Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Inzombiac posted:

Is my n3DS glitching? I cannot seem to buy Monster Hunter G. It just says "Coming to eShop".

Edit: The MH threads said there will not be any pre-load or pre-order digitally. How then do you get the pre-order themes? Physical only?

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyup. Hope you like shopping at GameStop™®♪!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
It's lame that there isn't any preloading, but i don't really care about any other themes since the Dreamcast theme came out. I did like the 4g themes though, the felynes were so cheery!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

Is my n3DS glitching? I cannot seem to buy Monster Hunter G. It just says "Coming to eShop".

Edit: The MH threads said there will not be any pre-load or pre-order digitally. How then do you get the pre-order themes? Physical only?

The preorder will probably show up a day or two before release, and there's only a slim chance there will be a preload. Nintendo has only done that for a couple 3DS games IIRC; I feel like two were Smash 3DS and Pokemon X/Y, probably because they expected 1mil+ sales and didn't want to choke their servers on release day.

Edit: oh, if there's no digital preorder bonus then there may be no preorder at all.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Inzombiac posted:

I gave up on waiting for the digital pre-load and just went to gamestop :negative:

I guess it doesn't matter very much as long as I'll be able to start playing as soon as I get home from work on Friday.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

enojy posted:

The preorder will probably show up a day or two before release, and there's only a slim chance there will be a preload. Nintendo has only done that for a couple 3DS games IIRC; I feel like two were Smash 3DS and Pokemon X/Y, probably because they expected 1mil+ sales and didn't want to choke their servers on release day.

Edit: oh, if there's no digital preorder bonus then there may be no preorder at all.

Boxboxboy had a preload.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
As did Paper Jam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Party Meiser posted:

Boxboxboy had a preload.

I love boxboxboy

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/752868933347180544

Cheap Pokémon VC for Europe.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 12, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rexroom posted:

Cheap Pokémon VC for Europe.

Thanks to the Pokémon Go hype.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I spent far more time playing the demo of Skate than I did playing skate 2. Something about having a small area to get used to the controls vs having a huge level and bailing everywhere desperately trying to make a three trick combo.

What's the over under of Pokemon Sun/Moon getting a 30% off thing with my Nintendo before Christmas? I'm tempted to get the digital version since it'll be the last 3ds Pokemon game anyway

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Houle posted:

What's the over under of Pokemon Sun/Moon getting a 30% off thing with my Nintendo before Christmas? I'm tempted to get the digital version since it'll be the last 3ds Pokemon game anyway

Like 0%. Sun/Moon comes out in the second half of November.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Houle posted:

What's the over under of Pokemon Sun/Moon getting a 30% off thing with my Nintendo before Christmas?

Zero

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hey NA, you're getting some Turbografx-16 games on Wii U VC tomorrow! Konami loves you!

R-Type, $7.99
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/r-type-wii-u

New Adventure Island, $5.99
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/new-adventure-island-wii-u

Bonk's Adventure, $5.99
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/bonks-adventure-wii-u

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Are those the first TG-16 games to hit the WiiU eShop outside of Japan?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I think so. Maybe I'll get R-Type, I've always had a soft spot for that shooter.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope we get neutopia, maybe I'd actually finish if I had save states. They weren't incredibly difficult but you have to bomb so many walls and farm so many bombs.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

Are those the first TG-16 games to hit the WiiU eShop outside of Japan?

Yup.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of which, did Konami ever put Rondo of Blood on the WiiU VC in Japan?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

This one is already on the PlayStation Store. There's nothing wrong with it, it just reminds me of the original NES/arcade one which fell flat for me. On the other hand, Adventure Island 2 on the NES (which is on the 3DS VC) is great and 3, which sadly isn't available anywhere that I know of, is even better - so much so that I bought a physical copy of it. AI3 is so good that someone made a complete overhaul mod for it called The Lost Isles which is just as good.

This just proves my theory that adding dinosaurs to something automatically makes it much better.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what's the over under on people learning what over under means

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Literally no one cares. See what I did there?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

what's the over under on people learning what over under means
Seven

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

greatn posted:

Proven that language is dead?

deadly_pudding posted:

Like 0%. Sun/Moon comes out in the second half of November.

When was the last time a Pokémon game got a reduced MSRP?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pokemon Red Blue Yellow on sale this week in Europe.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

greatn posted:

Pokemon Red Blue Yellow on sale this week in Europe.

Okay so it only takes like 20 years for them to get a discount.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

greatn posted:

that's kinda rude but i bet you say pin number so it all evens out

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Is there any indication the VC pokesale will come stateside?

Looper posted:

that's kinda rude but i bet you say pin number so it all evens out

Irregardless of what was said, this seems like a mute point.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is me being angry again that I cannot pre load Monster Hunter.

Maybe Mr. Nintendo is reading this thread and forgot to flip the switch.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Inzombiac posted:

This is me being angry again that I cannot pre load Monster Hunter.

Does it really make that much of a difference?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waltzing Along posted:

Does it really make that much of a difference?

A bit. I can't stay up till midnight to start downloading and I won't have enough time for it to be done before I leave for the day if I start when I wake up.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

A bit. I can't stay up till midnight to start downloading and I won't have enough time for it to be done before I leave for the day if I start when I wake up.

It might not go live until 9AM PST! Ultrafucked.

It's not that big, though; I think someone said 11 or 12k blocks? Which is only about 1.5GB.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh that's not bad at all. Somehow I will get through this :)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, or you could just be patient, ya know? It's a matter of a few hours.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Alternately, you could freeze yourself in snow and in time, and then have your friend Leopold come and thaw you when it is available. Better watch out for avalanches, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Why don't you go gently caress yourself?

I'm kidding, of course. I just have been anticipating a game like this in a while. Makes me feel like a kid, haha.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
The game comes out when I'm usually turning in to sleep, so it suits me just fine. I'm so excited that we have finally broken the MH game skip. Did any of you PAL people happen to see what the MH themes looked like? I can't find them around the web and need to know just how many to buy when they come out here.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just announced: "NES Classic Edition", a plug-and-play console with 30 NES games for $60, out November 11 in both regions:

quote:

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

*Please only call if you have indeed entered a time machine. The Game Counselor program no longer exists in 2016.

quote:

Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System
Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

The included titles are:

Balloon Fight
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS‘N GOBLINS™
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN™ 2
Metroid
NINJA GAIDEN®
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl™
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Each title is sure to bring back fond memories and produce plenty of new ones. Players can even enjoy playing many of these games together by attaching a second Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller, sold separately. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro for the Wii console can also be used.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii console. Simply connect it to a Wii Remote controller to make the experience that much more authentic. Players needn’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress either as each game has multiple suspend points, allowing them to start where they left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System, launching on 11th November. Relive past glories, defeat the boss that you could never beat, or simply enjoy the classic titles of yesteryear anew.

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 14, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

China has been making those for decades.

"*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging."

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Clinton running for president, nes on shelves, new independence day movie....

What year is this?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just announced: "NES Classic Edition", a plug-and-play console with 30 NES games for $60, out November 11 in both regions:

:psyduck: