Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So many possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm going to write a 150 page novella telling the tale of the man not being allowed to go downtown. Spoilers: it will refer to both the hip part of his small midwestern city and taking the next step in his coming of age.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

My husband [34M] bought a house without telling me [27F] and now expects us to live in it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I've had enough of his bullshit patriarchal values.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

My husband [34M] bought a house without telling me [27F] and now expects us to live in it

I remember this subplot from The Office

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No but seriously I hope she's just angsting about moving out of the big city, because with her in her late 20s and him in his mid 30s that kind of makes sense

If it's not that then yeah that is the most white-person problem I've ever heard

e: come to think of it it's the most white-person problem I've ever heard in either case. "waaaah, I'm a property owner now :cry:"

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 13, 2016

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

loquacius posted:

No but seriously I hope she's just angsting about moving out of the big city, because with her in her late 20s and him in his mid 30s that kind of makes sense

If it's not that then yeah that is the most white-person problem I've ever heard

e: come to think of it it's the most white-person problem I've ever heard in either case. "waaaah, I'm a property owner now :cry:"

It is insanely hosed up to make what is likely a six figure purchase, probably via a mortgage i.e. a thirty year debt obligation, without consulting your spouse. It's not like a thoughtful husband picked up a cute little house on his way home from work and his picky bitch of a wife didn't like the color.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

loquacius posted:

If my wife decided to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a place she expected me to live in, I'd expect to at least be consulted on the matter before the papers are signed. She didn't even get to look. The (too boring to post) OP says the house seems lovely and is going to create tons of work for her and he kept it from her because he knew she'd be opposed to it. That's a huge insane dealbreaker to me. If I were her I wouldn't move in, they can eat the closing costs and sell it immediately instead. :shrug:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

If my wife decided to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a place she expected me to live in, I'd expect to at least be consulted on the matter before the papers are signed. She didn't even get to look. The (too boring to post) OP says the house seems lovely and is going to create tons of work for her and he kept it from her because he knew she'd be opposed to it. That's a huge insane dealbreaker to me. If I were her I wouldn't move in, they can eat the closing costs and sell it immediately instead. :shrug:

I, too, remember this subplot from Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Did I marry a fat pedo?

Throwaway for very obvoius reasons...

We live in a decent neighborhood in Tucson, AZ. We've never had any issues until last night two police with the neighbor showed up at our door demanding to talk to my husband.

The short of it is, thier daughter (15 or 16) had a pool party yesterday and they claim that they repeatedly caught my husband peering over the wall at them. They even very obviously got him on an iPhone pic just as he was ducking down after supposedly looking at them for several minutes. The police showed is the pic and it's pretty damning.

My husband claims that he was trimming our bushes and was moving all over the yard, not just staying in one spot. He showed the police the branches he'd trimmed that he'd stacked in the side yard. The police more or less believed his story but left with a stern warning that they better not have to come out on this again. The neighbor was not so convinced and they said they would be contacting our HOA tomorrow (now today).

This is the problem, my husband is extremely overweight and since he lost his job 18 months ago he hasn't lifted a finger to help me with the house, much less the yard. In fact I would suspect except for yesterday he hasn't been in our backyard in a year. He did trim some branches yesterday but there was no cohenernt plan to his work, in fact it looks like he cut off enough to make his excuse plausible.

The police and neighbor did not ask for my opinion on the matter since I wasn't a witness and I didn't speak up to say that his explanation isn't very plausible but even if I did I think the legality on this is he really didn't do anything legally wrong because thier yard is in line of sight of our yard and (God forbid) he didn't take any pictures or expose himself. So this is totally a relationship question.

We had great times and every time I think of leaving him, I think back to the sweet, smart athletic guy I met in college. Not who he has become in the last two years. What happened yesterday is pretty damning and my head tells me that this should be it. Although he denies any accusation yesterday He's been repeating over and over that this is the event that he needs to change as he doesn't want to be the creepy fat guy in the neighborhood even if he didn't do it. And he wants to start trying to have kids which has been my dream since we got together but he never wanted to until last night.

