Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Whiz Palace posted:

Recipes rarely give the amount of salt to use. I understand that it's "to taste" but at least provide a guideline.

People who are afraid of cooking without instructions for literally every step of a recipe. Freestyle cooking is cool and good, you should give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

They can't though because that's entirely dependant on whoever's eating and however much salt they like.

Isn't that also true of every other ingredient? A lot of people don't like onions, but the recipe is still going to say "1 cup onion", and it's up to you to adjust if you want. Can't they do the same for salt?

edit: ^^^ I taste and adjust, but I still want a rough idea of where to start. I can't save a roast that I under-seasoned at the start.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

If my bf doesn't learn to take tissues out of his pockets before putting his trousers in the wash I will stuff his mouth so full of tissues that he will die

People who get judgey about the amount of salt I use can gently caress right off too, "didn't u know salt is baaaaaad for yooooou?????" hmmm none of this homemade and well seasoned food for you fucko, have some white bread or something so you can't see the salt go in and keep lying to yourself about why food you buy tastes better than your cooking

KoB
May 1, 2009
People that dont empty their pockets when they take their pants off.

I shouldnt have to deal with all their pocket poo poo they left in the washer.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
People who KNOW their new homes aren't in a Google maps or GPS zone but still order poo poo via Amazon and freak the gently caress out when poo poo does not get delivered. Especially when I call them to verify their address and the answer is always an angry sigh, "WHY CANT ANY OF YOU REMEMBER WHERE I LIVE? I KEEP HAVING TO GIVE DIRECTIONS AND WE KEEP APPLYING TO GET ON GOOGLE MAPS AND I KNOW IT SHOWS A DIRT LOT BUT COME ON."

Bitch, I have ONE loving box for you. If this is an ongoing issue and YOU KNOW ABOUT IT, don't loving scream at me! Maybe attach a loving MAP next time!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wait I can attach a map to products being sent to me?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
School run parents who turn our estate into a rat-run twice a day. When they're not blocking driveways with their cars, they're letting Tarquin and Penelope pick the flowers in our front garden (which they drop a few steps later) and leave rubbish all over the street and front lawn. Then there's the ones who don't park along the side of the road, but actually pull their cars up over the kerb, blocking the pavement and leaving deep ruts in the verge -- the verge in front of the school itself looks horrible as a consequence of that one, especially as it's been pretty rainy this year. Other highlights include parents who stand in front of their cars to yack after they pick up their kids -- on the one hand, whatever, but on the other, there's one kid who consequently sits in mum's Audi and blasts the horn repeatedly to let her know he's ready to go home.

(No kids on this estate actually go to this school -- the parents clog up our streets because they've already blocked the road that actually runs along the school -- a blind 40 mph curve which makes the morning commuute magical if you're not expecting suddenly to have one lane of the road impassable. They cut through the houses here after they park up, including several people's back gardens back towards the end of our close, to get to the school grounds).

Tomorrow is the last day of school for six weeks, thank the lord gently caress.

Then the summer day camp starts at the non-dom 'youth centre' that was plunked down on the edge of our estate a few years back. Fair play to the kiddies, but the camps runs 9am - 1pm every day for a few weeks, and the parents stay with their kids for the entire day -- which means instead of blocking the streets and drives for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon, you can't get in or out of your drive for four hours every day. Why on earth do the parents have to hang out at the day camp all day? When I was a kid, I loved camp and day camp as a chance to get away from my parents and hang out with the other kids and stuff. :psyduck:

Again, none of the kids in our neighbourhood actually go to this camp/youth centre.

(Apologies, I've ranted about this before -- I've been working from home the past couple of weeks so it's been more noticeable when I try to get in and out of my driveway during the school run. The little kids themselves are rather sweet -- yeah I know those flowers up and down the road are tempting -- and know all the neighborhood cats who come out to get pats during the school run; they're convinced that Evan, the white and ginger Tom up the street, is actually a fox. It's the parents that make me see the red mist.)

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

teenytinymouse posted:

If my bf doesn't learn to take tissues out of his pockets before putting his trousers in the wash I will stuff his mouth so full of tissues that he will die

People who get judgey about the amount of salt I use can gently caress right off too, "didn't u know salt is baaaaaad for yooooou?????" hmmm none of this homemade and well seasoned food for you fucko, have some white bread or something so you can't see the salt go in and keep lying to yourself about why food you buy tastes better than your cooking

why does your boyfriend have tissues in his pockets in the first place? :psyduck:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I do that. My nose gets runny when I'm outside.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Ms Boods posted:

school kid stuff

Are you not allowed to build some sort of a locked fence around your property? I guess people would still block the roads but at least they wouldn't mess up your lawn.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Noctone posted:

why does your boyfriend have tissues in his pockets in the first place? :psyduck:

Mu Zeta posted:

I do that. My nose gets runny when I'm outside.

