Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ChickenWing posted:

It's the Inverse Catte Law

The less you want to look at Catte, the more Catte must be directly in your line of sight.

It's because Cattes prefer it when you quickly make eye contact, then look away without trying to approach them. That's Catte-language for "I see you, and do not view you as a threat. I am safe to approach." Coming up to them and trying to pet them immediately is (relatively) scary, so most Cattes won't let you do it unless they already trust you.

Content: Who run the world? [Baby] Girls!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcyxNLUuOqg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Friend has a yellow pup who is half Corgi and half--coyote! leggier than a Corgi, with Coyote eyes. I see if she'll hold still long enough for a picture.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Our Standard Poodle puppy, Liberty Belle, finished her puppy championship. Poodle puppy hair is very fine and silky; the adult coat is heavier and curlier. As they grow, they eventually go through coat change while the adult hair replaces the puppy down. This can happen anytime in their second year. The hair change makes for mats like you would not believe. It mats while you're brushing it. So, it was time for her very first haircut.

While still with her full coat, a woman thought she was a gorilla. We called her our baby bear.

She's gone from super confident, bold and brave to shy and skittish. I think she'll recover. Her coat has the texture of plushy velvet. She's become very interested in cuddling.

See for yourself:

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."

ChickenWing posted:

e: this reminds me, does anyone else's cat have a powerful desire for you to be petting them as they eat? My male cat is adamant when I feed him that I remain and pet him while he eats, and if I remain in the area without petting him (his food is in the kitchen, this happens regularly) he will take a bite of food and then come bodycheck my legs until he finishes chewing, at which point he goes to get another mouthful and repeat the process. If I pet him while he eats, he purrs so loud I worry he'll choke.

My cat does this too. He will come get me to follow him from across the house to his bowl in the kitchen. He's cool if I don't stay as long as he gets a good 30 seconds or so of pettes. Also does this with his water with the added wrinkle that he likes to have himself and his water lifted up from the floor to the counter. He's a little weirdo.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It doesn't happen with my cats but I know one of my coworkers' cats will pick up a glob of wet food and carry it across her apartment so he can drop it and eat it right in front of the bathroom door where she's getting ready

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

It's been a rough couple of weeks, so I thought now would be a good time for more photos from MEOW!

Guy couldn't be bothered

Joey was looking quite majestic

Desmond is a bit older (around 12-13), but here he is, looking surprisingly spry

This is Nelly, or possibly some sort of teddy bear

Jake also couldn't be bothered

Maddie is a truly striking individual

Tiger II was oozing a bit...

... as was Smokey Joe

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Congratulations on a gorgeous poodlefriend

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Absolutely A+ catte-work on display here

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SpacePig posted:

This looks less like a dog and more like an otter put together by somebody who's never seen an otter before.

It's always reminded me of those ridiculous medieval pictures of faraway animals the artist has obviously never seen in person and is only familiar with via third hand accounts.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

a life less posted:

I've not really met many corgis that lived happily to old age. There are some problems associated with their structure, then some immune issues prevalent in the breed too. Super unfortunate, because they're cute as gently caress.

My corgi lived to 15! He was a good boy. But grumpy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Bumblefuck! posted:

It's been a rough couple of weeks, so I thought now would be a good time for more photos from MEOW!

Aww, how is Smokey Joe still not adopted! (Two of my cats are from MEOW.)

Did Ceiling Cat ever come down, btw?

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I love poodles, they're amazing at sports and retrieving and stuff! Grats to Liberty Belle :3:

Here's another poodle (mix):

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Seems confortable

https://twitter.com/gifsdegatinhos/status/753248133648379905

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's always reminded me of those ridiculous medieval pictures of faraway animals the artist has obviously never seen in person and is only familiar with via third hand accounts.

I was thinking more along the lines of bad taxidermy. Like, they can figure out the shape for the most part, but the skull isn't super obvious, so they improvise:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

SpacePig posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of bad taxidermy. Like, they can figure out the shape for the most part, but the skull isn't super obvious, so they improvise:

This is the cute thread, dammit.

Get out of here.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Deer

https://vine.co/v/5WBzAd0nqbz

LeviathanGunship
Dec 6, 2004

I'll be honest, I don't entirely understand where this leaves us.

"Look Mom, I made a new friend!"

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

If only deer weren't AT-ATs full of ticks.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

On Monday my boyfriend and I adopted a doggy from the local shelter:

Meet Kahl Doggo (formerly Oz):

And my personal favorite

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

cool kids inc. posted:

On Monday my boyfriend and I adopted a doggy from the local shelter:

Meet Kahl Doggo (formerly Oz):

And my personal favorite

that is one cute murderdogge

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Khal Doggo looks like a tank who will accept no obstacle between him and headbutting you for pets and treats, I love it

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

CapitanGarlic posted:

Khal Doggo looks like a tank who will accept no obstacle between him and headbutting you for pets and treats, I love it

This is accurate.

SneakyFrog posted:

that is one cute murderdogge
He also snuffles and snorts and when he sleeps he snores like a lumberjack, and holy hell the farts. He's perfect :3:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Khal Doggo is a pro tier name for an obviously pro tier dogge. :3:

Here's a very excited fox kit, feat. a very unappreciative catte:

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a5rbnvL_460sv.mp4

Those black feetsies :kimchi:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I wanna talk about this bear

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That bear probably gonna get shot, as it's obvious it's been eating people food.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

cash crab posted:

D'awww, what a chubba wubba lil bear :kimchi:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Johnny Aztec posted:

That bear probably gonna get shot, as it's obvious it's been eating people food.

BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE BEAR MEETINGS

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

MEOW just had a mom and kittens that are being fostered come in for their regular checkup, and they're frustratingly adorable

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

Please don't shoot him, I'll take him home and give him all the people food he wants. His name is now Tubbs. :3:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TUBBS. :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

cash crab posted:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

SpacePig posted:

This looks less like a dog and more like an otter put together by somebody who's never seen an otter before.

A toddler's drawing of a ferret, come to life

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Bumblefuck! posted:

MEOW just had a mom and kittens that are being fostered come in for their regular checkup, and they're frustratingly adorable

handsome and upset

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Catnipped posted:

Honestly I love poodles, they're amazing at sports and retrieving and stuff! Grats to Liberty Belle :3:

Here's another poodle (mix):

They're adorable! Are they Aussie/Poodle crosses?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

neonnoodle posted:

Congratulations on a gorgeous poodlefriend

Thank you! She's starting to get her mojo back. She and the coy-gi spent the day wrestling and playing Jaws of Death.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum posted:

They're adorable! Are they Aussie/Poodle crosses?

I think so! I just found it looking up poodle coat colors but didn't dig further.

Unrelated cute: tufted deer.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Catnipped posted:

I think so! I just found it looking up poodle coat colors but didn't dig further.

that's clearly some kind of were-deer.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Gorilla Salad posted:

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Catnipped posted:

:stare: It's like a deer crossed with a boar.