There are so many red flags here and I don't want to be stupid but my heart and head are telling me different things. Which is why I'm here.

tl;dr: Husband was accused of peeping at our teenage neighbor yesterday. His explanation is very unlikely and i don't know what I should do as far as our relationship goes.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

husband's lucky he didn't trim his boner while he was rush cutting the bushes

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

The house apparently has to be completely gutted, and she already told him she didn't want to live in a reno. So he basically purposefully did this while she was away so she couldn't object. Kinda hosed up imo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I suppose in my mental image of that post's backstory I was assuming that the husband had some idea of how to purchase property which in retrospect is not an assumption I should have made

LoG posted:

Did I marry a fat pedo?

ok which of you is this

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

LoG posted:

We had great times and every time I think of leaving him, I think back to the sweet, smart athletic guy I met in college. Not who he has become in the last two years. What happened yesterday is pretty damning and my head tells me that this should be it. Although he denies any accusation yesterday He's been repeating over and over that this is the event that he needs to change as he doesn't want to be the creepy fat guy in the neighborhood even if he didn't do it. And he wants to start trying to have kids which has been my dream since we got together but he never wanted to until last night.
Yes, this sounds like the absolute perfect time in your relationship to have that kid you always wanted.

client
Aug 19, 2010

loquacius posted:

ok which of you is this

lol if you think anyone in gbs was athletic in college or really at any point

Khorne
May 1, 2002

loquacius posted:

ok which of you is this
I dunno but posts where the op sounds just as damaged/more damaged than the person they are slamming are hilarious.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

LoG posted:

Did I marry a fat pedo?

Throwaway for very obvoius reasons...

We live in a decent neighborhood in Tucson, AZ. We've never had any issues until last night two police with the neighbor showed up at our door demanding to talk to my husband.

The short of it is, thier daughter (15 or 16) had a pool party yesterday and they claim that they repeatedly caught my husband peering over the wall at them. They even very obviously got him on an iPhone pic just as he was ducking down after supposedly looking at them for several minutes. The police showed is the pic and it's pretty damning.

My husband claims that he was trimming our bushes and was moving all over the yard, not just staying in one spot. He showed the police the branches he'd trimmed that he'd stacked in the side yard. The police more or less believed his story but left with a stern warning that they better not have to come out on this again. The neighbor was not so convinced and they said they would be contacting our HOA tomorrow (now today).

This is the problem, my husband is extremely overweight and since he lost his job 18 months ago he hasn't lifted a finger to help me with the house, much less the yard. In fact I would suspect except for yesterday he hasn't been in our backyard in a year. He did trim some branches yesterday but there was no cohenernt plan to his work, in fact it looks like he cut off enough to make his excuse plausible.

The police and neighbor did not ask for my opinion on the matter since I wasn't a witness and I didn't speak up to say that his explanation isn't very plausible but even if I did I think the legality on this is he really didn't do anything legally wrong because thier yard is in line of sight of our yard and (God forbid) he didn't take any pictures or expose himself. So this is totally a relationship question.

There are so many red flags here and I don't want to be stupid but my heart and head are telling me different things. Which is why I'm here.

tl;dr: Husband was accused of peeping at our teenage neighbor yesterday. His explanation is very unlikely and i don't know what I should do as far as our relationship goes.

This is why you don't marry a chad :c00lbert:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Everything was really good before this. We have been living together for about two years now and we dated for ayers before that. We've been wanting to get married soon and we went and picked out an engagement ring together but I don't know if he's bought it yet or when he plans to propose. Since this he's decided to start "testing" me to see if I will be a good wife and mom. His little tests are completely ridiculous and I don't feel that they are at all indicative of what kind of partner I am or parent I will be.

Some examples:

He glued my toothpaste tube shut to see if I would brush my teeth at night and hid my floss to see how long it would take me to ask about where it is. I have perfect teeth and I take really good care of them so I don't know why he fixates on this.

