Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

They introduce a new character Seven for like 3 episodes before he disappears wordlessly into the void. Later he shows up on a milk carton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
The only redeeming part of the Seven storyline was that his dad Zemus was played by Bobcat Goldthwait and his mom was played by Linda Blair.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Before they got stolen I had ALL of Married With Children on DVD in a box set. I remember because of licensing or some poo poo they couldn't use the original theme song in that box set.
MWC was good trash TV. Voyager was sci-fi trash TV.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Didn't the Reddit MRA dudes take inspiration from the "No Ma'am" poo poo?

I swear I read that not too long ago

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

frogge posted:

Before they got stolen I had ALL of Married With Children on DVD in a box set. I remember because of licensing or some poo poo they couldn't use the original theme song in that box set.
MWC was good trash TV. Voyager was sci-fi trash TV.

Haha wtf, what song did they use?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

criscodisco posted:

Haha wtf, what song did they use?

Generic bullshit that sounded kind of like Love and Marriage.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I was just reading up on that. Apparently, a good number of episodes from that set also were the edited syndication versions, as Sony claimed not to have the masters. This was later proven to be untrue.

From what I was reading, a lot of the edits were Arabs with bombs humor.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jeez, make the drat thread already so I can post an exhaustively researched numismatist coin-graded series of season-by-season screencaps of Peg Bundy's couch-seating downblouse cleavage.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

My parents had a couch just like the Bundy's couch. It was the 'nice' one reserved for guests in the living room.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Wife and i started DS9 tonight, firsttime for both. Ive seen all the other series, none completely. She only knows JJ trek.

Veep dropping a pro DS9 line the other night didnt hurt my case-been campaigning for months. Also got a fire stick which helps w Prime watching immensely.

So far I think she's in.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Just promise her that if she makes it through the first season she's in for an amazing storyline. Chicks dig commitment.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
It was thoroughly in character for Kent to be a DS9 fan and dismiss most other Trek, yes.

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Jeez, make the drat thread already so I can post an exhaustively researched numismatist coin-graded series of season-by-season screencaps of Peg Bundy's couch-seating downblouse cleavage.

You should make a thread that is just this.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

shadow puppet of a posted:

I have a plan, if everyone can just wait a few days.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

criscodisco posted:

Just promise her that if she makes it through the first season she's in for an amazing storyline. Chicks dig commitment.

This is what I told my wife, I tried to warn her that she had to stick it out for a season or so and it was a slow burn. She loved it right off the bat, and I, on this much more recent viewing, also found the early seasons not as bad I remembered.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

bleep.bloop posted:

You should make a thread that is just this.

No way. Katey Segal is pretty and all but she's got that weird horseshoe cleavage like this:

Anyone remember Double Trouble, the sitcom about twins starring her cute teen sisters? The sisters were twins, they weren't Katey's twins.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Did you draw that for this thread?
Also, you're retired?! Lucky duck. Early retirement or just an old goon?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yes and I drew this one in case anyone challenged me as to what cleavage is supposed to look like:

And yeah, early retirement. I had a good career in track but my partner makes good money and likes playing the traditional male role and I like smoking pot all day and doing light housework. It's a good arrangement.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Does starfleet require everyone to keep personal logs? I mean why does everyone keep a diary and poo poo?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
So Geordi has something to beat off to after you come up missing.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Married with Children doesn't deserve to be discussed in a Voyager thread.

We can only talk about Unhappily Ever After instead.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Vakal posted:

Married with Children doesn't deserve to be discussed in a Voyager thread.

We can only talk about Unhappily Ever After instead.

That is significantly more fitting.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That was a dogshit show and just because Sarjenka was on it doesn't mean it had anything to do with Trek.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jack would have made a better captain than Archer.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

criscodisco posted:

That was a dogshit show

Which is why it is appropriate for this thread. Unhappily Ever After and Voyager are practically the same show.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If Hector hears you say that I don't know what he'll do. Also I don't hate Voyager. Except sometimes I do. It's like having an affectionate boyfriend who gets drunk and pops you in the lips but only like twice a year.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The MWC series creators made UEA, right?

