Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fenris13 posted:

Yeah, t6 is going really slow, slower than premod because of lack of participation. How many 60+ active people are in gga? Maybe we should merge the two guilds and send all the non active or once a week goons into gga.

I thought we just loving went over us spacing out our raid clears to give more people a chance to get on the scoreboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Mark my words, whatever they do will be the equivalent of putting a band aid over a sucking chest wound. The devs are fully incompetent at understanding their own game. "Here's 10 Chewie shards!"

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

MoraleHazard posted:

I just downloaded whatever patch allows me to use mods this morning, and I'm auto running the mod levels. I've run out of guild allies and been relegated to using random pubbies. I love how some of these clowns have Lvl 70, Gear 1, IG-100 as their top character.

I suspected these were fake characters generated by the game but then I used one and actually got the option to friend the guy!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
And here's EA_Jesse, doing his best to calm everyone down.

EA_Jesse posted:

Hey Everyone,
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a message to you all that is directly from me, one that isn’t patch notes :)
I know that a number of you are upset with the latest series of updates, but know that we have heard you. As many of you saw, CG_NotReallyAJedi made a couple of posts recently addressing some of the concerns with Mods. We should have more to discuss tomorrow, but know that the team is doing quite a bit of work on Mods to change them. I want to avoid giving any specifics since all of the changes we’re looking at are being tested still, but know that adjustments will be made to Mods. There are also some other concerns you all have that I won’t list out here, but know that I’m talking to the development team about them as well.
Now, in regards to all of the posts on the forums, we need to adjust the approach being taken by a number of posters. I’m going to ask that you please stop posting threads that do nothing to help the state of the game, I don’t want to remove anyone because they keep breaking the TOS and Forum Guidelines.
Here are a couple of things that I’d like to see stop:
Posting threads telling people to quit, to stop spending on the game or to lower their review scores. This does nothing to help the state of the game. What helps us is seeing feedback on why you don’t like a certain feature and how it affects your enjoyment of the game.
Do not create posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators. Again, this does nothing to help the game.
Do not create posts on how the game is dead, or how it’s going to die, or anything along those lines.
If any of the above is done after this posting action will be taken against your forum account, and we really don’t want to have to do that, so please, keep it civil and constructive so we can clearly see your feedback.
Thanks,
Jesse

Did I say calm everyone down? I meant he just lit a match.

Hahahahah, found this in response to the TI post:

quote:

Lol
How the last day has gone so far:
Players: OMG WHAT THE **** ARE THESE MODS, JESUS THEY'RE SO POWERFUL! WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA. OH ****, THE WHALES ARE GOING TO BE MAXED AND IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTEND WITH, ALL MY GEAR IS USELESS **** HELL THIS IS HORRIBLE!
CG: We've heard you have some problems with this update. We are aware of your concerns of being left behind. Don't worry, we're working on something that will help...[10 seconds later]...Alright, we've heard your problems, and we're listening. So here's what we're going to implement. Once the whales have 2 days to farm these mods like crazy, and you've had the chance to maybe get one or two, we're going to reduce the drop rate.
Players: WHAT THE ACTUAL ****, THAT'S COMPLETELY BACKWARDS, THAT MAKES IT EVEN HARDER JESUS ****.
CG: Oh we're sorry you're having troubles. To make it up to you, now the T5 mod battle will drop T3 and T4 mods too, so you probably won't even get T5 when you get a mod.
Players: WHAT THE LIVING ****, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ****, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?
CG: By the way, the way credits were being used was inconsistent for leveling mods, so we're going to fix that too.
Players: That sounds like a good change actually, than.....OH **** OFF. YOU JUST DOUBLED THE CREDIT COST TO LEVEL A MOD UP. WHAT THE ACTUAL LIVING **** ARE YOU DOING?
CG: Hey, don't worry about it, we're totally going to increase the amount of credits you get from GW. It will totally help...[increases credits by 20%]
Players: 20 **** PERCENT INCREASE? ARE YOU **** **** ME? I JUST RAN INTO A FULLY MODDED LEVEL 80 GL 11 DROID TEAM AT NODE 6 AND BLEW THROUGH 36 7* CHARACTERS. I'M WORSE OFF THAN I WAS BEFORE. HOW CAN YOU BE THIS DENSE?
CG: We have a new system in place where you can mod your character to improve their strength by orders of magnitude, you should try that.
Players: ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME! THAT'S WHAT CAUSED THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.
CG: Oh, I should mention that it uses Cantina energy, so at most you can get 7 battles a day in. Good luck! You can get more by spending crystals to refresh.
Players: I GUESS I HAVE TO SPEND CRYSTALS ON REFRESHES NOW. OH WAIT, I FINISHED ALL MY ENERGY, AND I HAVEN'T COMPLETED MY DAILIES, WHY NOT? MOD BATTLES USE CANTINA ENERGY, GRANT CANTINA REWARDS, BUT I DIDN'T GET CANTINA BATTLE CREDIT FOR DAILIES!
CG: Well naturally, the battles are hard, so they count as hard mode battles, not cantina battles. This is working as intended.
Players: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
CG: Please enjoy these 20 Chewie shards!

