Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Since winning the Biggs alt art card, I never want a list without him in it. Does this list even work?

Biggs focuses to focus, Kyle passes him a focus which Jan turns to an evade. Kyle takes a few uncanceled crits through the game to keep Biggs up longer.
Keyan stays stressed and is always throwing 4 red dice with his built in focus.
Kyle TLTs all day.

Question about Keyan's ability - can you "use" his ability even when you don't roll any focuses in order to shed the stress? Similar to reacquiring a TL on the same target with the TIE/v1 title?

canyonero fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anybody have a fun list including a TIE Punisher? I only have one and I've yet to fly it in any games despite having lost its dial and I'm terribad at building anything with ordinance.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Not the same principle, but yes. You can spend a token even if there is nothing to change by spending it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AndyElusive posted:

Anybody have a fun list including a TIE Punisher? I only have one and I've yet to fly it in any games despite having lost its dial and I'm terribad at building anything with ordinance.

I tried Vessery with Adaptability TIE/D, TIE mk2 and Tractor Beam, Redline with EM, FCS, Protorp, Cluster, Chips, and a bomb, and a BOmber Buddy with TIE mk2, fleet officer, tactician once or twice when TBs were first spoiled.

It was mint.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

I tried Vessery with Adaptability TIE/D, TIE mk2 and Tractor Beam, Redline with EM, FCS, Protorp, Cluster, Chips, and a bomb, and a BOmber Buddy with TIE mk2, fleet officer, tactician once or twice when TBs were first spoiled.

It was mint.

I like mint! I'm going to try this and when I do I'll let you know how things go.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lazerus06 posted:

Finally flew a Lothal Rebel/Dash combo against a friend last night and it was insanely fun. A lot of the lists I see have FCS on the Ghost, but I am wondering if taking reinforced deflectors would be better to keep him alive a little longer?

Here is what I used:
Dash Rendar - 36
Engine Upgrade - 4
Outrider - 5
PTL - 3
Heavy Laser Cannon - 7
Kanan Jarrus - 3

Lothal Rebel - 35
Reinforced Deflectors - 3
Autoblaster Turret - 2
Hera - 1
Zeb - 1

You dont want to lose FCS. Palp aces (esp with soontir) is your worst matchup and you need to fly Dash as a 58 point blocker which means lothal rebel is your dmg source and you cant afford to have the few shots you get be unmodified. Reinforced def or that biggs droid people just wont spend the focus or whatevwr to bump their dmg to 3 since uts negated anyway

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 14, 2016

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Reinforced def. is a really solid system but system is a crowded slot full of good poo poo.

FCS is generally the best way to use lothal rebels imo. Even with the autoblaster turret it helps and I think you only really want AC if you're doing the instagib fel/inquisitor gimmick of double tapping with the autoblaster turret.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

FCS + Han crew is like the best combo for a ghost you can make

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

zVxTeflon posted:

FCS + Han crew is like the best combo for a ghost you can make

It's real good with ABT too but my usual go-to for a hitter is FCS+ABT+hera crew+ezra crew, letting you just be stressed the whole game and do whatever.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

zVxTeflon posted:

You dont want to lose FCS. Palp aces (esp with soontir) is your worst matchup and you need to fly Dash as a 58 point blocker which means lothal rebel is your dmg source and you cant afford to have the few shots you get be unmodified. Reinforced def or that biggs droid people just wont spend the focus or whatevwr to bump their dmg to 3 since uts negated anyway

Dash as blocker? That sounds kind of crazy. I've always used the Ghost as blocker (or a Z-95) and Dash as his normal flip out and kill things. He's a ninja, not a tank.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

Dash as blocker? That sounds kind of crazy. I've always used the Ghost as blocker (or a Z-95) and Dash as his normal flip out and kill things. He's a ninja, not a tank.

The Ghost really isnt really good at blocking anything other than slow large base ships. It has no reposition options and couldnt use them if it did with its perma stress. Even with how predictable a stressed soontir is the ghosts problem is it just cant get to where it needs to be to block him and the autoblaster turret isnt too hard to out range for a good player. Its basically a large Defender relying on its tankiness and ability to K-turn whenever with no penalty. Dash on the other hand can go wherever he wants on the board at any given time. His PS7 is actually an advantage in this regard. You can play Dash the normal way but even with 4 hits you will still need soontir to blank 3 dice to even land a single point of damage.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Ghost is fantastic at blocking things because it has a dial with every single non-k/segnor/tallon maneuver on it that can't be restricted by stress thanks to Hera on a large base ship. You flat out shut down any portion of space you want to because your opponent has to respect every maneuver even if you're stressed. If you bring Chopper and an Engine Upgrade you even fix the problem you just mentioned. It's 40 points, yes, but it's also one of the best blockers in the entire game and the most dangerous/durable of them all.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
They're both good blockers by being big bases. Dash's end game against a lot of aces when he has the points lead is literally to for them to choose between bumping or letting him shoot at them. Forcing bumps is a great way to get aces out of your donut hole and let you get behind them where you gain maneuvering room and unanswered shots.

