Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Hahahaha my dude I think there's a solid argument against prisoners having guns that you're not going to be able to overcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

shiksa posted:

Hahahaha my dude I think there's a solid argument against prisoners having guns that you're not going to be able to overcome

I don't think you understand, those guys in prison are bad guys, and the bundys are good guys, and you can always trust a good guy with a gun

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nobody remembers the Third Amendment except the people who want to be unconstitutionally occupied by soldiers. :saddowns:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Again, they really, really don't seem to understand how the whole jail thing works.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Having now read the article, this is entirely amazing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Awwww, they took their cowboy hats away.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
heh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
https://www.justice.gov/usao-mt/pr/basin-man-convicted-clean-water-act-violations-and-destruction-us-property
http://www.alternet.org/activism/anti-governent-groups-show-interest-montana-pond-building-case

Incoming potential occupation.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
"“My question is at what point does a person lawfully lose his or her rights?” Ammon Bundy asked."

Ahahahahahahaha
The moment that rear end in a top hat decides to act out his crazy plan and commit actual felonies, you dumb loving moron

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

hahahahahahahaha 8ͻS

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

as long as that pond isn't hiding a nuke silo they can do whatever they loving want to it, gently caress montana. waste of space.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mr. Pumroy posted:

as long as that pond isn't hiding a nuke silo they can do whatever they loving want to it, gently caress montana. waste of space.

Hopefully they let it run to winter and then actually cut the loving power and utilities this time instead of just talking about it for six weeks

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

It's like that idiot in Oregon who tried to make reservoirs on his land and claimed he was just "collecting rainwater"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ansel autisms posted:

It's like that idiot in Oregon who tried to make reservoirs on his land and claimed he was just "collecting rainwater"

He didn't just make reservoirs, he dammed up creeks to collect the water to make those reservoirs, all trying to make his own minor hydraulic empire downstream.

Young Freud has issued a correction as of 17:03 on Jul 13, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Young Freud posted:

He didn't just make reservoirs, he dammed up creeks to collect make those reservoirs trying to make his own minor hydraulic empire downstream.

I love how there's always some huge asterisk like this at the end of every one of these stories

Like how the hammonds did their "controlled burn" to cover up the evidence of illegal poaching

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Mirthless posted:

I love how there's always some huge asterisk like this at the end of every one of these stories

Like how the hammonds did their "controlled burn" to cover up the evidence of illegal poaching

Of 140 acres. And almost killed the BLM firefighters that were actually trying to stop the fire in the process.

A very controlled burn.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Their controlled burn involved handing a teenager a bunch of matches and telling them frantically to spread them everywhere.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

During a subsequent site visit in November of 2013, Robertson admitted to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and USFS Criminal Special Agents that he had performed the work on the National Forest property using an excavator. State and federal officials visited the site again in May of 2014, and observed that Robertson had done additional work. The site was now approximately 1.2 acres in size, and extended beyond the National Forest property to a private property that he did not own. The work consisted of nine ponds of varying sizes, including some as large as approximately 4900 square feet that were placed directly in the stream and wetlands area. Unconsolidated dredged material from the ponds had been used to create the berms and had been placed in and around the stream and wetlands. Robertson admitted that he had completed the additional work. Additional investigation revealed that Robertson continued to construct ponds on the USFS property after May of 2014, despite being told repeatedly that he had no legal right to do so.

Christ, what a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
What is the purpose of all these ponds anyway? Irrigation? Fish farming? Mosquito breeding?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Anos posted:

What is the purpose of all these ponds anyway? Irrigation? Fish farming? Mosquito breeding?

Freedom

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Anos posted:

Mr. Robertson dug the ponds to protect his property from fire and to water his horses, his federal public defender said in court filings.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

He also constructed a barn, fence, and culvert on federal property, it was the ponds that caused the most trouble because of the environment impact. Basically, it sounds like he was some sort of squatter that didn't recognize federal ownership of the land. Or private ownership, since he also dug some of those ponds on private property that didn't belong to him. Reading through the Alternet article, he's a shitbag that should have either been in prison or a mental institution a long time ago.

quote:

Robertson described himself in the podcast as a disabled Navy veteran who has been treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. “Several years ago before I went into treatment, I would have handled this different,” he said. “But then I would have been in the news. My wife would probably be dead and so would I and some of those other people.”