Best goddamn forum post.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 15, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

"Don't complain or we'll ban you"

Interesting approach to calming people down. Less a match and more pouring gasoline over the fire.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/554531/#Comment_554531

EA_Jesse posted:

Ok, I'm going to ask one more time, please stop with the troll posts, I'm sitting here wanting to talk with you all, but instead many of you are just writing posts that aren't helping things.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

We are a level above dumpster fire.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

We are a level above dumpster fire.

OP'd

I mean, on one level I'm sad they just ruined a game I actually kinda like. However, I might have a lot more time to do....something?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

OP'd

I mean, on one level I'm sad they just ruined a game I actually kinda like. However, I might have a lot more time to do....something?

I've been trying that Final Fantasy Xivious game and I've gotta say it's pretty good! Far, far better made than GoH. Even if you don't know if you want to play it, I'd recommend trying it and redeeming the launch items - poo poo ton of bonus items and some bonus characters and tickets to pull rare characters atm.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 15, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Holy poo poo I want boba fet now. That +50% crit damage...and 10% crit chance on my already 50% crit chance rey. Double-hit just crit for 60k.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

hngkong posted:

Mark my words, whatever they do will be the equivalent of putting a band aid over a sucking chest wound. The devs are fully incompetent at understanding their own game. "Here's 10 Chewie shards!"

Holy poo poo, I didn't expect them to make things worse that fast.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

iGestalt posted:

I've been trying that Final Fantasy Xivious game and I've gotta say it's pretty good! Far, far better made than GoH. Even if you don't know if you want to play it, I'd recommend trying it and redeeming the launch items - poo poo ton of bonus items and some bonus characters and tickets to pull rare characters atm.

Add me on that game dude I am 4 levels from a maxed chizuru who can literally carry you through all current content regardless of anything you have.518,915,230. Pref to my SW goonbros!

edited to be correct since I am terrible!

Herux fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 15, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

Add me on that game dude I am 4 levels from a maxed chizuru who can literally carry you through all current content regardless of anything you have.587-335-573. Pref to my SW goonbros!

Instead of doing GW today, I think I'm going to try out FF. Will add you once I'm in there. Name will probably have something to do with Mal.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Herux posted:

Add me on that game dude I am 4 levels from a maxed chizuru who can literally carry you through all current content regardless of anything you have.587-335-573. Pref to my SW goonbros!

I tried to add your number, but it says user not found.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Herux posted:

Will do! thanks!

Edit: Yeah, user not found.

Add me too, anybody trying out FF GoH. ID: 430,666,029

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Herux posted:

lol That code doesn't work because that's his SW:GoH Ally Code. His FF code is: 518,915,230

I've got a few slots on my FF account: 478,214,519

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Inkel posted:

lol That code doesn't work because that's his SW:GoH Ally Code. His FF code is: 518,915,230

I've got a few slots on my FF account: 478,214,519

HAHAHAHA I screwed that right up! SORRY EVERYONE!

518,915,230 and just let me know who you are so i can make room for you. Inkel was obvious. Is anyone hngkong?

Herux fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 15, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I use the same name there, as I do here - iGestalt

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

Is anyone hngkong?

Not me, but he's definitely in swgoh

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I sent you both Exvius friend requests as Rosario. I'm brand spanking new.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Yeah the side effect of the dev incompetence is that the whales were just given at least a month's headstart on mods. What took them a day and a million credits will take me like ten times that post changes so I will be unanle to finish GW for a while.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has 26 active people.

:negative:

I'm dialing back quite a bit. I've got some weird health stuff going on right now and I don't really want the added stress of trying to advance in this game with the way things are right now.

I'll still do my dailies and stuff but I just wanted to apologize in advance.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
I made my avatar chirrut imwe, just like from star wars rogue one who dies at the end

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Are we talking about that Final Fantasy record keeper game? Because that had such a garbage UI even compared to menues on menues that GoH uses. And honestly I just don't care about Final Fantasy like I do star wars. It really is true this game is probably only popular because of the branding. :smith:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Are we talking about that Final Fantasy record keeper game? Because that had such a garbage UI even compared to menues on menues that GoH uses. And honestly I just don't care about Final Fantasy like I do star wars. It really is true this game is probably only popular because of the branding. :smith:

No, they just released a new, but similar game called Brave EXVIUS.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Reminder: the last time the devs said "We heard you" they changed GW for the better, then decided they'd rather keep their incompetence streak going and changed it for the worse

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

This game just instacrashes on me in Bluestacks now since the mod update, anyone else having this problem?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Malgrin posted:

And here's EA_Jesse, doing his best to calm everyone down.

