Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The numbers he's blogging about are internal projections from Enviroment Canada and are based on specific programs that end in those years. If the current Liberal government continues it's current streak it will wait until the very last second to extend all of these programs and funding will remain flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

DariusLikewise posted:

The numbers he's blogging about are internal projections from Enviroment Canada and are based on specific programs that end in those years. If the current Liberal government continues it's current streak it will wait until the very last second to extend all of these programs and funding will remain flat.

thats the biggest load of bullshit

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

I'm just glad we didn't end up with Mulcair's secret ~~~ austerity agenda ~~~

Fluffy Chainsaw
Jul 6, 2016

I'm likely a pissant middle manager who pisses off IT with worthless requests. There is no content within my posts other than a garbage act akin to a know-it-all, which likely is how I behave in real life. It's really hard for me to comprehend how much I am hated by everyone.

A New Plan For Canada's Environment and Economy indeed.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Rosie dimanno got charged with assault lmao

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

:lol: gently caress the Libs and gently caress all of you who got tricked into voting for them

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
lol just lol if you've ever voted for a party that was later elected

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

A Typical Goon posted:

:same: :hf: :smith:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

RBC posted:

RIP Joe Warmington

https://twitter.com/rdimanno/status/740387097740201985

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
is this more ontario bullshit

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
Just imagine if Joe Warmington did die at the hands of Dimanno, of all people

It'd be like Coyne and Blatchford fighting to the death

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

This tweet is funnier if you read it in the Team America Kim Jong-Il puppet voice. I don't know why. It just works.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

brucio posted:

Just imagine if Joe Warmington did die at the hands of Dimanno, of all people

It'd be like Coyne and Blatchford fighting to the death

Can... can we organize the latter event to happen anyway? For science?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
make it a 3 way with that dumb bitch who's always caught plagiarizing at the globe.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

RBC posted:

https://twitter.com/RDiManno/status/740387097740201985

I wish it was on Warmington but I'm sure it isn't

E: fb

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

namaste faggots posted:

make it a 3 way with that dumb bitch who's always caught plagiarizing at the globe.

How does this happen more than once?! :confused:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

if your bosses care more about exposure than integrity

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I wish real news people were Caesar from The Wire :(

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A Typical Goon posted:

So vote green or ndp is what you're saying

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/smart-meter-bc-hydro-1.3678104

quote:

A B.C. Supreme Court judge has rejected a bid by smart meter opponents to certify a class action lawsuit claiming BC Hydro has installed the controversial devices in violation of personal liberty.

In a 36-page decision, Justice Elaine Adair found there was no way to test key issues raised in the case: whether exposure to smart meters causes biological effects and human harm; and if deciding not to have one on your dwelling is a "fundamental personal choice".

The judge also found a conflict between the groups of people affected by the outcome of the lawsuit, which was driven by the Coalition to Stop Smart Meters and the Citizens for Safe Technology Society.

"The plaintiffs and those who have supported the CSTS and the coalition believe passionately in their position," Adair wrote.

"However, for others, that position simply represents the triumph of groundless hysteria over good science and holds the prospect that BC Hydro's remaining customers will have to pay higher rates. Success for one group would result in failure for the others."

eat poo poo sjws

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What the gently caress why is "exposure to smart meters" a thing that is being discussed as dangerous, what do people think the even do that's different from any other electronic device.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

BattleMaster posted:

What the gently caress why is "exposure to smart meters" a thing that is being discussed as dangerous, what do people think the even do that's different from any other electronic device.

Because their weed-addled hippie brains are defective.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

BattleMaster posted:

Because we have parties like the Greens that legitimize it and the papers give them coverage.

A few years ago, I was in the Province or Vancouver Sun (can't remember) railing against some idiot who was complaining about wireless networks being installed in the VSB. Six years later or something insane like that, I get an e-mail from said idiot with a YouTube linking claiming that microwaves cause cancer or something like that.

They're that loving nuts.

Lain Iwakura fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 14, 2016

Fluffy Chainsaw
Jul 6, 2016

I'm likely a pissant middle manager who pisses off IT with worthless requests. There is no content within my posts other than a garbage act akin to a know-it-all, which likely is how I behave in real life. It's really hard for me to comprehend how much I am hated by everyone.

BattleMaster posted:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

OSI bean dip posted:

They're that loving nuts.

