Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Pomp posted:

location????

https://www.facebook.com/Farmers-Arms-Hotel-Creswick-690444611098404/

Probably too far from where everybody else in the world is.

And yeah, they look delicious, but not at first glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Brawnfire posted:

One time I ate a packet of ramen spices for five bucks. My poo poo literally smelled like stew.

That sounds delightful. I might have to crosspost this to the lifehack thread.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm headed to suburban Montreal and bumfuck northern Vermont over the next several days. Anything gross I should avoid or deceptively good but gross-looking stuff I should be looking for with this thread in mind? (Poutine is a given, but poutine is not new.)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hirayuki posted:

I'm headed to suburban Montreal and bumfuck northern Vermont over the next several days. Anything gross I should avoid

Canadians

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Don't care how it looks. Go to a good deli and get Montreal smoked meat

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Haverchuck posted:

those look like they were breaded in-house, the huge ones that come armor-coated with breading and are uniform in size and shape probably come to the restaurant frozen on a truck

like heres some good onion rings

and some bad ones

the ones in your pic look closer to 'good' onion rings imo.

Would both with garlic sauce.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

I'm headed to suburban Montreal and bumfuck northern Vermont over the next several days. Anything gross I should avoid or deceptively good but gross-looking stuff I should be looking for with this thread in mind? (Poutine is a given, but poutine is not new.)

bunnyofdoom posted:

Seconded; a proper Montreal Smoked meat on rye with hot mustard is Divine.

For your 'looks like Linda Blair horfed into a bowl' category, check out the Split pea with ham soup, too. It's thick, green, and lumpy, and tastes great.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

:iceburn: literally ice because canada olololol

Sel Nar posted:

Seconded; a proper Montreal Smoked meat on rye with hot mustard is Divine.

For your 'looks like Linda Blair horfed into a bowl' category, check out the Split pea with ham soup, too. It's thick, green, and lumpy, and tastes great.

Thirded, and also get some fuckin' Montreal bagels.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Brawnfire posted:

One time I ate a packet of ramen spices for five bucks. My poo poo literally smelled like stew.

You way over paid.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bringmyfishback posted:

Thirded, and also get some fuckin' Montreal bagels.
I pinned two St-Viateur locations on Google Maps the second Cash Crab mentioned them in the old thread. I think we'll have to try Fairmount, too, though, just to be fair (no pun intended).

A smoked-meat sandwich is high on the list, too. And someplace like La Binerie with traditional Quebecois food that comes in various earth tones and looks extremely heavy, but probably tastes great.

I've read the description a few times and still don't know what the hell is under that gravy. :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like faggots to me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hirayuki posted:

I pinned two St-Viateur locations on Google Maps the second Cash Crab mentioned them in the old thread. I think we'll have to try Fairmount, too, though, just to be fair (no pun intended).

A smoked-meat sandwich is high on the list, too. And someplace like La Binerie with traditional Quebecois food that comes in various earth tones and looks extremely heavy, but probably tastes great.

I've read the description a few times and still don't know what the hell is under that gravy. :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11VGwX8AZO4

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

bunnyofdoom posted:

Schwartz's or GTFO.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks like faggots to me

Turn on your monitor.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Un chien andalou posted:

Schwartz's or GTFO.

Snowdon is good, too. But Schwartz, yeah.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks like faggots to me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Whoops sorry about this, I made a mistake :downs:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Whoops sorry about this, I made a mistake :downs:

you're a good mod.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

aw thanks :)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I actually didn't know that faggots were a thing. I thought they were just regular meatballs, didn't know there was a special distinction for them being made of off-cuts. I thought that was just all meatballs anyways. :downs:

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

https://youtu.be/ljv1fO4qrIw

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

you're a good mod.

Eh I've seen better. Until literally a bird wears a fruit hat I'll reserve my judgement.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

Eh I've seen better. Until literally a bird wears a fruit hat I'll reserve my judgement.

I have faith in the bird and know that she will never get brutally owned by a little redheaded kid.

Anyway we call this the unholy taco in CCCC

Sephiroth_IRA has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Jul 14, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Those are the most terrified shrimp I've ever seen.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I have faith in the bird and know that she will never get brutally owned by a little redheaded kid.

Is it weird that I totally would eat that, especially if the meat and cheese had been heated up till the cheese was all melty first(and maybe add some Tapatio as well)

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Is it weird that I totally would eat that, especially if the meat and cheese had been heated up till the cheese was all melty first(and maybe add some Tapatio as well)

Honestly the meat and cheese is the most appealing part of that. Between the flavorless wet iceberg and the flavorless watery tomatoes and the almost assuredly stale store bought corn Taco shell, it's hard not to be.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Un chien andalou posted:

Schwartz's or GTFO.

I've been told that Dunn's is better

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

loving lord.

ChickenWing posted:

My mother bought my ex-husband a $60 brisket from Schwartz's and he ate it in three days. I was more impressed than anything.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

ChickenWing posted:

Either you were lied to, or the person who told you that has terrible taste.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

This reminds me of those artificial vaginas they make out of rubber gloves and sponges in prison

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

twoday posted:

This reminds me of those artificial vaginas they make out of rubber gloves and sponges in prison

Uh huh, "in prison"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Can you reconcile this with no pizza rules?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

steinrokkan posted:

Can you reconcile this with no pizza rules?

Ham is a common topping so it's not like putting an rear end on pizza is all that new

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It looks like a pretty lovely pizza, but I'd vote for it before I voted for the actual Trump.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I've never deliberately ruined food before but if I got a trump pizza I'd probably leave it in the oven for 8 hours

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Donald Trump is awesome, I am okay with a Trumpizza.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

twoday posted:

Wow Interesting I had no clue that prisoners did this sort of thing, how exactly do they make them?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Un chien andalou posted:

Either you were lied to, or the person who told you that has terrible taste.

Yeah. Dunn's is really hit and miss. Their 24h location in the west island is complete garbage.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Wow Interesting I had no clue that prisoners did this sort of thing, how exactly do they make them?

They put a glove into a tube of sponge. Voila!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

As a man who has, on many occasions, rolled up a Kraft Single in a balogna slice and eaten it, would.