Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The best part about those models is that they're your entire army. Some dude deploys 200 models. You plop down your Stormbird full of men inside man transports all nesting doll style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Mastodon looks like a sick monster truck somebody forgot to stick huge muddin tires on.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So I just got a BaC Tactical squad off eBay to make a small support squad with and goddamn am I sorely tempted to ditch a Mk III Death Guard army and do a Mk IV Blood Angels one instead.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

I'm honestly kind of terrified of how horrifically long of a game it would be where you can not only field either of those monsters, but still have the points left over to fill them up with adequate units. At this point you're basically using the entire living room as the battlefield, with the furniture as impassable mountains and cats as warp storms.

And this is what the Minotaur was made for.

This reminds me of the story I heard of once - two 40K players were having this huge IG tank battle at a big store or con or something like that. Both had a whole bunch of Basilisks that, turned out, couldn't really affect the game meaningfully, and by the end of turn 2 they were getting bored - so they ended up retasking their Basilisks to start lobbing poo poo at the Lord of the Rings Battle for Helm's Deep recreation two tables over.

Apparently massed Uruk-Hai really don't appreciate it when it suddenly starts raining S9AP3 Ordnance pieplates.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
30K Hams, I have a big favour to ask. I'm looking to add 30K content to the Vassal Epic Mod I've been kind-of-but-not-really working on the last few years, but there's a distinct lack of sprites in the 40K mod to crib from. Last night, I took a pic of my Epic Fellblade and tried Vassal-ising it, with these results:

Problem is there aren't many aerial views of 30K vehicles out there. If anyone is willing to take top-down pics of their stuff (anything but infantry), along with length and width dimensions, I'll import it into a 30K extension for the 40K mod in addition to Epic, as well as prioritise it your Legion's colours.

Disclaimer: I am really loving lazy so this may not pan out, or take a really long time to produce results.

Cheers.

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 13, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

spacegoat posted:

Problem is there aren't many aerial views of 30K vehicles out there.

FYI: a lot of vehicles on FW's page have a 360. A lot, but not all, have top down views.
e. Actually a ton of things have fancy 360 views, not just vehicles/super heavies.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 13, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Drake_263 posted:

And this is what the Minotaur was made for.

This reminds me of the story I heard of once - two 40K players were having this huge IG tank battle at a big store or con or something like that. Both had a whole bunch of Basilisks that, turned out, couldn't really affect the game meaningfully, and by the end of turn 2 they were getting bored - so they ended up retasking their Basilisks to start lobbing poo poo at the Lord of the Rings Battle for Helm's Deep recreation two tables over.

Apparently massed Uruk-Hai really don't appreciate it when it suddenly starts raining S9AP3 Ordnance pieplates.

I feel like every gaming group has a story like this. I doubt many are true but I enjoy them all nonetheless.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Well poo poo forget I asked. That's awesome, thanks Mango.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SRM posted:

I feel like every gaming group has a story like this. I doubt many are true but I enjoy them all nonetheless.

I know of one that did it specifically because they heard the stories, played with it a bit, and decided it wasn't actually that funny and both groups went back to playing normally.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

So I just got a BaC Tactical squad off eBay to make a small support squad with and goddamn am I sorely tempted to ditch a Mk III Death Guard army and do a Mk IV Blood Angels one instead.
I wouldn't worry about limiting a legion to one Mk of armor. It's too limiting and the MkIV set is way too good. It's also relatively inexpensive when compared to straight FW prices. :v:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Safety Factor posted:

I wouldn't worry about limiting a legion to one Mk of armor. It's too limiting and the MkIV set is way too good. It's also relatively inexpensive when compared to straight FW prices. :v:

They're also a handy way to divide up squads. I've got Mk III and Mk IV Tactical Squads.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Emperor's Children look so loving good with the upgrade helmet gently caress

I'd get more torsos but the Bolters cover them up too much

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
The work continues on my Word Bearers' demonic allies!

