Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This is officially an oxymoron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

tofes posted:

This was a real hard pick for me. I have a list of about 10 centers and even though there's a winger I really want I don't know if any of the centers will make it back to me and I can't live with myself if I don't have a good second line center.

The Buffalo Sabers select Tyler Johnson

Was really hoping he'd fall to me again like last year, him and Hoffman were the two centers I seriously thought about over Nylander.

Ellis/Ekholm were the two defenders I thought about. Why are you guys being good at picking?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
With the....whatever pick of the draft, the Mighty Anaheim Southern Ducks of California select Old Man Jagr to provide leadership in the locker room and 19 year old Czech girls for the whole team!

seriously, I know he will probably fall off in production this year but everyone has been saying that forever.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer the Cannon is up and has until 4:37 PM EST to pick. following that, we got Otis Reddit and The RECAPITATOR

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium posted:

Was really hoping he'd fall to me again like last year, him and Hoffman were the two centers I seriously thought about over Nylander.

can you really call your tyler johnson pick last season him "falling to you"

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

With the....whatever pick of the draft, the Mighty Anaheim Southern Ducks of California select Old Man Jagr to provide leadership in the locker room and 19 year old Czech girls for the whole team!

seriously, I know he will probably fall off in production this year but everyone has been saying that forever.

He's still gonna be a 50-60 pt player but I wouldn't pick him over some of the other wingers available.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Flyinglemur posted:

Aw man. I assumed he'd fall way down so I could play him with Draisaitl.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Nino Niederreiter.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Nino Niederreiter.

I like your style, the Tim Murray of the SAS Fantasy draft.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody say words about my team, I crave attention.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Nino will make a good 1st line RW, provided I don't find an older player later.

Tbd- Matthews-Niederreiter
Tbd- ROR - TBD

Trouba-Shattenkirk

Needs some work, but we'll get there.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

VJeff posted:

Its a better team than one Ken Holland would draft so far. :shobon:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, while I have a moment, I'll expand on the Bishop pick. Over the past three seasons, he's played 60+ games each year, has two Vezina nominations, and the fifth best save percentage of any goalie with at least 5000 minutes over that period. He's a workhorse, and he's still on the good side of 30, unlike a few of the other goaltenders taken in recent rounds.

And, for the hell of it, my lineup so far:

Seguin-Backstrom-Voracek

Vatanen

Bishop

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hoffman-Duchene-Duclair

Hedman-Lindholm

5v5 no goalies come see me b*tch

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Aye Doc posted:

can you really call your tyler johnson pick last season him "falling to you"

I can and will

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I must pick Zuccarello.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Otis Reddit posted:

I must pick Zuccarello.

I was between hoffman and zuc and it was a real hard choice for me because I love that tiny man and his fractured skull

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

VJeff posted:

For what it's worth, it doesn't seem like Toffoli is a center but I like your 1st line.
Also Goligoski is good and Orlov is underrated but right-D seems to be a scarcer commodity.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Otis Reddit posted:

I must pick Zuccarello.

He was the main guy I was surprised to see still around. Also Nino is fuckin awesome

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

There's about 3-4 I really want with my next pick, but I'm not sure they'll get to me.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Boomer The Cannon posted:

There's about 3-4 I really want with my next pick, but I'm not sure they'll get to me.

I sent lazerwolf a list of like 18 guys for my next pick

like 2 of them have eben selected since my last pick

I'm very concerned that my picks are going to suck and I'm picking guys way off the board or I'm on to something ;)

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I'll go with Rickard Rakell.

I don't know much about this guy.
I just think he looks decent on paper.

He's young, he's Swedish, he's a center, he's still on an ELC.
His last season was pretty decent, and it doesn't appear to be only luck.

He'll fit right into my team.

With Peace and Love, The RECAPITATOR.

ThinkTank next.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Not sure he's worth the contract but I'll take Kyle Okposo

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

ThinkTank posted:

This is one of the dudes I thought would go earlier. He's unfairly linked to Tavares despite the fact that he played half his ice time on a different line.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

ThinkTank posted:

I like this pick

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah I was thinking about Zucc with my last pick, surprised he lasted so long.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Give me Brent Seabrook

Neal-Getzlaf-Kane
Weber-Seabrook

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I still haven't decided if I want Larkin at center or on the wing. I know that he's going to be a center long-term, but I might end up having a better chance at a better top-2 lines if I go for a C and 2 W than 3 W

Though a Kreider-Larkin-X 2nd line would be all fast and cool and good

e: I need to see what my team looks like after whatever forward or two I take next, because I'm not sure if I prefer

Kreider-Crosby-X
Larkin-X-X

or

X-Crosby-X
Kredier-Larkin-X

Having Crosby is obviously a huge advantage, because while I'm not planning to saddle him with some Kunitz-like boat anchor, he does allow me to try to build my 2nd line and top-2 D pairings because he can definitely boost the production of the guys on his line to the point where I can have some good possession-driving 2nd/3rd line wingers on his line and still have 3 legit lines if I can draft my 3rd line well enough.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 13, 2016

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Paulocaust posted:

Give me Brent Seabrook

Neal-Getzlaf-Kane
Weber-Seabrook

Seabrook had a bad year last year. I hope he bounces back a bit after having a whole summer to recover from injuries.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i hope he gets even more injuries and becomes a useless 6 million dollar husk of a man and the blackhawks suffer forever in cap hell where they belong

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Seabrook sucks

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

i hope he gets even more injuries and becomes a useless 6 million dollar husk of a man and the blackhawks suffer forever in cap hell where they belong

They have managed to get rid of worse contracts. They will find someone to pawn him off on at some point.

And I hope its Vancouver. :unsmigghh:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

They have managed to get rid of worse contracts. They will find someone to pawn him off on at some point.

And I hope its Vancouver. :unsmigghh:

It's Florida. You know it's Florida.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stab is up and has until 8:07 EST. i guess lazerwolf has his list

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

At work and can't check but how many more picks 'til me? 7 or 8?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Seabrook had 14 goals and 49 points which was his career high in both categories. How did he have a down year? I'll take that kind of production in the fifth round from a guy with his pedigree but maybe that's why I'm a dumb turd

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Paulocaust posted:

Seabrook had 14 goals and 49 points which was his career high in both categories. How did he have a down year? I'll take that kind of production in the fifth round from a guy with his pedigree but maybe that's why I'm a dumb turd

He plays on Chicago

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Paulocaust posted:

Don't listen to these guys Paulocast. Your team rules...but Brent Seabrook is surely no Alec Martinez.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Team rear end in a top hat is going to be really good for the next year or two and then all those contracts are gonna get real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aye Doc posted:

stab is up and has until 8:07 EST. i guess lazerwolf has his list

Not home and in a rush so give me Brayden Schenn with no real rationale so please mock this pick terribly

Edit: he has leadership, grit and intangibles right?

• Locked thread