Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lezard_valeth posted:

Wait what? When was this stated?

As Nodt was definitely using his Fear power on Byakuya to keep him rooted while pelting him with Senbonzakura.

Did you pull this out of your rear end, or Kubo from his?

They can use that, it's the Vollständig that they can't use. And that's even possessing a stolen Bankai that prevents that, not just using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Aizen confronting Hitler got me excited but then he ignores him to rehash the loving sword breaking.

3 CHAPTERS 'TIL DEATH.

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013
Is there something about Ichigos sword that makes it really dangerous

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Also, why would Yhwach ever not be using his power? Does it take energy or anything? This is poorly articulated.

It is indeed poorly articulated. Though "it takes energy" seems like a reasonable assumption, since Yhwach sleeps a lot and Yamamoto must have defeated him somehow.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ampuli posted:

Is there something about Ichigos sword that makes it really dangerous

ywach instantly knowing that ichigo's sword is dangerous is the only indication he can see the future at all. the specifics haven't been revealed yet, since ichigo hasn't even had a chance to swing it even once.

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

It is indeed poorly articulated. Though "it takes energy" seems like a reasonable assumption, since Yhwach sleeps a lot and Yamamoto must have defeated him somehow.

Are you sure Kubo didn't just forget Yamamoto beat him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ampuli posted:

Are you sure Kubo didn't just forget Yamamoto beat him?

kubo forgot that ichigo never beat aizen, so maybe?

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

ywach instantly knowing that ichigo's sword is dangerous is the only indication he can see the future at all. the specifics haven't been revealed yet, since ichigo hasn't even had a chance to swing it even once.

Maybe he didnt swing it, maybe Aizen made Ywach think that he broke it. He has already got him under his hypnosis poo poo right? Cause if that is the case, Aizen can make Ywach think he's picking a particular future he wants, when really he is picking the future Aizen wants.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rynex posted:

Maybe he didnt swing it, maybe Aizen made Ywach think that he broke it. He has already got him under his hypnosis poo poo right? Cause if that is the case, Aizen can make Ywach think he's picking a particular future he wants, when really he is picking the future Aizen wants.

My guess is that it'll be more silly than that, like, Aizen decided that he'll do an illusion no matter what, so when Ywach picks a future he hastily picks a future in which Ichigo's sword gets broken, except he picked the future in which Aizen fooled him into thinking Ichigo's sword was broken, giving enough time for Ichigo to swing his magic sword and reveal what it actually does.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My guess is that it'll be more silly than that, like, Aizen decided that he'll do an illusion no matter what, so when Ywach picks a future he hastily picks a future in which Ichigo's sword gets broken, except he picked the future in which Aizen fooled him into thinking Ichigo's sword was broken, giving enough time for Ichigo to swing his magic sword and reveal what it actually does.

Except Ichigo's sword wasn't fully broken this time, just cracked, so there's no need for that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ywach picks a future where Gin is alive somehow, then Gin kills both Ywach and Aizen.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Given that this is Bleach. Ywach's power is the ability to see a future where his foe stands there smugging about their powers instead of murdering him, which gives him the time to mess things up. He lost to Yamamoto 1000 years ago because 1000 years ago Yamamoto only had "Kill everything" in all futures, regardless of what happens. Bach only survived because he selected the future in which Yamamoto was arrogant enough to not finish him off.

Everyone in Bleach is stupid because of Ywach causing brain damage for 1000 years.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Silver2195 posted:

Except Ichigo's sword wasn't fully broken this time, just cracked, so there's no need for that.

No, I'm saying that's what's happening right now, the cracks are a ruse by Aizen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can aizen use that power anymore at all? his sword self destructed when he became a butterfly

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Manatee Cannon posted:

can aizen use that power anymore at all? his sword self destructed when he became a butterfly

At what moment did you get the impression that he lost those powers? :smug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Manatee Cannon posted:

Remember he hosed with Omlette Eyes during the first invasion by messing with his sense of time and wasting it all with him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is possible, but kubo's been increasingly incoherent as this arc has gone on so i don't think it is likely.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

it is possible, but kubo's been increasingly incoherent as this arc has gone on so i don't think it is likely.

Considering that the last villain's power basically boils down to "he says that he wins and then he wins," Jump putting a bullet in this comic is probably one of the smartest moves it's ever made.

I mean, I've been "reading" it on the regular since Deicide, but more out of morbid fascination and because every chapter takes less than 3 minutes to click through because there's hardly ever any dialogue and all the panel space is devoted to just one or two characters in stiff poses with half-lidded expressions.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I'm "proud" to say I never stopped reading, even when it got really stupid or boring. I'm honored to have shared the experience with you slobs.