Using Bulbasaur's Zenithal Highlighting guide, I've made a start on a Demon Prince - still very much WiP.

The arms and waist is magnetised. Legs are done, just working on the shield + axe before I finish off the torso armour!

His name is The Colchisian Reaper.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Daemon Prince kit is so good.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

That's actually Malacant, Servant of Dis from the Mierce Miniatures range. They are apparently a bit unethical but... I'm riding the resin dragon hard.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

They're also a handy way to divide up squads. I've got Mk III and Mk IV Tactical Squads.
Yeah, I'm planning on using the different Mks to indicate different types of squads. MkIV for tacticals, support squads, heavy support squads, etc. Mk III for breachers and I think that's what artillery units come with. MkII for veterans and similar squads. Unfortunately, there are no MkII or MkIII biker legs/arms so units like that are locked into MkIV which is fine. I have thought way too much about this crap.

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

The surprise of who's behind the shield is spoiled a bit by putting his face on it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
When I see that model, I imagine a roman legionary that ascended to daemonhood

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BULBASAUR posted:

When I see that model, I imagine a roman legionary that ascended to daemonhood

Checks out.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I think part of the backstory is actually that Constantine controls the legions of hell... So makes sense. I'm going to have his bigger brother Krull be my Bloodthirster or a stand in for Samus or Aangrath in larger games.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I am so looking forward to people flipping their poo poo out tomorrow.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
All I need to know is whether or not assault marines are cheaper and any details at all on space wolves.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lord Twisted posted:

The work continues on my Word Bearers' demonic allies!

Using Bulbasaur's Zenithal Highlighting guide, I've made a start on a Demon Prince - still very much WiP.

The arms and waist is magnetised. Legs are done, just working on the shield + axe before I finish off the torso armour!

His name is The Colchisian Reaper.

Looks amazing. Do you have a link to the guide handy?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I'm ready for the Magnus teaser

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I hope it's part of a diorama of Leman Russ breaking his back.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

TKIY posted:

Looks amazing. Do you have a link to the guide handy?

http://www.powerfisted.com/?p=199

I'm using a mixture of GW inks and army painter quickshade. For the metallics I just do super thin coats and then ink to colour.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

I am so looking forward to people flipping their poo poo out tomorrow.

Over the red books or something else?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Over the red books or something else?

Red books, since the digital versions go live tomorrow.

But I really have no idea about what's in them, I'm just assuming FW will do some drastic changes here or there and gently caress up people's armies/plans :v:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

But I really have no idea about what's in them, I'm just assuming FW will do some drastic changes here or there and gently caress up people's armies/plans :v:

Im eagerly awaiting my copy, just a shame they dont get SENT until friday.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

panascope posted:

Such is the eventual fate of all traitors.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

panascope posted:

No gives a poo poo about that fool Magnus, it's Ahriman that makes people all hot and sweaty.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

No gives a poo poo about that fool Magnus, it's Ahriman that makes people all hot and sweaty.

If one one eyed monkey Magnus doesn't get you going I don't know what to say

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Definitly all about that one eye

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Russ drools, the Lion rules (and will never get a model (or actual rules (or even decent legion rules)))

Mango Polo posted:

I had forgotten about the digital versions. I am anxiously awaiting my physical copy, but at least we'll know what's up.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 14, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
175 points for the base assault squad, that's a 75 points drop. Extra marines at 13 points instead of 15. Dayum.

And regular apothecaries can ride & join bikes. White Scars just got scarier.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 15, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:f5:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's a nice buff for Iron Hands, Dork Angles, and White Cars. Keep the deets flowing, mango.

FW please hire me, TIA

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Sadly iTunes is being a little bitch and refusing to release the book.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The rear endaultpocalypse begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Breachers and vets are 25 points cheaper, eh.

Tacticals still the same cost. There goes any hope of making those any good.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 15, 2016