Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This chapter was a good chapter, and I really hope that Youko takes this as a real proposal :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That was the :aaa: part, but I can see my post wasn't really clear about that. :shobon:

Still want to know if they are generic peeps or reoccurring characters that I don't recognize.

Probably cameos from his previous manga.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Sen sucks, Asahi is best.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#755c272937fc2f83

Entire chapter is bwakas.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I loving love this series. Just wow.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
How is it always so adorable? Also this comment is a bit late but I love how everybody was getting ready for the manga getting all serious until somebody reminded us that the last time this happened we got the school president who managed to remain intimidating for about three pages give or take.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Rin is definitely Asahi's great niece based on this

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Always nice to see siblings getting along so well, even as teenagers :allears:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So Mei has a thing for Okada huh? Is it just a factor of being drawn to the only other non-idiot in the whole story?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Believe me when I say that everyone in this series is an idiot. And I mean EVERYONE.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Love obeys no rules

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That ending. :3:

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Tarage posted:

Believe me when I say that everyone in this series is an idiot. And I mean EVERYONE.

I disagree!

"My my!" *Shrugs shoulders* - Smartest character ever made.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
How do the expressions keep topping themselves? I thought we'd hit peak goofy expression ages ago, but it keeps happening.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

I cannot wait to see Oka's bwakahood :allears: Where did the term 'bwaka' come from, anyway?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Something occurred to me. Even though the cast of characters is huge and varied, no one hates Youko. Everyone is nice to her. I think that's one of my favorite parts of this manga, is that the main characters are friends.

CommissarMega posted:

I cannot wait to see Oka's bwakahood :allears: Where did the term 'bwaka' come from, anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYSyHMINKk

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tarage posted:

Something occurred to me. Even though the cast of characters is huge and varied, no one hates Youko. Everyone is nice to her. I think that's one of my favorite parts of this manga, is that the main characters are friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYSyHMINKk

I'm sure we'll eventually meet someone Youko doesn't get along with. And it will be ridiculous and endearing.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm sure we'll eventually meet someone Youko doesn't get along with. And it will be ridiculous and endearing.

The closest thing is Akane, but even then, Akane is almost always looking out for her best interests, even if she does get in a lot of ribbing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So if Mei likes Okada, that makes it Sen -> Mei -> Okada -> Mikan -> Asahi <-> Youko, right?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kyte posted:

So if Mei likes Okada, that makes it Sen -> Mei -> Okada -> Mikan -> Asahi <-> Youko, right?

Now add Momochi. :getin:

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
I have no clue who ninja girl and bat wing head girl are.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tarage posted:

Hasn't Sakurada been completely level-headed and sensible so far? I don't recall that he's ever displayed any idiocy in the story.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Not to the level of others, but I think his actions during the dodgeball chapter was cute and dumb. Cmon, playing dodgeball while riding a white horse? :shobon:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dipple posted:

I have no clue who ninja girl and bat wing head girl are.

Did you skip like 40 chapters? They've been fairly prominent for a while now.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Did you skip like 40 chapters? They've been fairly prominent for a while now.

Think it was just they're wearing different outfits and in mostly smaller panels

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

JosephWongKS posted:

Hasn't Sakurada been completely level-headed and sensible so far? I don't recall that he's ever displayed any idiocy in the story.

He wants to date Akari.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ZiegeDame posted:

He wants to date Akari.

Ah, so he's especially intelligent

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZiegeDame posted:

He wants to date Akari.
Akari owns and has a good head on her shoulders aside from her white knight delusions

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

dipple posted:

Think it was just they're wearing different outfits and in mostly smaller panels

What a weird reason to completely forget who characters are.

Captain Invictus posted:

Akari owns and has a good head on her shoulders aside from her white knight delusions

Akari is a treasure.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

He wants to date Akari.

Yo. Do we have to fight? :toughguy:

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

SpacePig posted:

What a weird reason to completely forget who characters are.

Well it's pretty common for cartoon characters to wear the same exact outfit for hundreds of chapters, I had the same problem in shippuden when sasuke showed up in a clown suit.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Captain Invictus posted:

This is exactly the part that Sakurada wants to contend with. Thus idiot.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Akari is great but shes also insane and his teacher 10 years older than him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The only characters shown who haven't been dumb are Asahi's friends (excluding Shima (the worst)), Asahi's sister, his parents (though they've barely appeared) and Youko's mom.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

The only characters shown who haven't been dumb are Asahi's friends (excluding Shima (the worst)), Asahi's sister, his parents (though they've barely appeared) and Youko's mom.

Oka laughed at Akari during the Maid Cafe chapter which was not only dumb but a death wish as well. I don't remember anything specific about the sister but feel like there were instances.

The parents and Youko's mom i'll agree with though.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I don't remember anything specific about the sister but feel like there were instances.

Asahi's sister asked Pervert Sen to go shopping with her.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Youko's mom married Youko's dad, so she at least has questionable judgment.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

chumbler posted:

Youko's mom married Youko's dad, so she at least has questionable judgment.

She also raised Youko, which makes you wonder.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

paragon1 posted:

She also raised Youko, which makes you wonder.

So did Youko's dad and you know which side she took after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There is a teacher in Persona 5 who works part-time at a Maid Cafe

• Locked thread