Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

A 3D model of a Calvin and Hobbes comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Did Samus kill Alucard and absorb his powers or something?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

When I played Fusion I was 8 and in the intro Samus talks about how being injected by metroid DNA changed her genetic makeup and I thought that meant her actual makeup because she was a girl and they put on makeup.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Not particularly a fan of SU, but I liked this :)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Concordat posted:

Did Samus kill Alucard and absorb his powers or something?

In metroid fusion Samus is infected by a space amoeba called X and so they inject her with metroid DNA and she becomes part metroid. I don't know why the artist thinks that means she has fangs.

Some random guy redesigned the fusion suit :shrug: I mean in the story the fusion suit isn't actually a mutation or anything. It's just the parts of the suit that were left over because they had to remove it by force to save her life. The rest of the suit became the SA-X.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

In metroid fusion Samus is infected by a space amoeba called X and so they inject her with metroid DNA and she becomes part metroid. I don't know why the artist thinks that means she has fangs.

I guess the logic is if she's part metroid now, making her into a vampire is kinda like giving her metroid-ish traits? Weirder fanart decisions have been made I guess.

And I still know nothing about Overwatch, but I love Dad 76:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

What's the lore on this one?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Arrested Development reference + characters too edgy to actually take seriously

e: source: http://mikemcspooky.tumblr.com/post/147408541097/this-was-commissioned-by-my-good-pal

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nuebot posted:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I guess the logic is if she's part metroid now, making her into a vampire is kinda like giving her metroid-ish traits? Weirder fanart decisions have been made I guess.

Come on guys, really? Mandibles to fangs, it's not a hard leap compared to bowling ball Tracer on the last page. And I guess red eyes because of the nucleus or something.

Anyway.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Is that Hatred guy or Nathan Explosion behind Lapis?

e: nvm just noticed the trenchcoat. Although I do wonder why Lapis is even on there at all. Wasn't aware she was considered an "edgy" character.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If Samus is part metroid then why doesn't she grow after absorbing the energy of fallen foes?

I mean, this isn't my fetish, just trying to make sure the lore is straight! :shepface:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Fusion implied that the Metroid grafts hosed up her appearance so I don't know why she would still be conventionally pretty but with claws and fangs and poo poo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The guy in back used to be a happy super hero named Speedball and then a super villain blew up a city so he got really sad and had a suit made full of nails that cut him constantly so he could feel the pain of the dead. :shepface: why do I accumulate all this poo poo from things I've read or played like once in my life. Guy on the far left is superboy prime I think, who no one likes. He grew up on an earth with no super powers, reading superman comics like a total nerd and then he found out he does have super powers and became an rear end in a top hat and punched time so hard he reset the continuity.

This isn't fan art.

This is though. Technically I think.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I can answer for one character at least. The guy holding the sign is Reaper, a playable character in Overwatch and his thing is being so loving hardcore and scary and he's like undead but not in a zombie way somehow so he floats around like a wraith and as he kills people he absorbs their souls and oh man he's so loving badass and scary-

And then within like two hours someone shouted 'YO LOOK AT HIS loving THIGHS!' And now here we are.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Prime's an rear end in a top hat because the writers at DC decided to use him to take jabs at the people who complained about how lovely their comics had gotten.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Prime's an rear end in a top hat because the writers at DC decided to use him to take jabs at the people who complained about how lovely their comics had gotten.

Oh yeah, and I think there was something about how all the characters people liked aren't reset but are actually off on some barren asteroid prison being tortured forever! Or maybe that was Marvel.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oddly I popped one of those right before seeing this.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

where do you even buy those? Is there a store that only grandparents know about

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

FlyinPingu posted:

I find them in bags of generic halloween candy. So I can only assume they're a grandma's worth of halloween candy.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Who is the jizz winged angel? Which final fantasy was that?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

FlyinPingu posted:

Those reminds me of some candy bags that are sold here in México.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FlyinPingu posted:

Most grocery stores have them with the other old school candies like the Neapolitan taffy cubes and root beer barrels in a corner somewhere.

Or just punch in Arcor Strawberry in to Amazon and granny candy yourself to death.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe. She's can control water. She was more mopey and defeatist than edgy, though.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Krinkle posted:

Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe. She was trapped in a mirror for possibly thousands of years, freed by Steven, and flew back to the gem homeworld, only to be brought back with a warrior gem named Jasper to crush the gem rebellion. Jasper fuses with her, but the resulting abomination uses Lapis' water powers to chain itself to the bottom of the sea where the two halves battled for dominance for a season.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

FlyinPingu posted:

Teachers are in on it too. I get mine from a wholesale food place that has cheap bulk candy. Not a secret but I refuse to tell the kids because my whole bribery scam goes out the window if one of them shows up with an industrial sized bag of candy thinking their king poo poo.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lasca posted:

Teachers are in on it too. I get mine from a wholesale food place that has cheap bulk candy. Not a secret but I refuse to tell the kids because my whole bribery scam goes out the window if one of them shows up with an industrial sized bag of candy thinking their king poo poo.

Then you have to poison that kid unless they usurp you and take your throne.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

yo, this is rad

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe. She was trapped in a mirror for possibly thousands of years, freed by Steven, and flew back to the gem homeworld, only to be brought back with a warrior gem named Jasper to crush the gem rebellion. Jasper fuses with her, but the resulting abomination uses Lapis' water powers to chain itself to the bottom of the sea where the two halves battled for dominance for a season.

This seems super-emo for Steven Universe.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Heath posted:

Fusion implied that the Metroid grafts hosed up her appearance so I don't know why she would still be conventionally pretty but with claws and fangs and poo poo

Doesn't matter because she went back to normal at the end so she could be Sakamoto's beautiful waifu.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Specter posted:

Oddly I popped one of those right before seeing this.

Dysfunctional Overwatch family would make a good animated sitcom spoof.

I'm not even joking, I would love to watch that show.

Achernar posted:

Lapis is the shows designated emo teen.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe. She's can control water. She was more mopey and defeatist than edgy, though.

Nah, that's Bob. She's kind of like a gay space rock version of Daria.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

https://twitter.com/ppmn/status/753315065718185984/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

... squirtle

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

...uses harden?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lasca posted:

He who controls the candy controls the classroom.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Achernar posted:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Achernar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHxO-_X3nrc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Dr Christmas posted:

Currently she is flying over New Jersey making farting noises.

SU tends to get somewhat whiplash-y with their drama and comedy characters.

• Locked thread