Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is there an obvious choice for first blademaster armor like in 4U? I think it was Jaggi armor in 4U?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Good Citizen posted:

Is there an obvious choice for first blademaster armor like in 4U? I think it was Jaggi armor in 4U?

Maccao armor is probably the easiest to farm. Velociprey and Azuros are also good choices.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Good Citizen posted:

I hear that there's an easy jaggi/bullfango mix that gets you up to Atk Up (M), so probably something like that.

e: Jaggi Helm, Jaggi Mail, Bullfango Braces(O), Jaggi Faulds(O), Bullfango Greaves (O)

Tricky fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 15, 2016

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

There's a reason one of the selectable poogie names in the past couple of games is "Evanko".

Seems like this game is less heavy on the skills, which I'm okay with. Makes me more eager to fashion hunt. So far I'm just rocking full Maccao, so maybe I should give Aerial style another whirl.

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 15, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Tricky posted:

I hear that there's an easy jaggi/bullfango mix that gets you up to Atk Up (M), so probably something like that.

e: Jaggi Helm, Jaggi Mail, Bullfango Braces(O), Jaggi Faulds(O), Bullfango Greaves (O)

armor mixing is against god's will

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Downloading. They don't even update the store, it's simply time locked.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

armor mixing is god's will

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

armor mixing is god's will

inshallah

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Downloading! It's going to take forever! :woop: I can't believe it's finally happening.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The game is so small that it's like a 30 minute download at least.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tricky posted:

I believe it's Bullfango gunner helm, not Jaggi. That way you have enough points for Atk Up L.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
My friend has limited money so I was hoping the free demo would be enough to convince him to get into MH. We play games together all the time so I had my hopes up, but he admitted that he simply had no idea what he was doing, even after several hunts. Which makes sense, but he decided not to get the game, so it's put a bit of a damper on today for me.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

oh god it better deliver today or im gonna slap my brother for preordering for both of us instead of going to the store

No one in town got any in stock, not even the place I pre-ordered.

:(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zodack posted:

My friend has limited money so I was hoping the free demo would be enough to convince him to get into MH. We play games together all the time so I had my hopes up, but he admitted that he simply had no idea what he was doing, even after several hunts. Which makes sense, but he decided not to get the game, so it's put a bit of a damper on today for me.

wicked same

"these controls suck"
"why isn't it on a console or PC"

some of them who are big dark souls AND grindy RPG apologists won't even touch it

I don't get it :shrug: MH owns, MHG is gonna own

My amazon package arrived, amazon has their own delivery service now and they kinda suck real hard, thoughts and prayers go out to everyone else affected by them

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zodack posted:

Burn the message "Please Play Monster Hunter with me" in his front lawn

Burn this gif into the lawn too to show how cool the game is:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I believe it's Bullfango gunner helm, not Jaggi. That way you have enough points for Atk Up L.

Ah, you're right. That'd definitely be better.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
1. Don't forget to redeem your MH4U save bonus items

2. Apparently there is also a newbie pack on DLC?

99 honey
50 mega potions
20 mega-dash juice
50 well-done steak
20 lifepowder
30 hot drinks
30 cool drinks
10 shock traps
10 pitfall traps
30 tranq bombs

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Download done and now it's time to murder for hats.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
So how do y'all like to get into it? Do you start slow and do village? Or go straight into online?

I got my Amazon preorder yesterday so I got to do both. I did all the 1-star village quests and got a good gathering ground going. Then, I played online and farmed Great Maccao with strangers. Destroyed some Bulldromes in like a minute too. Was fun! Not sure whether I want to do Village or go straight into Guild first.

Does anyone have any idea what I'd be missing going straight into Guild? Any ingredients, anything like that?

Also, DLC just went up today, right? I tried to get on there last night and got an error.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mortimer posted:

"why isn't it on PC"

This unironically

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh poo poo I can have a giant fuckin afro in this game?

e: I want to pick one of these annoying voices so bad but at hour 100 I'll probably want to kill myself for doing it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the first town music is real good, haven't even fought a monster yet and i'm already having a good time

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Zodack posted:

It's a tough series to get into, you pretty much have to go into the game intending to play 5-8 hours no matter what, even if it seems like janky garbage at first. I bounced off the series twice before getting hooked.

It doesn't help that they chose a monster who reverses your controls as one of the demo options :psyduck:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Electric Lady posted:

So how do y'all like to get into it? Do you start slow and do village? Or go straight into online?

I got my Amazon preorder yesterday so I got to do both. I did all the 1-star village quests and got a good gathering ground going. Then, I played online and farmed Great Maccao with strangers. Destroyed some Bulldromes in like a minute too. Was fun! Not sure whether I want to do Village or go straight into Guild first.

Does anyone have any idea what I'd be missing going straight into Guild? Any ingredients, anything like that?

Also, DLC just went up today, right? I tried to get on there last night and got an error.

Village has all (or most of them) the level 1 and 2 Hunter Arts and a lot of the food and trading stuff. It's almost always worth it to cruise through Village. The way I do it is I do Village when I have a bit of time here and there and then whenever my friends are on we go do Guild together. You generally want to balance them out but focusing on one over the other isn't going to absolutely screw you like in MH4U where you couldn't fight Apex monsters without completing the Village.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Countblanc posted:

This unironically

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Mortimer posted:

wicked same

"these controls suck"
"why isn't it on a console or PC"

some of them who are big dark souls AND grindy RPG apologists won't even touch it

I don't get it :shrug: MH owns, MHG is gonna own

My amazon package arrived, amazon has their own delivery service now and they kinda suck real hard, thoughts and prayers go out to everyone else affected by them

This friend is pretty level but I did have another who bought 4u, wiped to Great Jaggi four times, and never picked up the game again. I can't begin to describe how stupid that was.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh my god they brought back Neko (Means "Cat"), goty 2016

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't played with goons online - do I just hop on the Discord in the OP and ask if anyone's up for something when I wanna play online?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my god they brought back Neko (Means "Cat"), goty 2016

I just hope the Argosy Captain pops up somewhere. De wa~!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I think you'll find that Neko means "Tiger" :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It's downloading and I'm off to work. I've got six hours to decide what style and type of weapon to use first.

I'm hopeless :smith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

It's downloading and I'm off to work. I've got six hours to decide what style and type of weapon to use first.

I'm hopeless :smith:

same :smithfrog:

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Finished the download but it appears that something has gone wrong with my SD card. :( I've never had a problem with it before this, but whenever I start to play the game it isn't too long before it complains about being undetected. Worst time for a mystery problem.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh. Cool. Voice is apparently one of the only things you can't change once you've started.

That's fuckin' dumb.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Minrad posted:

1. Don't forget to redeem your MH4U save bonus items

Yeah where do I pick these up? I 'redeemed ' them but can't actually find out where to get them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

whats the SOP for playing on discord

push to talk seems real bad because of holding a 3ds, but open mic means you can hear other peoples game sounds

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Is there some kind of bonus for having played the demo of MHGen or is it only for MH4U?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh. Cool. Voice is apparently one of the only things you can't change once you've started.

That's fuckin' dumb.

I got 12 hours into MH4U before I realized I hated the voice and restarted

Hail Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

This day at work is going on forever. I'm fairly certain I'm trapped in purgatory. :negative:

HenryEx posted:

Is there some kind of bonus for having played the demo of MHGen or is it only for MH4U?

Just MH4U. There's more you can download from the DLC menu, but nothing from the demo.

• Locked thread