He purposely leaves stuff behind and is testing if I saw what he left and got it for him/reminded him. If I didn't see he left something he says I'm going to forget our kid one day. I watched him put his phone on the picnic table and when we walked away he had his eyes on it so I didn't say anything and then he gave me trouble for it.

He asked me to make breakfast but then when I gave it to him he said "didn't you notice that the milk expires today? Are you going to give your kids expired milk? I can't eat this." He knew the expiration date and knew it was all the milk we had but sill decided to ask me to make him scrambled eggs using it just so he could test me. Also it wasn't even expired yet.

When I took a sick day from work he hid the HDMI to see if I would ask him for it then told me I was being lazy for watching tv which means I'll be a lazy mom and wife.

He tests me sexually as well. I've always had sex with him even if I'm not in the mood but now he's trying to push me into BDSM type stuff without discussing it first and he tells me if I won't do it with him someone else will, which is probably true.

I could go on forever but I hope you get the picture. He does several of these tests a day. How do I get him to stop? Telling him how annoying and rude it is has gotten me nowhere.

tl;dr: my boyfriend does things to test me several times a day to assess if I will be a good wife and mom.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Story aside, I'm trying to imagine how you can get "pretty damning evidence" out of a single still-frame photo of someone who has most of their body obscured by a fence.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Gaunab posted:

This is why you don't marry a chad :c00lbert:

that man need some pokemango in his rountine

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Story aside, I'm trying to imagine how you can get "pretty damning evidence" out of a single still-frame photo of someone who has most of their body obscured by a fence.

From the story it made it seem like the police had a copy of the photo the husband took somehow? Or maybe they were like 'well let's see your phone then' and there's a clear creeper photo on there of some 16 year old girls?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Everything was really good before this. We have been living together for about two years now and we dated for ayers before that. We've been wanting to get married soon and we went and picked out an engagement ring together but I don't know if he's bought it yet or when he plans to propose. Since this he's decided to start "testing" me to see if I will be a good wife and mom. His little tests are completely ridiculous and I don't feel that they are at all indicative of what kind of partner I am or parent I will be.

Some examples:

He glued my toothpaste tube shut to see if I would brush my teeth at night and hid my floss to see how long it would take me to ask about where it is. I have perfect teeth and I take really good care of them so I don't know why he fixates on this.

He purposely leaves stuff behind and is testing if I saw what he left and got it for him/reminded him. If I didn't see he left something he says I'm going to forget our kid one day. I watched him put his phone on the picnic table and when we walked away he had his eyes on it so I didn't say anything and then he gave me trouble for it.

He asked me to make breakfast but then when I gave it to him he said "didn't you notice that the milk expires today? Are you going to give your kids expired milk? I can't eat this." He knew the expiration date and knew it was all the milk we had but sill decided to ask me to make him scrambled eggs using it just so he could test me. Also it wasn't even expired yet.

When I took a sick day from work he hid the HDMI to see if I would ask him for it then told me I was being lazy for watching tv which means I'll be a lazy mom and wife.

He tests me sexually as well. I've always had sex with him even if I'm not in the mood but now he's trying to push me into BDSM type stuff without discussing it first and he tells me if I won't do it with him someone else will, which is probably true.

I could go on forever but I hope you get the picture. He does several of these tests a day. How do I get him to stop? Telling him how annoying and rude it is has gotten me nowhere.

tl;dr: my boyfriend does things to test me several times a day to assess if I will be a good wife and mom.

lmao

Not flossing every night? Bad mom.

Using milk past the printed date? Bad mom.

Watch TV on a day off? Bad mom.

Won't consent to being bound and gagged? Bad mom.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Moridin920 posted:

From the story it made it seem like the police had a copy of the photo the husband took somehow? Or maybe they were like 'well let's see your phone then' and there's a clear creeper photo on there of some 16 year old girls?

