Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

RatHat posted:

One Piece is actually World of Warcraft 2.
So which expansion will inexplicably bring Ace back from the dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The only counter example I know of is when Araki prevented the Phantom Blood movie from ever being released on any form of home media. That movie doesn't exist except as trailers and a bizarre 16 minutes of footage a film student found that doesn't have any dialogue.

But I don't know if the kind of ownership that Araki has over JoJo is different from the deal Oda has with OP. It's from about 10 years earlier, after all, the contracts could be different.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think it's ever been confirmed that Araki directly prevented the home release of Phantom Blood, just fandom hearsay.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was supposedly so awful that I'm sure he wasn't the only one who didn't want it released.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I'm pretty sure that's just a fan theory

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

One Piece is actually World of Warcraft 2.

a one piece mmo could be cool.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Sub Harrison posted:

a one piece mmo could be cool.

id just keep re-rolling until i got a good logia

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

Yeah but most of those got nerfed with the Haki update

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

drjuggalo posted:

I'd take advantage of the fact that Devil Fruit powers are unique by collecting the rarest and most powerful fruits on each of my characters, eating them, then permanently logging them off so no one else can get those powers.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

drjuggalo posted:

gently caress devil fruits, I'd be a Franky-type cyborg.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'd take advantage of the fact that Devil Fruit powers are unique by collecting the rarest and most powerful fruits on each of my characters, eating them, then permanently logging them off so no one else can get those powers.

I'll get strong and then lay back in east blue punking newbies.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

QuantaStarFire posted:

Jokes on you, the MMO takes place in the far future where all Devil Fruits have been replicated, like Kizaru's.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

So just being Blackbeard, basically?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Nah, they just implement the Hammer ability, where if your devil fruit user doesn't log in within a certain amount of time, they 'drown'.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'll get strong and then lay back in east blue punking newbies.

Until some newbie twink comes along and stomps your rear end, having powerleveled in their starter city for years.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DizzyBum posted:

Until some newbie twink comes along and stomps your rear end, having powerleveled in their starter city for years.

They didn't power level, some high level character snuck in and gave them a stupid rubber devil fruit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I love the image of Kuro or Wapol sitting down and furiously typing up a long missive on their computer about why the rubber fruit has to be nerfed or how Luffy or Shanks cheated.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

I love the image of Kuro or Wapol sitting down and furiously typing up a long missive on their computer about why the rubber fruit has to be nerfed or how Luffy or Shanks cheated.
Wapol had a long post written out, but deleted it when he figured out how to get rich selling toys on the AH. Now he spends his time praising the devs and shittalking his old guild.

2 years after release, people are complaining on the forums that the Blackbeard hacker group are stealing their Devil Fruit abilities while Odachiisoft admins do nothing about it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

Wapol had a long post written out, but deleted it when he figured out how to get rich selling toys on the AH. Now he spends his time praising the devs and shittalking his old guild.

2 years after release, people are complaining on the forums that the Blackbeard hacker group are stealing their Devil Fruit abilities while Odachiisoft admins do nothing about it.

There was one guy on the Upcoming Releases thread who used to post 'moon zone when?' every time the devs made an announcement. Everyone ignored him until he hacked the game and starred deleting maps while the players were still on them.

Nobody's quite sure what happened to him after that, or what it meant when something called 'Fairy Vearth' appeared in the code afterwards.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Shanks is the max level guy who goes to the starting zones and drops rare loot for newbies.

Truly the coolest guy.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Luckily the guy who created the furry level was booted before he could add his "original character, do not steal" NPCs.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
gently caress Kotaku - One Piece is back! http://readms.com/r/one_piece/832/3534/1

That cover page is...uh...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[oda sits down to make color spread] i'm gonna do it !! i'm gonna do the nami one finally !!

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

gently caress Kotaku - One Piece is back! http://readms.com/r/one_piece/832/3534/1

Should have been Franky as Dr. Gonzo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Sure was an intense chapter.

I really like learning more about the Vinsmokes.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
germa 66 sure is similar to MSF from metal gear. they even have something similar to mother base...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm really glad Oda didn't drag out the fake Luffy bit into a whole subplot.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

What? You gotta stay hydrated when you're out in the sun!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm starting to suspect that oda may like titties

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

mangastream no

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dordreff posted:

mangastream no

Luffy wants you...

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

dordreff posted:

mangastream no

Did, did Luffy decapitate Chopper?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Shoren posted:

Did, did Luffy decapitate Chopper?

Emergency meat rations. That's why he's licking his chops. He probably decided that putting the head on his shoulder like a parrot would be funny.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Julias posted:

Emergency meat rations. That's why he's licking his chops. He probably decided that putting the head on his shoulder like a parrot would be funny.

So it finally happened. The sea is a cruel, cruel mistress :negative:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Shoren posted:

So it finally happened. The sea is a cruel, cruel mistress :negative:

To be fair, Law and even Reiju have been showing him up for the last few years. He got a moment to shine in Zou, but he really needs to step up his game.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pirate Docking Six is back just this time it's a kingdom.

Also Minks can all use electricity?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Radish posted:

Pirate Docking Six is back just this time it's a kingdom.

Also Minks can all use electricity?

Yep, all minks can use it. It's called "electro" and we're not sure where it comes from yet.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

Yep, all minks can use it. It's called "electro" and we're not sure where it comes from yet.

Rubbing their feet on the carpet.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, my bet is "fur = static electricity" or something silly like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm happy that the new chapter came out early! :neckbeard:

It's interesting that we finally get to see Sanji's dad. I'm betting this will be the one of the very rare occasions that Sanji breaks his "no-fists" rule to just slug him in the face, Sanji really seems to hate the guy a lot.