Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties
Thank god the greens are getting booted out of the senate. Maybe now our country will be able to govern itself again. Especially with Pauline and the might of One Nation controlling the balance of power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

PatriotPete posted:

Thank god the greens are getting booted out of the senate. Maybe now our country will be able to govern itself again. Especially with Pauline and the might of One Nation controlling the balance of power.

That would have been funny, if there weren't people out there who really believe that.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Even Lu Kang is getting in on it :ohdear:

We are hosed.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties
Enough people to put Pauline into power at least! :D

She will make Australia great again, whilst Donald makes America great again! :D

The question is now that Brexit has happened who is going to make the UK great again whilst Pauline and Donald are fixing things?

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Pauline will help with our Chinese relations

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
So wait are we supposed to be surprised that China won't listen to us about following UN declarations when we spend so much of our time flouting them ourselves?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

PatriotPete posted:

Enough people to put Pauline into power at least! :D

She will make Australia great again, whilst Donald makes America great again! :D

The question is now that Brexit has happened who is going to make the UK great again whilst Pauline and Donald are fixing things?

Boris got foreign secretary.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

meteor9 posted:

So wait are we supposed to be surprised that China won't listen to us about following UN declarations when we spend so much of our time flouting them ourselves?

China would ignore us (and the UN) on principle, regardless of what we have or haven't done.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

China would ignore us (and the UN) on principle, regardless of what we have or haven't done.

Oh I know, I just found it amusing in that context.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Snod. posted:

Pauline will help with our Chinese relations

Just like Kevin Dudd did with his Manderine?

LMAO

Pauline will save our nation from being sold off as one big commodity and make Australia great again! :D

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
It's funny seeing MP's, whether they be Shorten, Turnbull, Bishop or otherwise trying to assert their opinions upon the Chinese government. We have such a strict adherence to international law and human rights protocols that we have the moral high ground to question others, am I right!

loving bunch of hypocritical bastards, let's continue torturing people and committing refoulement while questioning these dirty foreigners on their actions!

TLDR gently caress this place, and gently caress my fellow white Australians because so many of us are terrible it's easier to just hate us all.

Also a friend of mine was racially abused today whilst commuting home, by a man in a suit and tie no less. He had shoved an elderly Chinese lady to the ground, and proceeded to knock into my friend to then let out a racial tirade.

The guy said such things as "You need to walk in a straight line, maybe over in China you can loving walk all over the place but this is Australia"

And... "It's because of people like you that we need Pauline Hanson".

My friend is a father and motorbike rider, so he was quick to confront the man who left like a coward apparently. My friend received claps and cheers from people around, which is nice.....

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PatriotPete posted:

Pauline will save our nation from being sold off as one big commodity and make Australia great again! :D

We also need to be wary of relying too heavily on China as a trading partner happy to buy up our coal exports. They are investing heavily in the transition away from fossil fuels, even researching thorium reactors. They will happily leave us behind with our black lung disease once they're ready to move on.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

AgentF posted:

I thought our thing was Striker Eureka :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTG5BuNZpQ

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

PatriotPete posted:

Just like Kevin Dudd did with his Manderine?

LMAO

Anidav showing his true feelings

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:D :D :D :D

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Mithranderp posted:

Anidav showing his true feelings

Nope.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

One Nation's fiscal policy: If we need more money, we can just print it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If something like what happened in Nice happened here this country would be tearing itself apart.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Had dinner at girlfriend's dad's place. One of her dad's friends started ranting about safe schools - fortunately, just as we were leaving. I couldn't get a word in edgeways to counter it as we were going. One of the women there was actually a teacher, and the man seemed very surprised that the teacher didn't know about the content of the program, which apparently asks 14-year-olds to roleplay as a 14-year-old who'd had anal sex and 6 boyfriends and and...

He believed that the safe schools program wasn't about anti-bullying, but about converting kids to homosexuality for the purposes of ????

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

it isn't already? :shrug:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

:cabot:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

If something like what happened in Nice happened here this country would be tearing itself apart.

Any country where an attack like that isn't common would be tearing itself apart, and France was tearing itself apart over muslims before they had these recent attacks

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

CrazyTolradi posted:

One Nation's fiscal policy: If we need more money, we can just print it.

Remind me again how well that worked for Wiemer when he woo hooed the German economy into death con 3 hyper inflation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! How about we don't give rise to another Adolf. Like I keep saying Pauline was elected to make Australia great again, not kill it! ;)

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

PatriotPete posted:

Remind me again how well that worked for Wiemer when he woo hooed the German economy into death con 3 hyper inflation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! How about we don't give rise to another Adolf. Like I keep saying Pauline was elected to make Australia great again, not kill it! ;)

Can we turn this whole thing into the thread title

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm making posting great again.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Bifauxnen posted:

We also need to be wary of relying too heavily on China as a trading partner happy to buy up our coal exports. They are investing heavily in the transition away from fossil fuels, even researching thorium reactors. They will happily leave us behind with our black lung disease once they're ready to move on.

Well Said.

The moment china no longer has a use for a mineral wealth and coal, it will dump us and leave us for dead. Australia will then have its GFC that it should have experienced back in 2008 along with the rest of western world.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

hooman posted:

I'm making posting great again.

As long as you bow on down to the radiant glory that is Pauline Hanson, all will be great again! :D especially if you post it.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
A new record for a transparent same day reg date* AusPol troll to :godwin: themselves?

We don't need to worry about the Chinese. If the yellow peril want to get tough we'll just breed up a bunch of emus. Checkmate!

*near enough.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
In order to overcome our reliance on exporting non-renewable minerals to China we should convince them that emu eggs and kangaroo dicks have magical boner enhancing properties. Only then will Australia claim it's place as an economic superpower!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

PatriotPete posted:

Can you explain exactly how this will happen? Or are you simply a doll with a pull-string that just spouts random catchphrases, much like this demonic monstrosity? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4N1x0bQ_V4&t=280s

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
There's only room for one Pauline in this thread bucko

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

CrazyTolradi posted:

Can you explain exactly how this will happen? Or are you simply a doll with a pull-string that just spouts random catchphrases, much like this demonic monstrosity? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4N1x0bQ_V4&t=280s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZ36uABULY

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Solemn Sloth posted:

There's only room for one Pauline in this thread bucko

Watch it, friendo.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

You do know that the economic depressions following WW1 were due to a rise in nationalism and protectionist economies right, which is exactly what Trump represents?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jumpingmanjim posted:

'Refoulement' is a word of French origin. As time goes on I'm sure they're not going to be so stressed by its use.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Graic Gabtar posted:

'Refoulement' is a word of French origin. As time goes on I'm sure they're not going to be so stressed by its use.

yeah let's deport them all the way back to their place of citizenship

wait

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Cartoon posted:

A new record for a transparent same day reg date* AusPol troll to :godwin: themselves?

We don't need to worry about the Chinese. If the yellow peril want to get tough we'll just breed up a bunch of emus. Checkmate!

*near enough.

Actually I bought a ALA voter an account. :cheers:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Birdstrike posted:

yeah let's deport them all the way back to their place of citizenship

wait
I wonder what the result of a plebiscite to dump all their asylum seekers on the Libyan coast at gunpoint would be right now?

I'd be more worried about France's lurch to the right than our country.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Graic Gabtar posted:

I wonder what the result of a plebiscite to dump all their asylum seekers on the Libyan coast at gunpoint would be right now?

Libyan coast? The dude was Tunisian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_protectorate_of_Tunisia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Graic Gabtar posted:

as its reported the guy was a French national so you could send him to what, corsica?

• Locked thread