Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Is Hellsau internet tanks famous besides on SA? Just click tanks.

Thanks for that informative post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's good advice

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Is Hellsau internet tanks famous besides on SA? Just click tanks.

Prav posted:

it's good advice

"Hold W and click tanks" works most of the time, but some maps have obvious traps like Lakeville valley, or less obvious traps like anywhere on Pilsen that isn't the west corridor. The amount of theoretically "good" players in a Batchat platoon that I can fool into pushing east on Pilsen by telling everyone in allchat to push west is pretty hilarious, and I even get to rub it in after we crush them while they try to chai snipe from the east hills. I had a writeup of the maps a long time ago, and gave up after getting through like 10% of it because it's just too drat much work. Where someone should go depends a lot on what the enemy team has, whether you're top tier, how fast your tank can go, whether the enemy have five loving arti or none, etc.

I guess having a list of all the places you should literally never go would be helpful.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

"Hold W and click tanks" works most of the time, but some maps have obvious traps like Lakeville valley...

Just got out of a game on Lakeville. Encounter, tier 9 game in my T29. Basically camp in the ridge south of the Lake and snipe the dumb tier 8 and 9 tanks who pushed valley. Between me, a Lorraine, and a Suhrer loving Emil we nuked them. My rampage was only ended by an arty that went through the valley to hit me for 750 damage. Shame too, considering I had shot him once and was reloading.

Never go valley on Lakeville.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2812612?secret=a0bc01affbe3526160d6fda0aa903110

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
It's amazing how fun this game is when you don't get artillery in your match. It's like a completely different game where you don't spend 90% of the time cowering behind a rock.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

celewign posted:

It's amazing how fun this game is when you don't get artillery in your match. It's like a completely different game where you don't spend 90% of the time cowering behind a rock.

the comet

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Salean posted:

the comet

Seriously why does everyone ignore the Lakeville valley? You can't just ignore an entire flank, they'll just come up behind you and cap you fast!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That actually happened in a stronghold once. The light I told to cover valley went to mid instead, and by the time I realized what had happened, we were by the church and we couldn't get back in time to stop all 6 or 8 or whatever cromwells.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Atomizer posted:

<32% WR, 0 WN8. :stare:

That is some amazing statbadding, but your ~30% SR is far higher than most pubbies'!

yeah i tried my best to lose every game..i mean i was flipped over every battle but those drat idiots on my team still won a few games :(

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That actually happened in a stronghold once. The light I told to cover valley went to mid instead, and by the time I realized what had happened, we were by the church and we couldn't get back in time to stop all 6 or 8 or whatever cromwells.

If you have a single tank in H4/C4, anyone coming back from city will be able to waste everything on the cap, and they can't even send people to kill the middle scout without those tanks just eating 6 shots in the side and blowing up. Didn't stop 4HEAD from losing multiple Lakeville Strongholds per night to getting capped out. No guys, we totally don't need a presence in the middle - our one dude in the valley will totally stop their pushers while we return back to base and get shot from the middle that we let the enemy control!

over and over and over again

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

yeah i tried my best to lose every game..i mean i was flipped over every battle but those drat idiots on my team still won a few games :(

But that survival ratio...you really should check out pubbies' SR sometime, your statbadding account is like triple the typical SR! :eyepop:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hellsau posted:

If you have a single tank in H4/C4, anyone coming back from city will be able to waste everything on the cap, and they can't even send people to kill the middle scout without those tanks just eating 6 shots in the side and blowing up. Didn't stop 4HEAD from losing multiple Lakeville Strongholds per night to getting capped out. No guys, we totally don't need a presence in the middle - our one dude in the valley will totally stop their pushers while we return back to base and get shot from the middle that we let the enemy control!

over and over and over again

That would have worked if we had someone at valley to spot, but the light I told to go valley went middle, so we didn't see it in time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That would have worked if we had someone at valley to spot, but the light I told to go valley went middle, so we didn't see it in time.

If the enemy isn't in the city, they're either rushing valley or camping base. If they're camping base, you don't want to just walk into the camp through the city, so you should pull back. If they're rushing valley, you want get back to the base anyway. If they're not in the city, you should immediately just assume they're rushing valley and turn your asses around for shots from the A or K lines, and if they're not coming you can work a couple people back through city for shots while a bunch of people push mid and spot their camp.

A lot of calling is just crossing off where the enemy could be given where you know they aren't. I just never think having someone watching the valley is a good use of a tank - I'd much rather have another tank in the middle or in the corner shooting into the middle, since they're not totally useless if the enemy is ignoring the valley.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Does playing with goons make this game better? I'm tired of losing in landslides.

Followup question: whats the current chill clan?

e: looks like PANSY is for competitive stuff. I just wanna play random battles with not-pubbies.

buglord fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 14, 2016

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Avocados posted:

looks like PANSY is for competitive stuff

What?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

competitive butt stuff

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
PANSY theoretically does competitive stuff but really it's pretty chill overall. Feel free to jump on and just ask for platoons.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Avocados posted:

Does playing with goons make this game better?

quote:

looks like PANSY is for competitive stuff.

Biggest laughs of the day right here

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Avocados posted:

Does playing with goons make this game better? I'm tired of losing in landslides.

Followup question: whats the current chill clan?

e: looks like PANSY is for competitive stuff. I just wanna play random battles with not-pubbies.

PANSY is indeed the most hardcore, competitive LGBTQ clan in WoT.

I'm pretty sure I already sent you an invite when I asked for your IGN months ago. You have to login at worldoftanks.com to accept it (or maybe you can do it in-game now, I'm not sure.)

