Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

dphi posted:

More likely at the filling machines, right?

You can get infections at bottle/keg/can fillers if they aren't cleaned properly but it's not very common. With barrel aged beers the main infection point would definitely be in the barrel.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Those should also be entirely aseptic and if they aren't it's because someone royally hosed up.

Beer bottle fillers generally aren't asceptic, that's more for dairy and beverages that can harbor bacteria harmful to humans. They should be properly cleaned and sanitized to kill any beer spoiling organisms though and I'm sure Goose Island does a fine job with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Alright so with The Alchemist reopening who is shipping us Heady, Focal, and Crusher?

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest
Any of you folks down for a locals trade? Goon BIFs seem to be getting farther and farther apart, and since they're the only trades I've done, that trade itch has been getting... more itchy. I'm in the Cincinnati area, and our brewery scene has been getting out of hand in the best way. I'd be willing to put together more than one box-o-beer to share the love from around here if there's any interest. I have zero trade experience outside of the BIFs organized here, but I feel like I've put together some pretty drat good (if a little late) boxes in the past. Im ready to whip it out again and show it off if anyone else is, so to speak...

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Merkin Muffley posted:

Any of you folks down for a locals trade? Goon BIFs seem to be getting farther and farther apart, and since they're the only trades I've done, that trade itch has been getting... more itchy. I'm in the Cincinnati area, and our brewery scene has been getting out of hand in the best way. I'd be willing to put together more than one box-o-beer to share the love from around here if there's any interest. I have zero trade experience outside of the BIFs organized here, but I feel like I've put together some pretty drat good (if a little late) boxes in the past. Im ready to whip it out again and show it off if anyone else is, so to speak...

Sure, I'm down to do a box of locals for a box of locals.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Rather trade with goons first as usual, plus hey hopefully there's someone in Austin I haven't met yet! Would prefer to do this in person:

ISO: Jester King Biere de Syrah, Synthesis Analogous
FT: O&P batch 3, MvB batch 3, Aurelian Lure batch 2 (and I'm sure I can add even more bottles to offer to trade once I dig around this weekend)

1:1 if you have Syrah, pick 2 if you have Synthesis

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Hey guys,

Headed to the new Tired Hands bottle release this Sunday. Looks like a brand new beer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHezzlvDh_3/

ISO: Fresh Treehouse cans or Jester King bottles.

PM me

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

air- posted:

Rather trade with goons first as usual, plus hey hopefully there's someone in Austin I haven't met yet! Would prefer to do this in person:

ISO: Jester King Biere de Syrah, Synthesis Analogous
FT: O&P batch 3, MvB batch 3, Aurelian Lure batch 2 (and I'm sure I can add even more bottles to offer to trade once I dig around this weekend)

1:1 if you have Syrah, pick 2 if you have Synthesis

um, i'm very ISO MvB and slightly ISO Lure

can't help with your ISO, though...

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest

Slore Tactician posted:

Sure, I'm down to do a box of locals for a box of locals.

Hit me up at zleetch at gmail dot com and we'll work out the details!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Can anybody in Chicago hook me up with some Half Acre Rainbow Never Ends? Releasing today in their shop. Looking for two bottles, would also be cool with grabbing a couple more bottles of whatever else they have available to fill up a six bottle shipper.

If I don't get any bites, thinking about just day tripping it over to Chicago for a fun day trip to grab some too.

Edit: Well drat, they already sold out.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 16, 2016

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

sadly, somebody moved and now i've got a couple friends looking for help with Barrel Roll society stuff. if anyone is willing and able, i can promise that you these are good dudes and you will be well-compensated with beer

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Beer trading is cool. Goons are cool. Kudosx and air are cool.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Beer trading is cool. Goons are cool. Kudosx and air are cool.

Counterpoint: Beer trading sucks, you suck.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

a worthy uhh posted:

Counterpoint: Beer trading sucks, you suck.

Counter counterpoint: you do more beer trading than anyone I know. Probably more than anyone on this forum.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dont do any beer trading and I have this to say about it:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Still IP in Austin preferably

ISO: Jester King Synthesis Analogous (or GI Vanilla Rye)
FT: 2x Atrial batch 6

And one more, I'm willing to ship:

ISO: Fundamental Observation batch 2, Modern Times Accumulated Knowledge
FT: Atrial batch 6, Cantillon Rose De Gambrinus 375ml, Texas local beer (LO Hef, Yellow Rose, happy to discuss!)

e: changing up a few tihngs

air- fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 26, 2016

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO DDG
FT my soul

For real though, if one of you goons has an extra bottle hit me up and let's work something out.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
ISO new batch of West Ashley

What does it take? Either people want the sun and the stars for a bottle or if they live near SARA they are keeping it on the d/l. I honestly don't know!

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Slore Tactician posted:

ISO new batch of West Ashley

What does it take? Either people want the sun and the stars for a bottle or if they live near SARA they are keeping it on the d/l. I honestly don't know!

I think it's the fact that most of the traders are from up in the Bay Area and it can be a pain in the rear end to drive highway 17 and get to SARA; so maybe they factor that into their trade. I have to drive through the heart of the Silicon Valley AND 17, which is probably why I don't bother. I've only ever had WA once and it was on tap, not at SARA

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I traded a Fou Foune for one in 2014. Special circumstance though: did it as a favor for a friend and proxy traded with his SARA trading partner. Was opened in a kickass bottle share where that friend opened a Herfst, but otherwise I'd never make that trade.

Real talk I don't blame any goons (if any) who live nearby SARA for staying silent.

air- fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 31, 2016

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I ended up trading for one over Instagram and a second one in-person is in the works.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Curious, what was your end of the trade?