Ahh, the glory days of Nikki Cox being hot and not married to Bobcat...

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They were only briefly engaged, she's been married to Jay Mohr for quote a while.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Just saw that episode where the alien babe pozzes Harry's neg hole with Space AIDS.

Holy poo poo, there's such a Mommie Dearest dynamic right now between him and Janeway.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Simian_Prime posted:

Just saw that episode where the alien babe pozzes Harry's neg hole with Space AIDS.

Holy poo poo, there's such a Mommie Dearest dynamic right now between him and Janeway.

Putting "space" in front of words never gets old, and it works for literally everything.

"Pass the space ketchup, will you?"
"Dammit, I ripped my new space pants."
"I'm bushed. I didn't get enough space sleep last space night."
"Look, I know this is hard, and I don't want to hurt you, but I really need some space space right now.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
"Oh poo poo I'm sorry I just came in the space between your butt cheeks!"

Like that?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Why did people humor Neelix and his cooking. It's apparently all poo poo, right? They needed an ECH: Emergency Catering Hologram. That's what the Doctor should have been learning in his off-time. How to cook.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

criscodisco posted:

Yeah it sort of went off the rails near the end. While it wasn't fair to end the show as unceremoniously as they did, it was definitely time. Occasionally I'll open the channel guide and see that the episode I'm watching aired well after I graduated high school and I think "wtf? How was this still on then?"

There's a documentary about the show I sort of remembered seeing several years ago. Might be an interesting watch if you haven't seen it already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SroICnksANA

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Why did people humor Neelix and his cooking. It's apparently all poo poo, right? They needed an ECH: Emergency Catering Hologram. That's what the Doctor should have been learning in his off-time. How to cook.

"Hey we just found this emotionally hosed-up veteran/tough space rogue out here in these wastelands. He's got a ship, he knows about the area, and he wants to join us. What should we do with him?"

"Force him to stand in front of a frying pan and then we're all going to laugh at his cooking."

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

JediTalentAgent posted:

He was too busy loving lepers and finding reasons to fingerblast himself when he's inside 7's nanoprobes.

JediTalentAgent posted:

There's a documentary about the show I sort of remembered seeing several years ago. Might be an interesting watch if you haven't seen it already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SroICnksANA

Hey that looks pretty interesting, thanks!

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I liked Neelix.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
neelix might've been cool if he wasn't a quasi-pedo and didn't have a pathological fear of being perceived as useless

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'd you watch closely you can tell the exact moment when the writers realize the KesParisNeelix love triangle is incredibly stupid and very creepy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Delta Quadrant was weird and scary and constantly changing. Having Neelix around meant you could have a piece of the greater whole of the Quadrant around and you could make it an object of ridicule. Neelix being there helped the Voyager crew contextualize their whole journey because they could complain about him and poke fun at him at their moments of stress. "This Delta Quadrant situation makes me want to vomit uncontrollably and then kill all my coworkers, but poking fun at Neelix's leola root stew made it better somehow."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They would have looked down on her at the time, but if Janeway had just started conquering the poo poo out of the Delta Quadrant as soon as she'd gotten there, she would have gotten a slap on the wrist and been remembered as a hero.

Surely within a generation or two they could have reached the Gamma Quadrant right about the time the Federation was reaching the Delta Quadrant via the DS9 wormhole. Within a few generations the Federation would have complete control of the galaxy, or at least a strong network that spanned the entire Milky Way.

They are technologically ahead of almost every species they meet, and it's clearly just a snap and a half to whip up new ships, so there's no reason they couldn't have built a strong group of new member planets even if they just stuck to the Federation standard of new enrollment with promises of advanced technology sharing.