Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Good pick but I am still hopeful because the two players I want still haven't been taken. There's also a third player who I'm not gonna take but I am surprised he's still on the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

There are about 600 players available but I'm not sure if I want any of them.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

With the 140th pick the Chicago Blackhawks select the impossibly-creepy-looking Jesse Puljujarvi.

It's a risky pick since we haven't seen him play in the NHL yet or even on NA-sized ice. But I think he has the size and the skating ability to jump in and succeed right away. And I want at least one good player on an ELC for cap reasons.

Saad - Scheifele - Puljujarvi

OEL - Byfuglien

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

stab posted:

Not home and in a rush so give me Brayden Schenn with no real rationale so please mock this pick terribly

Edit: he has leadership, grit and intangibles right?

Babby Schenn isn't a bad pick, but he's prime for a regression after having a 20% shooting percentage during the second half of the season

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

D

FBS posted:

With the 140th pick the Chicago Blackhawks select the impossibly-creepy-looking Jesse Puljujarvi.

It's a risky pick since we haven't seen him play in the NHL yet or even on NA-sized ice. But I think he has the size and the skating ability to jump in and succeed right away. And I want at least one good player on an ELC for cap reasons.

Saad - Scheifele - Puljujarvi

OEL - Byfuglien

Dude way too early on him, there are legit top-line wingers still available and even prospects who are way better

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Adam Henrique. I believe he can play some wing, and he's pretty skilled and smart and would probably gel well with Malkin or Kuznetsov. Seems like he thinks the game pretty well. Having him and Kuznetsov gives me some nice flexibility in that both can play C/W so I can always move them around

Landeskog-Malkin
Kuznetsov-Henrique (Kuznetsov at Center, Henrique W)

Matt Murray

Metro supremacy

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 14, 2016

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

He is a better winger than he is a center, for sure. His shooting percentage was also way above normal. I pencil him in as a 20-goal 50-point player who does a solid job with PK/defense and has a good contract.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How good would Matt Murray look behind literally no defense?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I would say to not play him with Kuz or Malkin, they'll skate circles around him. He's not skilled enough. He's a second-line winger for whoever your 2C winds up being.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

How good would Matt Murray look behind literally no defense?

Let's find out!

e: Honestly people went nuts on d so me not taking one now is almost a matter of spite. I'm gonna gently caress over all the assholes who went heavy on defense by continuing to scoop up good forwards :colbert:

There's also nobody I particular want on d right now, at least not over the forwards left. BPA imo.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I would say to not play him with Kuz or Malkin, they'll skate circles around him. He's not skilled enough. He's a second-line winger for whoever your 2C winds up being.

Kutznesov is probably my 2C. And Henrique would be fine with either, I'm sure. Malkin played with Bryan loving Rust and Chris Kunitz in the playoffs. Henrique is far better currently than both.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Henrique would be great with Kuznetsov or Malkin, this is the weirdest opinion coming from a Devils fan. His game is entirely skill, he just plays for the Devils. In fact the most overrated thing about him is his non existent two way game. He's actually just a floaty skilled winger who scored a bunch of clutch goals four years ago.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Metapod is up

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Henrique would be great with Kuznetsov or Malkin, this is the weirdest opinion coming from a Devils fan. His game is entirely skill, he just plays for the Devils. In fact the most overrated thing about him is his non existent two way game. He's actually just a floaty skilled winger who scored a bunch of clutch goals four years ago.

I guess it is a weird opinion, he's great in the corners and he has OK skill, if he has someone feeding him like those two he should pot 30 goals. I re-thought that opinion as soon as I posted it.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

How much time until you can go?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Dude way too early on him, there are legit top-line wingers still available and even prospects who are way better

yeah well it's a lot more fun to take a flyer on a young unproven prospectt than to grab an established 30 year old 55-point veteran

Matthews went 14th and Laine went 33rd :rolldice:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Metapod's timer started at 9:26 so he's got until 11:26 AM to pick

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

FBS posted:

yeah well it's a lot more fun to take a flyer on a young unproven prospectt than to grab an established 30 year old 55-point veteran

Matthews went 14th and Laine went 33rd :rolldice:

Those two are much more of a sure thing and also got taken too early imo. And I'm not talking about 30 year-olds

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Colorado selects RW T.J Oshie