Salean posted:

Biggest laughs of the day right here

You laugh now, but you haven't seen how well we perform at Competitive Butt Stuff. :colbert:

And I'm pretty sure you don't even play anymore soooo....

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

And I'm pretty sure you don't even play anymore soooo....

Was it Arishtat or Salean that figured out you could get a 90 day ban for a repeated, unbroken teamkillstreak?

God bless whoever that was.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Avocados posted:

PANSY competes with the goon channel for members online and we usually win 4-3.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

NotWearingPants posted:

PANSY competes with the goon channel for members online and we usually win 4-3.

Basically this.

Also I think someone changed the PANSY clan description and copy/pasted it from some other clan or something.

We are very, very... not competitive. Unless it's butt stuff.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I'm one of the terrible pubbies playing this terrible game. gently caress.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

What are you doing to be so bad? Upload a replay, I seriously don't know how you can't get 1k damage at least with the m103.

Are you playing it stock?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

The t29 is seriously op for tier 7 you should be rockin with it.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

got my first Kolobanov's medal. feels good mang.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Are there any good maps for showing where to go for passive scouting?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Szcwczuk posted:

Are there any good maps for showing where to go for passive scouting?

If you don't need one of the absurd missions, don't passive scout. Spotting the enemies and keeping them spotted is actively detrimental to your team. Bad players see an enemy tank, immediately think that they themselves are spotted, and hide instead of shooting at the enemy tanks. You have to spot an enemy tank, let it get unspotted, and spot it again so your pubbies will shoot at it before freaking out, and that's not really possible on most maps.

Also most of the passive scout locations have been removed with map changes, so most of the old scouting maps are outdated.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

If you don't need one of the absurd missions, don't passive scout. Spotting the enemies and keeping them spotted is actively detrimental to your team. Bad players see an enemy tank, immediately think that they themselves are spotted, and hide instead of shooting at the enemy tanks. You have to spot an enemy tank, let it get unspotted, and spot it again so your pubbies will shoot at it before freaking out, and that's not really possible on most maps.

Also most of the passive scout locations have been removed with map changes, so most of the old scouting maps are outdated.

Prok is now the only map with a reasonable chance at actually spotting some of the numbers required, and the meta has shifted to make that harder. After multiple years pubbies have actually learned to avoid the 1-2 line in their giant superheavies, so there's a lot less damage to spot now.

Hell, the reason the meta has shifted is probably missions. More people playing lights and arty to get their missions means 1-2 is even more of a deathtrap than before missions. A year and a half of missions and even pubbies start to learn.

Missions resulted in a short period of every single player (myself included) playing like a loving moron to get the low hanging fruit and an 18 month long shift in the meta that's made the game less fun for everyone.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 15, 2016

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Finished with a-44, unlocked obj 416, "hmm this tank has a low stealth profile, awesome dpm, cool look"

buy obj 416
get all the modules
have full BIA crew with sixth sense and repairs
get camo on tank
play first game:

zero gun depression
catch on fire when shot
massive module and crew damage whenever shot
get tracked every time when shot
turret doesn't have full range of motion
no pen unless using HEAT

gently caress this tank is poo poo unless the enemy ignores you and lets you use the dpm unless of course there is the slightest hill or you happen to be on fire.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Lol you have some bad opinions, I had a longer post but Windows RT is poo poo and Internet Explorer is the only thing worst than your posting. The 416 excels at any range and is incredibly versatile, choose a different playstyle. You're always the best TD due to the camo being better than the ELC's, you can knifefight if you want and know the terrain, or just stay at midrange and outdpm everything.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Ramsus posted:

Finished with a-44, unlocked obj 416, "hmm this tank has a low stealth profile, awesome dpm, cool look"

buy obj 416
get all the modules
have full BIA crew with sixth sense and repairs
get camo on tank
play first game:

zero gun depression
catch on fire when shot
massive module and crew damage whenever shot
get tracked every time when shot
turret doesn't have full range of motion
no pen unless using HEAT

gently caress this tank is poo poo unless the enemy ignores you and lets you use the dpm unless of course there is the slightest hill or you happen to be on fire.

congratulations on having extremely loving bad opinions, I guess

I mean you're complaining about the T-54's gun being bad at tier 8, what is loving wrong with you

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
:stare: obj 416 is amazing

So with the WG garage filters is there a away to toggle "all but this"? Pretty tired of deselecting every other nation when I only want to see France, for example.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Darkrenown posted:

:stare: obj 416 is amazing

So with the WG garage filters is there a away to toggle "all but this"? Pretty tired of deselecting every other nation when I only want to see France, for example.

just select France?

then deselect to show all tanks

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Looking at the russian medium tree and I'm thinking of grinding up to the Object 416 and dropping my T-22 crew in there. Any hints on going up that line? Any really good/really lovely tanks?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

just select France?

Are the boxes under "Special" from a mod? If so, which one?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Looking at the russian medium tree and I'm thinking of grinding up to the Object 416 and dropping my T-22 crew in there. Any hints on going up that line? Any really good/really lovely tanks?

The A-44 is the only "not good" tank on the way to the 416. It catches fire, losses the engine, and gets ammo racked constantly. The 107 can be lovingly described as a musket at best and when it does hit the pen lets it down sometimes.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

McGavin posted:

Are the boxes under "Special" from a mod? If so, which one?

I honestly don't remember but I'll look into it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

I honestly don't remember but I'll look into it.

Thanks! It must be a mod. The standard client only has filters for premium and elited tanks. I've been looking for a mod that added more filters ever since 9.15 improved hosed up the garage filters.

Edit: It's in the nightly XVM builds.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Szcwczuk posted:

just select France?

Having no nations selected works the same as having all nations selected? loving hell.