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
" “Several years ago before I went into treatment, I would have handled this different,” he said. “But then I would have been in the news. My wife would probably be dead and so would I and some of those other people.”"

Sounds like code for "would have shot up a few government offices"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like even if the federal government didn't own that land like these idiots wanted you couldn't just go and build poo poo on it and dig ponds all over it if you didn't own it :psyduck:

You can't even say he's doing it "in protest" because it's federal land since he also did it to someone else's private property.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

SocketWrench posted:

" “Several years ago before I went into treatment, I would have handled this different,” he said. “But then I would have been in the news. My wife would probably be dead and so would I and some of those other people.”"

That's not even code, that's all but explicitly saying "yep, I'd have murder-suicided the lot of 'em"

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

If it starts an armed standoff Im not seeing how thats "handling things differently". Thats yet to be decided you old fucker

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I really love the 24601. :allears:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

shiksa posted:

one day people will carry around fake ceremonial guns like sikhs and their welded shut kirpans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

SocketWrench posted:

He's like "definitely I would have killed my wife first"

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

OAquinas posted:

That's not even code, that's all but explicitly saying "yep, I'd have murder-suicided the lot of 'em"

Sounds like a grateful testimony to the importance and effectiveness of PTSD treatment.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

OAquinas posted:

To brain-damaged rednecks, I'm sure it sounds like noble, patriotic sacrifice to die while slaughtering more of "the enemy."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Phobophilia posted:

one day people will carry around fake ceremonial guns like sikhs and their welded shut kirpans

The five Ks of Sovhs:

UnKempt Beard (a sign of the perfection of white male creation)
TrucKer hat (MAGA for orthodox sects, shows faith before God/Don)
AK-15 (to show one is willing to defend any and all rights, real or imagined, at any time, anywhere, by threatening anyone)
PocKet Konstitution (worn in a closed pouch over the heart, to stop bullets)
Kris-Chan undergarments (to show one's involuntary chastity except with other Sovhs/devotion to Khrist)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I really love the 24601. :allears:

I can't believe I missed that!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fry flipped out at a pretrial release hearing. At one point screaming at the judge about aliens.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Casimir Radon posted:

Fry flipped out at a pretrial release hearing. At one point screaming at the judge about aliens.

"In the proceeding, which was covered by Oregon Public Broadcasting, Fry's defense tried to paint him as a stable individual who would come back up for his trial in September if let free."

:cawg:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Discendo Vox posted:

The five Ks of Sovhs:

UnKempt Beard (a sign of the perfection of white male creation)
TrucKer hat (MAGA for orthodox sects, shows faith before God/Don)
AK-15 (to show one is willing to defend any and all rights, real or imagined, at any time, anywhere, by threatening anyone)
PocKet Konstitution (worn in a closed pouch over the heart, to stop bullets)
Kris-Chan undergarments (to show one's involuntary chastity except with other Sovhs/devotion to Khrist)

AR-15 is the rifle. You're conflating that with an AK-47 a dirty commie rifle.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mr. Nice! posted:

AR-15 is the rifle. You're conflating that with an AK-47 a dirty commie rifle.

:thejoke:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Young Freud posted:

He didn't just make reservoirs, he dammed up creeks to collect the water to make those reservoirs, all trying to make his own minor hydraulic empire downstream.

And yet he's still propped up as just some poor old simple boy who wanted to get some water in barrels! Gosh won't this government just stop overstepping their bounds?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I see that Fry is reasonably concerned about the terrible secret of space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Discendo Vox posted:

Ah, the picture I get seeing them dressed up in Sonichu pajamas or the autism striped shirt

prefect posted:

"In the proceeding, which was covered by Oregon Public Broadcasting, Fry's defense tried to paint him as a stable individual who would come back up for his trial in September if let free."

:cawg:

"Make sure you get a good price on that drum of alien urine for me"

gently caress man, this guy is like the real life version of Dale Gribble

SocketWrench has issued a correction as of 23:30 on Jul 14, 2016