Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
How anyone sees a news link from a .co.uk domain and doesn't immediately treat it with skepticism bordering on derision is something I'm having trouble figuring out

It's not an undiagnosed tumor on the kid's hypothalamus or an issue of packing the letters for the banner in the wrong order, it's a tabloid journalist fishing for pageviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Raygereio posted:

How well your body can handle heat varies from person to person, depending on factors like metabolic rate, body shape, etc.Also in general the more humid the climate, the warmer the actual temperature feels.
Maybe you live somewhere that tends to have a dry heat and/or have a high tolerance for heat. But over here in the Netherlands, I'd probably be sweating all over if I'm wearing something like long sleeved uniform at 25+ degrees Celsius.

The gently caress is a Celsius

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm in the mid-Atlantic, and my makeup practically melted off my face by the time I got to work today. I wasn't even really sweating, the air itself is wet.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Data Graham posted:

Since moving to New York it has not stopped infuriating me that I can leave out an opened can of almonds, with the lid on, for like a week before they start turning loving gummy and soft. What in the actual hell, almonds do not do that.

I....what? What kind of mutant almonds are you buying? I live in NYC and do not have almond probs. Perhaps you have an almond-hating ghost? Or your overly negative POV is causing your food to spoil, just like that one Japanese scientist said it would?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I came in from a walk a few days ago and was amazed at how hot and sweaty I was, even though the felt temperature was only like 85 and I'm acclimated to Florida weather. Turns out the humidity was 78%. It's seriously like a sauna.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

radiatinglines posted:

The 80s are nothing, it hovers around 100 for like 3 and a half months straight in Dallas. I have no ac where I work and it's 95 degrees right now.

poo poo a couple years ago here in Texas we had a solid two-month period where it never went below 100.

80 is positively cool.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

How anyone sees a news link from a .co.uk domain and doesn't immediately treat it with skepticism bordering on derision is something I'm having trouble figuring out

Depends. BBC, fine. Guardian or times, factual if slightly biased. Most others, trash.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I came in from a walk a few days ago and was amazed at how hot and sweaty I was, even though the felt temperature was only like 85 and I'm acclimated to Florida weather. Turns out the humidity was 78%. It's seriously like a sauna.

78% isn't that high for humidity, at least not in places where it actually gets humid in the summer. We routinely get days with 100% humidity here.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

78% isn't that high for humidity, at least not in places where it actually gets humid in the summer. We routinely get days with 100% humidity here.

*in rick voice*

When this baby hits

*belch*

*mumbles*

you're gonna see some serious

*falls over*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Since I started this whole weather thing I guess I'll throw out my absolute worst type. It's 100% humidity at 32 degrees F. If it starts "raining" it's literally like breathing a snowcone. The water in the air just hovering between freezing and humditiy. You add freezing rain to that poo poo show and you basically got the feeling of walking to work through a frozen pond.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I....what? What kind of mutant almonds are you buying? I live in NYC and do not have almond probs. Perhaps you have an almond-hating ghost? Or your overly negative POV is causing your food to spoil, just like that one Japanese scientist said it would?

You might be right, it could be my attitude. Must be a New York thing. :v:

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
TEMPCHAT IS THE GREATEST

No but really I grew up in Montana where it'd go from 110 in the summers to -30 in the winters on a bad year, but the humidity would keep sub-10% and it was never that bad either way. Then I move to Illinois and it gets to seventy five degrees here and I want to die.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

my grandad got exposed to about 1600 degress the other day, but he didn't complain.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

*runs in, panting and sweaty*

GUYS ITS LIKE ELEVENTY BILLION HERE WITH HUNDRED PERCENT HUMIDITY. HA MY WEATHER IS WORSE THAN YOURS HA

In other news, the Philippines elected an actual gangster to be the president office. In a completely predictable turn of events, he's started advocating for people to murder drug users/drug dealers. I'm sure that the extrajudicial killings will be reasoned and totally not about petty vengeance, no sir.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Attitude Indicator posted:

my grandad got exposed to about 1600 degress the other day, but he didn't complain.

Well, no-one ashed for his feelings on the matter, did they?

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Schadenfreude Thread: So, how's the weather there?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A White Guy posted:

GUYS ITS LIKE ELEVENTY BILLION HERE WITH HUNDRED PERCENT HUMIDITY. HA MY WEATHER IS WORSE THAN YOURS HA

In other news, the Philippines elected an actual gangster to be the president office. In a completely predictable turn of events, he's started advocating for people to murder drug users/drug dealers. I'm sure that the extrajudicial killings will be reasoned and totally not about petty vengeance, no sir.