With lists like that you just pick the one who's going to have the worst shot or least HP near the clock end or whatever and have them block.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If you find yourself consistently blocking Soontirs/Whispers with a ghost you are playing against some pretty garbage players.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

drat. Anyone got a spare Rexler Brath ship token?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I made a poor showing of Dash and Miranda against five Z-95s and Poe. I feel real dumb.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

canyoneer posted:

I remember hearing that during the Battle of Britain that when they tallied up the Luftwaffe's claimed kills vs. the known strength of the RAF they determined that the RAF had negative (some hundred) planes

I'd like to think all the money spent training crack swarms was the reason they had to cut corners on vent coverings and Darth Vader's suit.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Hey, going to have to drop from the league. My schedule for the next month is terrible, and I was already having trouble getting in my games. Sorry!

Also, actually going to send out emails for the league promos RIGHT NOW so I can't forget to do it.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Deviant posted:

:siren: Also sound off if you're going to Gencon.

No responses, but I'll be there! Flight 2, and hangar bay saturday if my experimental list goes as poorly as expected, haha.

Brunas fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 15, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey siggy, sorry I haven't been online a lot lately - very busy this past week. Anyway, are we friends on Steam, by the way? I keep forgetting to check, when I do happen to be online. My userID is the same as here, if we're not. (Although if we are, can you tell me what your ID is?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Langolas: I'm back. I'll PM you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Holy crap, Echo is fun as gently caress to fly.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I may be in love with this list:

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)
Marksmanship (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Marksmanship (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
Mara Jade (3)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Trollshuttle is amazing. :razz:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Thanks for the advice on the Facebook Swap & Share. I'll be poking on there a bit too. I kinda have wanted to try my hand at painting, so it would be nice to grab some ships people are looking to dump.

I've got some friends coming over this weekend who have never played, and to be honest I have only dabbled. I'm thinking of getting some lists together that would be fun for people to pick and play. I'm going to grab some of the ones listed here in the thread, but is there a good repository anywhere for fun-to-play lists that would be good for beginners to just drop in and play plastic spaceships?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Definitely recomend the swap and sell FB group. Found a pretty good bargain there when I was first getting into the game. Was the first to message the guy selling this lot (which included dice, upgrades, etc etc):

...for one hundred united states dollars.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The gently caress are those bases

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

alg posted:

The gently caress are those bases

Dude painted the bottoms with some kind of RC model racecar paint that's like translucent? IDK they look dece in person and even if they were illegal or bad or whatever, it was a hundo.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Any word on whether they're streaming the Invitational tomorrow?

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Chemmy posted:

Langolas: I'm back. I'll PM you.

You can find me in the steam TTS group under Langly. Add me as a steam friend and PM me there

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Any word on whether they're streaming the Invitational tomorrow?

Heard someone say no a week or so ago, not sure if that's changed.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Heard someone say no a week or so ago, not sure if that's changed.

hosed up if true

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Looks like the contents of the Summer 2016 kit are showing up on ebay now, so more stores are definitely receiving them now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

hosed up if true

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/225061-live-updates-from-coruscant-invitational/

Yep, true. Jesper Hills (floof) is doing a liveblog of some sort, but no streaming.

That's loving crap.

Also, did we know about the nationals kit?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/13/the-hunters-prize/

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/225061-live-updates-from-coruscant-invitational/

Yep, true. Jesper Hills (floof) is doing a liveblog of some sort, but no streaming.

That's loving crap.

Also, did we know about the nationals kit?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/13/the-hunters-prize/

Someone in the thread said they failed to get the proper permissions to broadcast due to the copyrighted stuff? I mean, potentially, this could mean an end to all major event streaming if they start enforcing this... Even the taking down hosted games on YouTube, potentially.

Hope they'll at least film it. How many articles has ffg written about the whole event, the vote etc. For it to end in a goddamn whimper like this is actually absurd.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Someone in the thread said they failed to get the proper permissions to broadcast due to the copyrighted stuff? I mean, potentially, this could mean an end to all major event streaming if they start enforcing this... Even the taking down hosted games on YouTube, potentially.

Hope they'll at least film it. How many articles has ffg written about the whole event, the vote etc. For it to end in a goddamn whimper like this is actually absurd.

If it's the mouse doing this it's hosed forever, but I'd hope they'd have the sense to know how big esports type stuff is and not gently caress it up.

I suspect there's probably more likely to be some generic license that FFG can issue that whoever was supposed to be doing the stream didn't get or something.

But I don't know for sure.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Some Numbers posted:

Holy crap, Echo is fun as gently caress to fly.

one of us, one of us, one of us...

Hell yes, she's the single most fun ship/pilot in the game. ACD and Stygium have different benefits for her, but either way you just cannot tell where she'll be without an Intelligence Agent and serious skill. I'm thinking about running an Echo/Defender/Defender list because why not?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

WFGuy posted:

one of us, one of us, one of us...

Hell yes, she's the single most fun ship/pilot in the game. ACD and Stygium have different benefits for her, but either way you just cannot tell where she'll be without an Intelligence Agent and serious skill. I'm thinking about running an Echo/Defender/Defender list because why not?

That's literally what I flew last night. Echo with two /x7 Deltas with Stealth Devices.

The decision tree on Echo is insane for both players.

I wish I could fly her as Dash's wingman. That would be an incredibly fun list.

Kill_Discussion
Dec 15, 2005

Just watch it...
I've always favored playing Echo over Whisper because of his unpredictability. Whisper lives and dies by initiative.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm planning to try out this list at my next opportunity:

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Am I crazy for wanting to try Delta/TB/D/Mk2 + Delta/Ion/D/Mk2 x2?

Seems pretty mean on benchmarker, but hugely subject to alphastriking at PS loving 1.

Might have to give it a punt on Vassal a few times.

• Locked thread