Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

There is also a really good young center with a bit less offensive potential who I expect to see gone soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I can definitely think of another 60+ point center still available who is quite good but Kadri to me drives possession extremely well and is locked into a great contract.

The guy I'm thinking of actually has lovely fancies it turns out but might be partially his team.

And yeah there are some good young centers left. My next pick gon be a tough decision even though I desperately need defensemen

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Kadri, RNH, and someone who hasn't been picked yet were the other two centers I was considering alongside Johnson.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
I don't particularly need another center, but then again the two I already have are just 20 years old each, so I will take Bryan Little and pencil him into the second line. Plus I think he can play RW if Reinhart can take #2C duties right away.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild pick Mitch Marner

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Boo you fucker.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

I don't particularly need another center, but then again the two I already have are just 20 years old each, so I will take Bryan Little and pencil him into the second line. Plus I think he can play RW if Reinhart can take #2C duties right away.

I'm glad you picked him because if he made it down to me I'd have struggled not to. Really good choice

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It's been like 2 and a 1/2 hours. Tech can pick, or Metapod since it's already been that long.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Tech is still on until 7:17 Eastern, the last pick was at 5:17.

Also, I'm beginning to think the guy I want might actually last until my pick, which means that he will now get taken three picks before hand.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

OK, now Metapod is up, until 9:17 Eastern, then Ginette Reno can pick too. Tech can still pick whenever.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Give me Erik Johnson

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Colorado selects Derek Stepan

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Colorado selects Derek Stepan

That was the center I was surprised wasn't taken yet. His fancies aren't that great, but they're not terrible either, and he does produce well.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Well I guess you won't have a hard to decision to make anymore :chord:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Alright, give me Sean Couturier so that Malkin doesn't have to worry about getting shut down by him, and also because he's a fantastic shutdown center with untapped offensive potential. Fancies are great.

Landeskog-Malkin
Henrique-Kuznetsov
Cooter

Murray

What's a defenseman?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So you really are going with the hypothetical of literally no one in front of Murray.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Couturier is one of the best shutdown centers but I'm not sure he can do it all by himself.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

JoelJoel posted:

So you really are going with the hypothetical of literally no one in front of Murray.

My forwards are pretty good defensively :colbert:.

There's a couple guys I want I'm hoping to get at some point. We'll see.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I love my dumb team

--- Henrik sedin ---
--- the Nuge. ---

Burns/Suter
Dumba/Campbell

Now I can put any lovely goalie in front of that dcore

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

With the 161st pick the Blackhawks select Mike Green, because he has nice bars.

Saad - Scheifele - Puljujarvi

OEL - Byfuglien
xxx - Green

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Alright, give me Sean Couturier so that Malkin doesn't have to worry about getting shut down by him, and also because he's a fantastic shutdown center with untapped offensive potential. Fancies are great.

Landeskog-Malkin
Henrique-Kuznetsov
Cooter

Murray

What's a defenseman?

This makes me feel better about drafting only one defenseman; I won't be alone in relying on 2nd pairing defensemen to make up my top pairing.

I'd put Kuzya on the wing with Malkin and Landeskog, and put Henrique and Couturier on the second line together; that second line would be a dominant two-way group.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Couturier is the fellow who I compared to Staal earlier, but truthfully I don't think he's ever gonna be even as good as Jordan is. Not that it's a knock on him just that don't underrate Jordan Staal, you bastards.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
gently caress, I wanted Mike Green. He's the only worthwhile defenseman on that poo poo team and I feel like his numbers would be higher if any of the dudes he passed to could actually bury a puck.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
already at the point where I'm throwing darts at the dartboard to get some character guys.

found one on a poo poo team with a poo poo owner

played half a year on a bum ankle which hurts his production, but he's a solid 2c playing as a 1, and even though he looks like he never does anything, he's always good for 50-60 points or so

I didn't even check his salary, watch him torpedo my budget, but gently caress it. character.