The husband didn't take a photo, the neighbors did. Although if he had taken a photo that would've made the story alot more compelling.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LoG posted:

Did I marry a fat pedo?

So how many Redditors jumped in with an "actually he would be an ephebophile :spergin:"?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It strikes me that the majority of relationship-dilemma posts where the SO is doing something stupid and won't stop when asked can be answered with "you need to sit down, take some time, and honestly assess whether this is a deal-breaker, and if it is, do what must be done"

like, you could C&P that into basically anything and it'd be the right answer 99% of the time, from le meme girl to Trump guy to fat lazy kidpeeper husband to S&M Test guy

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

loquacius posted:

It strikes me that the majority of relationship-dilemma posts where the SO is doing something stupid and won't stop when asked can be answered with "you need to sit down, take some time, and honestly assess whether this is a deal-breaker, and if it is, do what must be done"

like, you could C&P that into basically anything and it'd be the right answer 99% of the time, from le meme girl to Trump guy to fat lazy kidpeeper husband to S&M Test guy

I mean, if they feel the need to post about it on the internet, that's a pretty good benchmark of a hosed up relationship.

Normal people in healthy relationships don't post on redditand expectto have a problem fixed.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Mordja posted:

So how many Redditors jumped in with an "actually he would be an ephebophile :spergin:"?

Sorry, I added that line in myself. The original title was not as funny.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

that's a lot to write with just one hand

Goddamn, I just started this thread, and I'm six pages late, but I doubled over with laughter at this.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

loquacius posted:

Except they won't listen to that. They are hoping that someone posts "You're overreacting and just need to do this one small thing to save your relationship." If they could listen to reason, they wouldn't be cowardly asking the internet what to do about the fact that they've already been dating a horrible garbage dump of a human being for far too long.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LoG posted:

Sorry, I added that line in myself. The original title was not as funny.

Sure, but still.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol

quote:

- He glued my toothpaste tube shut to see if I would brush my teeth at night and hid my floss to see how long it would take me to ask about where it is. I have perfect teeth and I take really good care of them so I don't know why he fixates on this.

- He purposely leaves stuff behind and is testing if I saw what he left and got it for him/reminded him. If I didn't see he left something he says I'm going to forget our kid one day. I watched him put his phone on the picnic table and when we walked away he had his eyes on it so I didn't say anything and then he gave me trouble for it.

- He asked me to make breakfast but then when I gave it to him he said "didn't you notice that the milk expires today? Are you going to give your kids expired milk? I can't eat this." He knew the expiration date and knew it was all the milk we had but sill decided to ask me to make him scrambled eggs using it just so he could test me. Also it wasn't even expired yet.

- When I took a sick day from work he hid the HDMI to see if I would ask him for it then told me I was being lazy for watching tv which means I'll be a lazy mom and wife.
-

girl have some self respect and dignity and dump that bitch

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Dreddout posted:

I mean, if they feel the need to post about it on the internet, that's a pretty good benchmark of a hosed up relationship.

Normal people in healthy relationships don't post on redditand expectto have a problem fixed.

I think most people who do posts are just looking for validation in situations where it might feel embarrassing to admit to real world friends how you've been wronged or what you've put up with for so long, a lot of goons making fun of these people basically laugh at them for having no self respect and I think the people posting these stories are aware of that and are too ashamed to talk to friends/families about being a total doormat.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Awesome find, moridin!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Awesome find, moridin!

you bitch

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alright:

quote:

My dad [48M] asked me [13F] if he could see my breasts?

quote:

Then, last night, my dad asked me if he could take a look at my boobs because he thought something was wrong. I don't know why he would think that. I do have one minor breast issue, but I already discussed that with my mom and found out it was just normal. Which means my sister must of told him I had that problem because I never tell him anything personal.

I live in the kind of house where everyone is expected to be open with each other. Not just emotionally, but physically too. I'm talking about how my sister and dad don't close the bathroom door when using the bathroom. I would like to, but they get all suspious if I do.

It makes me really uncomfortable, but I never told them this because it would make me even more uncomfortable to talk about it, so I always kept it to myself. I've tried to talk about this to my best friend, but she only said "that's TMI! I don't want to know that!". So I don't really have anyone to talk to about it.

My dad and sister also just walk into the bathroom randomly when we're busy using it. Also, my sister and I share a room but there's no bedroom door to close, which also makes me uncomfortable.

And my dad doesn't like it when I get changed in the bathroom (which is the only place I have any chance at all to close the door) instead of in my room, where we have no door to close.

My sister doesn't mind this, but I really find this uncomfortable. My dad will also sometimes grab my leg and playfully shake it, I will tell him to stop. But he thinks I'm also just joking around, so he doesn't listen. He also does this with my arms, hands, feet, etc. Not my 'private areas' though, which is good.

Then yesterday night, he had asked me to show him my breasts for his own concerns. I refused and started crying and yelling at him to leave me alone since he was making me so uncomfortable.

He kept asking to see them until I told him I had already talked to my mom about it. Then he finally left me alone.

I have never been more uncomfortable in my entire life...Is it bad that I feel so uncomfortable? Should I just forget about it? Should I tell someone? What should I do?!

tl;dr: I'mstuck living with my dad and last night he asked if he could see my breasts because he though something was wrong. He wouldn't stop asking until I told him I had already discussed the issue with my mom, and I have never felt more uncomfortable in my life. What should I do?

lol

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 13, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Alright:

lol

moridin leave your daughter alone

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Some examples:

Jesus goddamn christ. You'd think at the end of typing this out, one would have the inclination to say, "welp I guess this person is a psychopath. Better not marry him/her"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

el B posted:

Jesus goddamn christ. You'd think at the end of typing this out, one would have the inclination to say, "welp I guess this person is a psychopath. Better not marry him/her"

*glues your toothpaste shut*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
indian jonpop spotted

(OP is not Indian it bears mentioning)

quote:

My[23m] Indian[23m] friend freaked out when I brought an Indian girl[21f] home saying that men like me are causing all of the problems in Indian households.

quote:

That night we all went back to Raj's apartment after the bars closed, and I rbought back Sathi. We go inside the apartment things are pretty chill, Sathi is pretty close to me and is rubbing my chest. We all start talking and this is where Raj starts to get upset.

He tells me “were there no White girls out tonight” it was a really wierd question. I told him it was a diverse crowd and I bagged up this Eastern hottie (Sathi). Things start getting wierder I go to use the bathroom, and when I come back Sathi and Raj are talking but it is just about their majors and all. I didn’t take anything of it, I see Raj is upset but I don’t know I took it as he didn’t bring anyone home and was feeling jealous.

Whatever, so I sleep in the room next to his and me and Sathi get it on. I don’t know why but Sathi is loud but nothing that loud, and in the morning we have sex a couple more times. WE all go out to some breakfast place and he basically freaks out. Says he is tired of this and needs to leave. When we ask why, he tells me men like me are ruining the Indian community.

Because all of the Indian girls are sleeping with us not Indian guys.
I didn’t even understand it since most Indian people I have seen are with other Indian spouses. Even when I was talking to Sathi she told me flat out that she would probably marry an Indian guy when she looks to settle down.

Instead he starts getting visibly upset, and I can almost see tears. He leaves, we get back to his place, but he doesnt’ want to talk. I don’t know what to do. I have brought girls back before, and he has never cared. Why does the fact that I brought an Indian girl make it so much worse? He isn’t even culturally Indian like that, he was born in America etc.

He is a good friend of mine and I want us to have a good friendship. But right now things are odd. What can I do to fix this?

tl;dr- went out partying with some friends. Ended up with my good Indian friend about to cry because I slept with an Indian girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I [18F] am deathly allergic to my younger brother [5M] kitten. Think his Dad [40sM] is encouraging him to poison me.

• Locked thread