Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
The only thing that the Orokin lab has that the Tenno Lab doesn't is the Dragon keys.

And yes, that is why there are teleports directly to and from. Because some shitfucks complained when you had to quit the dojo to leave the rooms. :v: That's not changing by the way; they removed the ability for us to seal the doors, so part of the reason the dojo hasn't been remodeled or played with majorly is that they took 99% of the fun away. We can still stick poo poo in midair, but can't ghost-place items wherever we want by abusing frameloss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitbreak
Jun 20, 2005

Waci posted:

Any alert mission, doesn't matter where it is. If you don't have any in areas you have unlocked, ask someone for a taxi.

Thing is, I've done several alert missions on different planets I've unlocked and it still tells me I need to do an alert mission to go through the junction. People are complaining about it on the bug-report forums. Does anyone know a way around it?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Who's a good little murderbeast, yes you are!

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Shitbreak posted:

Thing is, I've done several alert missions on different planets I've unlocked and it still tells me I need to do an alert mission to go through the junction. People are complaining about it on the bug-report forums. Does anyone know a way around it?

Try soloing an alert, worked for me. Apparently if you're not hosting it can bug out and not count for the junction challenge.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of the junction challenges, do all of them that seem to specify a planet work like the above-mentioned alert challenge, where it doesn't actually matter what planet? I just started playing again after a short break and I'm trying to knock these out, but one of the Venus ones is to kill 10 Eximi. I did the Dark Sector survival for 10 minutes and didn't get a single one.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hooah posted:

Speaking of the junction challenges, do all of them that seem to specify a planet work like the above-mentioned alert challenge, where it doesn't actually matter what planet? I just started playing again after a short break and I'm trying to knock these out, but one of the Venus ones is to kill 10 Eximi. I did the Dark Sector survival for 10 minutes and didn't get a single one.

They probably won't show up until 15+ at that low of a level, honestly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Grab a group of goons or pubbies and do an endless mission. I'm 70% certain it counts Eximi that your teammates kill as long as you're in range to get the exp, so you won't have to be jockeying to get ten killing blows yourself.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Meckell and I did some testing on void rifts.

We found out that you can only hold a maximum of 100 traces at any one time. No saving them, you nasty tenno! :wtc:

But apropos of nothing else, sitting there waiting for stuff to spawn is useless. The void traces drop ONLY from eximus enemies that are spawned by the rift and specific percentages. You can desecrate/pilfering swarm them, which DOES increase the drops.

What this means is that essentially the fastest farming method is to bring a single nekros, murderbliterate anything that comes out of the portal (preferably with a weapon that won't send the enemy corpse flying off into space) and shove in the reactants as fast as you can. Helpful, also, is the fact that desecrate makes more reactants drop.

So, the farming is still there, and tedious, but doing the rift is pretty god damned fast, all things considered. I still want my fragor prime handle. loving T1 equivalent rift bullshit.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Do kavats give mastery rank? I only care about vacuum and cannot live without it with such an insane amount of drops.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

DelphiAegis posted:

Meckell and I did some testing on void rifts.
Further details:
Without drop boosting, we were looking at usually ~6-8 range on trace drops.
With a single Nekros in a frenzy of hand waving, ~16-22 range, but one particularly lovely run produced only 7.

For more focused trace farming / refining, it's probably desirable for only the host to equip their most numerous and pointless relic, while everyone else brings nothing, and just scoops up traces and dumps those into the relics they want to use every time they hit 100. Then blast through the refined relics once a decent collection is built up.

Also, does that reward selection trace bonus actually work? Because there were a few times that I checked trace count before reaching extraction, and it was the same as what came up in the after-mission results screen.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

FunkyFlashman posted:

Do kavats give mastery rank? I only care about vacuum and cannot live without it with such an insane amount of drops.

Yes. You get mastery per breed, so only 2 companions worth right now.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
Just found a post on The Reddits saying you can use Kavat gene masking colors on Kubrows and vice versa. I'm hatching a cat right now so I can't try it out, can anyone confirm? Kinda want a pink dog now.

E: Link

Keksen fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 14, 2016

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Keksen posted:

Just found a post on The Reddits saying you can use Kavat gene masking colors on Kubrows and vice versa. I'm hatching a cat right now so I can't try it out, can anyone confirm? Kinda want a pink dog now.

