Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Can't wait to catch one of those

Problem is that Cyberdemons are Dark/Steel, so any Fighting-type can gently caress them up by breathing on them.

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001

Mr.... Tim... Tebow?

Is he going to talk about how he is discriminated against in the NFL because of his love for Jesus?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Egad. Lets forget all about phone books, typical church internet websites, etc. being plastered with physical addresses and the like.

Fuckers just love to hate, don't they.

they don't even follow the hidden ichthys to the secret meeting place

:sad:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

NO ONE TELL THEM THAT GPS WAS ALREADY ORIGINALLY USED FOR MISSILE GUIDANCE SYSTEMS. It'd ruin the surprise.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

GPS? It's like the guy doesn't even understand the existence of maps.

Those two clips are loving insanity.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Can only hope Tebow Tebows on stage. Dipshits will loose their minds over that.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
I love that Rick Wiles overlooks how people playing Pokemon Go are capturing the "demons", keeping churches clean of the digital infestation, like cyber-exorcists.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Can only hope Tebow Tebows on stage. Dipshits will loose their minds over that.

You just know he will. It's literally all he really has left that makes him famous.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NatasDog posted:

You just know he will. It's literally all he really has left that makes him famous.

come on man he can talk about his long and notable NFL career-ahahahaha

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:stare: ...go on, Josh, what else has this external force told you to do?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

NatasDog posted:

"HE LOVES THE JESUS. NOT LIKE THAT LAYBRON JAMES THUG THAT TALKS ABOUT TAKING AWAY MAH GUNS!

HE LOVES THE JESUS! "

I was seriously thinking about voting for a third party candidate or writing in a candidate up until this very week.

Then the GOP platform was revealed, the list of speakers was revealed and we found out who the VP was.

I am now really excited to vote down these assholes out of nothing more but spite.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
loose their minds

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

anonumos posted:

I love that Rick Wiles overlooks how people playing Pokemon Go are capturing the "demons", keeping churches clean of the digital infestation, like cyber-exorcists.

Somewhere right now there is a christian group considering making a proper godly version called 'Kingdom Go' where you have to go hunting bible verses.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Pixelboy posted:

Can we pay money to get things added to the word filter on SA? Because... god drat...

I want this:
milo stephanopoulos = balki bartokomous

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Somewhere right now there is a christian group considering making a proper godly version called 'Kingdom Go' where you have to go hunting bible verses.

Or maybe famous biblical personages!

"Yay! I just got Nebuchadnezzar!"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Goddammit I flew all the way to Jerusalem to do the Joseph of Arimathea raid and it says I have to wait three days until it resets.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

anonumos posted:

There are actually several priests that say they got some people who came to their Churchs for Pokemon hunts to stay for a service so if anything its bringing people to God.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I hope Tim Tebow announces that he's running for congress at the convention.

Also Re; Pokestops. I have three Pokestops and a Gym in my general area (The area I can kind of sort of get to without a car)

it's 2 churches and a water tower for the Pokestops, and the Gym is one of the churches again, but a few blocks away. I don't get how that happened.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Stallion Cabana posted:

Makes sense. The modern congress favors running over passing.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Brain Curry posted:

:boom:

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Brain Curry posted:

:fry:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Dammit_Carl! posted:

https://youtu.be/kvGCELWKPHI

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Stallion Cabana posted:

Also Re; Pokestops. I have three Pokestops and a Gym in my general area (The area I can kind of sort of get to without a car)

it's 2 churches and a water tower for the Pokestops, and the Gym is one of the churches again, but a few blocks away. I don't get how that happened.

Ingress, the AR game developed by Niantic, used Google Maps to do its thing. Churches are a point of interest on a map.

They just imported the database from Ingress over.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brain Curry posted:

:thurman:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Phone posted:

Ingress, the AR game developed by Niantic, used Google Maps to do its thing. Churches are a point of interest on a map.

Yeah the funny thing is the churches probably happened because the ingress players could go to them regularly and mess around during services, making them more popular and thus points

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stallion Cabana posted:

Man, I'd hate to be the guy who ascends K2 or Everest with his cell, only to find that the only Pokemon up there are Rattatas and Butterfrees. :v:

Brain Curry posted:

:perfect:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

loose their minds

They're loose enough.

Also, honestly "videogames are corrupting our youth" STILL? You want to get me on your side, talk about how fuckers should put it down and drive but I mean come the gently caress on. Just LOOK at this DEMONIC creature:

http://tinypic.com/r/r1j02h/9

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 14, 2016

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

happyhippy posted:

Dammit, if only I had the time to write this. I've been looking for an easy meal ticket on the right-wing grift train for a while now.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BiggerBoat posted:

They're loose enough.

Also, honestly "videogames are corrupting our youth" STILL? You want to get me on your side, talk about how fuckers should put it down and drive but I mean come the gently caress on. Just LOOK at this DEMONIC creature:

I would totally play Ars Goetia Go. Be the first in your town to catch a Valefor!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

I would totally play Ars Goetia Go. Be the first in your town to catch a Valefor!

Shin Megami Tensei Go seems like a natural extension from here.

You may or may not have to aim your phone at your head to fight demons.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Unironically hope someone makes this because interacting with dead Babylonian kings that no one else can see at a Starbucks will definitely strike a blow agains the occult.

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Funny how these guys went silent from the first generation of Pokemon until now. It's almost as if they latch onto whatever is popular as a way of keeping relevant!

Pope Guilty posted:

Shin Me-Go-mi Tensei.

Fossilized Rappy fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 14, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Phone posted:

oh I get that.

It's just funny that they say it's not church-like when the majority of stuff I've seen is in Churches; if you're going to pokestops you're probably going to at least some churches.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The Catholic Church used to have trading cards for the Saints. It seems like that would be pretty easy to gameify.

A bunch of saints come with weapons in their iconography because of how they were martyred so those are your warriors. Saints with things like ropes, keys or cats would be a good rogue class. Flowers and poo poo make up your support class. Offensive magic has bells and books. Throw in special powers for their realm.

Fight against temptations, gladiators, heretics and demons.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At what point does Tim Tebow just become Al Bundy boasting about how good he was at football when he was a kid?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Shbobdb posted:

The Catholic Church used to have trading cards for the Saints. It seems like that would be pretty easy to gameify.

A bunch of saints come with weapons in their iconography because of how they were martyred so those are your warriors. Saints with things like ropes, keys or cats would be a good rogue class. Flowers and poo poo make up your support class. Offensive magic has bells and books. Throw in special powers for their realm.

Fight against temptations, gladiators, heretics and demons.

Where does that put that one saint that's typically depicted holding her severed breasts on a platter?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

citybeatnik posted:

Where does that put that one saint that's typically depicted holding her severed breasts on a platter?

Somewhere in a heavy metal band, I'd imagine. Maybe that's the bard?

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

At what point does Tim Tebow just become Al Bundy boasting about how good he was at football when he was a kid?

Soon as he steps down from the podium, I think.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

"Aw jeez, Peg!" [puts hand in pants slowly]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

STAC Goat posted:

If anything he'll follow the Duck Commander and become the leader of a church that's super popular for some reason