Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Waffleman_ posted:

If they don't either license or cover What A Wonderful World for the last episode, I will be disappointed.

And I think to myself

What a wonderful ZA WARUDO

[9 second pause]

♪Sono chi no kiokuuuuu♪

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think everyone can agree that 'what a wonderful world' by louis armstrong would be the perfect song to end stone ocean w/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just want them to use God's Gonna Cut You Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStlBOX9F4o

or something by Johnny Cash

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Part 4 and 5 were very important. All of my friends from Part 4 and 5 are alive and having a good time after Part 6. Also, Pucci is better than Diavolo, but King Crimson still owns because of anger. Pucci is powerful.

Related: What the gently caress, Eyes of Heaven doesn't have local multiplayer, what a trash video game, I can't even take my family to Heaven with the power of a hot ebony stud, WTF

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FirstAidKite posted:

I just want them to use God's Gonna Cut You Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStlBOX9F4o

or something by Johnny Cash

This is The Dream End Song for part 6.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYOKFjpm9s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, imo it works really well all the way up through the end because it does such a good job of representing Jolyne's attempt to keep on truckin and Pucci's attempts to fulfill God/Dio's will, and then at the end it switches over to Pucci getting cut down by his own fate

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna add that my song, besides fitting in, also fits Stone Ocean's publication date, so I called the OP ahead of time.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I enjoyed Pucci's machinations, despite usually involving some degree of nonsense. loving around the Prison, being a dick, manipulating people, I enjoyed it. I don't think he's the best but I enjoyed him as a villain more than Diavolo and Kars.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Honestly the thing that bothers me most about pucci is his hair

wtf is going on with his eyebrows

Also, remember that time pucci slammed that marilyn manson debt collector chick's head into the corner of his desk for trying to steal from him? That was pretty brutal.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

incredibly fast gay priest moving at very hihg speeds

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gay Florida Priest claims the only way to get to heaven is to get high

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

I wanna add that my song, besides fitting in, also fits Stone Ocean's publication date, so I called the OP ahead of time.

Diamond is Unbreakable ran from 1992 to 1995, while I Want You was released in 1996.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Baal posted:

Gay Florida Priest claims the only way to get to heaven is to get high

Gay Florida Priest reads poetry to baby, feels closer to God.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Red Metal posted:

Diamond is Unbreakable ran from 1992 to 1995, while I Want You was released in 1996.

araki forgot

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Remember when I said six new chapters would be coming very soon? Well, that was a lie.

Because eight, yes, eight new chapters of Vento Aureo just went up on Batoto. Click on sexy King Crimson to read them now:

And also, this week's mistranslation highlight:

In the old translation, this map of Venice, Italy was incorrectly labeled with several landmarks from Vienna, Austria.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Daxing Dan posted:

In the old translation, this map of Venice, Italy was incorrectly labeled with several landmarks from Vienna, Austria.

the gently caress

also thank you for your contributions mr dan

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ah yes, the Danube river of Venice. I know it well.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Okay, so now can someone explain how King Crimson works? :v:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

CuddlyZombie posted:

I think I figured out one of his powers

:parrot: :quagmire:

And then Buccellati gets fisted by another man so it works out perfectly fine.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

He applied Epitaph to Bruno to confuse him in the same way he applies Epitaph to Doppio later to aid him in the Metallica fight

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am not touching sexy King Crimson no matter what, I don't know where the second face has been

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

FirstAidKite posted:

He applied Epitaph to Bruno to confuse him in the same way he applies Epitaph to Doppio later to aid him in the Metallica fight

Isn't the subsequent confusion and disorientation for everyone else the only thing "erasing time" actually does? Just confuses and disorients people, while he can use Epitaph's predictio- forecast to simultaneously avoid pitfalls. All that stuff about actions vs. results seem now like they were just metaphor and flowery language.

Is it really that simple?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

loving incredible

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Remember when I said six new chapters would be coming very soon? Well, that was a lie.

We are not worthy

e: The page order for the first chapter you've linked is a little out

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 15, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
King Crimson works, but only on weekends

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

We are not worthy

e: The page order for the first chapter you've linked is a little out

Dang, right as I step outside, this happens. I'll tell the editor to get that fixed as soon as I'm able.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

Isn't the subsequent confusion and disorientation for everyone else the only thing "erasing time" actually does? Just confuses and disorients people, while he can use Epitaph's predictio- forecast to simultaneously avoid pitfalls. All that stuff about actions vs. results seem now like they were just metaphor and flowery language.

Is it really that simple?

Yeah

Just remember that Epitaph itself lets King Crimson forecast without having to erase time. He did the same thing to Bruno causing Bruno to attack what he thought was the boss, but was actually just himself in the future, having moved to that spot due to the self-fulfilling prophecy of attempting to punch himself.

e: I really like just how much Diavolo is the inverse of Dio. Not just in name or with the stairwell polnareff bit, but also with the fact that with Dio, the Crusaders knew where he was and were trying to get to him while also trying to figure out what his stand power is, while with King Crimson and Diavolo, the Gang Stars know what his stand does and are actively running away and trying to escape from him while trying to figure out his identity.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 15, 2016

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It's just, it's hilarious to me that so much confusion and weird interpretations of "it erases the cause but not the effect" have all been simply because the original translators took metaphor literally.

It's like if, I dunno, people thought DIO'S World was an alternate world/reality that DIO could create and then superimpose back onto reality

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

It's just, it's hilarious to me that so much confusion and weird interpretations of "it erases the cause but not the effect" have all been simply because the original translators took metaphor literally.

People can still argue that erasing the time of death is what caused Bruno to be able to stick around as long as he did, but in actuality as neat of an idea as that is, it is far more likely that Bruno stuck around because Giorno punched the life back into him so his soul was stuck in a weird in-between world like what Reimi was going through

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Daxing Dan posted:

I think the best thing is that they didn't try translating them at all, they just guessed using wikipedia. They still didn't get within 600 kilometers of the right ones. "Some inaccuracies" indeed

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the new translation really is giving diavolo more character without even having him shown, which is great

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I want What A Wonderful World to be the ed but only for the very last episode

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

People can still argue that erasing the time of death is what caused Bruno to be able to stick around as long as he did, but in actuality as neat of an idea as that is, it is far more likely that Bruno stuck around because Giorno punched the life back into him so his soul was stuck in a weird in-between world like what Reimi was going through

I prefer to think that Bruno stuck around so long because he still had poo poo to do and wasn't gonna let a little thing like dying stop him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The true nail in the "Bruno is totally a Zeppeli" train of thought

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The true nail in the "Bruno is totally a Zeppeli" train of thought

The nail piercing Bruno was until several fights after the train though

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

Because eight, yes, eight new chapters of Vento Aureo just went up on Batoto. Click on sexy King Crimson to read them now:

Thank you so much to you and yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

.... How the heck did they do that. You'd think that the German would make it very very obvious that it was wrong.