E: team so far
Pacioretty-Carter-Oshie
Myers-?
Holtby

Metapod fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 14, 2016

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oshdawg! :hellyeah:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Technetium is up

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Those two are much more of a sure thing and also got taken too early imo. And I'm not talking about 30 year-olds

Puljujarvi might legit be better than Laine

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Technetium posted:

I absolutely don't think so

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

He might. Unlikely, but anything is possible.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I wish I could find the drat thing but I saw a breakdown of the two over the four quarters of the year and Puljujarvi had a slow start but by the end I believe was out producing Laine. Laine had a great playoffs and his shot volume is absolutely bonkers though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

I wish I could find the drat thing but I saw a breakdown of the two over the four quarters of the year and Puljujarvi had a slow start but by the end I believe was out producing Laine. Laine had a great playoffs and his shot volume is absolutely bonkers though.

There's this: http://jetsnation.ca/2016/4/14/a-tale-of-two-finns-patrik-laine-vs-jesse-puljujarvi

His playoffs were impressive, but it was his WC performance that puts him well over the top for me. Yeah, one tournament and sample size and whatever, but it's incredibly rare for players to even attend in their draft year, let alone put up that kind of performance.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I want a goalie so I'm going to take the one with the 2nd best 5v5 save percentage amongst goalies who played 50 games last year in STEBESTEVE MASON. 2nd last year in that category behind only Lundqvist and 4th amongst goalies who played at least 40 games. He's also 2nd over the last three years in that category behind only Price factoring in goalies who've played 100 games.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Technetium posted:

I want a goalie so I'm going to take the one with the 2nd best 5v5 save percentage amongst goalies who played 50 games last year in STEBESTEVE MASON. 2nd last year in that category behind only Lundqvist and 4th amongst goalies who played at least 40 games. He's also 2nd over the last three years in that category behind only Price factoring in goalies who've played 100 games.

Goddamnit I'm the only one in SAS allowed to actually believe in Stebe. :argh:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Infidel Castro posted:

Goddamnit I'm the only one in SAS allowed to actually believe in Stebe. :argh:

Actually, I believe if you go back to the first one of these that we did three years ago, you'll find not only was I the original Stebe believer, but I predicted that he would bounce back to form with a change or scenery.

Oh yeah. :smugbert:

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Let's kick off draft day!

Minnesota Wild select Tomas Tatar

eXXon, you're up next

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I take Patric Hornqvist a few spots higher than last year despite his being a year older because I need an almost-30 quality possession scoring winger veteran and also there is a serious shortage of good right wingers in the NHL.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

I take Patric Hornqvist a few spots higher than last year despite his being a year older because I need an almost-30 quality possession scoring winger veteran and also there is a serious shortage of good right wingers in the NHL.

I'm a little nervous about his body breaking down at some point because of his style of play. He's solid though and he could play anywhere in a lineup and do well.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

lazerwolf posted:

Let's kick off draft day!

Minnesota Wild select Tomas Tatar

eXXon, you're up next

He is the guy I was talking about as the winger who's fallen way too far. He loving owns

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

He is the guy I was talking about as the winger who's fallen way too far. He loving owns

His possession numbers are insane, I'm happy he fell so far.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Well, everyone is talking about the lack of quality D left while letting this pick go past them and I am down as heck to select him.

Locked up for under $4m for the next four years we have a 25 year-old who was top-five in even-strength ice time in the NHL, with majority defensive zone starts. Positive possession stats despite this. He won't light it up offensively but he's really drat good and gives me a Cup-caliber first pair on the back end.

Winnipeg selects Travis Hamonic.

There's a forward I badly want and hope he comes back to me, but D is scarce and Hammy is definitely the best available imo.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

lazerwolf posted:

His possession numbers are insane, I'm happy he fell so far.

Yep. If I needed a winger he would've been gone. Almost took him over loving Parise.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm not a huge fan of Hamonic. I think he's like a more Canadian version of Adam Larsson.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Hamonic. I think he's like a more Canadian version of Adam Larsson.

I never really heard a good perspective on Adam Larsson from a Devils' fan. Is he going to be a 22-25 minute a night guy playing all situations for the Oilers, or is he maxed out as a second pairing shutdown guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I can see the comparison but he's better than him, obviously. He'll never be a great puck-mover. But D is running pretty scarce and I needed someone who could play heavy minutes and good D and his age/contract is really nice. I think he'd excel in a better structure, too.

• Locked thread