Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Davincie posted:

i have 2 questions

1: how do you trade with a specific person?
2: would anyone be willing to borrow me the wolf ring for a sec and be that specific person for me? I'm online now and available for the next 8 hours. In europe, psn Davincier

Password up, summon the person, one of you drops things on the ground, other person picks them up.

There are things that will NOT work: covenant items (ears, tongues, etc), spells, some others I am probably forgetting.

Rings will work - that's how I got my ring cheevo since the autosummon covenants do not work for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I got it to +5 last night, hallelujah. I think I have 1 chunk at the moment.

There are a bunch of large shards in Smouldering Lake and Demon Ruins. You can get a large shard and chunk by trading a firebomb and black firebomb to the crow's nest. The giants in the Cathedral of the Deep both drop a large shard when you kill them, and they're surprisingly easy if you just stick to their ankles and keep attacking.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Davincie posted:

i have 2 questions

1: how do you trade with a specific person?
2: would anyone be willing to borrow me the wolf ring for a sec and be that specific person for me? I'm online now and available for the next 8 hours. In europe, psn Davincier

Hi, I have a Wolf ring guy, I'll msg you in a minute or two

is your icon the strawberry-head girl?

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 15, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

Hi, I have a Wolf ring guy, I'll msg you in a minute or two

is your icon the strawberry-head girl?

it is, thank you. going on my ps4 now

Edit: for some reason we were totally incapable od seeing eaxh others signa, well that sucks

Davincie fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 15, 2016

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I just got to Faaram Keep after killing the Deacons of the Deep and I haven't had a single NPC invasion. Do they only happen now if you're in Ember form?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You must be embered

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Your Gay Uncle posted:

So I just got to Faaram Keep after killing the Deacons of the Deep and I haven't had a single NPC invasion. Do they only happen now if you're in Ember form?

Yep, and only if you haven't cleared the area boss. You kinda screwed yourself out of some so far; those will have to wait until NG+.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
What are some good stats to have high when using the black knight glaive?

I'm enjoying it pretty well, and I'm also looking at maxing out Gundyr's Glaive as well.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Dancers swords are great, especially when combined with the Pontiff eye ring. Just the L1 is great in doing a ton of damage, but the moment you activated L2 then you basically become a blender.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

Yep, and only if you haven't cleared the area boss. You kinda screwed yourself out of some so far; those will have to wait until NG+.

Thanks. I've been doing a dex build and have been getting great use out of the brigand twin blades. I've got a dex of 22 and a str of 15, would infusing the twinblades with a sharp gem? I saw it would knock my dex scaling up to an A but str and base damage would go down.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Thanks. I've been doing a dex build and have been getting great use out of the brigand twin blades. I've got a dex of 22 and a str of 15, would infusing the twinblades with a sharp gem? I saw it would knock my dex scaling up to an A but str and base damage would go down.

It should show you the damage you get from stats, directly to the right of the base damage. Do some addition, and if it's higher then go for it.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

What are some good stats to have high when using the black knight glaive?

I'm enjoying it pretty well, and I'm also looking at maxing out Gundyr's Glaive as well.

For all the BK weapons you want as much str and dex as you can get, I think dex scales better for that one so 28 str 40 dex will give good damage and allow you to 1-hand the glaive, ultimately like most weapons in the game 40/40 is optimal

If you want a lot of damage per swing from a glaive try the Winged Knight Halberd, it hits super hard

edit: instead of guessing at stats you can use this utility https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3 to see precisely how your stats will effect your damage; a BK Glaive at 28 str 40 dex will do 465 damage and 40/40 will do 499, and at 40/40 a Refined Winged Knight Halberd will do 528

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 16, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Filthy Hans posted:

For all the BK weapons you want as much str and dex as you can get, I think dex scales better for that one so 28 str 40 dex will give good damage and allow you to 1-hand the glaive, ultimately like most weapons in the game 40/40 is optimal

If you want a lot of damage per swing from a glaive try the Winged Knight Halberd, it hits super hard

edit: instead of guessing at stats you can use this utility https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3 to see precisely how your stats will effect your damage; a BK Glaive at 28 str 40 dex will do 465 damage and 40/40 will do 499, and at 40/40 a Refined Winged Knight Halberd will do 528

Alternatively, for a single stat build (strength, in this case) Gundyr's is the strongest halberd by a longshot, and has lower dex requirement than Black Knight or Winged Knight (And you aren't junking the far higher required stat for all 3, since all of those require over 25 strength).

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 16, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I need more titanite scale tho. That shut us super rare.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
You're not really that far from being able to buy titanite scales.

And twinkling titanite and titanite chunks, for that matter.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

lite_sleepr posted:

lite_sleepr posted:

The dragon place is the ideal location to grind for almost every type of crafting material that you will want late game.

Also a big fan that you can beat the final boss without having to restart the game.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Supremezero posted:

You're not really that far from being able to buy titanite scales.

And twinkling titanite and titanite chunks, for that matter.

When can I? I'm having a v. hard time deciding if I want to role play Lautrec or the Annor Londo firekeeper, or what.

I hate the choices :(

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My friend and I have had a few normal runs through DS3 and now we're trying to come up with some fun 2 player gimmicks. Obvious choices include Ornstein and Smough, Lorian and Lothric, and possibly Ornstein and the Nameless King's set. Wondering what other people have done, not just thematic gimmicks but mechanic gimmicks as well.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Another annoyance I can't figure out. I have a Quelana and Gravewarden pyromancy tome. The pyromancy tome in Firelink won't look at them because he's not a witch, and the other one is too spooky scary.

