Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:kimchi:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That's absolutely brilliant.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's fantastic.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Why do I know that Cuebone wears the skull of his dead mother?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That makes me kinda sad, because you can just see people not getting it, going in, and leaving cute dogges behind because they can't level (?) them or keep them on their phone and this was all a huge waste of their time. *keeps staring at phone for 4 hours*

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That makes me kinda sad, because you can just see people not getting it, going in, and leaving cute dogges behind because they can't level (?) them or keep them on their phone and this was all a huge waste of their time. *keeps staring at phone for 4 hours*

In my experience you might have some people like that but a lot of people aren't aware that you can volunteer to walk dogs for a shelter.

It's a clever volunteer recruitment tool, and whoever did that is pretty saavy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, gently caress me, I didn't even get OR know that. My immediate thought was that they were looking for people to adopt those dogs. The more you know.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Great ad, need more people helping shelter pups. Only problem is who the gently caress wants to live in Muncie? No one.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

A good idea. However they will be too busy looking at the phone to pick up the dog poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, gently caress me, I didn't even get OR know that. My immediate thought was that they were looking for people to adopt those dogs. The more you know.

I used to volunteer out at the hawaii humane society. All the dogs need walks like all the time it's good if you need a dog fix. They also typically have cat rooms and you can just go play with cats if that's your thing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Gonna tell my girlfriend to suggest that at her job. Dogges win, so what. :kimchi:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Gonna tell my girlfriend to suggest that at her job. Dogges win, so what. :kimchi:

Yeah I sent it to my old boss at the shelter.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The FBI are giving up on the DB Cooper investigation. If the dude is still alive he should step forward imo.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

The labor at shelters is mostly feeding, cleaning up animals piss/poo poo and laundering their bedding. They make you do the lovely grunt work for many months before you get the pleasure of just walking the dogs, or at least that's how it's done at my local animal shelter.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Sergg posted:

The labor at shelters is mostly feeding, cleaning up animals piss/poo poo and laundering their bedding. They make you do the lovely grunt work for many months before you get the pleasure of just walking the dogs, or at least that's how it's done at my local animal shelter.

That's how most nonprofits in general work. You have idealistic volunteers who join on hoping to get some of that carrot, and instead have to do whatever menial chore the fulltimers don't want to do. Because if you had the fulltimers doing it all the time with what most nonprofits pay, you would never have any staff.

We used to get that all the time at the homeless shelter I briefly worked for a few years ago. Get volunteers who want to feed the homeless!!!! thinking it's going to be like a photo op with a ladel and a smile. No, you're going to help prepare six hundred meals over the next three hours, then you're going to spend another two cleaning up. Because the cook that we pay 14k/year isn't going to.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Our homeless and animal shelters here have all their grunt work done by inmates from the county jail. They also build the bike paths and remove weeds and trash from the parks

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Return of the mack:newt:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My girlfriend is a vet for a large shelter/humane society. So whenever I volunteer, I do my share of grunt work but I get to walk and play with dogs till pretty much whenever. It's pretty sweet.

Also :lol:,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nicetalga4Meltdown posted:

Return of the mack:newt:

They started too early and I'm burned out on this shitshow election already. Just let me vote not Trump and avoid three more months of nonsense.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/13/us-sends-marines-to-south-sudan-capital-to-protect-citizens.html

:downsa:

I know this doesn't matter to a lot of people but this poo poo is loving banananas.

President = South Sudan's "Legitimate" victors after independence
VP = Rebels' and minority spot in the government

In theory, they're all placated and happy and work together, "cabinet of your opponents" etc.

In reality, the VP and the Pres have their own armies and now they're pissed at each other.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
lol get hosed brady

Here's Bush dancing during the Dallas memorial like he's gone senile already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBf4DCpL1Q4

I like Laura staring at him like "God dammit, George"

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Syncopated posted:

The FBI are giving up on the DB Cooper investigation. If the dude is still alive he should step forward imo.

I think the guy's dead (the guy from Tulsa actually named Cooper), but I'm hoping some Spartacus wannabe or 3 steps up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Slim Pickens posted:

lol get hosed brady

He is loving tanked or has gone full Ronnie.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Or maybe, just maybe, he really enjoyed holding hands with lana kane. I might dance like that too if I was holding hands with the first lady.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think the guy's dead (the guy from Tulsa actually named Cooper), but I'm hoping some Spartacus wannabe or 3 steps up.

i think if you get one over on people the way he did, after, say, five years, you should be granted full immunity for being a badass. not like he killed anyone.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Or maybe he ascribes to the "celebrate life" school of thought instead of "mourn death". Does kind of make you look like an rear end at times though.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Slim Pickens posted:

I like Laura staring at him like "God dammit, George, drunk as a skunk before noon again"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or maybe, just maybe, he really enjoyed holding hands with lana kane. I might dance like that too if I was holding hands with the first lady.

Lana. LANA. LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWHAT

We need to have a serious discussion about race relations in this nation.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Michelle O's face is loving amazing.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Does it strike anybody else as weird to break out your cell phone to take video during a memorial service? The whole thing's already being covered by news cameras, for one thing, and it seems totally inappropriate for the occasion. Maybe not as bad as hunting pokemon in Arlington National Cemetery but still

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Joe is locked right the gently caress up, though. Meaning what's likely happening is he's seeing George and thinking "Oh poo poo, I switched up the fuckin brownies!"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MrYenko posted:

Michelle O's face

Is this the best way to put it?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Slim Pickens posted:

This was bullshit when it got dropped, but god drat if W doesn't keep giving it credibility.

Also, if you think Mike Pence isn't going to be Trump's VP pick then I don't know what to tell you.

If for no other reason, he is another nail in another coffin in the graveyard that is "Why Trump will not be president". The same people who elected him Governor hate the guy.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I thought Gingrich's resignation at Fox indicated he was the pick?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

No. He is being given a different position. Something important like Secretary of State.

Pence is the VP.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36786065

Trump calling for the Notorious RBG to resign for saying she'll move to New Zealand if he's elected. Guy is just about as good at taking criticism as Erdogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm a :newt:-believer until the bitter end. Reason and logic matter not to me. I want to mine the moon.

• Locked thread