Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
If we hadn't lucked into this thing we would have had a way turdier car. Probably a turbo K-car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If we hadn't lucked into this thing we would have had a way turdier car. Probably a turbo K-car.

you say that like it would've been a bad thing.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

The car still isn't done, it's close though! More decals showed up to hide the endless number of paint blemishes.

1)Hide the factory wing mirror mounts and 2)Adds to the P40 fighter plane-ness

Counter jinx!

This isn't progress...

This is though. Both switches are wired up. The left one even does something!

It controls our collapsed sun! DoritoPower has said he refused to spend a single second behind us - fine. We'll just channel our inner JC.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

My night vision hurts already.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I've reconsidered my previous statement about our position in the convoy.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

So is anyone planning to come on Friday then?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Slung Blade posted:

So is anyone planning to come on Friday then?

I can't. To much left to do, my plan was to leave Edmonton around 1000 on Saturday July 16. Arrive at Casa de Slung Blade by 1400.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

McTinkerson posted:

I can't. To much left to do, my plan was to leave Edmonton around 1000 on Saturday July 16. Arrive at Casa de Slung Blade by 1400.

I'm good with this. Are we rolling down together in SCH?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'm good with this. Are we rolling down together in SCH?

I hope so. Want me to pick you up Saturday morning? We could get the car completely packed Friday night.

Edit: Another update is due. I need to trim the factory front fenders a little. Due to the softness of the factory suspension and the wheel spacers, on full compression there is a little rubbing happening. I also seem to have broken the cigarette lighter last time I took out the dash centre. So that's coming out again. It needs to anyway since I'm going to patch up the holes with panels from the bent hood.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 14, 2016

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

McTinkerson posted:

It's cool, gives me another day to work/pack and maybe clean up my kitchen a little bit.

Planning to make elk chili for saturday evening.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I might not be joining you crazy fucks. Looks like some friends are coming to town this weekend and I might be flying with another friend to Vulcan on Sunday in his plane.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Check it out, Slidebite gets a porsche and all of a sudden he's part of the jet-set and too cool to hang out with the mental cases out behind the basketball court anymore.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I just don't want to get the car dirty

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Trailer the porsche up so I can mushroom stamp it

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

slidebite posted:

I might not be joining you crazy fucks. Looks like some friends are coming to town this weekend and I might be flying with another friend to Vulcan on Sunday in his plane.

Buck, buck.

Buck, buck, baguck!

I'm calling you a chicken, if you couldn't tell

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Haha, no seriously, we have friends from Winterpeg up and we're going to get together this weekend. My buddy has a small fly-in at Vulcan Sunday that he asked if I want to come with him. I'm a sucker for free plane rides. :shobon:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

Haha, no seriously, we have friends from Winterpeg up and we're going to get together this weekend. My buddy has a small fly-in at Vulcan Sunday that he asked if I want to come with him. I'm a sucker for free plane rides. :shobon:

People from Winnipeg? They can't be that cool :P Everyone knows its the worst place in the prairies.

This sick burn brought to you by someone from not in Winnipeg, Manitoba who hates how Winnipeg hogs all the glory, but they suck.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
https://youtu.be/xLlsjEP7L-k

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

slidebite posted:

I'm a sucker for free plane rides. :shobon:

Who in AI isn't?

More progress, I was able to borrow my future SIL's Cricut and got our decals cut out.

I also have our fuel 2-stroke transportation issue solved.

These are all going to ride in the hard shell rifle case bolted to the drivers side of the roof basket. As luck would have it each bottle gets us the correct ratio given our fuel tank size.

Off to Canadian Tire for blade fuses now since I don't have any and our 20A cigar lighter fuse is blown. Yes, Mazda has that circuit labelled as Cigar on the fuse box.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hahahahah holy poo poo that's perfect.

Nice job on the stickers too :coal:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I like the optimism that you will only be going through ten tanks of gas on this trip.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
The stickers look great! Do you have u-bolts for the rifle case or do you want me to grab some?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Did you fender-mount a bottle opener? Because if not you've missed a great opportunity, but could just stick with a church key.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

If only they knew someone who could make a custom bottle opener...

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008
Okay, so your gas station stop is going to be this:

Pull up, fill tank, open rifle case, take beer out of rifle case, open beer with bottle opener that's been installed in the bumper, pour beer directly into the gas tank, then drive away like it ain't no thing.

Seeing that would make me question my own sanity. You people are beautiful.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

TheNothingNew posted:

Okay, so your gas station stop is going to be this:

Pull up, fill tank, open rifle case, take beer out of rifle case, open beer with bottle opener that's been installed in the bumper, pour beer directly into the gas tank, then drive away like it ain't no thing.

Seeing that would make me question my own sanity. You people are beautiful.

Don't forget the Japanese compact touring car that will pull up behind it playing shopping mall muzak at 110 dB, or whatever this $15 Chinese PA system will do once I've hooked it up to a $5 Chinese boat amp.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 15, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Don't forget the Japanese compact touring car that will pull up behind it playing shopping mall muzak at 110 dB, or whatever this $15 Chinese PA system will do once I've hooked it up to a $5 Chinese boat amp.

gently caress... I'm taking notes.

Edit: which system, for later reference?

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 15, 2016

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

McTinkerson posted:

Who in AI isn't?

More progress, I was able to borrow my future SIL's Cricut and got our decals cut out.

I also have our fuel 2-stroke transportation issue solved.

These are all going to ride in the hard shell rifle case bolted to the drivers side of the roof basket. As luck would have it each bottle gets us the correct ratio given our fuel tank size.

Off to Canadian Tire for blade fuses now since I don't have any and our 20A cigar lighter fuse is blown. Yes, Mazda has that circuit labelled as Cigar on the fuse box.

Oh god yes. And you guys should smoke incredibly cheap and foul smelling cigars wherever possible.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

ONE DAY

WHO IS HYPE

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Me

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

You guys are bringing dash cams, right? Leave the audio on :allears:

Please, just go nuts posting poo poo on twitter and instagram, I'm fully hype for this.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Slung Blade posted:

ONE DAY

WHO IS HYPE

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHGHGHGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also here is non-exhaustive list of who is not hype:

- My wife

:smith:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Pham Nuwen posted:

You guys are bringing dash cams, right? Leave the audio on :allears:

Please, just go nuts posting poo poo on twitter and instagram, I'm fully hype for this.

I'm definitely going to be posting stuff stream of consciousness on social media, but not to an overwhelming degree

actually probably not even whelming

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I just made baby's first tweet, quick someone positively reinforce me.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Done.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
What is the Twitter again?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
@tm2twrally

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Thanks guys. I feel a little less old.

Took it to a detailing shop today.

Not bad!

So much cleaner.

Lighting is bad today, rain and shadow everywhere.

Scuff is much better in person.

Got the windows down in the shop and the big fan blowing in, hopefully I can dry out the upholstery overnight.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I know you bought it as a $1K beater, but I genuinely love that car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

From 1900 until just now I was working on the car. The following has been completed.
  • Cigar lighter fixed and powering dashcam, nexus 7 & bluetooth speaker
  • Dash centre patched up with more metal from hood (it's not pretty but it'll do)
  • Steering wheel nylock nut torqued and thread locked
  • Glovebox removed
  • CB radio mounted in place (not wired up yet) - this will have to be done at the same time as the Hellica tomorrow
  • Tool bags packed & in car
  • Spare parts sorted & in car
  • Glovebox contents moved to tiny tackle box in cargo bin behind passenger

In addition, I'm completely packed as far as camping supplies, clothes, etc. Everything is in the hatch and there's plenty of room left.

I would like to remind everyone that in addition to following the twitter & instagram accounts of the rally itself, you'll get more content if you just search for posts tagged with #tm2twrally.

• Locked thread