E: Link

Confirmed. I was using cat colors on my kubrow the other day.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Fish Noise posted:

Further details:
Without drop boosting, we were looking at usually ~6-8 range on trace drops.
With a single Nekros in a frenzy of hand waving, ~16-22 range, but one particularly lovely run produced only 7.

For more focused trace farming / refining, it's probably desirable for only the host to equip their most numerous and pointless relic, while everyone else brings nothing, and just scoops up traces and dumps those into the relics they want to use every time they hit 100. Then blast through the refined relics once a decent collection is built up.

Also, does that reward selection trace bonus actually work? Because there were a few times that I checked trace count before reaching extraction, and it was the same as what came up in the after-mission results screen.

Before the hotfix, once I got a mere 3 void traces in a mission. Now I average around 12, even without a Nekros (A Nekros would actually result in 20-30). Note that extending the period of closing the rift does nothing. The enemies spawn with a maximum number per 10% level of closure. The key is killing the spawning enemies as fast as possible so they would spawn the eximus types that drop traces. I find Atomos (so Amprex would work too) to be best since you can just shoot corpses and the beam would auto target enemies. Tonkor also works well since the explosion is large enough to cover the spawning ground but your rate of killing might actually be lower than Atomos due to long reload time. Also, Atomos can still be used while you're carrying reactants to the fissure.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!
Welp.

Apparently, current hotfix broke the starmap. Good going, DE.

E: Not broken for everyone but it still looks like quite a few people have a issue where the starmap just freezes. Can't do anything other than chat, unless you kill the game.

Mortvert fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 14, 2016

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Confirmed. I was using cat colors on my kubrow the other day.

Sweet, thanks. Let's hope they don't "fix" this.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

For max trace farming you bring 3 Ivara and a Nekros. The Ivaras pickpocet the eximus that spawn and the Nekros desecrates them when they die.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

should i just go ahead and sell that starter lato pistol? i've already maxed it out at 30 and everything and i really can't see myself using it ever again.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

should i just go ahead and sell that starter lato pistol? i've already maxed it out at 30 and everything and i really can't see myself using it ever again.

No, use it to build the Bolto. Then you can build ANOTHER bolto when you finish leveling the regular bolto and make them... the Akbolto! :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Welp this hotfix is busted as gently caress. Can't load back into my ship after missions

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
You should keep weapons that are either difficult to get (primes, syndicate weapons, things that require lots of rare resources or other weapons to build, limited availability weapons), weapons that are used to build other weapons (like Lato -> Bolto -> Akbolto -> Akjagara) and ones you foresee yourself using int he future either because they're very strong or very fun, and sell everything else once they hit 30.

If it's the starter Lato Mk. 1 though, you might have to get an actual Lato first to use to build the Bolto. Mk.1 weapons you should sell as soon as they're level 30 and you have something, basically anything, to replace them with.

Waci fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 14, 2016

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Lato can be safely sold, yeah. That inventory slot could go to much better use :D

Edit: or yeah, use it to make Something Better

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I keep every single gun i own so i don't have to make a list what i already built. What a hassle with something so cheap. Also built a second one and use the unranked one for the recipe.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 14, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

making the bolto sounds nice, but unfortunately neurodes are kind of a pain to get as well as orokin cells, so i guess it'll need to wait.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Murder Lephantis a bunch.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
You could come with me to the Moon and get 10 in 20minutes, bring a loot frame. If you need nekros/hydroid we could farm that first =) I am not the only one with 10 Lephantis keys just incase.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mind you, i'm fairly new to the game and only have like...4 planets unlocked. mostly was just wondering what to do with my lato, especially since i picked up a revolver which is infinitely more fun.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

FunkyFlashman posted:

I keep every single gun i own so i don't have to make a list what i already built. What a hassle with something so cheap. Also built a second one and use the unranked one for the recipe.

You do know your profile shows what you have mastery for, right? Or do you want the foundry to say "1 owned" that bad?

Peewi fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 14, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Johnny Joestar posted:

mind you, i'm fairly new to the game and only have like...4 planets unlocked. mostly was just wondering what to do with my lato, especially since i picked up a revolver which is infinitely more fun.