Yeah it's that. Personally I think its gross to keep tissues anywhere but in their little packet and then they go straight in the bin but so long as I don't see them or think about them I'm able to overlook it. Can't overlook when they are now tissue dust all over my work clothes tho.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Murphy Brownback posted:

Are you not allowed to build some sort of a locked fence around your property? I guess people would still block the roads but at least they wouldn't mess up your lawn.

Some people do have their front gardens behind walls or gates; me and Mr Boods couldn't do that without getting the neighbours involved, as our house is a semi-detached and so we share the (rather small) front garden with them. Keep in mind if people have any sort of front garden, it's very small, if not just a border (a lot of people just pave or brick over their front gardens around here which looks about as nice as you might imagine).

Fortunately we're closer to the top end than the bottom end of the close -- that's where the school run people trample through other people's gardens -- there is a public path, but you know, like Smokey and the Bandit some people 'gonna make their own lane, son.' There's not much one can do about them parking up in the street and across drives and that; one neighbour down the street has a sorted of wedge-shaped lot so that his drive joins the road at a strange angle -- he can't get out at all during school run times. He's apparently had confrontations with parents who get up in his face about how 'it's only a few minutes!!!!' No, it's like an hour in the afternoon, as they start showing up around 3pm and don't clear out til 4.

And nope, the council won't make the streets residence parking only (which is usual under circs like this).

The governors of this school are quite cheeky -- they have fetes a couple times a year, and push notices through our streets' letterboxes announcing the fete, and how we're all welcome, and how the local police have given permission for people to park up on all of the streets in and around the estate for the day of the fete (they even put the local cop shop logo on the announcement as an endorsement). Next door neighbour rang up the local constabulary who knew nothing about it.

Probably a small peeve in the grand scheme of things, but it irks me.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teenytinymouse posted:

Yeah it's that. Personally I think its gross to keep tissues anywhere but in their little packet and then they go straight in the bin but so long as I don't see them or think about them I'm able to overlook it. Can't overlook when they are now tissue dust all over my work clothes tho.

I keep tissues in my pockets because I have horrible allergies but I don't put them back in there after I use them? Why assume these are dirty tissues? I doubt most people who have runny noses are walking around with snotty wads in their pockets, as opposed to just extra tissue in case.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Inspector 34 posted:

Wait I can attach a map to products being sent to me?

Maybe not from places like Amazon. But smaller businesses and base retail, yes. Especially if there is a known problem with poo poo not getting to your house.

One store I was at yesterday, the manager read me the riot act because I had to return a box because of the reasoning above. She ranted and raved that the address was real, USPS.com shows it valid! I tried to explain GPS doesn't use loving USPS for its points, our GPS links with Google Maps, and no, our GPS shows exactly where we are at any given time. So if your real delivery place is ten miles from where GPS says, gently caress if I am driving there to leave it, because now my record shows I went to some unknown address to leave off some order. I get chewed out, written up, maybe fired for that. No, your rear end doesn't get its package instead. It sucks, but if it's a known issue and you KNOW it's an issue, loving have poo poo delivered to a UPS or Fedex store as a Hold, at least that way you know where it is!

Peeve: third party sites who don't give you adequate info for delivery. As in, I get the address but there's no phone number, no apt number, no suite number or business name, because maybe the customer input all that but the third party keeps it, or idiot customer assumes every delivery driver has one route every day and knows where they live. So I get a box for 1345 Dickweed Lane, but that happens to be a gated apartment complex, and I lack the gate code, the apt number, and a phone number to call and get any of the above. Recipient Not Home or Bad Address and I move on. I -have- called the third party site to get the info and they snip they can't give it to me. One did yesterday after I made it clear I was not going to leave the delivery at the loving gate for anyone to pick up. But even then, the customer was pissed at ME for not having the info.

Related to that peeve, bad drivers who just throw loving boxes at the doors. Hey assholes, try to be respectful of the poo poo! I know it's hot as balls and I want to get inside too, but everyone has a camera these days, don't show up on the news as the delivery driver who threw poo poo. And it's loving rude. Until they sign for it it is YOUR poo poo, and you break it, it's on you!

Ms. Boods, is there any way to fill your street with your own vehicles or put out traffic cones or something to block the way in?

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

MasBrillante posted:

I keep tissues in my pockets because I have horrible allergies but I don't put them back in there after I use them?

This is my pet peeve. A question mark does not belong at the end of that sentence.

