Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

This reminds me: no one has asked/answered the most important question yet: is Guildmarm still in the game?

I haven't seen her but I hope she's in the game somewhere :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Your Computer posted:

The localization in this game is amazing :allears:

Neko (Means "Cat") is a holdover from MH3U. He was part of a sea crew whose entire purpose in the localization was to make fun of fan translators :allears:
The ship captain would say stuff like, "It's very important to have a keikaku! That means a plan!"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Neko (means "cat") is back?!

Do you have an ace palico or some other customizable buddy or is it just side palicos or something like the dudes from 3U (cha-cha?)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Lemon-Lime posted:

This reminds me: no one has asked/answered the most important question yet: is Guildmarm still in the game?

The whole 4U crew showed up in various towns when I unlocked 3*.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
When is this thing coming for the eshop. Im just sitting here refreshing. Ive never camped the nintendo eshop day of, is it delayed versus physical box locations?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Neko (means "cat") is back?!

Do you have an ace palico or some other customizable buddy or is it just side palicos or something like the dudes from 3U (cha-cha?)

You can customize the look of your first Palico, and then all the rest are randomized I think? You're able to customize them any which way you want with skills and abilities, and you can select any palico you have for prowler mode, I think.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
Blessed Monster Hunter Day, everyone. May all your cooking be SO TASTY

Lemon-Lime posted:

She is an unlockable room service npc, apparently (note: haven't played Gen or reviewed too much info, so I don't know what the room service does. But Guildmarm is one of the few tidbits I looked up and she's in there)

Ross Perowned fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 15, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Donkringel posted:

When is this thing coming for the eshop. Im just sitting here refreshing. Ive never camped the nintendo eshop day of, is it delayed versus physical box locations?

9 AM Pacific/Noon Eastern. Yuri tweeted it last night sometime.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Basically every single character from previous games shows up in this one

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I saw the felyne barrel-roller's armour from P3rd in the pingdex, does he show up?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

The whole 4U crew showed up in various towns when I unlocked 3*.

Momotaros posted:

She is an unlockable room service npc, apparently (note: haven't played Gen or reviewed too much info, so I don't know what the room service does. But Guildmarm is one of the few tidbits I looked up and she's in there)

Thanks! Also, good!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

deadly_pudding posted:

9 AM Pacific/Noon Eastern. Yuri tweeted it last night sometime.

Soon

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kiggles posted:

This actually happened with 4U, but only for like 1 day, certainly not passed the weekend.

It'd be nice if it holds out longer, but nothing to really be surprised about here. Capcom actually ran some MHG ads on twitch for the last week or two, so some people are at least aware it's a thing there.

It's almost certainly going to get dethroned over the weekend thanks to EVO, but still awesome!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I'm picking up my copy around noon on my lunch break. Then it can spend all day in my messenger bag in the corner of my office, psychologically assaulting me like the Tell-Tale Heart.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

Tender Bender posted:

You can customize all cats you want scouted, but if you go that route you can't have them scout based on forte and what enemies they prioritize. It's one or the other.

The odd exception is the first cat offered to you in game - you can pick how it looks, but it's always Charisma (balanced) type, and always has those same skills on a new file.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Your Computer posted:

The localization in this game is amazing :allears:

They've also put in a GaijinHunter reference.

Hurry up and get here, UPS dude! Those monsters aren't going to hunt themselves! :argh:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Now available on the Australia eShop :toot:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Cheap Trick posted:

Now available on the Australia eShop :toot:

RIP US players

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gah! Who keeps adding 5-star ratings to this poo poo on the eShop before it's actually available! I keep checking on the hour like a dingus and this is messing with my emotions.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Minrad posted:

RIP US players

I'm surprised that they actually did a midnight release for us

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Minrad posted:

RIP US players

I thought it was 9 EST not PST. :( I am greatly disappointed.

Really though I'm at work and was only going to download it to have it ready, so it shouldn't matter. But the feeling of just knowing it's there and ready would give me joy.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The target I picked up my copy from a couple hours ago apparently only stocked four copies.

Also I'm kind of blown away that I can just start playing and not have a bunch of tutorial stuff in the first mission

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Elemental SnS are the good ones right? Was thinking of mixing elemental SnS with raw LS to keep my options open

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Stormgale posted:

Elemental SnS are the good ones right? Was thinking of mixing elemental SnS with raw LS to keep my options open

Elemental and Status SnS are both great, because of how fast your attacks come in.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Wrist Watch posted:

The target I picked up my copy from a couple hours ago apparently only stocked four copies.

Also I'm kind of blown away that I can just start playing and not have a bunch of tutorial stuff in the first mission

Yeah tutorials being their own subsection now owns owns owns

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Do you get check marks for doing them though? My ocd...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:vince:

the times are catching up with us

I like Bherna Gal now

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Seeee yaaaaa!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Amazon charged my card then sent me an email saying it's been delayed until August, is that even legal?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
oh god it better deliver today or im gonna slap my brother for preordering for both of us instead of going to the store

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah it's maddening, I just did a quick check at my local Argos store and they have plenty of the game in stock. I'm seeing posts on various websites (reddit, ocuk, neogaf, SA, IGN, etc) complaining about Amazon doing a fast one.
I think next time I'll just walk into the bleeding shop.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If it's any consolation, Amazon Customer service has a pretty good track record of refunding your money and cancelling an order that hasn't shipped yet. Even returns of items that have shipped are pretty painless.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

don't get hit, hit it until it dies

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Here's a consolation prize for NA digital: https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/753796664603709440

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

I'll take it, but I'm still mad.

26 minutes left.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cool, I didn't know themes could be animated, unless that's just demonstrating how the home screen pans.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looks neat.
22 minutes!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Wow gently caress you Amazon. I had a small issue with my order so I revised it. Now its saying that I'll get my game on the 19th instead!

Going to cancel my order and just pay for the digital download.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Do Village offline quests go up to HR or are they just LR? I'm browsing the quests and it seems like even the 5 and 6 star offline quests only reward LR mats. I don't know any other way to tell at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tender Bender posted:

Do Village offline quests go up to HR or are they just LR? I'm browsing the quests and it seems like even the 5 and 6 star offline quests only reward LR mats. I don't know any other way to tell at this point.

It looks like the Advanced Quests in Village 6 are HR.

• Locked thread