And this pick probably sucks but whatever

Kyle Turris

stab fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 15, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I got to watch Kyle Turris in the BCHL a lot and I'm really glad he managed to turn his career around after he was pretty much considered a massive bust by everybody. Beyond that I have no strong opinion of him.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ginette Reno posted:

Landeskog-Malkin
Henrique-Kuznetsov
Cooter

Murray

What's a defenseman?

I wasn't too optimistic that Cooter would fall to me but I really didn't think you'd pass on a D-man again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

stab posted:

already at the point where I'm throwing darts at the dartboard to get some character guys.

found one on a poo poo team with a poo poo owner

played half a year on a bum ankle which hurts his production, but he's a solid 2c playing as a 1, and even though he looks like he never does anything, he's always good for 50-60 points or so

I didn't even check his salary, watch him torpedo my budget, but gently caress it. character.

And this pick probably sucks but whatever

Kyle Turris

This is a great pick and his salary is fantastic. He's a great kludge #1 center to be getting at this stage.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I was debating Stepan on both my last two picks.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Kyle Turris is a solid pick. He's in tough as a #1, but he plays both ends of the ice, has a good shot, and excellent vision. He, Stone, Hoffman and Karlsson would be a fantastic foundation for a team. It's just what they built on top of it that sucks.

I like him more than a bunch of other centers picked before him.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
All of the centers I thought were gonna get taken got taken! Glad I decided to take Johnson when I did.

Jordan7hm posted:

Kyle Turris is a solid pick. He's in tough as a #1, but he plays both ends of the ice, has a good shot, and excellent vision. He, Stone, Hoffman and Karlsson would be a fantastic foundation for a team. It's just what they built on top of it that sucks.

I like him more than a bunch of other centers picked before him.

My short list was Johnson, Kadri, RNH, and Turris.

edit: actually it looks like there's still one more guy I had pegged to be gone by now

tofes fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 15, 2016

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

I wasn't too optimistic that Cooter would fall to me but I really didn't think you'd pass on a D-man again.

Just felt Cooter was more valuable than any of the d I might have taken. He's a fantastic two-way center already and I think he's got potential to be even better offensively. Could see him being a 50-60 point guy in his prime with the d, so basically a mini Bergeron.

tofes posted:

edit: actually it looks like there's still one more guy I had pegged to be gone by now

Yeah there's one more I'm thinking of who I almost took and is pretty good.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I was debating Stepan on both my last two picks.

Same, I'm not a big fan though and I really needed to start filling out my defense. There's one more forward not gone I almost took instead but defensemen are starting to become slim pickings

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
e: learn to spell morans

Paulocaust fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 15, 2016

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
He's gone already in case you haven't bounced from the thread yet

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

i am the bird posted:

He's gone already in case you haven't bounced from the thread yet

I have another few minutes on my phone but I can't see him anywhere in the spreadsheet. Am I missing something?

e: Some idiot spelled it "Krecji" insteaf of "Krejci", that's why. Give me a minute. If I haven't picked by 9:50 est just skip me.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This team needs some youth. Give me Boone Jenner because he's the only 30 goal centre left, hits like a truck and has crazy potential at 23.

Neal-Getzlaf-P Kane
?-Jenner-?

Seabrook-Weber

e: He also blocked the 4th most shots for any centre and is very good on faceoffs.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ah man. Can you please pick David Krejci again. :smith:

Okay, I take Jeff Skinner and pray his brain isn't so scrambled he never plays again.

Skinner-Kopitar-Okposo
XXX-Domi-XXX

Brodie-XXX

Schneider

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

You guys made me sad.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
Currently in crisis mode at work, so this one's gonna be quick and lovely!

I select Noah Hanifin because he'll fit right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The RECAPITATOR posted:

Currently in crisis mode at work, so this one's gonna be quick and lovely!

I select Noah Hanifin because he'll fit right in.

Didn't have a great year fancy dancy wise but the talent is pretty obvious. I think he'll be good soon.

• Locked thread