Tissue chat: switch to handkerchiefs and never have tissue lint problems again!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

Maybe not from places like Amazon. But smaller businesses and base retail, yes. Especially if there is a known problem with poo poo not getting to your house.

Ms. Boods, is there any way to fill your street with your own vehicles or put out traffic cones or something to block the way in?

Sadly, no, but I've been looking in to this company's fine products:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5GmBBXywyI

Edited to add: one way my neighbour messes with the school-run parents is to park his car on the street instead of in his drive (which is perfectly legal). He doesn't take up much room, but they all have ~their spots~ and it throws them off when he's feeling ornery. It's like when you go into a classroom midway through the term and sit in a different seat for the hell of it. He got a telling off one day from one of the mums because he was in ~her spot~.

This warms the cockles of my otherwise stone cold heart.

Ms Boods has a new favorite as of 14:55 on Jul 14, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Joburg posted:

Hankies are disgusting. I'm not putting a snotty rag back in my pocket.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This poo poo especially kills when the information you're looking for is all of one sentence, like "Enter door 1, press the button, then enter door 2." Instead, you get:

*obnoxiously loud intro music*

(windows movie maker title card in comic sans) BLAZEBRO420XxX Presents...

*intro music volume increases*

A BLAZEBRO420XxX video

*music gets louder again*

HOW TO SOLVE THIS PUZLE (by BLAZEBRO420XxX)

hey everyone it's blazebro four twenty ex ex ex, um hi, like i know y'all probably have some problems with this stage so um...

anyway i wanted to make a video to show you how...how to do it. this video is kinda like my other videos on my channel where i show you how to solve puzzles, so...

like...this one is a hard one, i'm gonna show you how to solve it. you can start with any character you want, but i like the girl one heh. you know because she's a girl heh. outfits don't change stats in this game but i usually put the girl in the swimsuit you can buy from the vendor in um...what's the name of that place...anyway that one town.

so like here i'm showing you where to go for this puzzle, i mess it up a couple of times in this video, but um, here in a second you'll see that haha oh i died there, i totally forgot i died there. okay well now we're running back to that spot, man that fight before the puzzle is hard, so make sure you win it by beating the bad guys that show up. anyway i like this game a lot, and...um...okay here's the puzzle. just solve it and you can move on. thanks for watching, like rate and subscribe

*more loud music*

A BLAZEBRO420XxX video

LIKE RATE AND SUBSCRIBE

(YouTube annotation) LIKE RATE AND SUBSCRIBE!

This is so spot-on I got chills. gently caress this stupid trend.

My second pet peeve: people who feel the need to bring those obnoxious roller bag suitcases for very minor little trips. You're going to stay with your sister for two days - do you really need to check a bag? Are you really going to need to change your shoes four times? Or use twelve different shades of lipstick? Or charge every one of your portable devices?

I mean, obviously you will need a lot of stuff if you're going somewhere special. I had friends that went on a cruise and then went camping, so they had to pack both camping gear and cocktail dresses. But the majority of the time, you don't need that poo poo. Leave it at home!

High maintenance people in general piss me off. It's not just women, either. People who can't go for a bike ride around the lake without their bike shorts, bike socks, bike shoes, clips, special pedals, bike gloves, bike helmet, sunscreen, bike shirt, two water bottles, tire kit, and magic underwear. We aren't going on a ride longer than an hour, and we live in a large town. You don't need all of that to ride for a short bit.

Thursday Next has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Jul 14, 2016

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
This seems to happen to me at least once on every commute. Someone is merging and rushes like mad to get in front of his/her chosen car, regardless of that car's speed, then immediately slows down and leaves ten car spaces in between the next car. It's bumper-to-bumper and we're going 17 miles an hour. MOVE UP. Or at least don't be a speed demon until you're comfortable in your spot on the freeway. If you want to take your time, fine, but don't haul rear end to mark your territory and then sit there with your thumb up your butt for the rest of the commute.

Another peeve: people who bitch endlessly about their exes. Save it for your girlfriends. A new acquaintance, who I actually like, added me to a closed group on facebook called "bitch talk." It's basically people bitching, so I probably shouldn't be surprised, but out of the 50 or so people in the group, there are several daily rants from the two or three recently divorced moms complaining about how their kids' nails get too long in the dad's care, or the Skype chat didn't last long enough, or how dare they bring around that BITCH BREANNA around their pwecious widdle Kaydn and Bradyn. I don't know this guy and I don't care if he served his kids ice cream for dinner. I guess it's better that she puts him on blast in a closed group that is specifically for bitching about stuff, but it just seems a little TOO intimate. On the other hand, I've met a couple cool ladies off the group, so there's that.