Bleach is dead, long live Bleach.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Im glad i stopped reading sometime three years ago and enjoyed life until this finally got to its ending.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I have read every chapter the day it's posted online since something like chapter 290.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Advice posted:

I'm "proud" to say I never stopped reading, even when it got really stupid or boring. I'm honored to have shared the experience with you slobs.

Bleach is dead, long live Bleach.

What is (brain)dead can never die.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Just for nostalgia's sake, I went back and checked Thread 12: Deicide Arc

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3271415&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2 (archives required)

I had a blast reading comments like:

quote:

I can't help but think that Orihime will be involved in Aizen's downfall somehow. Most likely, she'll reject the event of the captains viewing Aizen's shikai, making them unaffected by his Absolute Hypnosis. Then again, this is Bleach, and Ichigo is generally the only one allowed to save the day. So I'm guessing he'll see Aizen's shikai and everyone will be like "OH NO IT'S OVER, WE'RE hosed" and then Orihime will show up and fix it.

quote:

Everything is still leading up to Orihime actually growing a spine and rejecting Aizen out of existence. Ichigo is going to try his hand, fail in a massive way and then Orihime is going to show up, see everyone dying and immobilize Aizen, reject all of his illusions, and then very slowly reject Aizen out of existence

The series is about to end, and Orihime contributed absolutely nothing towards the plot other than being a damsel in distress. NOTHING. Biggest wet fart in history of manga?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hinata trying to fight pain and getting owned superhard comes to mind

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still believe in Orihime.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
Man. I remember when bleach was great. Remember pluses? Cause I do. A plus is a soul that exists in the real world. That was cool. Remember the Espada and how they were basically the an thesis of the real world and soul society and their numbers counted down to the most powerful? I thought that was cool too. Remember when butterfliazen, I'm sorry; Tite Kubo completely ran his narrative into the ground?? I was there for "Decide."

With 3 issues left I have never been so excited for this painful existence to end. I used to love this manga, now I can't wait to finally bury it.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Orihime is one of the worst written characters in a series of poorly written characters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I have read nothing of Bleach save for the last five chapters.

I was not there at the beginning, but I will proclaim its end.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've read this every week for at least the last 6 years. why

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

I've read this every week for at least the last 6 years. why

Altogether if only took about 15 minutes, though.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Someone save me the horror of picking this disasterpiece back up and answer the only question that matters: at the end, did Bleach poo poo the bed as hard as Naruto.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

The series is about to end, and Orihime contributed absolutely nothing towards the plot other than being a damsel in distress. NOTHING. Biggest wet fart in history of manga?

she's not chad

orihime might never get to do anything, but at least she's relevant to the plot sometimes

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Say Nothing posted:

So, Ichigo's sword breaking is the new Momo getting stabbed?

Has anyone seen Momo and Ichigo's new sword in the same panel.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

she's not chad

orihime might never get to do anything, but at least she's relevant to the plot sometimes

Well, with the exception of maybe the Fullbringer arc, Chad was never set up to contribute anything to the story and then missed the call.

Hell, at least Chad defeated a couple of mooks including the frog Hollow, the native American Shinigami, the STR investment Arrancar and the turtle Arrancar

Orihime was supposed to be this big thing during the fight against Aizen, but she was just a decoy.

She is the one to come with Ichigo to confront Bach, and she is defeated offscreen.

At least there's still the chance that if we ever go back to Chad it will be revealed that he defeated those statues and the manga ends with everyone congratulating him.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 15, 2016

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Terper posted:

I have read nothing of Bleach save for the last five chapters.

I was not there at the beginning, but I will proclaim its end.

You haven't earned that privilege. You haven't paid the iron price.

Meat Miracle posted:

Someone save me the horror of picking this disasterpiece back up and answer the only question that matters: at the end, did Bleach poo poo the bed as hard as Naruto.

Well, I'll say this for Bleach: Unlike Naruto, I'm never bored. And no one has introduced a new villain out of nowhere so our heroes can play tag for a few months.

It's been chutes and ladders, and Ichigo has been playing for years. :colbert:

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
What was the point of the loving fullbringers if Ichigo's sword broke just after they repaired it?

No really, what was the loving point of them existing? The fullbringer arc was a plothole filled mess and their role in this final arc was to repair Ichigo's sword but now why do they even need to exist? Why can't Kubo just forget that he wrote characters this lovely?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Geniasis posted:

And no one has introduced a new villain out of nowhere so our heroes can play tag for a few months

Uhhhhhhhhhh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Hinata trying to fight pain and getting owned superhard comes to mind

the hero was dithering so she stepped up to fight in his place despite being incredibly outmatched. she made a choice and bravely fought the guy who had already killed half the village instead of shrieking naruto's name over and over until he transformed. of course it was still naruto, so hinata (or any woman) was never going to beat or even slightly injure pain. but hey, she tried.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Who was introduced out of nowhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I blocked what a terrible character Sakura became at the end of Naruto from my mind

• Locked thread