Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

I recall seeing it, but I can't remember where. Where is it hiding?

If you tap the friends thing on the home screen, then search, then ID, your ID is shown in the upper box. It's also on your profile from the menu page.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Or was that just panda I gave it to.

Probably, I'm pretty sure none of the people on my friends list are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I have not maintained my room.

It's poo poo.

:( your poor puchis and their subpar lodgings.

I saw a guy who had New Wave and love laika in a room, which is all very nice, except the room was entirely empty.

Like some sorta hosed up idol unit jail.

Don't make a hosed up idol unit jail.

Polsy posted:

Being able to rotate stuff in all four directions is still the thing I really want out of rooms, though it doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.

That would be really great, but right now I want to be able to move my chihiro desk. Since you can't pick it up and stow it, I can't move it to my beach room, which is Room 2.

Hell, I was wondering where people got those shaved ice/yakisoba tables from until I clicked one and realized it was a money-bonus thing. (the signs on mine are hidden behind kitchen stuff)

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

If you tap the friends thing on the home screen, then search, then ID, your ID is shown in the upper box. It's also on your profile from the menu page.

Found it. It's 937440367. Anyone else who wants to add me, feel free. I'm not exactly picky about friends list on this thing, so I'll probably accept any and all requests that come my way.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sylphid posted:

Found it. It's 937440367. Anyone else who wants to add me, feel free. I'm not exactly picky about friends list on this thing, so I'll probably accept any and all requests that come my way.

Adding to first post.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

:( your poor puchis and their subpar lodgings.

I saw a guy who had New Wave and love laika in a room, which is all very nice, except the room was entirely empty.

Like some sorta hosed up idol unit jail.

Don't make a hosed up idol unit jail.

That would be really great, but right now I want to be able to move my chihiro desk. Since you can't pick it up and stow it, I can't move it to my beach room, which is Room 2.

Hell, I was wondering where people got those shaved ice/yakisoba tables from until I clicked one and realized it was a money-bonus thing. (the signs on mine are hidden behind kitchen stuff)

They have party ornaments and a kotatsu.

Also a locker they can hide in from zombies.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

A companion piece to the chat thread word cloud

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

done loving lets cinderella

Tempted to change my avatar text to this

Maybe I'll just crop that and finally use it as a sig

graybook fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 13, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

done loving lets cinderella

Tempted to change my avatar text to this

Maybe I'll just crop that and finally use it as a sig

Do it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nico here, at least. Only OG LLs we're missing are Hanayo and, oddly, Umi. We seem to curse more than chat thread, too.

e: oh there's Umi. So only Hanayo, which is fine and makes sense.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nico here, at least. Only OG LLs we're missing are Hanayo and, oddly, Umi. We seem to curse more than chat thread, too.

e: oh there's Umi. So only Hanayo, which is fine and makes sense.

Hanayo is at the bottom, above don't.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also most of the cursing is me.

Makes sense, since this thread has a higher Zep Posts to Total Posts ratio and I swear like a loving sailor or whatever.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

poo poo Tier Passion Characters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cute Mio Rares Now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Apparently Powerful Wish = Ticket, Wow.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Thinking, Hey, drat Good Tokens.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cute Mio Rares Now.

Silly word cloud, Mio is passion.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Polsy posted:

that nico is nowhere near large enough, hmmm
nico

nico
niiiico

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

New ENSIF event this Friday!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Polsy posted:

"Idols" really should fill the whole image, if you ask me.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
"guaranteed SR when you pull 11!"
Yeah. I got an SR. With 10 rares
:negative:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

"guaranteed SR when you pull 11!"
Yeah. I got an SR. With 10 rares
:negative:

Welcome to minimum wage. All you can do now is wait for someone to post their incredible pull.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

They have party ornaments and a kotatsu.

Also a locker they can hide in from zombies.

Well that isn't too bad. I hope they have a water dispenser or something though. Dehydration's your number one enemy!

Sylphid posted:

"Idols" really should fill the whole image, if you ask me.

if you combined "idol" and "idols" they'd probably be on par with "don't", "thats", and "songs".

No the hosed up bit is that "zep" is bigger than "cat." Or possibly the tiny "ll" crammed into "theres" for some insane reason. This thing just eats apostrophes, huh?

It does contain some powerful truths, though.

Like the classic "ur waifu a poo poo"

And episode summaries

And ganbaris

Powerful stuff.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

if you combined "idol" and "idols" they'd probably be on par with "don't", "thats", and "songs".

No the hosed up bit is that "zep" is bigger than "cat." Or possibly the tiny "ll" crammed into "theres" for some insane reason. This thing just eats apostrophes, huh?

Yeah, I was trying to remove punctuation to avoid making additional words with . and , in them but in retrospect I should probably have left ' in.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/Ohara_eBooks/status/753200591606718465

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I was trying to remove punctuation to avoid making additional words with . and , in them but in retrospect I should probably have left ' in.

Well, I can't blame you. Without knowing the result, it'd be a pain to get it to consider stuff with apostrophes the same as the base, same with plurals.

fuct up but tru

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I will get UR Dia, and I will pronounce it "ah-kwors"

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I will get UR Dia, and I will pronounce it "ah-kwors"

ahhhh, cours????
will be my reaction when i find out how many episodes it gets.

https://twitter.com/nishijimas5/status/753250576280850432

the rabbits on usamin planet are much tamer, of course.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm at that point where I feel Pro is the only challenging difficulty I have available for most songs, but the timing is way tighter than Regular. I'm trying my best, but it's quite the change.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i've got a bit of a wall in SS because I can do Pro no problem but most Master songs are too much for me. it feels like some of the patterns are better suited for a tablet than a phone, having to slide both thumbs into the middle etc.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The move from one difficulty to the next one up is always tough. I'm still about overall average on Master, which is to say I haven't full comboed most of it though I can clear most of it. A bigger screen would probably help, yeah.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

For anyone who was holding out for MVs in Girl Friend Note, they're finally here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP_8A-g4MbE

They also upgraded from Unity 4 to Unity 5, though this mostly means you have to redownload all the models but they haven't actually improved them. At least, as far as I can tell, maybe if I was playing on a tablet I'd be able to see a difference.

Updated Starlight Stage advertising boards (scroll down)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Master songs are doable on a phone. I play at high speed though cause I don't like seeing a lot of notes at once (which is why Snow Wings eludes me despite being an easy song), and I'm probably used to it now after playing SIF and other games a lot. Slide notes that involve both fingers moving toward the center are lame though cause it can just easily trigger one of the other hit zones too causing you to lose the combo, so you have to move them in a precise way.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Allarion posted:

Master songs are doable on a phone. I play at high speed though cause I don't like seeing a lot of notes at once (which is why Snow Wings eludes me despite being an easy song), and I'm probably used to it now after playing SIF and other games a lot. Slide notes that involve both fingers moving toward the center are lame though cause it can just easily trigger one of the other hit zones too causing you to lose the combo, so you have to move them in a precise way.

:same:

Hell, yesterday I failed a goddamn Pro song because I didn't change the speed off 6 or whatever and just couldn't figure out where the timing was.
Snow Wings is weirdly difficult, same as the end of Pastel Pink and a few other things that suddenly decide to increase the beat density. That plus higher speeds feel more lenient with the timing, so you can step off holds sooner and the like. Although if you do that, you'll be kinda hosed by jumping off holds in every other rhythm game too early…

Well, if you need the space, there's a wide line spacing option:

Live settings:

ライン間隔設定

広い is the wide setting

On a phone, this makes it a bit less likely for you to accidentally hit adjacent notes (for example, a hold on the leftmost and a tap on the note next to it is less likely to accidentally be registered as the leftmost note, causing the hold to drop). This also helps for notes one-apart that slide into the center, however you do need to be more precise with the timing of slides. Despite being connected, each slide is an individual note, and that individual note only cares that you were on its space and then left it in the timeframe — that's why if there's a hold that ends in two slides and you drop the hold, there'll be one stray slide note floating in space. If you were a total goddamn maniac you could slide off each individual one separately. So with the notes so close like on a phone (and so big), you're more likely to manage to slide off the note at the right time for the slider. If you're on wide and you aren't sliding across at a properly even pace (and I never seem to be) you will notice that a note in the middle didn't count and you will be quite cross.