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

air- posted:

Curious, what was your end of the trade?

A tired hands ourison and a Cantillon cuvee Saint-guilloise. Seeing as how I won the loon in a Razzle my total cost for the WA was $20 plus shipping. Score!

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
ISO: Special Herbs multiples if possible - one of my favorite beers for sure, FT: most SoCal releases in addition to a wide variety depending

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Anyone picking up sweet potato on Sunday from funky Buddha? Wouldn't mind get any french toast if they're still available

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Just throwing this out because I hate money and I've consumed too many local beers lately.

ISO: Backyard
Peach n' brett
Serendipity, Wisconsin Belgian Red
Lizard King, Ninja v Unicorn
Swami, Kook
Bo & Luke, London Balling, Citra rear end Down
Ba Skillet Donut Stout, Skillet Donut Stout
Jai alai
Blind Pig, Pliney
Elevated, Project Dank
Heady
Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, French Toast somethong or other
Black Agnes, Raspberry Schramm's
Consecration
Sip of Sunshine
Hoppy balboa
Omega Point
Tiramisu-Hoo
Map of the Sun
Barrel-Aged Hazelnut Imperial Stout
All Green Everything, Hopshower, Mosaic ( or any other half stuff )

FT: $money$, Az stuff ( Superstition Meadery, Arizona Wilderness, Four Peak, SanTan and more! ) Parabola 16, 15 Durk Lord, Ba bigfoot, either a tweak or uncle jacob's I can't remember.

sterster fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 26, 2016

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Iso
Jester kings nocturnal
Cycle, Buddha, cigar city, angry chair - general hook up for these guys

Have
$$
Can pick up wicked weeds
White angel
Kiwi Morte
Fonta flora frut lups
Grand mere

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Captain Duvel posted:

Iso
Jester kings nocturnal
Cycle, Buddha, cigar city, angry chair - general hook up for these guys

Have
$$
Can pick up wicked weeds
White angel
Kiwi Morte
Fonta flora frut lups
Grand mere

Email me at jammann@gmail.com, I have FB/CCB access.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
FT: Latest Monkish release, ISO: Joooseee Boizzz (Veil & Monkish collaboration). Would be interested to trade for a can or two if possible

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ISO: DB Huna
FT: Atrial b6 + MvB b3 + recent JK 750's + all kinds of other stuff from Texas to fill up a shipper + my soul

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
ISO: Can for can trade of latest veils, tired hands maybe other crap

FT: Fresh IPA's from Heist canned on the 22. And a few key lime goses not pictured

http://imgur.com/a/hz5q7

embedding not cooperating for some loving reason

Captain Duvel fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 29, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
ISO: Firestone Parabajava

FT: I'm in LA so have access to Bruery, Highland Park Bruery, Bottle Logic etc. Just let me know what you want and if I don't personally have it or can't buy it I can ask around.

I went to Firestone tap room

they don't sell it

their merch store does

it closed 30 mins before I got there

:suicide:

edit: got it at my local Firestone. There was a local Firestone, wtf

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 9, 2016

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Not sure how many trades are still getting done on here, but I know there's a lot of Philly beer goonz, so it's worth a shot...

ISO:
Intensely juicy dank beautiful (copy&paste)
Other recent TH stuff

FT:
Schramm's (Black Agnes, Ginger, Nutmeg, Raspberry, and The Statement)

Jackie O's (BA Oro, Champion Ground, Spirit Beast, etc.)

Shaun and Jean are two of my favorite brewers, I'd love to try this! Thanks.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Kudosx posted:

FT:
Schramm's (Black Agnes, Ginger, Nutmeg, Raspberry, and The Statement)

if you ever want to trade Veil for mead...

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

funkybottoms posted:

if you ever want to trade Veil for mead...

We can probably work something out before winter hits! I also saw you're interested in Tej, and I believe the shop that I work in has some. I'm on vacation for another few days, but should be able to look into that early next week.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
ISO: Jester King Spon (any blend or size)
FT: Casey, Weldwerks BAMA, 3F OG, Cantillion Gueuze

If you're going to the Spon release and are remotely interested in Colorado beers send me a message. There's a decent chance I can get what you want.

zonacat
Jan 13, 2005
Anyone able to get an extra 4 pack of world wide stout? Don't know how hard it is to get. Would like to try but I'm guessing it's not coming to CA cause it sounds like the ABV is unlabeled and our government is more worried about making sure I don't have plastic bags to carry my beer to my car than fixing stupid laws that make no sense.

Can get CA shelf beers in trade, some special releases but hell I don't know what anyone wants. Have some KBS sitting around I would trade, Firestone barrel aged beers I have or can get including whenever the new one hits in a couple weeks, gonna be at Russian river in a couple weeks and can grab some fresh Pliny or whatever else they have. Also can just pay cash + shipping if you don't want to trade.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Paging cryme for the one ISO relevant to his distro

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I can keep an eye out for world wide stout if you don't find anyone else by then. Haven't seen it yet, only their beer for breakfast.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I saw this happen in line so ~yolo~

ISO: Vanilla Rye
FT: Spon b1 375ml

But really, if you have Fundamental Obs b2 or DB Huna lets talk! Got a 750 Spon b1 with your name on it and of course I will bombard you with extras.

Add HF Clover to that list too

air- fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonacat
Jan 13, 2005
Cancel the world wide stout request my parents in AZ came through with 2 bottles.

Unless someone bought it with the intention of trading and doesn't want it, they I'll take it anyway. But don't buy it now.

Thanks.

• Locked thread