Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MustachioNut
May 19, 2009
I'm not seeing it (in the UK), but I'l keep an eye on it. May actually be released at midnight regionally? More than I expected anyway so props for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Capcom EU tweeted it was supposed to be on EU shop at midnight (euro time obviously) so it -might- be regional.

Last tweet 16 hours ago from Capcom USA was "I'll try to find out eshop time" so uh... probably soon :v:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Yeah unable to buy in UK :(

I actually have it pre-ordered in game but with the amount I play it and the faster loading times you get with it downloaded...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Minrad posted:

Capcom EU tweeted it was supposed to be on EU shop at midnight (euro time obviously) so it -might- be regional.

Last tweet 16 hours ago from Capcom USA was "I'll try to find out eshop time" so uh... probably soon :v:

Someone in discord said they're downloading. And I think a few US people have copies already arriving? :allears:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega Comrade posted:

Yeah unable to buy in UK :(

The grave consequences of Brexit already rearing its head?

MustachioNut
May 19, 2009

Your Computer posted:

The grave consequences of Brexit already rearing its head?

If that's the case can I come live in your country?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The load times wouldn't be any slower on cartridge, right? I mean, it still installs.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Fuzz posted:

The load times wouldn't be any slower on cartridge, right? I mean, it still installs.

I remember seeing comparisons for 4 with digital being a tad faster but I could be misremembering. Im really just trying to justify it to myself.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ordered the 3ds grips from all the feedback.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Ordered the 3ds grips from all the feedback.

Someone buy my extra grips!

MustachioNut
May 19, 2009
Out in the uk store now.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Hey guys how does the Nintendo eshop work with new releases? Will I be able to buy this midnight New York time here in CA digitally or do they release it at 10am like some Steam titles?

MustachioNut
May 19, 2009
It seems to be releasing at midnight wherever you are from what I can tell.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

natetimm posted:

Hey guys how does the Nintendo eshop work with new releases? Will I be able to buy this midnight New York time here in CA digitally or do they release it at 10am like some Steam titles?

Midnight EST for most (and apparently this one for the UK at least).

If not it'll be 12pm EST tomorrow.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
AAAAAAAAAHHH

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Any info on how big the download is?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

natetimm posted:

It's 4.8M but if you wait until evening and do mission 3 you have a chance at getting the 5.5M version.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Fuzz posted:

It's 4.8M but if you wait until evening and do mission 3 you have a chance at getting the 5.5M version.

Gonna frame this post in my bathroom

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just nuzzled a llamasheep.

GOTY.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

natetimm posted:

Someone said 12k blocks (so 1.5 GB) in the last thread but I can't confirm it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

so I went against best judgement and tried aerial HBG in the demo against the owl

it went really loving poorly, I dunno if its just me being rusty but none of the controls felt right and the aerial part felt like poo poo.

I went in thinking oh I'll just rebind the shoot button to a shoulder button so I can quickaim with the CPP and fire without having to move my thumb. Apparently that doesn't work?

MustachioNut
May 19, 2009

natetimm posted:

Just finished my download. It claims to be using 12,536 blocks of storage.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

As stylish as MHG is we need Dante armor for us this time and not the cat.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
For you non-creative people out there like me, Gaijinhunter is starting to roll out his top weapons vids for Gen-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJizsvCEHg

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 15, 2016

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Australia gets hosed in the rear end again =[

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I might be a high rank pleb and it might be MH4U, but fuuuuuck does it feel good to get a mono heart after 4 hunts :allears:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Suddenly I have An Intense Desire For Monster Hunter Generations

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna have to choke something if this isn't out in the us when I finish work.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Man, adept long sword is so challenging (to level the gauge anyway,) but man pulling off that counter feels so good. It's pretty out of my comfort zone, but I'm definitely going to start out with it. It's not something all that suitable for smaller/faster monsters that cover a lot of distance with their attacks, but I'd love to hone it and be pulling off some sick ninja samurai poo poo in the endgame.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Some Capcom PR guy on neogaf says 9am PST so...yeah :(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

gently caress that guy

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Ceramics posted:

:suicide:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ceramics posted:

God drat it, gently caress.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ceramics posted:

Standard release time for third-party software, it shouldn't surprise people.

That just means I won't be tempted to get it on the eShop despite having pre-ordered it. :v:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Your Computer posted:

From the little I've heard, everyone hates it.

I like it because it feels like a much more impactful end to a combo than just "three pokes, then uh.. wait a little". :unsmith:

It's very... Different. It really forces a change in mentality, a long-time lancer is used to the 1-2-3-dodge rhythm so having the extra long third hit can be irritating. But it IS a very nice attack as far as motion values and such go, it's just less safe than the old simple poke. The old finisher is 27 motion value while the new one is 3 quick 15 motion value hits, which makes status and elemental lances a lot stronger than they used to be, and lances were already pretty good at elemental/status stuff. Just gotta get used to the new rhythm of it and it's fine.

It's just gonna gently caress me over once they scrap styles for whatever reason and I have to re-learn the old 1-2-3 timing again :v:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So as lance or sns I should go elemental?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

enojy posted:

gently caress that guy

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tenzarin posted:

So as lance or sns I should go elemental?
You don't have to. I never went elemental SnS in 4u and did perfectly fine.

It's certainly better if you do provided you do all the extensive homework and weapon switching and poo poo. Actually I'm not even sure if it is cause of how good crit is in this game and maybe some new skills so meh. I'm going RAW BABY.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That video someone posted for the top 5 greatswords, showed one where you could make 100% affinity set. It had 35% on the greatsword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You get free affinity on the SnS too from oils. But crit elemental was pretty bad in MH4u. I have no idea about this one but it's an idea I guess. Also have no idea how elemental works with hunter arts either.

So many fun things to look into UGH loving NINTENDO RELEASE IT AT MIDNIGHT

• Locked thread