Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Oh wow, it's a steroid joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True

The only way I can make sense of the punchline is a reference to Sherman's quote "War is hell," which seems an oddly unpatriotic thought for Wartime Everett.

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

Another favorite, and another one that hasn't aged a minute.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Reply All

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

There's something really uncomfortable to me about the guy who writes the dozens of fake Luann comic titles. Like, maybe once or twice would be okay, but it's seriously about a dozen for each strip.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 14, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What languages, other than French, actually do have official versions?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

No I want to hear how he beat Person Man.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (July 12, 14 and 15, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (March 7-9, 1955)

Out Our Way (July 19-20, 1929)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set just wants to get this out of the way early.

Working Daze finally gets around to making a lovely Pokemon Go joke, doesn't know when to stop telling it.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is a matter of scale.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Hey, there's spine-ripping if you want it. Most of the injuries are self-inflicted though.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Reply All Lite

1 and Done

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Oh, no! Just think of the minutes of practice time that was wasted.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's a rerun. I'm slightly worried I recognized that without even having to check the date of 2013. Dare we hope Nancy is circling the drain?

e: I mean I guess it has been for a few years

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Nothing to worry about, kid, your sister just lost her wig.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

That bird is basically drawn actual size - those finches are about six inches in length. I'm no artist but I'm pretty sure that means, even accounting for perspective, these relative scales don't loving work. I know you're deeply upset at the notion that Jam Esallen could have made a poor artistic decision.

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

:psyduck: Don't US carriers' long-haul flights have individual video screens with a video library the way like British Airways does? (Apologies if that's a dumb question, but the last time I flew a US carrier long-haul it was Pan Am and Margaret Thatcher was prime minister).

If not, couldn't Thing 1 and Thing 2 just load up a tablet with books and shows or whatever? I think it's been almost 20 years since I was on an overseas flight where they showed a single film to the entire cabin.

I am spending too much time being annoyed at this strip when I've got Nancy and that blond prince Valiant in Mary Worth and Super Sarah to go :argh: about, too.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail

That bird is basically drawn actual size - those finches are about six inches in length. I'm no artist but I'm pretty sure that means, even accounting for perspective, these relative scales don't loving work. I know you're deeply upset at the notion that Jam Esallen could have made a poor artistic decision.

She manages to identify it without question even though it's albino. This lady knows her finches!

Mopsy, why are you a swastika.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Johnny Walker posted:

No I want to hear how he beat Person Man.

They had a fight, triangle wins. Triangle man.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

1 and Done

Nice topical cultural reference!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

From the "Huh, I Didn't Know That" file ... I was noodling around and discovered that both Big Ben Bolt and Juliet Jones were ghostwritten by a guy named Elliot Caplin, who happened to be Al Capp's brother. Hope he wasn't as much of a schmuck.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Ms Boods posted:

:psyduck: Don't US carriers' long-haul flights have individual video screens with a video library the way like British Airways does? (Apologies if that's a dumb question, but the last time I flew a US carrier long-haul it was Pan Am and Margaret Thatcher was prime minister).

Depends on the plane, but yes, as do many Asian carriers that fly between here and there. No, there's no stopping you from bringing a tablet, laptop, or other portable media player loaded with your own choices. There's also no stopping you from bringing an Ambien. There are also longer flights out there than NYC-Hong Kong. None of this would be a big deal or surprise to people who travel often, such as professional orchestral musicians and dancers.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Darthemed posted:

1 and Done

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Wanamingo posted:

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Nancy isn't a fetish comic-that'd require a fetish. This is just plain old cheesecake. Arlo and Janis, on the other hand...requiring that the woman you love be unaware of your voyeurism, and being disappointed when she consents? That's a fetish comic. My disgust is matched only by the shame I feel knowing it was allowed to be published.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yeah, Galaxy Quest was a pretty good movie.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
2 Cows and a Chicken

Calvin and Hobbes

Ugh, the Fort Knox reaction.

Ripley's

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Nice copy/paste job

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Thanks for posting modesty :)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I like how the colorist had no idea what to do.

Also a bit odd choice to use Sami guy (whose language isn't related to Norwegian).

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 14, 2016

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

If these are supposed to be Eric Sahara's wife and daughter, then the colorist forgot that the wife is black.

Luann

Usually we're supposed to hate Shannon for being an annoying lovely kid who's always seeking attention, that way we don't hate Toni for constantly dumping her on other people.

At the moment, though, it is probably safe to think that we're supposed to find Shannon's act cute because the Evanses are more interested in making us hate Jonas, Shannon's father, because he's always dumping Shannon on other people.

The Amazing Spider-Man

This seems unethical.

Sally Forth

Hil is usually the one roping her friends into stupid projects. This might be an interesting dynamic.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

The fact that she has apparently had to tell him multiple times not to burst dramatically into rooms is cracking me up for some reason.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (May 15-16, 1929)

Peanuts (July 18, 1968)

Boy Lisa's Magical Art Supply Run

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (July 22-23, 1929)

Thimble Theater (January 31, 1930)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I think for the first time in my 42 years I actually chuckled at a comic strip golf joke.

I like Mopsy, thank you for posting it. :)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (June 21, 1951)

Barnaby (November 26, 1942)

Nancy (August 5, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (April 18, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (May 3, 1923)

Barney Google (May 4, 1922)

Lil' Abner (December 31, 1936)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

treasureplane posted:

Gasoline Alley (May 3, 1923)

"I'm gonna be an old man who spends way too much time telling an incredibly old joke about an antique coin of questionable origin."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

This seems unethical.

...Doc, I know you're the Sorcerer Supreme and all that, but, uh, mindwiping villains NEVER ends well.

Darthemed posted:

1 and Done

Gary Larson is gonna sue somebody....

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I still don't understand how every single attempt at ripping off the Far Side manages to be so bad. You'd think at least one would have managed to get it right from the sheer number of attempts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Most of the good Far Side style were already told by The Far Side, so that's probably one reason.

• Locked thread