There's another peeve that is specific to the skydiving community, but it's probably human nature so I'm sure many of you have experienced this as well. I'm still pretty new, only 200 jumps, but I have a lot of good coaches and mentors so my skydives are pretty high quality. I had a friend, who's only 21 and only has about 250 jumps but has been part of the community for a lot longer, BEG me to show him a video of a particular jump I'd done (with an instructor who has 5000+ jumps), and he ripped it apart. The jump went exactly as it was planned, and the instructor planned every second of it. When I told him this, he said I was making excuses and being dangerous, which is bullshit. He wasn't even there for the dive, the instructor planned it perfectly, and it went as planned. When we got to the ground, the instructor had no criticism for it. And I trust the instructor, who is a professional who's never even had a jumper get injured, more than this 21 year old with low self esteem who has to criticize everything about a person who's only been in the sport for a year. And worse, if I was a guy in the sport, he wouldn't have had anything to say. He just had to make jokes because I'm a woman and haven't been in the sport as long as he has.

People in general have been pissing me off lately. Maybe I'm the problem.

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 18:37 on Jul 14, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

People mentioned canker sores a couple pages back, so I thought I'd mention the time I had this massive gently caress-off canker sore in 2011 that was almost the diameter of a dime and was so bad it made the lymph node on that side of my neck become swollen. I couldn't even function unless I kept it slathered in numbering paste constantly. Super painful. Fortunately I've never had another one that bad since.

Here is a picture (my teeth were kinda nasty at the time since I couldn't really brush them while I had the sore):

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress people who won't let me eat their boogers. It's rude as gently caress to dig out a nice juicy nostril goblin and then immediately discard it without even asking anyone if they'd like to eat it. And they always act so indignant when I actually ask, too. Bitch, what the gently caress were you going to do with it? Throw it away? And it's always white people, too. :rolleyes:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Can someone explain the thread title to me? Because it reads like an annoying way to say "chocolate" that's always bothered me and I was curious if that was intentional.

Same with "chonklit". Or "boogers/buggers" for burger. And people who pronounce chicken like "chee-kuhn". Maybe it's a weird midwestern thing.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Deified Data posted:

Can someone explain the thread title to me? Because it reads like an annoying way to say "chocolate" that's always bothered me and I was curious if that was intentional.

There was some discussion at some point over the pronunciation of "pain au chocolat".

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

MasBrillante posted:

I keep tissues in my pockets because I have horrible allergies but I don't put them back in there after I use them? Why assume these are dirty tissues? I doubt most people who have runny noses are walking around with snotty wads in their pockets, as opposed to just extra tissue in case.

I wish u were correct but you are not

My nanny wipes her nose then tucks the tissue back up her sleeve. Many people are fuckin gross about tissues.

Joburg posted:

You're a monster

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

People not knowing basic health words.

Fever doesn't mean generally unwell, chronic doesn't just mean severe and an ache is a pain.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Ytlaya posted:

People mentioned canker sores a couple pages back, so I thought I'd mention the time I had this massive gently caress-off canker sore in 2011 that was almost the diameter of a dime and was so bad it made the lymph node on that side of my neck become swollen. I couldn't even function unless I kept it slathered in numbering paste constantly. Super painful. Fortunately I've never had another one that bad since.

Here is a picture (my teeth were kinda nasty at the time since I couldn't really brush them while I had the sore):

A dab of alum would actually help that. Just be careful with how much you use. I used the end of a q-tip to dab some on. I hope one that bad never comes back to you though.

KoB
May 1, 2009
With Pokemon Go tearing up the internet, Im reminded of a big pet peeve of mine.

Quit getting mad at people for enjoying a thing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

KoB posted:

With Pokemon Go tearing up the internet, Im reminded of a big pet peeve of mine.

But the unique perspective of "I just don't get it" is very interesting and I want to read many, many paragraphs about how little they care.

If you don't like a current popular thing, just don't post about it. The "sorry guys, but I just Do Not Care About This Thing" posts are 10 times worse than the people who just won't shut up about how great the thing is. At least they are enthusiastic and posting about their interests, while the "I don't care" crowd just is mad something other than them is getting attention.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

teenytinymouse posted:

You're a monster

I have about 30 hankies so I can use one, put it right into the laundry bin, and then get a fresh one. I do a lot of laundry though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

KoB posted:

I saw an interesting trend on my Facebook feed with everyone going crazy about how much they were loving Pokémon Go then a few days later a ton of posts from the same people saying 'I don't care if you don't like Pokémon Go, I like it. Stop complaining about people liking a thing.' But I never actually saw the middle step of people complaining about other people liking a thing. I have no doubt it was happening on other parts of social media that I'm not exposed to but I thought it was funny to see this wave of defensiveness against an invisible aggressor.