Did I say calm everyone down? I meant he just lit a match.

Hahahahah, found this in response to the TI post:

Best goddamn forum post.

It is. I just put lvl 1 and lvl 2 mods on my droid team and holy poo poo. No more glass cannons. I rocketed from ~1000 to ~600 in the arena.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Syrinxx posted:

This game just instacrashes on me in Bluestacks now since the mod update, anyone else having this problem?

Yes. In fact, Bluestacks was instacrashing every app I tried today. I installed nox and it works fine on that.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

cowofwar posted:

Yeah the side effect of the dev incompetence is that the whales were just given at least a month's headstart on mods. What took them a day and a million credits will take me like ten times that post changes so I will be unanle to finish GW for a while.

Glad i took mals advice and dropped ~6-10mil credits and ~all my crystals on refreshes when the 5pip health mods were 100%drop so i have 5 full lvl15 5pip modded bros although maybe not perfect stats but i will live.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

I run Andy instead, and do not have this problem. I have seen several people complain about BS since patch though.

Herux posted:

Glad i took mals advice and dropped ~6-10mil credits and ~all my crystals on refreshes when the 5pip health mods were 100%drop so i have 5 full lvl15 5pip modded bros although maybe not perfect stats but i will live.

Glad I could help. I didn't think for a second that the good times would last.

This is like precrafting, but about 10x worse. In the past, if you precrafted 2-3 items, you got a pretty big advantage, but other people could still take you out in arena (most of the time). Sometimes the protection was too much, but not usually.

Now, wow. I mean, it's like double or more stats for what you choose.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 15, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jibo posted:

I'm dialing back quite a bit. I've got some weird health stuff going on right now and I don't really want the added stress of trying to advance in this game with the way things are right now.

I'll still do my dailies and stuff but I just wanted to apologize in advance.

Dude, it's cool. Take all the time you need. I wish you the best.

Malgrin posted:

Instead of doing GW today, I think I'm going to try out FF.

Let me know if it's any good. I'm not jumping ship without other goons.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Venture posted:

It's pretty good if you like FF. There is a pretty decent thread about it in games of you want to take a look.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

There's a whole thread. I spent about 5 minutes to it. As someone who really like Final Fantasy games (although I haven't enjoyed the last few), I just can't get behind this one. I dunno, I think I like the combination of gameplay/story in FF games, but I just can't immerse myself in a story in a mobile game. I'm not that tied to any of the characters, so I just don't see the point of collecting them? Or maybe it's the artistic style of this game. I really don't know.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I tried it but didn't like the graphics either. Also the only FF game I ever played was FFXIII (and I loved it) which makes my opinions on the FF franchise instantly invalid to most of its fans :v:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I tried it but didn't like the graphics either. Also the only FF game I ever played was FFXIII (and I loved it) which makes my opinions on the FF franchise instantly invalid to most of its fans :v:

Haha, I didn't dislike 13, and I played most of it, but I just got a bit bored after awhile. I thought the gameplay was good, but the story was blander than usual.

So...today was the first time since I can remember, that, while running my arena team in GW, I actually lost anyone. Granted, running up against a 150k HP/Prot RG certainly does not make that easy. I'm confused though, the person put 110k into protection. I get that it's easier to get high prot numbers in RG, but I'd much rather go for high HP numbers on him because he gets insane amounts of healing when people attack anyone else.

Oh, nvm, For the same level gear, you get 1/2 health as prot. 47% vs 94% and about 7k vs 14k. Prot is probably the better call in this meta.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 15, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I'm sorry, I should have clarified: I'm not jumping ship without other STAR WARS goons.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, I got through the Potency battles, and first reward is always one 1*, so, Teebo now has a full set of 1* potency mods, putting him at 84% potency.

e: next up, Elder with this but Speed mods.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 15, 2016

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Herux posted:

Add me on that game dude I am 4 levels from a maxed chizuru who can literally carry you through all current content regardless of anything you have.518,915,230. Pref to my SW goonbros!

edited to be correct since I am terrible!

Just d\l and adding people from SW. ID is 592,831,715 and name is R4NS0M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
My last FF post over on this thread but for those who have added me...when you run Chizuru use barrage. You are welcome.