'Tis true. I went to a private school, for a time, that didn't have microwaves and thought that yoga was, to quote, "a necessary life skill."

Once I told my parents those people were loving nuts, I went back to public school. It took, I believe, 3 weeks.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I would understand the fear of smart metre exposure if that was a story from Saskatchewan. Ours had a nasty habit of bursting into flames shortly after they were rolled out a few years ago amid much fanfare.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Maybe they meant that physical flexibility, balance, and breathing control, promoted by activities such as yoga, are necessary skills. Because they are.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

THC posted:

Maybe they meant that physical flexibility, balance, and breathing control, promoted by activities such as yoga, are necessary skills. Because they are.

No, they literally said that yoga was a necessary life skill. I agree that many of the things which are improved by doing yoga are beneficial, but given that I was already under the advisement of a physiotherapist and a doctor concerning my flexibility and balance, I feel that any further benefits of yoga were, in fact, hippie quackery.

But I appreciate your concern, you dunce.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

You seem awfully triggered.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

THC posted:

You seem awfully triggered.

I am, please check your privilege.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

It's unfortunate that magic chakra people have to be like that because yoga is legitimately pretty fun to do and :feelsgood:. Trick is to find a class with an instructor who is not a chakra person.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 14, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Stickarts posted:

I would understand the fear of smart metre exposure if that was a story from Saskatchewan. Ours had a nasty habit of bursting into flames shortly after they were rolled out a few years ago amid much fanfare.

Were they replaced with a slightly dumber model that was more okay with living in Saskatchewan?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

THC posted:

It's unfortunate that magic chakra people have to be like that because yoga is legitimately pretty fun to do and :feelsgood:. Trick is to find a class with an instructor who is not a chakra person.

Oh I agree. Unfortunately, those people put me off what is actually an enjoyable thing when it's being taught by a person who has some loving idea what they're doing, instead of someone who thinks it helps us connect with Mother Earth and also microwaves will kill us all. I don't object to yoga, just to the idea that it is, in any way, a necessary life skill.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

vyelkin posted:

Oh look, Toronto City Council is going to once again debate how to replace the Scarborough LRT.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2016/07/13/city-council-debates-scarborough-subway-extension.html

Reminder that a fully funded 7-stop replacement of the current LRT (costing half as much as the current plan to build a single subway station) would have finished in 2020, but instead we haven't even started work on anything.

I remember the halcyon days of Mayor Rob Ford when he was too much of a dumb loving rear end in a top hat to get city council to do what he wanted.

The votes for that and approving the immensely stupid Scarborough subway extension weren't even close, nearly 2-1 in favour. All council needs is a solemn Family Compact fossil to get behind and they'll approve anything.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 14, 2016

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i lost my job i did yoga after to help with stress and it was awesome :thumbsup:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Ah goodie. I found the dimwit's e-mail:

quote:

Hi [OSI bean dip],

I'm the person who was featured in an article in The Province a few years ago regarding my concern about wi-fi in schools.

I've been wanting to contact you for some time.

Just wanted to know if you were willing to have an unbiased, serious look at this issue? Please know that I have no beef with you - just want to educate as this issue is getting more serious as time goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gisvfVeRpr0

Regards,

Carl Katz

I never met the guy nor contacted him and out of the blue I got an e-mail because I presented a sane, opposing opinion based on facts, reality, physics, and biochemistry.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
This whole wifi equals death thing is people who are butt hurt that smart meters are charging them for electricity accurately, rather than under charging them like the old legacy meters.

Basically gently caress anyone opposed to smart meters.

Fluffy Chainsaw
Jul 6, 2016

Marty Beard, COO, Blackberry posted:

"Our roadmap is completely driven by our customers. We are absolutely not backing away from BB10 because we have a huge amount of customers on BB10 and high expectations from that group." Beard said. Additionally, Beard noted that "The company's never said that we would not build another BB10 device."

Seems unwise. This particular horse is already dead.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-keyboard-here-stay-and-blackberry-has-not-ruled-out-another-blackberry-10-device

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Nobody but lawyers use BlackBerry now. It's always lawyers that use the oldest technology: see WordPerfect, another Canadian product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
loving blackberry. The only time I ever read about it is Canadian finance Twitter, loving McLean's, globe and mail. Literally no one gives a gently caress about rim any more, dear Canadian patriots