Related to this, I hate this thing that people seem to get into these days where you're either aggressively pro-Skub or aggressively anti-Skub. Why can't you just look at a thing and go 'hey, that doesn't really interest me or concern me' then walk away from it? Why do you need to tell people that you don't care about Pokémon Go? Just don't care in private. gently caress, it drives me insane that everybody has an opinion about everything and thinks that the world wants to know all about it (he says as he posts his strong opinions about something that doesn't loving matter).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

cyberia posted:

gently caress, it drives me insane that everybody has an opinion about everything and thinks that the world wants to know all about it (he says as he posts his strong opinions about something that doesn't loving matter).

My tolerance for this heavily depends upon someone's age. When I was a teenager (and up until I was maybe 21 or 22), I couldn't really stop myself from posting a bunch of opinions on the internet. I would think something and just have this huge, uncontrollable urge to express it to other people. I think that most people have very poor impulse control before their brains finish maturing (which I think is around the age of 23 or something?). Grown-rear end adults don't really have an excuse for such behavior, though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
My pet peeve describing: everyone involved in a confrontation with the police as a “suspect”, without regard for context.

The man the police are questioning is a suspect. The man they’re handcuffing and putting in the car is a suspect.

The man you are showing live footage of engaged in a gun battle is not a suspect. That man is demonstrably a criminal.

Now, it may happen that the authorities arrest and charge the wrong man. That’s when and why you should use the word “suspect”.

It’s like news organisations were criticised for being unfair to people accused of crimes, but all they did in response was find‐and‐replace all instances of “criminal”, “robber”, “rapist”, &c. with “suspect”.

It ends up having the opposite effect. They say things like “the suspect shot the clerk twice in the chest and fled on foot”. :confused: Wait, so you’re unequivocally stating that he did these things? Then why are you still calling him a suspect?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Platystemon posted:

They say things like “the suspect shot the clerk twice in the chest and fled on foot”. :confused: Wait, so you’re unequivocally stating that he did these things? Then why are you still calling him a suspect?

Because you're not a criminal until you've been convicted.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Because you're not a criminal until you've been convicted.

This. Perpetrator is a much better word for the situations you described, though.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
When people put dumb or "cutesy" music over their videos. I just want to see the original not your dumb rear end unrelated song! Especially if your dumb song is drowning out the original content!

For example this adorable video has stupid music over it, what is the point?

This is why I always have my YouTube on mute and do a quick sound test check in every video. I don't want to hear this crap.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thin Privilege posted:

When people put dumb or "cutesy" music over their videos. I just want to see the original not your dumb rear end unrelated song! Especially if your dumb song is drowning out the original content!

For example this adorable video has stupid music over it, what is the point?

This is why I always have my YouTube on mute and do a quick sound test check in every video. I don't want to hear this crap.

Conversely reviews and how-to-videos.

I'm perfectly fine with the video starting with "hi, I'm John Miller, from A Store, and today we're going to look at the Product" or"Hi, I'm John Miller, from Hardware Retailer and today we're going to disassemble and repair A Thing!" Too many of those videos on YouTube have a 5 minute intro from Powerpoint, with some imitation thrash metal that's twice as loud as the audio of the video itself.

It's like dude, I get that you want me to remember who you are (and think you're a badass), but to just have a straight forward simple intro with a clear video of what I'm looking for is going to make me look for your videos when I need something again.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Things like Pandora that try and predict what you're going to like to hear next. They always seem perfect at first and then go way off the deep end and never recover no matter how many thumbs down you give to the garbage they play for you, and then even if you pay them they still only give you a limited amount of skips. The fact that I skip (or make a new station or switch to a different one if i'm out of them) probably 2/3 of the songs means your service is not working. I know what I like, I've tried telling your stupid algorithm what I like, but it always wants to be like that annoying friend who says "well I know you don't like _____ but try this thing that is not like what you like in any way, you'll love it"

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
For 3 years Pandora was convinced that, no matter what artist I started the station with or how much I clicked thumbs-down, I must really want to hear Jack Johnson. That was a rough period in my life.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Nettles Coterie posted:

For 3 years Pandora was convinced that, no matter what artist I started the station with or how much I clicked thumbs-down, I must really want to hear Jack Johnson. That was a rough period in my life.

For me it was Nine Inch Nails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A while ago, just for kicks, I put ABBA into Pandora to see who else sounds like them.

It turns out no one sounds like them, because Pandora gave me three ABBA songs in a row before I declared the experiment both a failure and a success.