Tbh, if you're not looking to do it in the ~most efficient~ way, some earth defense mucking about while trying out new weapons usually nets you a few neurodes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mithaldu posted:

Tbh, if you're not looking to do it in the ~most efficient~ way, some earth defense mucking about while trying out new weapons usually nets you a few neurodes.

yeah, i've been playing some with a friend of mine. we did earth defense last night since i needed one more neurode to craft the boltor. took 10 rounds before a single neurode showed up, and apparently a second spawned but i never saw it so maybe it glitched through the floor. being able to get some later materials earlier through playing with him has been pretty nice, but so far neurodes seem to be one of the biggest pains to find.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Honestly, don't worry about things being a pain to get. Those points constantly keep changing as you move through the many hundred hours of gameplay. Also, when playing with friends, make sure they're aware they can waypoint resource drops by hitting the waypoint button while looking at the bottom of the light marker, after picking it up.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Okay, I've been having this problem ever since Rails came out:

Mods that drop do not have a sprite on them anymore. There is no gold spike for rare mods, and there is no small blue lines converging on a point for normal mods. It's weird cause things like ammo pickups and fissure traces and reactants still do have all those colorful things that make them stand out easier. This makes it impossible for me to tag mods that I've already picked up. I've also had troubles with some missing/super dark textures here and there.

I've verified my cache through the launcher, through steam, have deleted the game and all it's folders and redownloaded the entire game and they are still missing. I don't know what else to do.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Haquer posted:

Welp this hotfix is busted as gently caress. Can't load back into my ship after missions

Yeah, I didn't have any of the problems people had been having since the patch, but this hotfix just broke all kinds of poo poo for me.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Keksen posted:

Yeah, I didn't have any of the problems people had been having since the patch, but this hotfix just broke all kinds of poo poo for me.

Yeah the patch when it first came out was crash happy as gently caress, but the first hotfix took care of it. Guess I'll go dick off and wait for monster hunter to come out tomorrow :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mithaldu posted:

Honestly, don't worry about things being a pain to get. Those points constantly keep changing as you move through the many hundred hours of gameplay. Also, when playing with friends, make sure they're aware they can waypoint resource drops by hitting the waypoint button while looking at the bottom of the light marker, after picking it up.

yeah, my friend has a hell of a lot of hours in the game so he's pretty knowledgeable about it. mostly i'm fine with tagging along on whatever with him, because as i said, getting later crafting materials early is great in itself. also managed to get every blueprint piece for the nyx warframe, even if i'm not super interested in the frame itself.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Did DE say anything about fixing the cat/dog hybrid bug yet? Because I will not be able to get my space cat before sometime next week as I haven't played in a while.

e:
gently caress it, i just rush through it with some plat to be on the safe side. Meet Kill_Me_Please.

worth every penny, even if its just a worthless dog.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 14, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, my friend has a hell of a lot of hours in the game so he's pretty knowledgeable about it. mostly i'm fine with tagging along on whatever with him, because as i said, getting later crafting materials early is great in itself. also managed to get every blueprint piece for the nyx warframe, even if i'm not super interested in the frame itself.

Nyx is really fun for defense missions because she can make all the enemies fight themselves instead of you. :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Resting on my Nyx laurels for so long has really bitten me in the rear end.
Even though I've been playing this dumb game since day one, I've only just gotten to mastery 10. Not a huge deal, I guess but there are some syndicate stuff I can't get yet.
Here is a list (from memory and mostly just for myself) of frames I have maxed:

-Excalibur
-Excalibur Prime
-Mag
-Frost
-Nyx
-Nyx Prime
-Loki
-Oberon
-Inaros
-Valkyr
-Banshee
-Vauban
-Rhino

There are SEVENTEEN frames I don't even have built and that's not including their Prime variants.
A fellow Goon was kind enough to help me finish off my Loki P. but I am somewhat daunted by the sheer amount of "work" ahead of me.
That being said, I intend to make and make every standard frame and buy the slots to support them.

EDIT: That's not even factoring in ArchWing stuff (and I'm a weirdo that likes the new system). I'm probably going to play more of those missions because I just want a new Zone of The Enders.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 14, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnJO0Tjlogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I was just gonna paste that :argh: