Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So haste doesn't effect reload it's Master Crafted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Haste may affect reload speed when its active (I am not clear on that), but obviously haste is going to be active a very small amount of the time. You want Master Crafted.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Master-Crafted is essential. Skull Cracker and Hail of Doom both increase your chance of one-shotting specials if you miss the headshot, but that's a luxury.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im thibking of buying this but how actibe are goons? An as a new player cna i hop into a grp of you guys if your all hella high level?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Gear (=level) doesn't matter all that much. As soon as you've got a solid understanding of the game, you can hold your own on Nightmare.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Finally got dual oranges on my dwarf. I'm eager to parry up in the big boy leagues

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

An axe and a grudge raker, right

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Great hammer and handgun. I haven't been able to get a anything grudge raker

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ranald smiled upon me and gave me an orange halberd. Took a game or two to get used to the timing but I think I can safely say it's overpowered. It hits 2 rats per hit, but the first one takes enough damage to one shot a nightmare clan rat, all while swinging as fast or slightly faster than an axe. That makes it objectively better than the axe by far, which is not good.

The thing is it doesn't feel overpowered in a game breaking way, just like it's objectively better than another weapon, which obviously shouldn't be the case. I'd like to see them do a balance pass over a lot of the weapons they've ignored since release, like the axe, hammer, sword, blunderbuss, swiftbow, etc. Those weapons simply do not perform as well as others and I think they should be brought up to par.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What's the damage boost like for Off Balance? My halberd got it next to more stamina and bloodlust which are really good so I figured I'd try it out. Is it significant and long lasting enough to be worth coordinating against roger? Where player with Off Balance blocks him, everyone throws their bombs. Also does the bonus only apply to teammates or is that just a wording thing?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

DOOMDWARF has ripped and torn 1249 rats tonight

it is a good night for DOOMDWARF

high six
Feb 6, 2010

Waroduce posted:

Im thibking of buying this but how actibe are goons? An as a new player cna i hop into a grp of you guys if your all hella high level?

I still play a lot. Play with me. Pickup stupidity is driving me insane.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

up periscope

I love that there is a reproducible way to make this happen

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Digirat posted:

up periscope

I love that there is a reproducible way to make this happen

And it is......?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
By being ridiculously awesome!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Find a rat whose head has been pinned to the wall with an arrow, then blow up its head

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

precisely how big of a boom do you need

will a handgun or something suffice or do you require a bomb

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The hammer works fine so presumably a gun works too

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Are you freaks sitting around beating dead rats or some poo poo

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I used to get accused of that.

Ok I should probably elaborate: people accused me of hitting corpses a lot and that it was why I had more kills/damage than the rest of the team combined. Needless to say, it wasn't true.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 9, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

el dingo posted:

Are you freaks sitting around beating dead rats or some poo poo

What, you don't use your hammer to sweep piles of rat corpses off a cliff? The ragdolls don't turn off and that's a feature that should be treasured

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Lunethex posted:

I used to get accused of that.

Ok I should probably elaborate: people accused me of hitting corpses a lot and that it was why I had more kills/damage than the rest of the team combined. Needless to say, it wasn't true.

I'm pretty sure you straight up told me that is why your damage values were so high...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You can reach high damage numbers with any character if you play hard enough. Attacking corpses and teammates adds to the damage value at the scoreboard but it isn't why mine is up there. That would be the body count.

Here's what a run a week back looks like with Glaive + Hagbane. Way higher than what I accomplished regularly with the Red S&D.

And a run with the Hammer + Handgun on Kruber

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 10, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the elf is overpowered and i dislike her in my parties because she is not fun to listen to or play with

no lune for the billionth loving time this assertion has nothing to do with you

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The game crashing under an hour every time I play is overpowered.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Look, a game with ragdolls this good makes it impossible to not beat up on the corpses. They just go flying so drat nicely!

Also I notice that contracts FreeLC made it out this mont- Oh, wait...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Also I notice that contracts FreeLC made it out this mont- Oh, wait...

They haven't said anything, were you referring to something else? Fatshark, few weeks back, basically admitted they threw their hands up in the air about the solstice event and buggered off and have essentially pulled out of the community for the time being.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Coolguye posted:

the elf is overpowered and i dislike her in my parties because she is not fun to listen to or play with

no lune for the billionth loving time this assertion has nothing to do with you

I like that they make the elf unabashedly a jerk and she has some funny banter in my opinion, but she is really overpowered. I can usually put up good numbers even with sns kruber, but elf players always lead the pack. Unless they're really doing it wrong (like the elf players that run off to try and solo everything and end up dying).

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lunethex posted:

They haven't said anything, were you referring to something else? Fatshark, few weeks back, basically admitted they threw their hands up in the air about the solstice event and buggered off and have essentially pulled out of the community for the time being.

They mentioned they had delayed the contracts DLC from May to June and obviously it's taking longer than they thought still. Shame because that's one of the things I'm looking forward to most since it gives you a little more control over the loot.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So there's a guaranteed way to kill roger provided you have a bomb and you fight him in the right place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KygX2-dYIg

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Help I can't stop

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I played a nightmare game with some high levels then they wanted to do cataclysm which I've never done before. I threw a fire bomb w strength potion at a group of storm and killed two of my team mates :negative:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

FastestGunAlive posted:

I threw a fire bomb w strength potion at a group of storm and killed two of my team mates :negative:

Why :negative:

That's worth a :getin: in my book. As long as they were pubbies.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

So is Krueber ever not just tall dwarf? Hammer and handgun seem like their signature weapons. I just got the repeater for him, but I don't know much about his weapons.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

they fill the same niches but they do them differently and frequently in cool ways. kruber's repeater handgun is pretty good, it fills the same general niche as the grudge raker but it does it differently. both are perfectly functional. Kruber's maul works better than bardin's because kruber actually has arms (but both are functional), bardin's weapon/shield combo works better because axe/shield has a near infinite charge attack while kruber's sword/shield combo has a noticeable delay every 3 strikes (but again, both are perfectly functional). their handguns are identical. kruber is uniquely kruber when he is using his maul and his repeater handgun - bardin can't really keep up with how much kruber throws rats around with his maul, and kruber's repeater handgun is loving hilarious for dismantling charging swarms, especially if the weapon has Rupture.

they are different, but they're different in subtle ways that aren't necessarily immediately obvious. they could probably use to be a bit different from one another, but they fill such an important niche in a team it's not a bad idea to have some duplication there in case you have some rear end in a top hat like me on your team that insists upon playing DOOMDWARF.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kruber's Zweihander is also much better at killing shitloads of rats (though not keeping them under control like the hammer) than Bardin's much more compromise-like heavy axe. Like, the zweihander isn't very good against heavy targets or single targets but block-push-sweep with it will get you through many troubles.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lunethex posted:

Why :negative:

That's worth a :getin: in my book. As long as they were pubbies.

Because I'm newb and panicked.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What weapons are good against the rat ogre? Like in general. I'm not sure what is peoples' good options against that thing, it's easier to figure out what owns a bunch of trash mobs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rapier, hatchet (lol), everything the elf has besides the dual swords, hammer, 2h axe, 1h mace, hagbane, repeater pistol, repeater rifle, brace of pistols, volley crossbow, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

DOOMDWARF.
Tell of this DOOMDWARF build. Grudge raker and?

• Locked thread