But it does really help a ton to have the extra space between the notes, so wide mode is A+ for phones, probably even if you have some idiot huge phone.

Polsy posted:

For anyone who was holding out for MVs in Girl Friend Note, they're finally here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP_8A-g4MbE

They also upgraded from Unity 4 to Unity 5, though this mostly means you have to redownload all the models but they haven't actually improved them. At least, as far as I can tell, maybe if I was playing on a tablet I'd be able to see a difference.

Updated Starlight Stage advertising boards (scroll down)

Oh, that explains a lot. I was wondering why I had that huge 256 [????] download after updating. I saw the unity ver. up note, but I assumed that was utterly meaningless to me. :v: I guess the game has conditioned me into expecting it to just sorta download a ton of stuff for fuckall reason.

That's a pretty intricate set.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm so glad I got a Hajime Fujiwara before this event ended. I love her SR+ card, and she's the first idol I can get to level 70. The only thing holding her back is I can't get more duplicates of her to up her star level. She'd be my center so fast your head would be spin otherwise.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sylphid posted:

I'm so glad I got a Hajime Fujiwara before this event ended. I love her SR+ card, and she's the first idol I can get to level 70. The only thing holding her back is I can't get more duplicates of her to up her star level. She'd be my center so fast your head would be spin otherwise.

They do actually drop, just rarely. Especially rarely for the top/more expensive SR. Also, the medal exchange stays open like a day or so after the event ends, so you needn't rush to buy stuff. Also in case it wasn't clear, the event toppage tells you what the day's song type is (for the 14th, it's cool), and those songs have gold text over the album cover in the stage select. You want to play those songs, which'll help with the drop rate.

Also, go to the top page every day and get a shiny free +30 stamina drink (only good for that day, so don't forget to use it).

If you buy the top SR (Hajime, this time), does it still show the sorta-animated cutscene, or just a transition&still?

Why does GF♪ have you select difficulties for MV mode? The text underneath just explains that you need to clear hard to unlock easy-hard, and superhard to unlock superhard. Are the stages different somehow?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I managed to get two of the cute SRs as random drops. I really needed her to fill out my Cute team which only recently with her got up to 3 SRs.

My Cool team has 3 SSRs, my Passion has 4.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
In other game mechanics, I usually just let the "Conversation" tab stuff drone in the background while I'm doing stuff, just for the rewards, but sometimes you'll come across really amusing skits, even if you can barely understand anything that's being talked about. Oh sure, I catch "idol" every now and then, but still. I only post this because I watched Kawashima Mizuki's skits, and having one of the older idols trying to act like a 13-15 year old idol (Shibuya Rin notwithstanding) was hilarious.

And of course, anything involving Nao is great, too. For some reason her tsundere act is hilarious to me, and, as we all know, Nao was outed as a huge dork in the anime.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Why does GF♪ have you select difficulties for MV mode? The text underneath just explains that you need to clear hard to unlock easy-hard, and superhard to unlock superhard. Are the stages different somehow?

They are! (or at least, the one I actually checked was) I also never noticed this before, not least because half the time superhard is only available on songs where you can't play the easier difficulties. It's not like wildly different, but the objects in the stage background were changed up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

Slide notes that involve both fingers moving toward the center are lame though cause it can just easily trigger one of the other hit zones too causing you to lose the combo, so you have to move them in a precise way.

I can't do those completely consistently because my fingers get in the way of each other, like I don't even have giant fingers or a tiny phone. I guess the secret answer to this is 'actually you can offset them a fair amount vertically and the note still counts' and I don't like that you have to use that kind of meta-game stuff instead of being able to play the song as written (see also: slides that cross over each other)

Polsy fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 14, 2016