changes. Since the dawn of the Tenno, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of Braton and Skana, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from New Loka to Steel Meridian to simple, psychotic rage.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Fish Noise, you might be my favourite goon.

...And you gave her the Sheev. :cripes:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Well all you need to know is to find the glowy bits.

That's where you'll find the weak point.

Also strong point.

Also eyes.

Also oh god what's that WHY AM I COVERED IN EXPLOSIONS

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Man, now I really want to go back to warframe.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Good news, the last patch broke everything! Well, not everything. Just an awful lot of things.

Tenno lacrosse is cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Some Warframe unrelated straight talk for you fine people before I go to bed.

You will not be getting a deep, in-depth look at Dunwall City Trials. You won't even be getting an extensive, thoughtful funny look at Dunwall City Trials.

What you will be getting is two or three missions of me trying to at least provide an entertaining look at the stuff, and then I loving give up. The suck, they suck poo poo on raw ice. They suck every dick I've ever owned. When I wake up it'll be a coin flip whether I tweet some mean things at Harvey Smith or not, it depends on how I sleep. gently caress that poo poo. If you watched our Majesty LP, and remember my dragon troubles, that was baby times compared to the angry poo poo I have to say about Dumbass lovely Aisles.

• Locked thread