Do I just sell these?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lite_sleepr posted:

Another annoyance I can't figure out. I have a Quelana and Gravewarden pyromancy tome. The pyromancy tome in Firelink won't look at them because he's not a witch, and the other one is too spooky scary.

Do I just sell these?

You will eventually find someone who will read those. Or not, depending on how thoroughly you explore I guess.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how do you get Patches to show up in the Cathedral of the Deep? Siegward has shown up in the well and both giants are alive. Another thing of note is that I have activated Rosaria's bonfire.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

You will eventually find someone who will read those. Or not, depending on how thoroughly you explore I guess.

I killed Orbeck if thats who you mean.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

So how do you get Patches to show up in the Cathedral of the Deep? Siegward has shown up in the well and both giants are alive. Another thing of note is that I have activated Rosaria's bonfire.

You need to raise the bridges in the Cathedral as well. There's a lever near the shortcut back to the bonfire. Another is by the entrance to the boss fight.

To be honest I couldn't figure out how to get to the third. Also you need to leave the boss alive.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I finally teamed up with a good friend to stomp Pontiff.

....holy poo poo that next area with the archer knights is HILARIOUS. Just a gigantic middle finger.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

I killed Orbeck if thats who you mean.

Nope there's another NPC who you can give those tomes too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gundyr's halberd has one of the best weapon art in DS3. The amount of kills I get from people that run or roll away to chug estus is insane. Yesterday I dropped my sign on pontiff balcony and helped the host all the way to Aldrich and we both killed like 7 invaders. Then we one shot the boss. I spent a solid 40 minutes co-oping through the entire anor londo, best session ever.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Nope there's another NPC who you can give those tomes too.

That NPC will also take the dark braille tomes. You can give them to Irina instead, but you really, really shouldn't.

As for being able to buy the special titanites, you have to get the ashes from the very end of one of the secret areas.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

You need to raise the bridges in the Cathedral as well. There's a lever near the shortcut back to the bonfire. Another is by the entrance to the boss fight.

To be honest I couldn't figure out how to get to the third. Also you need to leave the boss alive.

Actually, the boss must be dead before he'll show up.

Edit: I'm also pretty sure that he won't show up if you already found Rosaria, though. He'll probably skip straight to Firelink.

Edit 2: Killing the giants or not has no effect on whether he'll show up and it's way funnier if you kill at least the first one beforehand.

...! fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 16, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

...! posted:

Actually, the boss must be dead before he'll show up.

Edit: I'm also pretty sure that he won't show up if you already found Rosaria, though. He'll probably skip straight to Firelink.

Edit 2: Killing the giants or not has no effect on whether he'll show up and it's way funnier if you kill at least the first one beforehand.

No, you most definitely don't need to kill the boss to meet Patches.

The guy asking probably screwed it up by going up into the rafters before meeting him, which screws it up since you'd be coming out on the other side. He just skips to Firelink in that case.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Haha, I think this is the best use of Rapport I've ever seen. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1W_fqfiS2c

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Hunt11 posted:

His (and Seigward's) trigger for appearing is opening the big front doors, but he won't appear if you came via Rosaria's area.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Has anyone tried out the Dragonslayer's Axe for low-to-mid level invasions? At level 60 you can have a Raw one with 27 vig and 40 end, seems pretty nasty. Buffing it with a lightning resin would be icing on that cake, too bad Warcry nullifies it so you have to pick one.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

...! posted:

Haha, I think this is the best use of Rapport I've ever seen. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1W_fqfiS2c

Holy crap I thought you had to physically get them with the poke, not just point at them

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Digirat posted:

Holy crap I thought you had to physically get them with the poke, not just point at them

Rapport is a stupidly broken spell that is basically cheating.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Supremezero posted:

No, you most definitely don't need to kill the boss to meet Patches.

The guy asking probably screwed it up by going up into the rafters before meeting him, which screws it up since you'd be coming out on the other side. He just skips to Firelink in that case.

That is what I did so yeah, I hosed up. Still managed to progress the quest with the firelink key or whatever but still a pain.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Internet Kraken posted:

Rapport is a stupidly broken spell that is basically cheating.

Yeah, probably even more than hidden body.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Gundyr's halberd has one of the best weapon art in DS3. The amount of kills I get from people that run or roll away to chug estus is insane. Yesterday I dropped my sign on pontiff balcony and helped the host all the way to Aldrich and we both killed like 7 invaders. Then we one shot the boss. I spent a solid 40 minutes co-oping through the entire anor londo, best session ever.

What level is you Gundyrs

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Garrand posted:

My friend and I have had a few normal runs through DS3 and now we're trying to come up with some fun 2 player gimmicks. Obvious choices include Ornstein and Smough, Lorian and Lothric, and possibly Ornstein and the Nameless King's set. Wondering what other people have done, not just thematic gimmicks but mechanic gimmicks as well.

My little brother and I beat every boss in the game with Dragonslayer Greataxes, mostly spamming the weapon skill. It's incredibly fun to just beast thousands of hitpoints out of bosses in seconds.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Garrand posted:

You could also do Vordt and the Dancer if you want another theme duo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Where do I get those VERY GOOD and THANK YOU stones you throw on the ground?