Uhhh, what the gently caress Philippines?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's pretty hot in the Philippines

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A White Guy posted:

I want to visit the Philipines in the next year or so, how will this affect my travel plans?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I want to visit the Philipines in the next year or so, how will this affect my travel plans?

Are you a drug dealer?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nope!

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

A White Guy posted:

Is this the same dude that was like "I've killed like 3 people since I took office as mayor"?

edit: yup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tebans1dOYo

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Scruff McGruff posted:

Is this the same dude that was like "I've killed like 3 people since I took office as mayor"?

edit: yup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tebans1dOYo

Also the same guy who complained that he was not invited to join the gang rape of an Australian missionary.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Do you plan on bagging drug dealers?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Do you plan on bagging drug dealers?

Well....if it gets me a medal.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Some personal schadenfreude: I found out my ex-stepdad, who was a wife beating sonuvabitch, is now stuck in a cheapass nursing home, sharing a room with seven other people. He rarely gets visitors and his legs have stopped working. Also, he can't play his prized guitar collection because there is nowhere for him to store them onsite :smugdog:

My justice boner has been a diamond cutter all loving day ever since I heard this.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

-Troika- posted:

Some personal schadenfreude: I found out my ex-stepdad, who was a wife beating sonuvabitch, is now stuck in a cheapass nursing home, sharing a room with seven other people. He rarely gets visitors and his legs have stopped working. Also, he can't play his prized guitar collection because there is nowhere for him to store them onsite :smugdog:

My justice boner has been a diamond cutter all loving day ever since I heard this.

-Troika- posted:

How do you collect damages from a homeless person who's only form of income is social security disability payments? Are they just basically immune to civil suits?

-Troika- posted:

Update on the homeless guy who I wanted to enforce a judgement on: I found out he had a storage locker and got a lien on the contents :smugdog:
May you be your stepfather's son.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

-Troika- posted:

You sound well adjusted and not petty and weird at all.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Anyone who is surprised or shocked by the Philippines doing that doesn't know a single thing about the Philippines.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

-Troika- posted:

Youre my kinda guy.

Except youre white so your life is worthless.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

living well is the best revenge

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-WPGZax-W4

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWJ36cHRV5A

behead those who film in portrait

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

yes let's film a standing subject in widescreen for no loving reason

portrait mode owns for videos like this

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

radiatinglines posted:

living well is the best revenge

quoting for truth

i'll be served cold

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

-Troika- posted:

More like a quarks cutter

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

You sound well adjusted and not petty and weird at all.

I'm not a fan of holding long-term grudges (it's a waste of time/bad for your health) but I'm pretty sure really hating someone who beat your mom is not "petty".

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

The Locator posted:

But.. but... it's a dry heat!

That was on June 19th of this year at about 2:30pm. :v:

It never ceases to amaze me the stupid places people choose to live. "OK, this here is open desert, with no potable water for a billion miles in any direction. The temperature routinely reaches levels that will kill you on the walk between your car and your front door. The vegetation consists of inedible scrub, and the wildlife is made up of big-horned sheep and poisonous arachnids. We've pre-sold 10,000 units. We break ground, tomorrow."

I lived in Las Vegas until this past January, but that's different somehow.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Centripetal Horse posted:

It never ceases to amaze me the stupid places people choose to live. "OK, this here is open desert, with no potable water for a billion miles in any direction. The temperature routinely reaches levels that will kill you on the walk between your car and your front door. The vegetation consists of inedible scrub, and the wildlife is made up of big-horned sheep and poisonous arachnids. We've pre-sold 10,000 units. We break ground, tomorrow."

I lived in Las Vegas until this past January, but that's different somehow.

Animals have migration programmed into their tiny brains

Butterflies and capistrano swallows and hummingbirds (who knows how) migrate along with the hateful canada goose

Human beings stick to where they are, with our tiny brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
More on the steam gambling fiasco where idiots on YouTube didn't think it was a problem that they were promoting the Counter strike gambling websites that they also happened to own: Valve has decided they like the money they're making from this slightly less than they hate being sued for facilitating children getting into gambling, and are shutting them all down.

They're not saying how they'll shut it down, but I assume it's going to be trivial for them. The schaden is on the idiots who got exposed who couldn't keep their hands out of the till, because I'm pretty sure Valve were happy to let this fly under the radar while no one was talking about it, as they were getting 15% of each transaction.