Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Pull out your dick and start jackin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's my default response to any confrontation

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Some guy screamed "gently caress you, I'm going to kill you". And I started screaming "gently caress me, big boy, gently caress me", complete with hip thrusting. He didn't gently caress me. :sigh:

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Chichevache posted:

Some guy screamed "gently caress you, I'm going to kill you". And I started screaming "gently caress me, big boy, gently caress me", complete with hip thrusting. He didn't gently caress me. :sigh:

Sorry, bro. Maybe next time?

I really don't know. I don't think he was mad, and it wasn't like I interacted with him in traffic at all. I didn't give him any gestures or anything. I was just sort of present. Maybe he was trying to say how much he liked my sw8 green bike.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
You cut him up, from behind.

Which is to say, he nearly hit you because he didn't notice you, and then he did notice you and it gave him a scare. You made him feel bad, so you're a bad person, so now you get yelled at.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Half the reason I wear a mirrored faceshield is so I can stare at people with my cold, unfeeling robot face.

:goleft: EAT. A DICK. HU MAN.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

captainOrbital posted:

Half the reason I wear a mirrored faceshield is so I can stare at people with my cold, unfeeling robot face.

:goleft: EAT. A DICK. HU MAN.

I already have a cold unfeeling robot face in normal everyday life.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
INTP hi 5.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Day Man posted:

I already have a cold unfeeling robot face in normal everyday life.

A+ av post combo

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
What the gently caress is this bullshit? Is nothing sacred?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Yerok posted:

I do not like it

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
In what way should I be offended?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Simpson

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
lovely trash company that makes "full face" helmets that are basically a 3/4 with a worthless chin bar producing a shameless copy of the Simpson Bandit.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 13, 2016

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Yerok posted:

lovely trash company that makes "full face" helmets that are basically a 3/4 with a worthless chin bar producing a shameless copy of the Simpson Bandit.

Yeah, I've wondered this about the Gringo - does it meet DOT as a full-face or as a 3/4 (that just happens to have a decorative chin bar)? Handling them in person does not give me confidence. I wonder the same about the Bell Bullitt but at least they're a trusted brand.

I want a company to put the awesome simple, retro, colorful graphics Biltwell and Bell put on their throwback helmets on a fully modern helmet with, like, vents and a movable visor.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Skid lids can be DOT/Snell approved. I used to think the same thing but I've found that I've gravitated towards solid white helmets.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Yerok posted:

Skid lids can be DOT/Snell approved. I used to think the same thing but I've found that I've gravitated towards solid white helmets.

It's important to me that I look as much like a European motorcycle cop as possible, which is why I rock a solid white helmet, hi-viz jacket and black pants.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Every time I replace a piece of gear some more hiviz creeps in. Eventually I'll just be solid dayglo.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I just can't with hi-vis. I'm not going out of my way to be hard to see, but I just can't do the rear end-yellow or rear end-green.

If they'd come out with more blazing orange, though, I'd be into it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
There's plenty of orange! Look harder. :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Renaissance Robot posted:

There's plenty of orange! Look harder. :colbert:

She has enough trouble finding gear that has actual armor in it. Forget about decent color options for women as well.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Bleep bloop I'm a dumbass. Sorry Lynza :blush:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I was walking back from the shops yesterday, waiting to cross the road and looking at a guy in complete highvis (loving everything, helmet jacket gloves pants backpack) sitting on his bandit in traffic, who seemingly was getting [i[very[/i] pissed off at the static bmw infront of him, revving his engine and doing the usual hand motions. Because, bmw? Like for the entire time i was waiting for the light on my side of the road the bmw hadn't done anything glaring.

What made it all funny for me though was that road is wide enough that you could filter a loving goldwing down the center, but he didn't.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Keket posted:

I was walking back from the shops yesterday, waiting to cross the road and looking at a guy in complete highvis (loving everything, helmet jacket gloves pants backpack) sitting on his bandit in traffic, who seemingly was getting [i[very[/i] pissed off at the static bmw infront of him, revving his engine and doing the usual hand motions. Because, bmw? Like for the entire time i was waiting for the light on my side of the road the bmw hadn't done anything glaring.

What made it all funny for me though was that road is wide enough that you could filter a loving goldwing down the center, but he didn't.

There's a point where ~safety~ can be taken to extremes.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

Chichevache posted:

She has enough trouble finding gear that has actual armor in it. Forget about decent color options for women as well.

As a woman I just wear mens gear. The stuff out there for women is mostly horrible (especially if you're fairly tall and weigh more than 100lbs) and I'm not a fan of pink. Other than not tapering in at the waist and being a bit tight in the chest, I got a jacket that fit fairly snug and it works just fine and doesn't look ridiculous.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Would that I could. I got the double whammy of being a small woman, so even the smallest men's gear isn't small enough. I wish I was like 6 fuckin feet tall

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein

Renaissance Robot posted:

Bleep bloop I'm a dumbass. Sorry Lynza :blush:

Aww, you know I love ya baby!

It's actually not so hard for me. I'm pretty tall, so I wear men's gear. I just wish that "high-vis" wasn't always yellow. I've seen some badass orange helmets, but most gear (excepting helmets) is either green/yellow hi-vis, or not. I'm not playing Fashion Rancher or anything, but I just can't do the green/yellow stuff.

Keket's story reminds me of when I'd just bought my bike and my husband and I were at the gear store.

A dude walked in in full ATGATT, everything as hi-vis as possible. He had that weird, manic air to him. Very much Beavis.

We were looking for gloves or something, and he was wandering around looking at stuff. Every so often he'd find an item with high-vis and yell, "YEAH! WOO! HIGH-VIS!" Also, "CAN'T HAVE TOO MUCH HIGH-VIS!"

As we walked up to the counter to pay, he sees what we have and says, "NEEDS MORE HIGH-VIS!"

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
I hear you the green/yellow hi-viz, I find it hideous and so I also don't wear it. As a compromise I've gotten some lime green gear for my helmet and gloves since my bike is blue and I'm a Seahawks fan so it works. It would be great if they would come out with some reflective gear in other colors.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nibbler posted:

I hear you the green/yellow hi-viz, I find it hideous and so I also don't wear it. As a compromise I've gotten some lime green gear for my helmet and gloves since my bike is blue and I'm a Seahawks fan so it works. It would be great if they would come out with some reflective gear in other colors.

I want an electric blue hi-viz so I can die happy and pretty.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Chichevache posted:

I want an electric blue hi-viz so I can die happy and pretty.

I could be blue voltron guy, yeah.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PaintVagrant posted:

I could be blue voltron guy, yeah.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I call dibs on his Hurricane.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Fuckkkkkkk I love pbf

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The change in the green guy's reaction is what gets me.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

He's next

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Icon do decent non-yellow/orange 'high vis' gear. God drat I want that blue raiden jacket.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Lynza posted:

We were looking for gloves or something, and he was wandering around looking at stuff. Every so often he'd find an item with high-vis and yell, "YEAH! WOO! HIGH-VIS!" Also, "CAN'T HAVE TOO MUCH HIGH-VIS!"

As we walked up to the counter to pay, he sees what we have and says, "NEEDS MORE HIGH-VIS!"

Please don't shame me on the internet, it's rude. Thanks.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Yerok posted:

I'd love a cheap knockoff Simpson if it's comfy enough. Am I 'that guy?'

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Please don't shame me on the internet, it's rude. Thanks.

If you didn't want it you wouldn't dress all in high-vis like that. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

N is for Nipples posted:

I'd love a cheap knockoff Simpson if it's comfy enough. Am I 'that guy?'

If you have to ask...